20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 47.
#1801 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's better contained here. Opinions evolve over time with more play. It's better to get those feelings lumped together here than in the club threads where people are generally discussing the game deeper than "it sucks" or "it's the best."
I get the fatigue, but as long as people feel that they have something to say or argue about a game, these non-club threads will be filled with back and forth. Often those back and forth discussions get circular. Just nature of online discussion. As long as the club threads remain relatively civil, expect this to be the dumping ground.

I understand now. When in Rome....

B66 is freakin awesome. By far the best looking, sounding, and theme integrated game I own. It craps all over boring, shallow, clunky and overrated 90's Bally/Williams games. Makes WOZ and Hobbit seem like floaty widebody snoozefests. Spooky games are just cheap. TWD has the worst art and sound package of any game Stern has recently released, and I spent more time tweaking it out of the out of the box than the entire time it took to make the game. And dont get me started about GOT - I literally cant believe anyone got sucked into buying that baron, boring and ugly excuse for game. I own and have owned all these games, so I know.

I cant believe all you losers who missed out on buying the LE. Got no one but yourself to blame. Maybe you cant afford one - if so, get a better job.

#1802 7 years ago

There we go. Now you get it.

#1803 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

B66 is freakin awesome.

Pretty much. I'm not sure what else to expect from a state of the art pinball machine. It's got just the right amount of stuff without being clustered full of junk. And plenty of charm to go with it. I'm guessing once code matures there will be plenty of demand for this table.

I like a game with plenty of long shots and this one fits the bill.

#1804 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Yup. Was it the ones under the slings?? I think they're a little too close to the rubber. The ball is snapping the tops off.

One off the left sling at the top, the other off the right outlane guide...so far.

#1805 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was one of those second thought moments. I had just picked it up and realized I was at max capacity and it was a lot of money to have tied up in one machine even though just a premium.
But after realizing I got a good one without any of the problems others are having and it getting more play than a lot of my other games, I decided to let it ride and see where the code takes us. No regrets as I love the music and the video shots of old Gotham City with all the old cars are classic. Fun game to shoot too.
It was a pretty big hit at yesterday's football party as well. Can't argue with that.

Right on man ! Glad you are enjoying it and got a good one!

#1806 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Right on man ! Glad you are enjoying it and got a good one!

Thanks! I always get a little nervous about big purchases as I'm not really made of money. But if I own it long enough and play it enough, I'll feel I got money's worth even if I have to sell it at a slight loss later on. No big deal. So far it's getting lots of play. It's pretty darn cool.

The music is what sold me on it, and I haven't found any other recent machine with as good a soundtrack as this one has, and I'm sure there will be more tunes implemented as code develops.

#1807 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I cant believe all you losers who missed out on buying the LE. Got no one but yourself to blame. Maybe you cant afford one - if so, get a better job.

Man, I can't stand attitudes like this. "Can't afford one" "get a better job" etc.

That's not what this hobby is about.

Get off your soap box, rich guy. This site is about discussing pins and debating if they are fun or not, shitty, or great.

Like Iceman, and some others, we might have our disagreements with certain subjects.

But to come out and start talking about what people can afford and not afford, and about the jobs they do to be a part of this hobby?

Seriously, that's some bullshit post you made... GTFO with that attitude seriously.

Every single person I've met here on Pinside has been awesome people, very down to earth chill dudes who love playing pinball. I know none of them would spout that garbage.. u make people in this hobby look bad.

#1808 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

B66 is freakin awesome. By far the best looking, sounding, and theme integrated game I own. It craps all over boring, shallow, clunky and overrated 90's Bally/Williams games. Makes WOZ and Hobbit seem like floaty widebody snoozefests. Spooky games are just cheap. TWD has the worst art and sound package of any game Stern has recently released, and I spent more time tweaking it out of the out of the box than the entire time it took to make the game. And dont get me started about GOT - I literally cant believe anyone got sucked into buying that baron, boring and ugly excuse for game. I own and have owned all these games, so I know.

At the moment TWD walks all over Batman 66. Why? Because the code is genius.

Batman is ok but nothing special.

As ever it is down to Lyman. If he codes it as well as he did TWD then I will add it to my want list.

But Stern don't seem to be letting their programmers have as much time on code this last year or so, so I will wait until the code is done and released!

#1809 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Man, I can't stand attitudes like this. "Can't afford one" "get a better job" etc.
That's not what this hobby is about.
Get off your soap box, rich guy. This site is about discussing pins and debating if they are fun or not, shitty, or great.
Like Iceman, and some others, we might have our disagreements with certain subjects.
But to come out and start talking about what people can afford and not afford, and about the jobs they do to be a part of this hobby?
Seriously, that's some bullshit post you made... GTFO with that attitude seriously.
Every single person I've met here on Pinside has been awesome people, very down to earth chill dudes who love playing pinball. I know none of them would spout that garbage.. u make people in this hobby look bad.

