Topic Stats

• 2,353 posts
  • 281 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Samuel (resized).jpg
Backglass (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg
cardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpg
They-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpg
5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 47.
#301 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Still no gameplay video from the OP?

Family? Christmas? new BM66 pin in the house? OP has probably been busy doing what we all would have been doing in the same position, by that I mean he's been playing his BM66 locked away from his family in his gameroom

#302 1 year ago

While we patiently wait for some Batman game video check out this video. It answers the age old question who would win in a battle between Darth Vader and Batman.

#303 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I like that idea....cheap enough if it comes off..will give it another whirl on this one....

Comes right up. Hobby Lobby sells it. I first learned about it from a guy who used it in the Shire drop area on Lotr.

The only thing about the mylar on shooter lane is if its a pin that has the pin striping it will pull it might pull it up, did that on my Ac/dc prem

Felt for non pin stripers, cling vinyl for pin stripes and just have to replace more often.

#304 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

One of the reasons I don't post here much anymore is I got sick of all the whiners constantly trying to tell everyone else when they're allowed to post, when they're allowed to have an opinion.
Here's a thread specifically asking for impressions and thoughts and the little precious snowflake police are out in force, telling people what they're allowed to say. F—k off already, it pathetic, no one needs your permission or approval to write anything.
If you like the game then great! Enjoy it in good health. I wish no one anything but happiness with how they spend their money, even if I think it's dumb.
If you think it's an overpriced cash grab that's driving the hobby off a cliff then you should be free to say that too. And if anyone doesn't like it they can open a bag of disappointment for Christmas.
Personally I'm in the middle. I don't think it's the death knell for pinball. Nor do I find it particularly interesting. Doesn't matter what I think, but I'm free to post it anyways. That's why we're here right?

Agreed, it is a real slippery slope when people attempt to either suppress or actively censor posts on forums which don't conform to their viewpoints. There is also an inherent risk with this if it gains traction in that moderators/admins could potentially join in and actively start deleting posts and you would eventually get a situation where pinside becomes an iteration of our domestic AussieArcade forum (i.e. 15 active posters on a supposed membership base of 16,000 and a sterile micromanaged forum that essentially becomes devoid of genuine discussion and outside perspective.)

Competently managed forums should always be about the discussion of topics both positive and negative which both have a right to be heard and neither side is more valid than the other.

Hopefully some decent gameplay video of B66 isn't too far away and we can form a better comparison as to why this machine is apparently so different in design to TDK besides artwork and a long overdue visual enhancement.

#305 1 year ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

This 30th Anniversary game may have brought Stern fortune, but not glory on this title.
As a matter of fact, in terms of glory, it was the polar opposite, their efforts now have caused more enthusiasts to turn their backs on their company than at any other time in the past 15 years out of disdain.

Uhhhh.....please list the citation of those numbers.

#306 1 year ago

Cause I don't think it's complete yet.

#307 1 year ago

Hey guys,

Sorry about no game play video I am currently not staying at the house with the pin. I'll be back there on Thursday but I can't imagine that someone with more video talent wouldn't have their pin by then. How exactly do you guys mount your iPhone to video the game play?

#308 1 year ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Hey guys,
Sorry about no game play video I am currently not staying at the house with the pin. I'll be back there on Thursday but I can't imagine that someone with more video talent wouldn't have their pin by then. How exactly do you guys mount your iPhone to video the game play?

Get a cheap tripod and an iPhone tripod adaptor

#309 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

One of the reasons I don't post here much anymore is I got sick of all the whiners constantly trying to tell everyone else when they're allowed to post, when they're allowed to have an opinion.

