20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 47.
#1901 7 years ago

There were 80 sle's correct and how many le's?

80 SLE's and 240 LE's.

#1902 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

No, i am perfectly fine with that. I just do not believe that the BM66 as it is right now makes anybody very happy. Let me put it this way: if you would know that no updates were coming, would you than be happy with the machine ?
btw: does your BM66LE work already, or still waiting for parts ?

Of course I wouldn't be happy if this was the end of the line for code. Who would? People would be screaming bloody murder.

I have my parts, very big box, waiting to get installed. Then I can really say whether I agree or not

#1903 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Of course I wouldn't be happy if this was the end of the line for code. Who would? People would be screaming bloody murder.
I have my parts, very big box, waiting to get installed. Then I can really say whether I agree or not

Wow...cool that Stern is finally gotten into sending out pinball KITS to people

Nahh good luck with it dude. Send Stern the bill for the tech that you said you were going to have come over. Seriously.

Then you can actually give us your "informed" opinion of the thing. I don't like all the whining either as people knew what they were getting into but you waving pom poms without ever even playing a game is almost as bad at the other end of the spectrum.

Personally I don't think the game is worth the drama you're putting into it. I think it'll shape up fine and if you're a fan of the theme you'll be good to go.

But expect bored people to post over here for the next year or two... knowing this will keep your blood pressure under control.

#1904 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The game is pretty boring as it sits now, but then again so was Walking Dead on release. I'm confident Lyman will make game as playable as possible despite the layout and toys. Well-written rules and software should make it pretty fun.

Logic not allowed!! pretty much spot on, and agree...except...I actually enjoy the pin and am playing it quite a bit. For me, the experience of the video clips, some of the (sparse for now) callouts (heard "Holy super Jackpot Batman!!" last night), and the gameplay (yes gameplay), make for a nice game, which will only get better. This is not a flowmaster, but it has little nuances to it, that I enjoy, and am sure will get better over time.

Believe everyone is underestimating the rotisserie, as once it's coded up, and the TV becomes interactive, it's going to be quite a different story.

A guy dumps one cheap? that's happened on EVERY title...the guy had his reasons....doesn't mean the pin sucks by ant stretch.

Play it...know that new code will make a definite change for the better.....if you don't like it (or do)...who really cares?.....on to the next!!!

#1905 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Wow...cool that Stern is finally gotten into sending out pinball KITS to people
Nahh good luck with it dude. Send Stern the bill for the tech that you said you were going to have come over. Seriously.
Then you can actually give us your "informed" opinion of the thing. I don't like all the whining either as people knew what they were getting into but you waving pom poms without ever even playing a game is almost as bad at the other end of the spectrum.
Personally I don't think the game is worth the drama you're putting into it. I think it'll shape up fine and if you're a fan of the theme you'll be good to go.
But expect bored people to post over here for the next year or two... knowing this will keep your blood pressure under control.

I agree Manic. Iceman has turned this thread into a drama filled sh*t storm. He's causing more trouble around here than KPG ever thought about!

#1906 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Logic not allowed!! pretty much spot on, and agree...except...I actually enjoy the pin and am playing it quite a bit. For me, the experience of the video clips, some of the (sparse for now) callouts (heard "Holy super Jackpot Batman!!" last night), and the gameplay (yes gameplay), make for a nice game, which will only get better. This is not a flowmaster, but it has little nuances to it, that I enjoy, and am sure will get better over time.
Believe everyone is underestimating the rotisserie, as once it's coded up, and the TV becomes interactive, it's going to be quite a different story.
A guy dumps one cheap? that's happened on EVERY title...the guy had his reasons....doesn't mean the pin sucks by ant stretch.
Play it...know that new code will make a definite change for the better.....if you don't like it (or do)...who really cares?.....on to the next!!!</

I am curious to know if you think it would have been better for stern to have polished the game code more before release?

#1907 7 years ago

Dude I want to start a business like Stern! I am going to build halfway completed shit and sell it to people.. and when I demo it a convention, I'll make sure to rope it off so no one can see how shitty it works - I just want to sell pre-orders to people and tell them it will be finished 'whenever' because my rock star employee might finish it one day

#1908 7 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Wow! That's pretty shocking. If I lived nearby It would probably be in my basement several days ago.
I understand the code needs lots of work ...And there are quite a few new machines coming in the next few years but that seems like an insanely low price!

It's an insanely low price only because they sold them for 10k. Doesn't mean the market is going to support that price.

#1909 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I agree Manic. Iceman has turned this thread into a drama filled sh*t storm. He's causing more trouble around here than KPG ever thought about!

