Topic Stats

• 2,344 posts
  • 281 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Samuel (resized).jpg
Backglass (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg
cardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpg
They-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpg
5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 47.
#201 1 year ago

Really like the lcd size but man i really dislike the speaker panel.... looks very very generic and dont care for speaker grills .I'm sure the after market peeps will come up with something great but for the price i think stern cld of did something much nicer.

#202 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

One thing is for sure, as much as I dig the 27" large LCD and I do like DP's lcd as well I think Stern has the nicest look so far, that screen is a perfect size and u retain a good portion of backbox art.

Me too, I'm digging the screen size and placement.

Seeing some of the border changing background for the tv clips is really cool too. Not just a static background.

By the time Lyman gets through with this should be great. Part of the fun is the progression of code with Lyman as he updates. With the Lcd it will be even better this time around.

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really like the lcd size but man i really dislike the speaker panel.... looks very very generic and dont care for speaker grills .I'm sure the after market peeps will come up with something great but for the price i think stern cld of did something much nicer.

I agree, speaker panel is terrible, they saved the good stuff for the SLE, which those guys deserve it anyhow.

After market mod for sure. I think Gomez mentioned you'd be able to buy all of the extra crap that goes on the SLE, toys, grill, bat light, etc.?

#204 1 year ago

Saw the speaker panel at expo and it looked great in real life and the sound system is a better one too

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree, speaker panel is terrible, they saved the good stuff for the SLE, which those guys deserve it anyhow.
After market mod for sure. I think Gomez mentioned you'd be able to buy all of the extra crap that goes on the SLE, toys, grill, bat light, etc.?

O i didnt know sle was different? ...ill have check it out.

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Saw the speaker panel at expo and it looked great in real life and the sound system is a better one too

Cool. Stern sound has gotten so much better. Can't wait to experience the new upgrade

#207 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It shows a new pinball machine with a big color screen and that awesome brassy batman theme being cranked with you hit pinball shots.
If you don't find that mind-blowingly cool enough it's time to find a new hobby.
If you saw enough in that brief video to come up with any kind of criticisms that you think anybody should actually take seriously, you need to find a new hobby.
Basically, a bunch of joyless husks of humanity need to find a new hobby.

One can enjoy the hobby and also have an opinion on a new game based on the one video that has been released. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Quoted from smassa:

Maybe to those people 15k or 10k is like a few hundred to me or you. Its amazing why people are so concerned how other people spend their money.

What does this have to do with concern for others? We're all potential customers. We will have an opinion based on the information we have. What information do we have on Batman 66? Price, pics and one video. Discussion ensues.

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Pretty sure the sle only has the upgraded Jensen speakers and better speaker panel from what i just read and saw. Other offerings have the standard spike system sound package and regular generic plastic speaker panel......

#209 1 year ago

I physically saw them at expo all 3 versions have a better sound system then spike 1, but the sle has even more powerful . Trust me it looks great in real life and very nice

#210 1 year ago

From the pics above the speaker panel is kinda blah .... maybe he will take some better pics of it and the speakers inside......
The sle looks slick tho ...as it sld for 15k lol.

#211 1 year ago

One of the reasons I don't post here much anymore is I got sick of all the whiners constantly trying to tell everyone else when they're allowed to post, when they're allowed to have an opinion.

Here's a thread specifically asking for impressions and thoughts and the little precious snowflake police are out in force, telling people what they're allowed to say. F—k off already, it pathetic, no one needs your permission or approval to write anything.

If you like the game then great! Enjoy it in good health. I wish no one anything but happiness with how they spend their money, even if I think it's dumb.

If you think it's an overpriced cash grab that's driving the hobby off a cliff then you should be free to say that too. And if anyone doesn't like it they can open a bag of disappointment for Christmas.

Personally I'm in the middle. I don't think it's the death knell for pinball. Nor do I find it particularly interesting. Doesn't matter what I think, but I'm free to post it anyways. That's why we're here right?

#212 1 year ago

Fuck yeah Aurich. Damn well said. You killed that shit.

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

One of the reasons I don't post here much anymore is I got sick of all the whiners constantly trying to tell everyone else when they're allowed to post, when they're allowed to have an opinion.
Here's a thread specifically asking for impressions and thoughts and the little precious snowflake police are out in force, telling people what they're allowed to say. F—k off already, it pathetic, no one needs your permission or approval to write anything.
If you like the game then great! Enjoy it in good health. I wish no one anything but happiness with how they spend their money, even if I think it's dumb.
If you think it's an overpriced cash grab that's driving the hobby off a cliff then you should be free to say that too. And if anyone doesn't like it they can open a bag of disappointment for Christmas.
Personally I'm in the middle. I don't think it's the death knell for pinball. Nor do I find it particularly interesting. Doesn't matter what I think, but I'm free to post it anyways. That's why we're here right?