This particular reason and the constant "prove it" (coupled with the classic follow up "that's not true") comments eventually drive many people away from any forum.
When you spend excessive time "proving it" people sometimes don't care, never wanted the truth anyway, and the trolls just stop trying to derail and go silent, moving onto another chuckle moment.
If you don't quote every single source of direct information, less inclined people don't want to believe either out their personal fantasy.
This ends in the classic TLDR moment of ignorance.
This really is a no win situation.
Over moderation nazis are the other destructive force on forums, not the taunters.
I cannot blame people for leaving.
Once a forum is only left to those that ended up on ignore lists anyway, the website is dead.
Fortunately, PinSide has equal amounts of new enthusiasts entering a higher rate for now.
However, the knowledge base is a mixed bag and I cannot tell if it's in full decline from a year ago.
There are only a handful that could explain the IC construction, schematic circuitry, and diagnose of electrical signals through an oscilloscope of say an Early Bally SS "Squawk and Talk" sound board.
You need equal amounts of knowledgeable people on a website, not just those that dangle their "toes in the water" saying how cool a game is in terms of gameplay.
They ACTUALLY have to talk as well, not just lurk.
That is why some just starting going offsite and writing articles on PinWiki.
Endless polls have become beyond annoying, as they have little to no value, even for entertainment now.

Everybody has moments of feeling like there is no point in trying to help others, if they already made up their own minds on what they believe.
This includes things like repairs, diagnosing game problems, and other areas in terms of pinball.

This is called "signal to noise" ratio.
People had been commenting on some of this aspect here for some time, hence some of the changes to this forum.
Some people even with the changes that were mentioned before the modifications have basically said "$#!@ it".
I mean to people really think making fake pinball events using shadow accounts on calendars is fun?
I guess they do.

My significant other yesterday announced she wanted to buy her own pinball machine for her house.
However, she clearly stated she would not do it until she fully understood how it works and basic maintenance.
I raised my eyebrows.
She recognized that buying this luxury toy required more expertise, because there are many less people that could fix it.
You cannot drive down to the local auto shops(s) near a person's home.

It absolutely made my day, due the second part of the response, not just the first.
Sometimes people do listen.

"If one piece of musical orchestration is heard over a sea of white noise, it makes it worth the effort of performance."

- TBK

#310 1 year ago

How exactly do you guys mount your iPhone to video the game play?

Use one of these with a small portable expanding tripod.
Cost effective.
The camera will not "jiggle" and provide a steady frame.
If the the tripod is too small, use a table for additional height and stability.

This is in lieu of a higher end digital camera that records HD video.
If you do not want to tape, Dead Flip is only a couple of days away, and will just expand on the teaser gameplay video released by Stern on 22 December 2016.

All the actual gameplay video provided to date from multiple sources basically shows:
"It is a functional, flipping, retheme, blinged TDK pinball machine that includes an extra rotating toy with Walmart action figures".
I really wish I could state I saw anything innovative from Mr. Gomez, but it just is not there.
I really never watch a video screen when I play pinball, although it looks very colorful.
Certainly a lot of time was spent on programming, more than other features.
This would be a benefit to a bystander or attracting players.
Sounds continue to be well integrated.

Device (resized).jpg

#311 1 year ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

This particular reason and the constant "prove it"

So, its safe for me to assume then that your statement of 'fact': "This 30th Anniversary game may have brought Stern fortune, but not glory on this title.
As a matter of fact, in terms of glory, it was the polar opposite, their efforts now have caused more enthusiasts to turn their backs on their company than at any other time in the past 15 years out of disdain."

- is simply mammoth projection on your part. Totally cool if you don't like Stern or Batman'66 - but wild hyperbole pretending to be fact is where I have to call people out. Sorry.

#312 1 year ago

Hey guys,

Just invite Derek over to do it. Flights to Chicago are cheap!

Or maybe get a nephew to help out?

#313 1 year ago
Quoted from zeddex:

So, its safe for me to assume then that your statement of 'fact': "This 30th Anniversary game may have brought Stern fortune, but not glory on this title.
As a matter of fact, in terms of glory, it was the polar opposite, their efforts now have caused more enthusiasts to turn their backs on their company than at any other time in the past 15 years out of disdain."
- is simply mammoth projection on your part. Totally cool if you don't like Stern or Batman'66 - but wild hyperbole pretending to be fact is where I have to call people out. Sorry.

It's absolutely true. 2016 represented a turn in enthusiast perception of Stern from "the guys we support to keep pinball alive" to "the company that crossed the line into arrogance and pure greed". From the GB insert issues, to the growing list of unfinished code, to their Expo party that was about them and not the fans, to shunning Martin from Pinball News and others for criticizing the company, to asking customers to beg for their massively overpriced retheme....this is the year they sought to take advantage of their supporters, it was transparent, and many of their usual supporters have tapped out. I know so many collectors who pretty much buy every new game ...and almost all of them have said "I'm done".

#314 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's absolutely true. 2016 represented a turn in enthusiast perception of Stern from "the guys we support to keep pinball alive" to "the company that crossed the line into arrogance and pure greed". From the GB insert issues, to the growing list of unfinished code, to their Expo party that was about them and not the fans, to shunning Martin from Pinball News and others for criticizing the company, to asking customers to beg for their massively overpriced retheme....this is the year they sought to take advantage of their supporters, it was transparent, and many of their usual supporters have tapped out. I know so many collectors who pretty much buy every new game ...and almost all of them have said "I'm done".

perfectly said and happy to see it here finally. I wondered when some of them were going to wake up and happy that they are. I only see good things as more people continue to wake up.

#315 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

perfectly said and happy to see it here finally. I wondered when some of them were going to wake up and happy that they are. I only see good things as more people continue to wake up.

You haven't seen proof of it, and that's the *only* thing that matters.

Proof is in the pudding. By proof I mean that actual sales numbers of Stern pins goes down fairly significantly (that's what it would take to have any real impact). People bitching on a forum saying that they are done buying NIB pins from Stern is meaningless if Stern continues selling nearly the same number of pins.

Having said that, I completely agree with Greg about knowing a lot of people who normally buy NIB pins saying that they are "done" and they appear to be more resolute in their declaration of no more NIB this time around.

Still...if Stern reveals another pin that generates the kind of excitement that something like MET did when it was first released, I have a feeling that the vast majority of those "no more NIB Sterns for me" crowd will recant. It wouldn't be the first time, and won't be the last.

#316 1 year ago

On the heels of the later posts, why would anyone buy a NIB other than bragging rights? To me a HUO with mods that you can see and play is the best way to go. Wait for a mature code and you wont have to complain about codes not being released. Why take a risk of things slipping by Sterns quality control? Why not save some money? Have we all gone mad?

#317 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

On the heels of the later posts, why would anyone buy a NIB other than bragging rights? To me a HUO with mods that you can see and play is the best way to go. Wait for a mature code and you wont have to complain about codes not being released. Why take a risk of things slipping by Sterns quality control? Why not save some money? Have we all gone mad?

People like buying new stuff. Same reason I don't buy clothes at Salvation Army.

#318 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

When games were a bit more reliable out of the box and quality and QA wasn't such a concern, it was really fun to be part of the discovery process of a new game. For LE versions, you had to get in early to get one, usually anyway. But now, it simply doesn't make sense to buy NIB from Stern. I won't do it again. I've bought a few NIB, but GBLE taught me that the risk of frustration is too high.

There's nothing quite like having a NIB game. It's all so clean, perfect, and shiny. Well, it used to be that way...

#319 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

If no one buys new, no one can buy used. People like buying new shit. The QC and code is another issue entirely. I don't want a used game if the inserts are fucked and the code is buggy.

#320 1 year ago

The other problem with buying used huo is that you will have to spend a lot of time getting rid of all the ridiculous mods the previous owner installed

#321 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The other problem with buying used huo is that you will have to spend a lot of time getting rid of all the ridiculous mods the previous owner installed

I have to de-purple a lot of games...

#322 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

You haven't seen proof of it, and that's the *only* thing that matters.

Quoted from RobT:

I completely agree with Greg about knowing a lot of people who normally buy NIB pins saying that they are "done" and they appear to be more resolute in their declaration of no more NIB this time around.

all the 'proof' I need...

When all the guys I know are saying NO and appear to mean it, then that is pretty good for me. It is also pretty obvious to see how the tide has tunred on pinside. I agree that the real test is when they put out something amazing, but it 'appears' things have shifted. It also seems liek this is a hard one to rectify for Stern as missing/messed up code, defective games losing value, and over priced junk quality is on the forefront of the communal mind.