Only because you love it! Quit trying to rile me up.

Just waiting on the wiring harness and I'll have Catwoman purring soon.

Meanwhile, I'm on GB and TWD to keep me busy.

#1910 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

80 SLE's and 240 LE's.

Wow I did not know it was only 240 LE's produced!? $ 8700 and still available is a good # if you like this one!!

#1911 7 years ago

Every NIB pin here on out is going to take a dump on the after market at these prices. Good, bad, or ugly.

RZ is selling for below cost. So is AMH now.

Wait until DI starts shipping. TH, Woz, etc.....

So what, the get your money back days are over. If you actually play your pinball machines who cares?

#1912 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Every NIB pin here on out is going to take a dump on the after market at these prices. Good, bad, or ugly.
So what, the get your money back days are over. If you actually play your pinball machines who cares?

Sounds like a bubble is popping to me

#1913 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Dude you couldn't f*cking give me a RZ! I swear to God that if you said here take my RZ, you can have it..I'd tell you to stick it up your Azz. Garbage dude!!!

I'd rather have your Batman66 that isn't never going to work than a RZ. At least your Batman would look good sitting there!

#1914 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Sounds like a bubble is popping to me

It's the too high price bubble right? And a ton more of the same high priced NIBs hitting the market?

I bought LOTRLE for $5200.

#1915 7 years ago

That AFMr that's coming in five years is gonna seem like a deal at 10k!

#1916 7 years ago

Lol..bravo.

#1917 7 years ago

I cant read all 39 pages so I'm just gonna troll Ice

#1918 7 years ago

Absolutely!!!...do I like beta code? NO.....wish it was perfect, with completed code right out of the box. I guess for me, if there is something I really desire ( toys only being addressed here), the hunt/ adventure is half the fun. I really like tinkering with these things.

Buying a NIB WOZECLE was quite an adventure....just about unplayable out of the box, many bugs. But working with JJP, and experiencing the game transform into ,what I believe, still their masterpiece, was quite a fun ride. The code got insane, the bugs fixed, and a single ramp "dog" turned into a landmark pin, period. Like it or not.

BM66 has the same appeal to me. The theme is timeless. It's a little buggy, clunky, and needs code work. But it's going to be worth the effort ( for me) to stay the course with this one, as it possesses a certain character that separates it from " just another pin" . Stern has been very easy to deal with ( had an LED staying on in my topper, they made another one, as it's an LE and didn't have a spare, shipped to my door in a week). I have no reason to believe this pin will not live up to my expectations.

It's simply not as bad as many portray here in its current state, and anxious to see and play it's final form. Just me, though.

#1919 7 years ago

That's some funny shit

Quoted from PW79:I cant read all 39 pages so I'm just gonna troll Ice

#1920 7 years ago

i wonder if some of you ever play your pins?

#1921 7 years ago

Here is another impression of mine. I put $8k value of the BM66LE to just the fact that Lyman is coding the pin!!! Boom boom

#1922 7 years ago

Has Panzer itemized the BM66 toys yet?

#1923 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i wonder if some of you ever play your pins?

Indeed....or even worse.....actually work on them ( yep, last I checked, they ALL break)....I've cursed every one of mine on occasion.

Thread getting boring....Doug....get yours running, and we shall compare notes while enjoying some decent bourbon...

#1924 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Has Panzer itemized the BM66 toys yet?

Yep, the Panzer toy check for BM66 is VERY low on the value scale. I like toys but I don't inventory them on a pin like he does.

#1925 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Indeed....or even worse.....actually work on them ( yep, last I checked, they ALL break)....I've cursed every one of mine on occasion.
Thread getting boring....Doug....get yours running, and we shall compare notes while enjoying some decent bourbon...

I'm sitting here looking at Catwoman on the cab art in the man cave, drinking a brew after a long day and seminar, and yes, I can't wait to chime in on the notes.

Glass off play isn't satisfying.

#1926 7 years ago

I am enjoying my BM66LE, have had no issues so far, which would help.

Lyman signed the playfields - don't think he has done that before - I believe he will leave no stone unturned with the code.

#1927 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here is another impression of mine. I put $8k value of the BM66LE to just the fact that Lyman is coding the pin!!! Boom boom

I currently put a value on your BM66 as $0

Why?

Because the motherf*cker was dead on arrival and is still not playable! Straight up lemon from the factory.

Stern saw you defending them every 10mins here on Pinside then Gary literally squatted, and shit out a BM66LE into a box and they put a shipping label on it addressed to Iceman.

But in all honesty I'm kidding and feel bad your BM66 is dead right now. I won't point out the irony or anything like that. I'm not that kind of guy.

But it's ironic as f*ck!!

#1928 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Gary literally squatted, and shit out a BM66LE into a box and they put a shipping label on it addressed to Iceman.

1jcdhd (resized).jpg1jcdhd (resized).jpg

#1929 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I currently put a value on your BM66 as $0
Why?
Because the motherf*cker was dead on arrival and is still not playable! Straight up lemon from the factory.
Stern saw you defending them every 10mins here on Pinside then Gary literally squatted, and shit out a BM66LE into a box and they put a shipping label on it addressed to Iceman.
But in all honesty I'm kidding and feel bad your BM66 is dead right now. I won't point out the irony or anything like that. I'm not that kind of guy.
But it's ironic as f*ck!!

I have to admit, it's pretty F ing ironic. I knew you would put your negative stink on my BM66LE!

Yes it's kind of funny KPG, no need to apologize, I'm laughing myself.

I'm playing the long game though.

Like someone said, we are a bunch of grown men idiots.

#1930 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have to admit, it's pretty F ing ironic. I knew you would put your negative stink on my BM66LE!
Yes it's kind of funny KPG, no need to apologize, I'm laughing myself.
I'm playing the long game though.
Like someone said, we are a bunch of grown men idiots.

Seriously man. We're grown men arguing, debating, bitching, etc on a PINBALL forum. Haha. That's why I don't take anyone serious on here. 99.9% of people on here are probably cool as hell. I think it's just a good outlet to frequent a forum about a hobby we all enjoy, and blow off some steam here.. even at others expense. I think we've done a lot of that, and I don't care if we keep going or not because it's fun lol.

But all of us here would probably be buddies in person. That's what I love about this hobby.

So with that said... Stern if you are reading this.. fix Iceman's machine ASAP! This guy has gone to bat so much for you and then you ship him a dud? That's craziness

#1931 7 years ago

"We love iceman" Lol good stuff

#1932 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

But all of us here would probably be buddies in person.

barfly (resized).jpgbarfly (resized).jpg

#1933 7 years ago

Played this for the first time this afternoon while visiting the Seattle Pinball Museum. I really liked the game. It's every bit as campy as the original TV series, the rules weren't tough to figure out, there were lots of different shots to hit, and lots to accomplish with the game. I played it about 8 times, didn't have great scores (I think my top score was around 750 million, give or take), but it was a lot of fun. I don't think I'd lay out 9k for it, but I'd play it again given the opportunity.

#1934 7 years ago

Okay, I've been following and commenting on this thread for quite awhile and I still haven't gotten a chance to play this game, but I've got a fresh impression based on what I've read and determined that we're gonna need a new thread soon in order to make sure Pinsiders don't accidentally read any negative opinions of the game.

BM66 - What's Iceman44's Impression?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tq&tu=iceman44

P.S. - this isn't meant to be a personal attack on Iceman44, just trying to put some additional humor into the thread.

#1935 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Okay, I've been following and commenting on this thread for quite awhile and I still haven't gotten a chance to play this game, but I've got a fresh impression based on what I've read and determined that we're gonna need a new thread soon in order to make sure Pinsiders don't accidentally read any negative opinions of the game.
BM66 - What's Iceman44's Impression?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression?tq&tu=iceman44
P.S. - this isn't meant to be a personal attack on Iceman44, just trying to put some additional humor into the thread.

Screw iceman, go at him with guns a blazin!

#1936 7 years ago

Barfly..a great movie. Supposedly inspired by Bukowski's real life.

#1937 7 years ago

Kicking ass on Batman.

DSCN5267 (resized).JPGDSCN5267 (resized).JPG

#1938 7 years ago

Put some more time in on another local one. It still feels very clunky, and the turntable seemed to be having a hard time getting to where it needed to go - often, it'd rotate halfway, then stop for a couple seconds, then jerk around again. There were also a few times where I was told to hit the batphone, but the batphone wouldn't be ready to shoot, which was frustrating. I also wish the crane was a little more sensitive, you really have to bash it head-on.

It felt like there was a little more going on this time. The lower playfield still feels awkwardly empty, though, and the left ramp was being very bouncy, though no bounce-outs. I did get a nice fat airball right up onto the left plastic (over "GADGET"), which then rolled straight into the outlane.

Looking forward to further integration of the video clips. Hopefully they can get some more editing in, some clips seemed to linger.

#1939 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Put some more time in on another local one. It still feels very clunky, and the turntable seemed to be having a hard time getting to where it needed to go - often, it'd rotate halfway, then stop for a couple seconds, then jerk around again.

There's an adjustment for the turntable speed in the settings that seems to make it a little less herky jerky, but it's still pretty slow overall.

#1940 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's an adjustment for the turntable speed in the settings that seems to make it a little less herky jerky, but it's still pretty slow overall.

Anyone mess with this setting yet?

IMG_1746 (resized).JPGIMG_1746 (resized).JPG

#1941 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Anyone mess with this setting yet?

Yeah, that's the one I turned down to like 800ms.

#1942 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Put some more time in on another local one. It still feels very clunky, and the turntable seemed to be having a hard time getting to where it needed to go - often, it'd rotate halfway, then stop for a couple seconds, then jerk around again. There were also a few times where I was told to hit the batphone, but the batphone wouldn't be ready to shoot, which was frustrating. I also wish the crane was a little more sensitive, you really have to bash it head-on.

Looking forward to further integration of the video clips. Hopefully they can get some more editing in, some clips seemed to linger.

Turntable behaviour is most probably due to the early nature of the code.

As for the crane on BDK it required a good solid hit, which is a good thing imo, don't want shots registering off slings or anything plus makes the shots you do make feel far more impactful specially with a shaker installed.

#1943 7 years ago

Stern will fix the turntable

Although it may be the same way they fixed the GOT orbit

#1944 7 years ago

Actually, I would look at the table if you have that problem. Mine doesn't jerk or stop in the middle at all. It rotates for the shots and multiball etc, and I have never noticed an issue.

#1945 7 years ago

Hopefully the operator will check it out.

#1946 7 years ago

Haven't chimed in here much at this point, but you guys (WhoDey, KPG and Ice for the most part) all have me laughing my f@#'in ass off.

If I had a choice based on the two games I've played on BM66, and what comments I've read even about the SuperDuperLE, I would sooner take a DE Batman ($2k minty), BF ($3k - $3500 minty), and TDK ($4k - $5k) and have all 3 for under $11k, and still have $4k left over to play with... or burn it out in the woods like Pablo Escobar did.

I'll just keep playing this minty Batman in my line up....other than the occasional "trickling down movement" under the top left ramps once in a while, this game is fun as shit and tough to master most days...for just $3k and still holding up great since 1995 with no playfield dimpling, ghosting, chipped shooter lanes, screws floating around the playfield, incomplete code, lame shots, etc. Tons of ramps, and tons of shots to be had. "Let's start this party with a bang!!!!"

photo 4 (resized).JPGphoto 4 (resized).JPG

IMG_7972 (resized).JPGIMG_7972 (resized).JPG

#1947 7 years ago

Issy 5 (resized).jpgIssy 5 (resized).jpg

#1948 7 years ago

Sorry....was still LMFAO so I had to throw something else up.

meme 14 (resized).jpgmeme 14 (resized).jpg

#1949 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Turntable behaviour is most probably due to the early nature of the code.

No. If you look at the turntable from the underside it is clear that one of the "turns" of the turntable needs two revolutions of the motor to complete it. So it is not possible that it does not stop in the middle of one of the turns. This is by design and cannot be altered.

Quoted from Manimal:

Actually, I would look at the table if you have that problem. Mine doesn't jerk or stop in the middle at all. It rotates for the shots and multiball etc, and I have never noticed an issue.

As said above, this is not possible. It stops by design. Yours must do it also.

#1950 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Haven't chimed in here much at this point, but you guys (WhoDey, KPG and Ice for the most part) all have me laughing my f@#'in ass off.
If I had a choice based on the two games I've played on BM66, and what comments I've read even about the SuperDuperLE, I would sooner take a DE Batman ($2k minty), BF ($3k - $3500 minty), and TDK ($4k - $5k) and have all 3 for under $11k, and still have $4k left over to play with... or burn it out in the woods like Pablo Escobar did.
I'll just keep playing this minty Batman in my line up....other than the occasional "trickling down movement" under the top left ramps once in a while, this game is fun as shit and tough to master most days...for just $3k and still holding up great since 1995 with no playfield dimpling, ghosting, chipped shooter lanes, screws floating around the playfield, incomplete code, lame shots, etc. Tons of ramps, and tons of shots to be had. "Let's start this party with a bang!!!!"

I could probably be a lot funnier, but I'm holding back and being respectful toward iceman. Nothing worse than being in iceman's shoes and flushing 10,000 dollars DOWN THE TOILET and then have some azzhole like me making fun of you about it! Now KPG is a different story, he is brutal! He'll kick a man while he's down and not think twice about it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.99
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.