Sounds to me like you are one of the whiners.As for people being shut down there are three main people who shit on every Stern thread and they are the ones people shut down.People can be critical without people saying boo bigd1979 is critical in the post before yours.

#214 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

(Moderator edit) with that lame garbage.

It's a troll thread. It doesn't "specifically ask" anything.

Merry Christmas!

#215 1 year ago

Aurich , I think it's more of a broken record kind of thing. The same post whores posting the same shit over & over gets old .

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Aurich , I think it's more of a broken record kind of thing. The same post whores posting the same shit over & over gets old .

It's the lame trollness of it all. When I open a thread called "what are your impressions of batman?" And the post is

"You guys are idiots for buying this game. I watched a video" it's a transparent troll thread that you'd think free-thinkers like aurich would be able to sniff out pretty easily.

#217 1 year ago

It's one thing to critique a game and have criticism. Pinlawyer had a good point about the "should be drops", said his peace and then moved on.

I like to hear differing opinions despite how wrong and stupid they might be.

Its another thing for the obnoxious pricks to constantly bang the same stupid drum over and over again. Posting the same shit 24/7, just to be a dick and troll out of nothing more than jealousy, pettiness and dickishness.

And if you don't like that comment then you can F off too!

Merry F ing xmas! Bunch of whiny biatches

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Gadget. Stern was nice enough to offer me to pick one but I told them just to surprise me. It's a rediculous gadget but it's kinda funny anyway. The good news for everyone is that 70-80 of these should ship next week so many should have these for nye. Also the factory was packed with parts inventory and they seem to be ramping up production on everything.

For anyone who has their game now or has seen the protos in person, is the speaker panel on the SLE is it metal? From photos and a video with George it appears the SLE has a powder coated speaker panel so it would need to be metal, what is the speaker panel on the LE? wood? Sorry I cant zoom in and get a good idea from my iphone.

#219 1 year ago

Merry Christmas you all! Grab some food and drink and shut up for a while….

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

For anyone who has their game now or has seen the protos in person, is the speaker panel on the SLE is it metal? From photos and a video with George it appears the SLE has a powder coated speaker panel so it would need to be metal, what is the speaker panel on the LE? wood? Sorry I cant zoom in and get a good idea from my iphone.

Looks like plastic to me?

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Merry Christmas you all! Grab some food and drink and shut up for a while….

Yeah shut the (moderator edit) up and be merry

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Looks like plastic to me?

Should be easy enough then to get a metal speaker panel made off the plastic one and get it powder coated to match the LE armour

I will get that done at the same time I get my chrome wireform powdered

#224 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Should be easy enough then to get a metal speaker panel made off the plastic one and get it powder coated to match the LE armour
I will get that done at the same time I get my chrome wireform powdered

That wld look nice..... or even a decal look nice and a cheaper upgrade...

#225 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

Sounds to me like you are one of the whiners.As for people being shut down there are three main people who shit on every Stern thread and they are the ones people shut down.People can be critical without people saying boo bigd1979 is critical in the post before yours.

OK Jody, sorry, now get back to marketing that POS. Oh yeah and Merry Christmas.

#226 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That wld look nice..... or even a decal look nice and a cheaper upgrade...

Yeah it looks great, there is a video of George showing off the SLE and the speaker panel looks powder coated black with the silver flake to match the rest of the cabinet armour and it looks real nice.

I decided to powder my other wireform as one powdered and one chrome looks off to me and since BM66 is already so colourful, 2 coloured wireforms are better than 1

#227 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like to hear differing opinions despite how wrong and stupid they might be.

Hi! My name is Nimble and I absolutely love Stars by Stern!

#228 1 year ago

Just some pictures someone requested.

IMG_7801 (resized).JPG

IMG_7803 (resized).JPG

IMG_7802 (resized).JPG

IMG_7804 (resized).JPG

IMG_7807 (resized).JPG

IMG_7808 (resized).JPG

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

OK Jody, sorry, now get back to marketing that POS. Oh yeah and Merry Christmas.

599 (resized).png

#230 1 year ago

That's definitely better than Shrek!

#231 1 year ago

Thank you for the photos its great having some close up shots, good to see Villain has been correct, could you take a close up of the Batmobile model? Also how good is the powder coated finish on the left wireform? Thanks

#232 1 year ago

Did they for sure fix the ramp flaps covering Catwoman's head?

#233 1 year ago

Wow didn't realize two sides of the big toy were just 2 stand up targets? Is it just that and a spinning thing like on safecracker)/2 more standups ?

#234 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow didn't realize two sides of the big toy were just 2 stand up targets? Is it Just that and a spinning thing like on safecracker?

I believe one side incorporates the magnet, a drop target or 2 would have been cool either on the spinning toy or in front of it - could have represented the bookcase/batpoles - the drop in BDK was a nice shot, but I still like whats on offer its different with each face.

#235 1 year ago

How about a pic of the instruction card ?
Thanks

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Hi! My name is Nimble and I absolutely love Stars by Stern!

Don't tease us NP. Are u back or not?

#237 1 year ago

Just stopping in for the holidays...
Spreading my now non-boob-laden Pinside cheer.

On that note Ice,
Ghostbusters actually turned out to be a fantastic game finally, after the ninth day of tweaking on it...

It even rewarded me with just over a billion in bonus the other night after starting from just 4 mil on my third ball.

Heck,
Even the mighty Stars is sitting idle for the moment!

#238 1 year ago

Check out the new PJ's my friend just got, looks like Batman gear is back in fashion!

IMG_5612 (resized).PNG

#239 1 year ago

I'll get some other requested photos after I get back from the movies and dinner. Some things to note, new backglass/speaker panel design comes apart differently. At first I thought it was a bad design but once I used it properly it's nice. The speaker panel has a hinge and it comes down and the backglass stays in place and you can remove it. Becareful though, the first time I opened it the backglass was not behind the stopper, it was coming out at the same time and could have easily been dropped or scratched. The speaker panel is metal and can be powder coated. The side rails of the playfield are metal now instead of wood. To me that's a nice upgrade. They provided washers for the leg bolts. The sliders on the back of the game were changed to a cheaper version, I don't care for that. Here are some more pictures.

#240 1 year ago

Ooh,
Better not tell Kaneda about those sweet PJ's; after closer inspection, I guess that's definitely the proper action sound they should be making in that area...

Emeril might be a bit miffed they took his catchphrase though.

#241 1 year ago

IMG_7812 (resized).JPG
IMG_7800 (resized).JPG
IMG_7811 (resized).JPG
IMG_7813 (resized).JPG
IMG_7815 (resized).JPG
IMG_7814 (resized).JPG

IMG_7817 (resized).JPG

#242 1 year ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

On that note Ice,
Ghostbusters actually turned out to be a fantastic game finally, after the ninth day of tweaking on it...
It even rewarded me with just over a billion in bonus the other night after starting from just 4 mil on my third ball.
Heck,
Even the mighty Stars is sitting idle for the moment!

Good man, one day I'll have Stars in house to see what all the fuss is about!

GB really is great, easier to tweak than that temperamental TWD.

#243 1 year ago

Nice to have a good looking instruction card! Huge improvement over the black on yellow standard. See??!? That's worth a grand right there!

#244 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fuck off with that lame garbage.
It's a troll thread. It doesn't "specifically ask" anything.
Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, I got you the same thing you got me.

#245 1 year ago

The side rails of the playfield are metal now instead of wood. To me that's a nice upgrade.

Very nice upgrade.

Two wizard modes, that instruction card is loaded.

#246 1 year ago

I'll flip the instruction card when I have a chance on my laptop. Many have asked about the topper. I forgot it at stern, we pulled the game right off the line and didn't think about the topper until after we left.

#247 1 year ago

That translate really POP's, so glad I went with the LE over the premium, as it was the art package and topper that swung it for me.

#248 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

GB really is great, easier to tweak than that temperamental TWD.

Lol,
Maybe in opposite land!

I firmly stand by my "two Avengers LE/prem put together" statement personally.

No fuss on the Stars BTW...
It's literally just five people on here that love that brutally basic POS.

#249 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Very nice upgrade.
Two wizard modes, that instruction card is loaded.

Looks good to me, I just cant wait to see what Lyman does this time around with the Crane, it had some nice programming in BDK, which I would be happy with again but if he can add a few fresh ideas to it even better.

I cant remember if BDK had "combos" in its code but looking at that instruction card BM66 does and everyone loves a combo champion scoreboard

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Lol,
Maybe in opposite land!
I firmly stand by my "two Avengers LE/prem put together" statement personally.
No fuss on the Stars BTW...
It's literally just five people on here that love that brutally basic POS.

Not just 5 people. Stars mania has swept pinball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Champaign, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside