Topic Stats

• 2,353 posts
  • 281 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Samuel (resized).jpg
Backglass (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg
cardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpg
They-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpg
5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 47.
#251 1 year ago

I'm just going to keep standing here page 6, staring at you next to the Batmobile with my perky bosom, until there is some freaking clean uninterrupted gameplay.

IMG_4491 (resized).JPG

#252 1 year ago

Definitely need a Hurry-Up mode in BM66, if Stern have access to the 66 movie as well as the series then its got to be included "some days you just can't get rid of a bomb" hurry up!

That would make my LE worth my 10k right there

ZhTjEE9.gif

#253 1 year ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I'll flip the instruction card when I have a chance on my laptop. Many have asked about the topper. I forgot it at stern, we pulled the game right off the line and didn't think about the topper until after we left.

Flipped the card for you.

batman-instruction-card (resized).jpg

#254 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pretty sure the sle only has the upgraded Jensen speakers and better speaker panel from what i just read and saw. Other offerings have the standard spike system sound package and regular generic plastic speaker panel......

Quoted from musketd:

I physically saw them at expo all 3 versions have a better sound system then spike 1, but the sle has even more powerful . Trust me it looks great in real life and very nice

Speakers look same as other spike systems?

#255 1 year ago

Im just looking forward to seeing some more gameplay videos. From the looks of the rule card it looks like its got a fair amount of stuff to do.

#256 1 year ago

Awesome thanks for the pics.... glad the speaker panel is metal and can be powdercoated.

#257 1 year ago

Man, leave this thread for a day with family........machine pics still look great, but machine still looked better in person.

Even if the service rails are cheaper, gotta be better then those pegs. Speaker grills were metal, and I kind of like the hinge thing. Gameplay? .6 code....I'll see how she rolls when mine is setup later this week ....Merry Christmas, everyone....I'm sure many more gameplay takes by this time next weekend......

#258 1 year ago

BTW....my son in law ( and future) in the pin room today. They only played 3 of my titles all evening...Tronle, IMVE, and SM. One of them stayed on tron the entire session....kept pushing the button, and it kept beating the hell out of him...he was uttering profanities and sweating at the end...job well done. 2nd guy played IMVE, shit kicked out of him for about 2 hours ( that's a gazillion games on IM)....convinced him to move to SM, and he never got the flow going.

They looked whipped as they left the room....another successful night!!!!

#259 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Videos can be deceiving, like Careless Whisper. Wasn't George Michael making out with chicks in that video...?

Wow! Was this complete prophecy? George Michael, dead. Freaky timing.

#260 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Wow! Was this complete prophecy? George Michael, dead. Freaky timing.

Be careful what you say, the universe is always listening...

#261 1 year ago

Did the game ship with the topper?

#262 1 year ago

Is it just me, or does it look nice and neat underneath….and simpler as well…easier to fix...

#263 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

OP said he grabbed it off the line at Stern and forget about the topper until after he left. Btw can the OP confirm if it came with a scoop Cliffy already installed?

#264 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Definitely need a Hurry-Up mode in BM66, if Stern have access to the 66 movie as well as the series then its got to be included "some days you just can't get rid of a bomb" hurry up!
That would make my LE worth my 10k right there

There's a phone hurry up mode so far.

Quoted from zucot:

The game will ship with the topper but I grabbed this one as it was right off the line and forgot to grab my topper.

Quoted from spfxted:

Is it just me, or does it look nice and neat underneath….and simpler as well…easier to fix...

Absolutely.

#265 1 year ago

There's a phone hurry up mode so far.

The game will ship with the topper but I grabbed this one as it was right off the line and forgot to grab my topper.

Absolutely.

Great info and updates, given it's Christmas Day....thank you.....

#266 1 year ago

Just noticed you have batgirl decals on you LE back box. Expo machines and fliers showed batman and robin on the LE back box decals. Is batgirl on both sides?

374127f4a3359c0644b93cbb05190f25406db7d8 (resized).jpg

#267 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Just noticed you have batgirl decals on you LE back box. Expo machines and fliers showed batman and robin on the LE back box decals. Is batgirl on both sides?

Nice catch. Yes I have batgirl on both sides. I don't know what they will say about that, I'd prefer the robin and batman version but hey I'm not very picky.

Quoted from thundergod76:

OP said he grabbed it off the line at Stern and forget about the topper until after he left. Btw can the OP confirm if it came with a scoop Cliffy already installed?

Nope, which sucks because it was great that they installed them on GB.

Someone asked for a picture of the scoops and a picture of the bat mobile unclose.

#268 1 year ago

IMG_7818 (resized).JPG

IMG_7820 (resized).JPG

IMG_7819 (resized).JPG

#269 1 year ago

Drafts....seems like cliffys would be a no brainer for those 2 scoops....

#270 1 year ago

In pinball manufacturing industry the term is called "retheme".
In the movie industry it is called a "reboot".
In most other areas it generally called a "redux", like bringing back an ice cream flavor long gone at Baskin Robbins.

Future owners will determine if they were bamboozled by Stern.
Currently, most pre orders buyers are still blinded by shiny, some others are still looking to flip LEs for price speculation.
The final remaining others do not care either way.
Personally, I think that is embarrassing for people to throw money at things that are untested, and unknown in terms of final product of anything.

Initial reviews and evaluations were disappointing from those that have experience, because there is only so much you can do with a recycled playfield design. A color screen and new code will not fix the TDK or the game weaknesses. It is not like a person is receiving any measure of proper features from any version for what Stern asked for in price. While it may not be be a WWE, it will not trump TDK in terms of quality of gameplay.

I will personally be playing an LE that an operator pre bought sometime in the near future most likely JAN 2017, but never have the interest to own one.
I don't mind supporting his attempt to recoup his cost at requirement of $1/play.
Even that price it will take years, unless he dumps the game for early resale.
He may have to do so.
Ownership is not related to price.
Simply the fact, that there is no value to me personally for this title whatsoever, not that it does not have bling.
That does not mean I won't give the game a fair shake, but I have a general sixth sense about pinball, and this game is going to be a dud in the market for those few that were bought for operations, and homeowners as not going to be able to readily flip the games for $2-3K more than they bought it, maybe $1-1.5K if fortunate.

This 30th Anniversary game may have brought Stern fortune, but not glory on this title.
As a matter of fact, in terms of glory, it was the polar opposite, their efforts now have caused more enthusiasts to turn their backs on their company than at any other time in the past 15 years out of disdain.
I doubt that is what their goal was overall, but they made their choices and now have to live with the consequences.

#271 1 year ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

In pinball manufacturing industry the term is called "retheme".

So there is hope for a VE.

retheme (resized).jpg

#272 1 year ago

Thanks for your pictures.
Do you have any pictures of the Menu system
Now that its LCD I am interested to see its layout, and if its just a colorized version of the current system or if they show switch locations like pin2000 did

#274 1 year ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

, because there is only so much you can do with a recycled playfield design. A color screen and new code will not fix the TDK or the game weaknesses.

Look at Austin Powers & Iron Man - a few tweaks and new code make ALL the difference. Same with Space Jam & NBA ...not that anyone has played NBA, but I guarantee it's far better than Space Jam.

Now, this game is far more redesigned from its source than those two. Main toy is completely different. Ramps are completely different. Only a few minor elements remain, and one is the part everyone loves (Crane)...plus all new code.

The bottom line is, to the end customer, it's a new game and will be judged on its own merits. BDK is irrelevant at this point.

#275 1 year ago

Yeah thanks for the pics but if I took pics of a bdk nearly all the pics would look the same. Yep 2-way vuk never seen that on a batman pin before. Geez! Let's get excited about a design that's been around for years just because it has a different slap of paint on it... And pay double for it.

I think that sums up my stance on this topic pretty well.

#276 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Look at Austin Powers & Iron Man - a few tweaks and new code make ALL the difference. Same with Space Jam & NBA ...not that anyone has played NBA, but I guarantee it's far better than Space Jam.
Now, this game is far more redesigned from its source than those two. Main toy is completely different. Ramps are completely different. Only a few minor elements remain, and one is the part everyone loves (Crane)...plus all new code.
The bottom line is, to the end customer, it's a new game and will be judged on its own merits. BDK is irrelevant at this point.

You've brought this AP/IM comparison up in another thread. Doesn't cut it and isn't the same deal as this, but I respect your opinion.
I would explain but anyone bothered to think about it for more than 2 minutes will know what I mean. Even the basic rule set now for the crane and multipliers for example is the same deal.

#277 1 year ago

Finally!! Cables on the speaker/screen panel to stop it sliding down the rails when it's open. Yes!! Seriously, where have these been for like, ever?

#278 1 year ago

Painted cab bottom.

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Flipped the card for you.</blockquote
Hoping it still has the combo system in it that Gomez had talked about on several of occasions and interviews

#280 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Hoping it still has the combo system in it that Gomez had talked about on several of occasions and interviews

I must have missed that, can you share what you have heard/read? Last entry on the instruction card mentions combos so I am hoping there are plenty of combos (seems to be a regular thing now with Sterns thankfully as combos rock!) and a couple combo champion score boards.

#281 1 year ago

My batman is on its way but won't get it here until Jan. Can't wait!

#282 1 year ago

Any pictures of the catwoman PF re. ramp flaps?

#283 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Any pictures of the catwoman PF re. ramp flaps?

From the latest Stern factory vid it looks like the ramp flaps don't cut off the top of her head anymore.

#284 1 year ago

looks like they also took into consideration the inner art. i have inner art on many my pins but they were never designed for it and its always a risk damaging the blades moving the playfield up and down. this sounds like it was engineered for this mod. clearance should not be an issue going forward on new sterns.

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

My batman is on its way but won't get it here until Jan. Can't wait!

I imagine ours will be arriving at the same time, are you planning on getting a Cliffy set for your BM66 - shooter lane, drain hole, VUK, kick out? Thinking of a joint order as I have a set as well as another BM66 owner.

#286 1 year ago

From what little can be gleaned from that vid:

1) Theme integration seems to be well done.
2) Display, callouts, music is done tastefully. Love the comic panel text that guides the user.
3) Kinetically not a lot of flow demonstrated in game play - not one catwoman ramp shot was made IIRC, come to think of it - the crane disrupts flow to both ramps and turntable when in use, total flow killer.
4) I like the integration of the turntable with the multiple target opportunities. Looks like there is a dead zone to the right between the turntable and the center ramp.

Not of big fan of TDK and that crane - which prevented me from purchasing that title when new. For that reason, I can't see me getting in to this game, although I am looking forward to playing this game on route - maybe it will change my mind. Looking forward to what Stern does moving forward, excited to see what's possible for 2017 with the new platform.

#287 1 year ago

Nice catch. Yes I have batgirl on both sides. I don't know what they will say about that, I'd prefer the robin and batman version but hey I'm not very picky.

That's really interesting because that's the exact same sideart that is supposed to be on the Premium. I wonder if Stern screwed up or decided to switch the 2 at the last minute. But it's really strange to not have the machines match their official flyer pictures.

#288 1 year ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

Not of big fan of TDK and that crane - which prevented me from purchasing that title when new.

How can you not like that crane, after Lyman finished polishing the code for BDK its programming was pretty cool and varied between modes.

I know it's personal taste just curious what you didn't like about the crane as I always thought it was one of Sterns best toys.