Come on KPG, it's a joke. Was a tongue in cheek jab at the crap that goes on in this thread (and others like it) and none of the comments in my post are any worse than other posts made in reference to B66 and why people bought it. I could go through and quote them all but I couldnt be f*d.

Lets not talk about rich guys.

#1810 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So should we just call them Richard, instead?

#1811 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Glad to hear that, seriously. 9 months ago you stated

'As for employment, I own a consulting company and have 46 employees as of today, with an almost $300,000 monthly payroll that I pay out. I'm fine'

and I felt the same way you feel now. So, cheers to you!

#1812 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Come on KPG, it's a joke. Was a tongue in cheek jab at the crap that goes on in this thread (and others like it) and none of the comments in my post are any worse than other posts made in reference to B66 and why people bought it. I could go through and quote them all but I couldnt be f*d.

Ok, glad to hear that - I was like.. dude.. really !?!? haha

#1813 7 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

'As for employment, I own a consulting company and have 46 employees as of today, with an almost $300,000 monthly payroll that I pay out. I'm fine'

Don't take that out of context - that was probably a post regarding how businesses are ran. Nothing about me bragging about what I make or being condescending to others about my situation. Don't even know why you brought that into this thread to be honest, and how you remembered that was 9 months ago. Kind of weird.

#1814 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I really hope you aren't serious.

#1815 7 years ago

funny how none of the rich guys are jumping on the le's that are for sale in the market. i thought the pin was so great.

#1816 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

funny how none of the rich guys are jumping on the le's that are for sale in the market.

I don't see that BBB or some of the other higher end games for sale flying off the shelf right now either. Glad I got a premium as I really don't need all that other stuff that has nothing to do with gameplay. Don't need any of it.

#1817 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

C'mon, dude. It's not the club thread. This is for impressions and opinions on a wider scale. It's not like you aren't running your trap all over the Dialed In threads. I've seen you call people hypocrites. Careful now...

It's different when it's hammered over and over again by the same people. I mean whatever floats your boat AND

It's another thing to say hey dude, my IMPRESSION is your house sucks, why do you buy your clothes from Wal Mart, your car is a worthless POS and you are F ing ugly

In other words, just being a dick about the IMPRESSION over and over. Despite how wrong or stupid it is

#1818 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's different when it's hammered over and over again by the same people. I mean whatever floats your boat AND
It's another thing to say hey dude, my IMPRESSION is your house sucks, why do you buy your clothes from Wal Mart, your car is a worthless POS and you are F ing ugly
In other words, just being a dick about the IMPRESSION over and over. Despite how wrong or stupid it is

I think the problem with Pinside is people take others opinions and impressions of a particular game to heart. It's as if its their personal creation they made themselves. It could be because pins are pretty expensive, and I get that- just as if someone said they didn't like someones car or motorcycle or whatever.

But honestly I seriously could care less if people don't like the games I own. I just don't get what the fuss is here. Who cares? If someone says they dont like MET, TWD, MM, TZ, GB, or MB I won't get my panties in an uproar. That's fine- we all have different preferences and flavors. We all have our reasons for not wanting or caring for a particular pin.

Iceman, you just need to relax and not care what other people think about the pins you buy. I am sure you have your opinions about the ones I own.. I don't care.

Your analogy about talking shit about homes, clothes, cars, and looks is just totally wrong- if you get your feels hurt from an opinion about a PINBALL MACHINE you need to get a damn life, seriously.

#1819 7 years ago

Trust me Kpg. I agree with some of what you are saying but I'm plenty relaxed and don't care what you or anybody else thinks

When you act like a dick and say your pin is a Wal mart pos it obviously affects you a whole lot more to say something so stupid. Just anger and hate.

I think it's you that needs to chill out and get over your hard on for Stern and everything about it

You want to comment, I'll counter it. That's it

#1820 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think the problem with Pinside is people take others opinions and impressions of a particular game to heart. It's as if its their personal creation they made themselves. It could be because pins are pretty expensive, and I get that- just as if someone said they didn't like someones car or motorcycle or whatever.
But honestly I seriously could care less if people don't like the games I own. I just don't get what the fuss is here. Who cares? If someone says they dont like MET, TWD, MM, TZ, GB, or MB I won't get my panties in an uproar. That's fine- we all have different preferences and flavors. We all have our reasons for not wanting or caring for a particular pin.
Iceman, you just need to relax and not care what other people think about the pins you buy. I am sure you have your opinions about the ones I own.. I don't care.
Your analogy about talking shit about homes, clothes, cars, and looks is just totally wrong- if you get your feels hurt from an opinion about a PINBALL MACHINE you need to get a damn life, seriously.

Lol, you and iceman bickering is a big reason why I check in here everyday! Good stuff.....

#1821 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't see that BBB or some of the other higher end games for sale flying off the shelf right now either. Glad I got a premium as I really don't need all that other stuff that has nothing to do with gameplay. Don't need any of it.

You know why? Because it's just a bunch of Wal Mart shit that isn't worth squat. All those relic games blow.

How do like that impression?

You got royally F Ed on that 12.5k MB Kpg. Half ass coded piece of garbage

#1822 7 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Curious what does everyone do for a living? Or to afford this crazy hobby?

#1823 7 years ago

My 18 year old daughter who is a darn good pinball player came up a week ago and played Batman. She doesn't really care much for the newer games but couldn't stop pressing the start button. I told her she used to watch the show with me when she was little but she didn't really remember it. But she thinks this machine is cool as cool gets. And I agree.

#1824 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You know why? Because it's just a bunch of Wal Mart shit that isn't worth squat. All those relic games blow.

Hahah! Dude. I'm not offended. It's probably the nicest MB anyone has ever seen. It's a masterpiece.

Don't take my word for it - ask RobT! I bought it from him. No doubt even you would appreciate it. Used the money that would have probably gone to Aerosmith.

IMG_3857 (resized).JPGIMG_3857 (resized).JPG

#1825 7 years ago

It has a credit dot. Stern games do not have the dot

#1826 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Haha...awesome!!! Let him have it iceman!

#1827 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Hahah! Dude. I'm not offended. It's probably the nicest MB anyone has ever seen. It's a masterpiece.
Don't take my word for it - ask RobT! I bought it from him. No doubt even you would appreciate it. Used the money that would have probably gone to Aerosmith.

That is a beauty KPG! Anybody would be proud to own that machine for sure!

#1828 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That is a beauty KPG! Anybody would be proud to own that machine for sure!

It really is a fun fun pin with great theme and lyman code.

#1829 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Probably one of the eddy boards for the phantom flip malfunctioning....reason for credit dot. Its usually just a lose wire in my experience from owning one

#1830 7 years ago

Wtf, I thought Rob was never gonna get rid of that MB!

It's great eye candy for sure and actually MB of my favorite classics. I've got a gorgeous restored WH20 from Mike D and had a chance to buy his restored MB a while back. I should have.

#1831 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Everything has a price lol....

#1832 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My 18 year old daughter who is a darn good pinball player came up a week ago and played Batman. She doesn't really care much for the newer games but couldn't stop pressing the start button. I told her she used to watch the show with me when she was little but she didn't really remember it. But she thinks this machine is cool as cool gets. And I agree.

THAT, is priceless right there!!! Super excited that you found a title which connects like that....I find it quite fun as well...knowing it's only going to improve is very, very cool!!!

#1833 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hope he's not thinking about trying to buy my Batman just yet.

#1834 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I hope he's not thinking about trying to buy my Batman just yet.

I'm thinking its a keeper for you Odin. Especially if your 18 yr old really likes it! Rob is gonna try and scoop it up when the code is done, don't let him.

#1835 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking its a keeper for you Odin. Especially if your 18 yr old really likes it! Rob is gonna try and scoop it up when the code is done, don't let him.

I'm thinking you might be right. I traded my Ripley's in on it and as good a game as that was, this one is way more fun to play. And the music won't drive me to selling it like METLE did.

I get to be one of the cool kids now and ride the Lyman Sheats update train!

#1836 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Has anyone else had problems with the GI lights falling apart? I've had two clear domes come off the GI lighting and get loose on the playfield. First time this has ever happened on a Stern I can remember.

Not new... seen it all the way back at AC/DC. The LED domes can pop off many different aftermarket ones at times too.

#1837 7 years ago

Funny, I had considered offering RobbieT my Batman if I was to end up with his Monster Bash as part of the deal. Well, I guess it's too late for that now!

#1838 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Funny I had considered offering RobbieT my Batman if was to end up with his Monster Bash as part of the deal. Well, I guess it's too late for that now!

Sorry brother !!! You are welcome to come play it some time ! I'll have u guys over sometime

#1839 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Probably one of the eddy boards for the phantom flip malfunctioning....reason for credit dot. Its usually just a lose wire in my experience from owning one

It's actually an issue with the optos for the Drac track - had to order a cheap opto board that I'll replace.. no biggie at all.. minor issue and easy fix, considering how mint it is!

#1840 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Sorry brother !!! You are welcome to come play it some time ! I'll have u guys over sometime

Thanks! That sounds pretty cool. So what, did Rob end up with your GB?

#1841 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's great eye candy for sure and actually MB of my favorite classics. I've got a gorgeous restored WH20 from Mike D and had a chance to buy his restored MB a while back. I should have.

Dude he told me a bit about it one day when he was over at my house and I couldn't picture it.. then I saw the video of it and had to talk him into selling it to me. I'll be honest it took a bit of convincing him to let me buy it.. but it's the nicest pin I've seen in person and it's a lot of fun. Whole family enjoys it. Simple Lyman rules that don't need to be deep and complex to be a bunch of fun.

In all honesty, I may have ended up with a BM66 of Stern's quality wasn't so bad and they didn't pull this crap with my GB playfield. I know Lyman is going to take that basic layout and make it a lot of fun over time. I just couldn't give Stern another dollar of my money. But it's a great looking game that's for sure. I just hope Stern gets their shit back together sooner than later.

#1842 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks! That sounds pretty cool. So what, did Rob end up with your GB?

I told him he could have it for free and he told me he didn't have any room for more junk

#1843 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I told him he could have it for free and he told me he didn't have any room for more junk

lol! He thinks he's making room for my BSD. He better find an alternative plan.

#1844 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'll take it off your hands ... and I'll even pay you to drop it off at my freight depot in gardena!

Kiwi Pinheads thank you in advance for your generosity!

rd

#1845 7 years ago

Played a BM66 Premium on location earlier tonight ( http://www.arcadelegacyohio.com/bar-edition/ )

Game seemed fully functional, not sure what version of code but I expect it's most recent. Played three times, got a billion and change on the 3rd game, left the credit as I'd exhausted everything the game had by then.

The good:

Software should flesh out nicely with the four main villain features plus all the TV baddies. Main villain modes seemed pretty fleshed out, but the TV modes didn't seem to do anything yet. Shots flowed pretty nicely - ramps were smooth; the left orbit is a bit of a rattler but it usually made it up to the saucer. Game was bright and easy to see the ball, flippers felt fine. TV animations were nice for the most part.

The not so good:

Software is early. I have no doubt Lyman will fix it but right now it's very shallow.

Airballs galore. Hitting a super skillshot on the fly resulted in a ball that launched in, then out of the right orbit and banged around the back of the cab like a craps roll. Landed between turntable and ramp, when turntable moved on ballsearch, it freed a lock and fun with bonus ensued when one of the two balls drained. Airball over flippers, airball rolling down left plastics into outlane. Shots to left ramp derail into the upper lanes...

Turntable is, unfortunately, pretty lackluster. Shots just thunk off the targets and roll back, and the Batmobile toy is unsatisfying. Shots to/through it either just die and dribble back, or hook left and dribble down the orbit. Hard to make out any details, turntable needs more lighting. Wish there was more there than standups and Tesseract clone. No flow on any shots to it.

"Let's" multiball lock rules are odd - kill villain and locks disappear? Grab 'em while they're hot I guess. Brass section gets REAL old after first minute or so. By third multiball was wanting to stuff socks in those horns. "Multiball volume increase" feature exacerbates problem. No multiball for the crane yet, or at least I didn't find it. I guess you can stack "Let's" multiball with Penguin, but so far the crane is better on BDK.

Left orbit geometry is messed up - shot is makeable but hits at an angle that rattles almost every time. Moving the pad works I guess but messes up the ramp shot a bit.

Overall I'm not very impressed. Lyman will make the rules nice, and it looks like some of the faults can be rectified, but I don't think the turntable carries its weight as the primo (only?) toy, and the whole game seemed pretty pedestrian.

#1846 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It really is a fun fun pin with great theme and lyman code.

Wolfman agrees!

IMG_1902 (resized).JPGIMG_1902 (resized).JPG

#1847 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Well I gues they don't get the Aussie humour. By the way what did you smoke at lunch.

#1848 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Turntable is, unfortunately, pretty lackluster. Shots just thunk off the targets and roll back, and the Batmobile toy is unsatisfying. Shots to/through it either just die and dribble back, or hook left and dribble down the orbit. Hard to make out any details, turntable needs more lighting. Wish there was more there than standups and Tesseract clone. No flow on any shots to it.

I noticed the lack of lighting as well, the phone and villain vision targets are both totally in the dark and it can be hard to tell what exactly you're meant to be shooting for. Turnaround shots felt kind of arbitrary for this reason - the ball goes up, clunks into something I can't see, and then rolls back from one place or another. It feels kind of disorganized without directional cues.

#1849 7 years ago

I'm wondering what the TNT Amusements crew's impression of this game is... Will it be worthy of repair, or more suited for the roof toss?

#1850 7 years ago

I think lighting it on fire is the most likely fate if decided by TNT

Quoted from sevenrites:

I'm wondering what the TNT Amusements crew's impression of this game is... Will it be worthy of repair, or more suited for the roof toss?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression/page/37?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.