#323 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

Proof is in the pudding. By proof I mean that actual sales numbers of Stern pins goes down fairly significantly (that's what it would take to have any real impact). People bitching on a forum saying that they are done buying NIB pins from Stern is meaningless if Stern continues selling nearly the same number of pins.

Well that's the thing - if they can remain in business selling a handful of games to the mega wealthy hoarders who buy everything because "it's collectible" (let's face it....these are the types who stare at the shiny pretty and don't actually play) ...then ok, that's their business plan and it works....but is it worth losing their most passionate customers and players who love THE GAME and not the dick measuring? Maybe it is. Maybe we don't matter. Maybe they can be massively profitable by selling expensive, low run, low quality LE's & Pinball Arcade apps/tables.

Gary always said if pinball dies, a bit of the fabric of life goes with it. I submit that what they're doing right now isn't that different. I don't feel the "fun" coming from them right now...more like predators picking off easy prey.

#324 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

I have to de-purple a lot of games...

Thanks for saving games from the Portland grape juice menace!

#325 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

100% agree.

Stern is dead to me, let them fix the code on the games I own (I mean bug fixes as well as improved gameplay rules where necessary) and I *may* give them another chance.

Pride goes before the fall and believe me, Stern is full of it.

#326 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

When games were a bit more reliable out of the box and quality and QA wasn't such a concern, it was really fun to be part of the discovery process of a new game. For LE versions, you had to get in early to get one, usually anyway. But now, it simply doesn't make sense to buy NIB from Stern. I won't do it again. I've bought a few NIB, but GBLE taught me that the risk of frustration is too high.
There's nothing quite like having a NIB game. It's all so clean, perfect, and shiny. Well, it used to be that way...

my friend bought a Met pre nib he figured he'd treat himself to the brand new pin, but has had issues with the ball lock mech from day one and has been working on the pin more than playing it. IMO if I need to lift the PF more than 2-3 on a NIB pin times thats not fun.

I understand that things can go wrong, but the point is that I'm scared and other people are scared after the latest issues with Stern on top of their track record with code.

I got burned pretty bad with XMLE with the code issues to say the least. I fail to see why anyone buys these games before they have a proven track record. It's the same Charley Brown, Lucy and the football routine over and over. I've finally got wise.

#327 1 year ago

I've only bought one NIB my entire (all be it short, 5 year) pinball collector life (WOZECLE). This will be my second (BM66LE), and have committed to a third (AlienLE).

This was only due to the theme (grail type for me), and availability (zero in my area) relative to quantities produced. I play, work on, and modify ALL of my pins, and have been fortunate enough at this point, to fill my lineup with "used" pins (screw the HUO designation, pretty hard to be absolutely definitive). Generally, I've paid on the high side of the market for mine, but the value was there for me (because the quality of the used models was high).

If there is a title (NIB or USED) that I can afford and believe I want, I will buy it....period.

Summary - I can't speak to the guys that have to have every new pin..I'm not one of those. Can't speak to the guys that have one machine and are satisfied, a route owner/ operator, nor a flipper. I'm simply a pinball enthusiast who wants what I want, and have yet to purchase a "dog". In this regards, if Stern (or any of the other manufacturers) make machines that people want and can afford, they will buy them. QC and price ARE important to me, so regardless if it's new or used, I have thresholds. Choices are good, but not at the expense of quality. Price gouging ALWAYS takes care of itself.

#328 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well that's the thing - if they can remain in business selling a handful of games to the mega wealthy hoarders who buy everything because "it's collectible" (let's face it....these are the types who stare at the shiny pretty and don't actually play) ...then ok, that's their business plan and it works....but is it worth losing their most passionate customers and players who love THE GAME and not the dick measuring? Maybe it is. Maybe we don't matter. Maybe they can be massively profitable by selling expensive, low run, low quality LE's & Pinball Arcade apps/tables.
Gary always said if pinball dies, a bit of the fabric of life goes with it. I submit that what they're doing right now isn't that different. I don't feel the "fun" coming from them right now...more like predators picking off easy prey.

Why are you bitching at Stern about this instead of all the Johnny Come Lately pin manufacturers who started the price raising war in the first place? Why not blame JJP, the Dutch, spooky or anybody else for the death of pinball?

it really seems unfair, not to mention it completely obtuse. Stern games are STILL the cheapest in town compared with all these other manufacturers who made $7000-8000 the new normal. Nobody else is selling complete, awesome pinball machines for $5,000 (or $5,500 has the case may be following the latest increase).

This has all been said in 10 other threads but people keep coming to short-sighted conclusions and I'll have to keep pointing out the big picture. Stern didn't realize they could raise prices all by themselves you know.

#329 1 year ago

I'll say it once again.

Wtf do you expect them to do with NIB LEs when people climb all over themselves to get a GBLE for $8k and flip it for $9-10k?

Look at how many flippers have backed out of RZ once that gravy train ended

So Stern should have just sold BM66LEs for $8k and watch people fight it out to get one to flip and make a buck. That's asinine thinking

The problem is not just with Stern it's with the scalpers. And that game is over now. People that really want the pin will be the only buyers

#330 1 year ago

Okay bad hombres keep on buying new shit and I will gladly buy your old shit.

#331 1 year ago

Stern has gone corporate. The bean counters only care about bottom line profits.
The build quality has gone down drastically, peeling side art decals, ghosting inserts, flakey bulb sockets, chipping clearcoat, just to name a few.
I bought a NIB ST Pro and I always have to fiddle with the insert lights to get them to work.

#332 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why are you bitching at Stern about this instead of all the Johnny Come Lately pin manufacturers who started the price raising war in the first place? Why not blame JJP, the Dutch, spooky or anybody else for the death of pinball?

I know you like trolling me, but facts make for better discussion. Here are my options since you are judging me without context.

-JJP is clearly putting more $$$ into their games, hence higher prices....which I have bitched about. $9k and $12k are insane for Dialed In. The wait for Hobbits is nuts. I bought my Hobbit used.

-Dutch is boutique until further notice. They're making a high quality, low run niche title that no one else would dare bother with. $8500 seemed fair for that. I'm upset mine hasn't shipped yet, but is has been built....the nature of an overseas production and shipping containers.

-Spooky is also boutique, but priced fairly ...but their games aren't good yet, and I've been vocal about that.

-Stern is mass produced. Pros are priced fairly. QC and code have been terrible lately. Prices, artificial limits, and "try outs" for B66 models are ludicrous.

#333 1 year ago

So...about that video. My impression was that it was nice to see it's more than a box of lights, but it wasn't much more than a teaser. I'm really looking forward to the dead flip and/or the lucky guy who somehow got his game before the rest of us.

#334 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I know you like trolling me, but facts make for better discussion. Here are my options since you are judging me without context.
-JJP is clearly putting more $$$ into their games, hence higher prices....which I have bitched about. $9k and $12k are insane for Dialed In. The wait for Hobbits is nuts. I bought my Hobbit used.
-Dutch is boutique until further notice. They're making a high quality, low run niche title that no one else would dare bother with. $8500 seemed fair for that. I'm upset mine hasn't shipped yet, but is has been built....the nature of an overseas production and shipping containers.
-Spooky is also boutique, but priced fairly ...but their games aren't good yet, and I've been vocal about that.
-Stern is mass produced. Pros are priced fairly. QC and code have been terrible lately. Prices, artificial limits, and "try outs" for B66 models are ludicrous.

Stern makes the cheapest pinball machines, yet everybody is bitching at them about raising prices. Meanwhile, all of these other "alternatives" are way more expensive, and nobody can keep em working. The Lebowski on location near me is broken far more than it works, but hey it looks great. Like my dad's FIAT in the 70s.

Don't accuse me of trolling ,that's obnoxious. You need to find some perspective. You can buy a Stern for $5,500. You can buy a JJP, Spooky, or Dutch for $7000-10000. But keep "trolling" about Stern.

Current high prices are COMPLETELY the responsibility of all the other manufacturers. They jacked up prices. They showed people will pay. They did it first, and Stern is following suit. Accept it. The fact that they've managed to get people pissed off at STERN for rising prices instead of them is an ingenious sleight of hand I haven't seen since...oh...November...

I appreciate that people don't want to pay more for pins (duh?) but the abuse Stern is taking is completely overblown (shocker). Find me a better deal for the NIB buyer - I don't see one. And, as apparently the only person on pinside who actually plays these games, it's gonna be hard to convince me anybody else is making games anywhere near as complete, challenging, or satisfying.

#335 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

JJP is clearly putting more $$$ into their games, hence higher prices....which I have bitched about. $9k and $12k are insane for Dialed In. The wait for Hobbits is nuts. I bought my Hobbit used.

JJP has to put more money into their games, if you want to make a buyer wait 3 years for a pin it better be built well and for Stern while I agree prices are too high its the opposite where 3 games a year or close to 10 in the same time you get 1 JJP well there might be some issues and waiting for code, I'm not justifying either mind you but its always easier to attack the big guys. Spooky pins still look like they are a school project and Dutch pinball seems to get a pass but not from me, its nice but not 10K nice, Heighway seems to be in line offering a nice pin at a decent price and I like the swappable PF option which will keeps things affordable and help with those of us that have space issues but they haven't been reliable with their timelines either. A NIB Stern was 5K when I started collecting 7 years ago and now a GB pro is $5500, thats not all that bad, still the best of the bunch in my opinion. SW will sell a lot of units and most of the "never again" NIB guys will fold like a cheap suit.

#336 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stern makes the cheapest pinball machines, yet everybody is bitching at them about raising prices.

You're in the Batman '66 thread. There is no "cheap".

#337 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You're in the Batman '66 thread. There is no "cheap".

$7500 for a Batman premium is still as good a deal as any in pinball right now, right?

It's gonna rule! Have you seen that LCD screen?

#338 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

A NIB Stern was 5K when I started collecting 7 years ago and now a GB pro is $5500, thats not all that bad, still the best of the bunch in my opinion.

Uh...7 years ago you were only paying $5,000 if you were getting ripped off.

#339 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

$7500 for a Batman premium is still as good a deal as any in pinball right now, right?

Is it? My Met LE was $6800 NIB shipped. STLE was $7300 if I remember correctly. Premiums are now more than LEs...I don't trust the QC yet, and code is early....doesn't seem like a good deal.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Have you seen that LCD screen?

I have Batman '66 on Blu-Ray...so, yeah, kinda...I have seen it.

#340 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

all the 'proof' I need...
When all the guys I know are saying NO and appear to mean it, then that is pretty good for me.

Well, thats like saying "all the people that I know are voting for Clinton, even my Republican friends won't vote for Trump, and that's all the proof that I need that she is going to win the election." We all know how that turned out.

Anecdotal evidence is of very little value under almost any circumstance.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Well that's the thing - if they can remain in business selling a handful of games to the mega wealthy hoarders who buy everything because "it's collectible" (let's face it....these are the types who stare at the shiny pretty and don't actually play) ...then ok, that's their business plan and it works....but is it worth losing their most passionate customers and players who love THE GAME and not the dick measuring? Maybe it is. Maybe we don't matter.

No, I don't believe that Stern can survive long term by selling a "handful of games" to the "mega wealthy hoarders." No evidence to support that they could, or would want to. They are a manufacturing company, who just moved into a larger facility. They are not a boutique company that has any desire to sell just a small number of pins.

Where does this "mega wealthy" thing come from? It's like people are so hyper pissed about the fact that Stern had the audacity to offer a super limited edition of a pin for a high price at $15k, that they assume that this is what every single pin that they are going to sell going forward will cost.

Most people here are of the opinion that the BM66 model is *not* going to be the pricing model for the rest of their lineup going forward. BM66 is a different animal.

When pricing is released for their next pin (Aerosmith?) we will get a better idea of how much more money Stern will be charging for their normal titles, including the pro model. Whatever the price is, I'm pretty sure that you won't need to be "mega wealthy" to buy it.

#341 1 year ago

Either way it's a stupid price hike for the sake of covering their ass on all the piles of gimped PF's they now have sitting in the back of the shop.

Why they need to force another said hike on old distro stock is beyond me.
Nobody I know will pay more for WWE or KISS NIB's, let alone a 2009-esque clearance price for them.

Guess 2017's main theme/license will be "Looney Tunes."

#342 1 year ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Either way it's a stupid price hike for the sake of covering their ass on all the piles of PF's they now have sitting in the back of the shop.
Why they need to force said hike on old distro stock is beyond me.
Nobody I know will pay more for WWE or KISS NIB's let alone a 2009 clearance price for them.

I forgot about that stupid price hike applying to old/sitting distributor stock. That's a crock for sure.

I guess they think that if the oil companies can get away with it so can they.

#343 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

Uh...7 years ago you were only paying $5,000 if you were getting ripped off.

Maybe because of our dollar, what was it the states for SM or IJ4?

#344 1 year ago

$3500-$4200 (delivered) on those titles. (POTC, SM, IM, TDK)
(IJ4 was a tad bit cheaper if I remember correctly.)

Man, do I miss those $3499 SM/IM Amazon deals.

#345 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

When pricing is released for their next pin (Aerosmith?) we will get a better idea of how much more money Stern will be charging for their normal titles, including the pro model. Whatever the price is, I'm pretty sure that you won't need to be "mega wealthy" to buy it.

I heard this week from a distributor that it's looking like there will be a $300 MSRP increase on future Pros & Premiums (no word yet on what the LE increase will be).

#346 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

100% agree.
Stern is dead to me, let them fix the code on the games I own (I mean bug fixes as well as improved gameplay rules where necessary) and I *may* give them another chance.
Pride goes before the fall and believe me, Stern is full of it.

I'm curious Rai, you have a ton of great Stern games with complete code. What exactly are you unhappy about?

#347 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

Where does this "mega wealthy" thing come from? It's like people are so hyper pissed about the fact that Stern had the audacity to offer a super limited edition of a pin for a high price at $15k, that they assume that this is what every single pin that they are going to sell going forward will cost.

It's just the fact that they did it at all, especially in the midst of crumbling GB playfields and F'd up code. You used the right word: audacity. Even if the 2017 pins aren't priced like B66, there will still be "cornerstone" price hikes while they still
have so many issues to work out in regards to quality, code and communication. I'm not buying that kind of product from a company that acts like they're doing the customer a favor.

#348 1 year ago

I honestly don't know wtf some of you guys are looking at and/or playing?

My last two Stern pins, a TWDLE and GBLE are not just really good but really phenomenal!

That means QC, coding, fun factor etc. And throw in an Ac/dc premium before that. Top notch.

The "ghosting" is the most overblown bunch of BS i've ever seen. They are fixing the issues, good lord, some cars have issues off the line, some pins have issues off the line. If you can't handle the process of getting shit fixed then pinball and most of life isn't for you.

As for the crybabies that "won't buy a HUO pin with buggy code or overblown PF issues" then i've got a baby bottle for you to suck on.

Bitch about price? Don't buy? Same guys have a Star Wars LE on a wait list. Guaran..F ing...tee it!. I can see the cheap suits folding now.

The Schlep rock, naysaying negative nellies will never get me down!

#349 1 year ago

I agree. I have never seen so much crying in my life. I have Mustang LE, TWD LE, Transformers LE, Kiss LE and GB LE. The only issue I had was the GB scoop shorting issue. It pissed me off but that's it. I got over it. I had no lights for several weeks. Stern sent everything I needed to fix. I have been so happy with all these machines. Just scored 1.3b on Gb. What a machine. Can wait for Batman66 LE. The machine looks great and bet it will play great!!!! .

#350 1 year ago

Some of this stuff blows me away....

Certain threads- Say an ill world about MET or AC/DC and you'll be crucified ( best pins ever made in their opinion)
Certain threads- Say B/W older titles rule- instant flaming ( even though they stay at the top of the ratings)
Certain threads- Say JJP sucks, yet some of the most beautiful and great machines out there ( say some)
Now- BM66 sucks- no gameplay yet, putting Stern under ( even though everything offered already sold out) because Stern makes crap(?)

It just doesn't add up...maybe venting helps I guess....my take? It's all because there hasn't been a TRONVE thread in awhile...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside