20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 47.
#1851 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Where the hell is the guy eating the popcorn icon at???

Popcorn (resized).jpgPopcorn (resized).jpg

#1852 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It craps all over boring, shallow, clunky and overrated 90's Bally/Williams games.

Wanna sell that I500.. I know a couple of people that would snap that P.O.S up

Quoted from cooked71:

I cant believe all you losers who missed out on buying the LE. Got no one but yourself to blame. Maybe you cant afford one - if so, get a better job.

Yer. I didn't miss out, I turned it down

#1853 7 years ago

BUMP! BM66 (bowel movement) is a polished turd

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Wanna sell that I500.. I know a couple of people that would snap that P.O.S up

Yer. I didn't miss out, I turned it down

#1854 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

BUMP! BM66 (bowel movement) is a polished turd

Oh come on now....it's not polished.

#1855 7 years ago

untitled (resized).pnguntitled (resized).png

#1856 7 years ago

I was finally able to play BM66 and I have to say I was less than impressed!! 3 games on it and I was of to a MMR. I like the looks of this game but that was it. I played a few more games hoping to get into it and I just did not happen. The game is not terrible it just did not embrace my like the other games in the same room. I will try again another day... Disipointed!!

#1857 7 years ago

Looking forward to playing it at Texas Pinball Festival. Only played it once on Dead_Flip, but I liked what I saw! This game's got a lot of potential, especially with Lyman at the controls.

#1858 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I was finally able to play BM66 and I have to say I was less than impressed!! 3 games on it and I was of to a MMR. I like the looks of this game but that was it. I played a few more games hoping to get into it and I just did not happen. The game is not terrible it just did not embrace my like the other games in the same room. I will try again another day... Disipointed!!

Multiball and the multipliers (which do not seem to be capped) are the main interest currently.

#1859 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

funny how none of the rich guys are jumping on the le's that are for sale in the market. i thought the pin was so great.

Most of them saw through the Stern LE marketing spiel for what it was years ago.

Anyone who chooses to reward mediocrity should expect to get more of the same.

#1860 7 years ago

le for sale 8700 obo. weren't these 10k new???

#1861 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

le for sale 8700 obo. weren't these 10k new???

yes

#1862 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh come on now....it's not polished.

All pinsiders should already know...
You can't polish a turd you can only bedazzle it with glitter!
Actually ,I'm looking forward to playing the game once the code evolves but am concerned the ringing of the bat phone will be as annoying as the phone ring on Dialed in.

#1863 7 years ago

Obviously not an LE. it's been listed for 5 days.

#1864 7 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Actually ,I'm looking forward to playing the game once the code evolves but am concerned the ringing of the bat phone will be as annoying as the phone ring on Dialed in.

BM66's Batphone beeping is more annoying than Dialed In's ringing, which itself is more annoying than WhoDunnit's phone ringing.

Rescue 911 got it right: "Don't call us, we'll call you."

#1865 7 years ago

It is an LE.

Bump for a great price.

#1866 7 years ago

Number 69 too. How has that not sold?

#1867 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

It is an LE.
Bump for a great price.

Wow! That's pretty shocking. If I lived nearby It would probably be in my basement several days ago.
I understand the code needs lots of work ...And there are quite a few new machines coming in the next few years but that seems like an insanely low price!

#1868 7 years ago

Wow! That's pretty shocking. If I lived nearby It would probably be in my basement several days ago.
I understand the code needs lots of work ...And there are quite a few new machines coming in the next few years but that seems like an insanely low price!

An insanely list price to begin with imho. If there were a hot market for these it would have been gone on day 1.

#1869 7 years ago

people spend 7-10 k on a pin and worry about 400 shipping. heck 80 percent of my machines have been shipped. not a game changer for a grail pin or arcade.

#1870 7 years ago

Market post:

IMG_8362.PNGIMG_8362.PNG

#1871 7 years ago

if it was the bat shark repellant id be all over it!

#1872 7 years ago

Disclaimer: I own a LE since last monday. I did not expect very much from it, seeing that the software is so bare, but boy what a letdown. The rotating toy is not much more than a few targets that get rotated to: a few targets. When the LCD screen is visible it mainly show the Batman logo and when it shows something else it turns away ! Note to Stern: a display should be visible ALWAYS.

I played three games now and the last I did not finish even. Never happened. I really do not see how any software is going to make this pin any good. Shots are just not there and the shots that are there rattle and roll more than anything.

I needed to stop the last game because there was a screw flying over the playfield. Good QC as we know. For the rest the machine is running fine with no problems whatsoever.

I am truly amazed how they could promote this so much with a straight face and seemingly enthousiastic. I will wait for some updates, but in my opinion this one will be for sale soon.

I decided to make this post because most owners that say something are very positive. Just wanted to give my honest opinion on the game as it is with software v0.68. My wife also tried it and she did not even finish her game. Only comment she had: boring.

edit: just was talking with my wife, she finds Whoa Nellie better

#1873 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

people spend 7-10 k on a pin and worry about 400 shipping. heck 80 percent of my machines have been shipped. not a game changer for a grail pin or arcade.

Sorry but it is always a gamble!
I personally could care less about the cost of the shipping. It's the risk of damage that's most concerning. I'm lucky enough that Michelle b who I've used for many years uses a local moving company who happens to be a buddy of mine from high school for the final part of the del. to my home. In the 6 times I've had games shipped one came with a bent rear leg.I was lucky as it was a fully restored game and that's minor. The other was crated in fullplywood box on a pallet and forklift speared thru the side of the crate/ body of the game.

#1874 7 years ago

Sorry but it is always a gamble!
I personally could care less about the cost of the shipping. It's the risk of damage that's most concerning. I'm lucky enough that Michelle b who I've used for many years uses a local moving company who happens to be a buddy of mine from high school for the final part of the del. to my home. In the 6 times I've had games shipped one came with a bent rear leg.I was lucky as it was a fully restored game and that's minor. The other was crated in fullplywood box on a pallet and forklift speared thru the side of the crate/ body of the game.

I have shipped over 150 games and luckily the worst was a couple games got scuffed on the bottom. but I understand this better now, great point.

#1875 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I have shipped over 150 games and luckily the worst was a couple games got scuffed on the bottom. but I understand this better now, great point.

You seem to have been very lucky!
I guess I have not been!

#1876 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I played three games now and the last I did not finish even. Never happened. I really do not see how any software is going to make this pin any good. Shots are just not there and the shots that are there rattle and roll more than anything.

DEFINITELY move the pad on the left ramp to the inside on the left side. Fixes the rattling, dead shots on the left orbit, making it shoot normally.

#1877 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

DEFINITELY move the pad on the left ramp to the inside on the left side. Fixes the rattling, dead shots on the left orbit, making it shoot normally.

I read this beforehand but strange enough that ramp is not rattling at all. Problems are more: airbals from the targets on the rotating toy, rattling when shooting in the rotating toy, screws that come loose (was from the left ramp, the CAT sign). Ball that gets stuck under the platic of the left ramp etc. It just feels very bad designed all around.

#1878 7 years ago

That wasn't the question.

#1879 7 years ago

Man! I must have the only Batman that works perfect. $20k by x-mas!

#1880 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

When the LCD screen is visible it mainly show the Batman logo and when it shows something else it turns away ! Note to Stern: a display should be visible ALWAYS.

I think the intent with the mini TV LCD on the turntable is that when you enable a minor villain (freeze, egghead, bookworm, tut, shame, or mad hatter) then the TV faces forward and plays clips/taunts from that villain. If you look at pinball browser you can see a lot of the minor clips in there already. So it will hopefully do more than it does now with later code.

I like the variety of shots you get with the 3 positions. You are still shooting into the same area but it still adds more variety then if it didn't rotate at all. There's only so much you can do in that amount of space. I think they did the best with the space available.

I also agree the game is definitely more boring with the current 0.68 code state than other recent Sterns with deeper code. That should change as code progresses.

#1881 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

That wasn't the question.

I meant to quote the post you responded to ,not your answer to that post.
Sorry
On that note did anyone get better pricing than $9995 without being specific as To who the dist. Their LE was purchased from?

#1882 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I like the variety of shots you get with the 3 positions. You are still shooting into the same area but it still adds more variety then if it didn't rotate at all. There's only so much you can do in that amount of space. I think they did the best with the space available.

I disagree. 2 faces are just targets, and the other face is a left turn(?) that rarely works.

I gotta say that, at least at this point in development, Gilligan's Island does the turntable toy better than BM66. It sends the ball to various destinations instead of just clunk/roll back, and it's neat how it's constantly turning for new return paths during KONA mode.

#1883 7 years ago

Sorry
On that note did anyone get better pricing than $9995 without being specific as To who the dist. Their LE was purchased from?

Here's one that was listed for $9,750 and the seller said "I am selling it for exactly what I paid for it.", so some did get a better price than $9,995.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-batman-66-le-3

#1884 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I gotta say that, at least at this point in development, Gilligan's Island does the turntable toy better than BM66. It sends the ball to various destinations instead of just clunk/roll back, and it's neat how it's constantly turning for new return paths during KONA mode.

Gilligan's Island looks like TZ next to BM66 as far as the actual playfield goes.

#1885 7 years ago

Sorry

No problem. I haven't heard of any but I would suspect not. Stern has done it's best to keep distros in line with pricing and with the slim margins for distros I don't think there is much they can do and still maintain some sort of profit.

#1886 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Gilligan's Island looks like TZ next to BM66 as far as the actual playfield goes.

Shot are just as exciting as well.

#1887 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Man! I must have the only Batman that works perfect. $20k by x-mas!

No you are just hearing from the whiners and complainers in the extreme minority

You know, the impatient crew that expected a fully coded game from day one

Everybody else is having a blast with pin

#1888 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No you are just hearing from the whiners and complainers in the extreme minority

I have had no issues with my BM66LE. Fun game. and will only get better once Lyman finishes the code.

#1889 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Cargument: Lexus says it's releasing a brand new car. You see a picture of it in prototype stage. What do you do? Do cut Lexus a check for $55K and ask to have it delivered? No. You wait for it to be sent to a dealer... then you go test drive it. You kick the tires...see how the seat feels... look at trunk space. If you like, then you pay.

We could throw Carguments around all day long. But, some cars, like pinball are more luxury items than necessities. Everyone needs to get around. The majority of people, I'd think, choose to have a car to get around. Not everyone needs a $100k+ car. There are plenty of people that buy cars like NIB Pinball machines. They see that a new release is happening and put in a custom order without ever touching the real thing. Not my style, but people do it every day.

the difference between cars and pinball machines is that car regulation actually exists.

#1890 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've seen various studies that show results like "unhappy customers will tell 10 to 24 people about their negative experience" or "95% of customers who have a negative experience will share it with other consumers". The same studies show happy customers tell about three people.

Problems are definitely happening. Problems that should never have happened to begin with. But I still think these are important things to keep in mind. Unhappy people are much louder, so it's common to see more negative comments. Happy people are busy playing their games probably.

#1891 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I've seen various studies that show results like "unhappy customers will tell 10 to 24 people about their negative experience" or "95% of customers who have a negative experience will share it with other consumers". The same studies show happy customers tell about three people.
Problems are definitely happening. Problems that should never have happened to begin with. But I still think these are important things to keep in mind. Unhappy people are much louder, so it's common to see more negative comments. Happy people are busy playing their games probably.

I think just the opposite is true here. It looks people seem affraid to lose some money on their machine by saying it is not what it is hyped up to be. I cannot believe there are people really happy with the BM as it stands now. Just way to barebones especcially for the price paid.

And I am not being unhappy about the machine. It works fine, no mechanical problems except for the design If it can be helped with doing modifications myself that stays true: bad design and/or bad execution.

#1892 7 years ago

More pinball machines should come with cards relating to the theme.

#1893 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I think just the opposite is true here. It looks people seem affraid to lose some money on their machine by saying it is not what it is hyped up to be. I cannot believe there are people really happy with the BM as it stands now. Just way to barebones especcially for the price paid.
And I am not being unhappy about the machine. It works fine, no mechanical problems except for the design If it can be helped with doing modifications myself that stays true: bad design and/or bad execution.

You just can't believe that somebody else can disagree with you and have another opinion?

That's funny

#1894 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Here's one that was listed for $9,750 and the seller said "I am selling it for exactly what I paid for it.", so some did get a better price than $9,995.

Thanks doc,I remember seeing that one. I still can't believe the one listed at $8700 hasn't sold. There were 80 sle's correct and how many le's?

#1895 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And some seem to have forgotten what this pin was all about in the first place.

tumblr_naf5qd04o01tijkw9o6_1280 (resized).jpgtumblr_naf5qd04o01tijkw9o6_1280 (resized).jpg

#1896 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You just can't believe that somebody else can disagree with you and have another opinion?
That's funny

No, i am perfectly fine with that. I just do not believe that the BM66 as it is right now makes anybody very happy. Let me put it this way: if you would know that no updates were coming, would you than be happy with the machine ?

btw: does your BM66LE work already, or still waiting for parts ?

#1897 7 years ago

The game is pretty boring as it sits now, but then again so was Walking Dead on release. I'm confident Lyman will make game as playable as possible despite the layout and toys. Well-written rules and software should make it pretty fun.

#1898 7 years ago

It's probably a distant memory now how crappy Metallica was on release with it's malfunctioning hammer magnet... and code that wasn't much better than this ones.

#1899 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The game is pretty boring as it sits now, but then again so was Walking Dead on release. I'm confident Lyman will make game as playable as possible despite the layout and toys. Well-written rules and software should make it pretty fun.

Finally a comment with some intelligent thought put behind it. iceman44 you have it spot on way too many whiners in this thread continually ragging on this game over and over again, the release was brought forward almost 4-6months and switched up with Aerosmith.

Lyman is a coding wizard but what where people expecting him to be able to do? Finish coding spike 2 and then with at a guess a few weeks/months notice (sure he was last too know, from his frustration on the deadflip stream) the release of BM66 being switched up and brought forward code that to completion simultaneously??

At present impressions good or bad are just that, but I don't see how anyone can declare it the greatest game (which I don't think anyone has) or declare it a turd and write it off with beta code, it's at 0.68 people! This is TWD all over again

#1900 7 years ago

My guess is Lyman plays the game, and writes code as he goes. If it's not good enough for him, he's not done. And it won't be done until he is satisfied. That seems to be the way it goes with everything he works on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.