#289 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

How can you not like that crane, after Lyman finished polishing the code for BDK its programming was pretty cool and varied between modes.
I know it's personal taste just curious what you didn't like about the crane as I always thought it was one of Sterns best toys.

I agree the crane is one of the best pinball toys. I think it is great that they kept this in the design. BDK is a fun game, but the seesaw and joker turntable get old quick.

#290 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

You've brought this AP/IM comparison up in another thread. Doesn't cut it and isn't the same deal as this, but I respect your opinion.

How so? Both games started as an existing game and were tweaked here and there to make a new one. IM started life as Austin Powers. The ramps are exactly the same (except the left no longer has the magnet divertor). Monger is the same idea as Dr. Evil ...both rise out of the playfield to be bashed. War Machine kickback replaced the toilet, Whiplash magnet replaced the Austin scoop. Shot up the middle to the pops replaced the time machine....all new rules = different game. If you weren't around in 2010, people were saying the same thing about IM as some are about B66: "It's just an Austin Powers retheme but cheaped down and costs more"

#291 1 year ago

No Cliffys for me

Mylar or thin self adhesive felt in shooter lane. Works great, installs in 2 seconds and costs about a nickel.

Same thing for scoops

#292 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How so? Both games started as an existing game and were tweaked here and there to make a new one. IM started life as Austin Powers. The ramps are exactly the same (except the left no longer has the magnet divertor). Monger is the same idea as Dr. Evil ...both rise out of the playfield to be bashed. War Machine kickback replaced the toilet, Whiplash magnet replaced the Austin scoop. Shot up the middle to the pops replaced the time machine....all new rules = different game. If you weren't around in 2010, people were saying the same thing about IM as some are about B66: "It's just an Austin Powers retheme but cheaped down and costs more"

Totally agree with the above, rules can completely change a game, after all there is only so many layouts you can do before they have all been done, rules/code "make" a game!

But don't forget the KILLER audio package on Ironman that alone makes Ironman completely different and instantly immersive, there is no pin I enjoy more with the sound and shaker cranked up to max.

#293 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No Cliffys for me
Mylar or thin self adhesive felt in shooter lane. Works great, installs in 2 seconds and costs about a nickel.
Same thing for scoops

Never heard of that being used before, I will look into that, I do like the look and finish of Cliffy's though, although the best shooter lane protector I have ever seen/had is Avatar LE the metal rails that detect which type of ball is being used is bullet proof and looks good.

#294 1 year ago

I also use removable Mylar Everywhere on a new Game.
I dont like the depressions and Cut lines left by Cliffys on a New Game, and this works fine for Home Use.

#295 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I also use removable Mylar Everywhere on a new Game.
I dont like the depressions and Cut lines left by Cliffys on a New Game, and this works fine for Home Use.

I use both......mylar around pops and ball drop areas, but man, a lot of the scoops and other large ball entry areas..I gotta have Cliffys.....lots of action, and the mylar never seems to stay in place...

Guess I'll have to check this machine out to see where my worries are....

#296 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I use both......mylar around pops and ball drop areas, but man, a lot of the scoops and other large ball entry areas..I gotta have Cliffys.....lots of action, and the mylar never seems to stay in place...

I'm gonna try the very thin adhesive felt in scoop area this time. Cling vinyl in other spots. It does have to be replaced over time as it comes up

For HUO it works for me. If I had a pin on location? Prob not

#297 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm gonna try the very thin adhesive felt in scoop area this time. Cling vinyl in other spots. It does have to be replaced over time as it comes up

I like that idea....cheap enough if it comes off..will give it another whirl on this one....

#298 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So subtract a bunch of stuff, add a bunch of stuff, change a bunch of stuff. Addams family is just like high speed! But different!

#299 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So subtract a bunch of stuff, add a bunch of stuff, change a bunch of stuff. Addams family is just like high speed! But different!

And Tron is Funhouse.

The ramps in AP and IM are identical.

#300 1 year ago

Still no gameplay video from the OP?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside