20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 47.
#1701 7 years ago

Saying what im thinking usually gets me in the shit on here but anyway here goes:

Entirely looking from a precedence standpoint (past 12-18 months) with our friends at Stern, the day anyone pulled the trigger on a b66 is the day they gave up their right to complain about this over priced POS. The alarm bells were ringing loud and clear for everyone to hear.

#1702 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They kind of got boned by the attempt to get the game out at the movie's release date. WB wouldn't give them any Two-Face stuff as that was supposed to
be a big surprise. They also didn't get any Maggie Gyllenhaal clips. I had the game and never knew when I had started/completed a Harvey Dent or Rachel mode...it just happened without really realizing it.

I had the same issues with mine, that was due to the poor sound package and not being able to tell which sound alike was supposed to be who. The Alfred (Michael Caine) sound a like still gives me nightmares

BDK had a lot of things against it, bad playfield features/toys, terrible sound package and initial code was crap, but the final code was pretty good and some time in pinball browser could be a game changer for any current owners.

#1703 7 years ago

Played BM66LE and a SMVE tonight. The SMVE was the superior VE. BM felt cheap and was hardly any fun. I kept dropping quarters into the SM, left the BM alone for the rest of the night

#1704 7 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Played BMLE and a SMVE tonight. The SMVE was the superior VE. BM felt cheap and was hardly any fun. I kept dropping quarters into the SM, left the BM alone for the rest of the night

#1705 7 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Played BM66LE and a SMVE tonight. The SMVE was the superior VE. BM felt cheap and was hardly any fun. I kept dropping quarters into the SM, left the BM alone for the rest of the night

Didn't we hear the same old stuff on repeat with TWD?

Firstly BM66 is not a VE and once the code is out of beta maybe go back and give BM66 another shot, at the moment the code is not doing the game any facours, Stern pushed up the release date, switching release dates with Aerosmith.

While the code is like this no one can get a true feel for the finished game, it's the same situation as TWD & MET and Lyman turned them into classics, BM66 is hopefully going to get the same treatment.

#1706 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You are so fully of shit, you need to wipe your eyes with toilet paper.
I went MONTHS without saying anything, and praised Gary for calling me. I was silent here for many months without raising hell. It's only when I was getting ignored about my PF request after almost 6 months did I start up again about it.
Also, unbelievable - as much as I want to say "I told you so" to Iceman about his BM66LE, it's pathetic his machine is unplayable right now. Seriously how fuckin sorry is that a product that costs that much is having that many problems. The ironic part is that Iceman himself got a dud. Sure, he's fine with it now- imagine waiting 6 months to make it right!
Total garbage from Stern, yet again. Which is why I'll never buy a NIB from them anymore and I'm not alone.

LOL. I'm just the messenger, so shoot the messenger. I love that Pinside doesn't allow edits on old posts any more. Rock on KPG. I give you a 10 out of 10 on the train wreck rating. A true and total drama queen.

Before Gary/Stern - a few of many posts

Quoted from kpg:

As the poll says- have you either cancelled or changed your mind about purchasing a NIB Stern pinball machine due to recent playfield quality issues with ghosted inserts?
Has Stern's lack of public acknowledgment factored into your decision, possibly due to loss of confidence in their products?
Disclaimer: I am a recipient of a GB LE machine with ghosted inserts that is worsening by the day, and Stern has yet to reply or acknowledge my complaint to either myself or my distributor after several days of letting them know.

Quoted from kpg:

The poll results are pretty staggering.
Stern, do what's right- make a statement about this and give customers confidence in your products. You are busy promoting a $6400 EM beer themed machine, and ignoring the customers who have already spent their hard earned money on defective machines. Speak up - it's clearly affecting sales of your machines.
It will only get worse the longer you remain silent.

Quoted from kpg:

You made the right choice. My Hobbit LE is 2x better built then my GB LE, and feels every bit of what an $8K+ pinball machine should be. It doesn't even have ghosted inserts- can you believe it?

Quoted from kpg:

c'mon mang
Lighten up a bit here.
Have a beer, smoke a cigar, and relax.
I've done everything you mentioned, including sending emails and pictures directly to Gary, Patrick Powers, and John Buscaglia at Stern. Actually, two separate emails - one over the weekend, and one this morning. Both emails respectfully requested a reply and some word of confidence I'll get my issues resolved. I even said I don't need to have it immediately happen, just some sort of note they have my back, as a customer.
Guess what?
Silence.
Totally shitty situation, but what can I do here at this point.
Trent said he spoke to John Buscaglia today about problems with people's games and didn't give any specific information. He said he would try and get him to call me at some point to discuss.
Kind of thinking their remedy at this point is to see if it can blow over until next pin announcement... which I hope isn't the case. Hopefully customers will vote with their wallets next time around and change their tune.

Quoted from kpg:

#FixMyPlayfield
Stern says contact distributor
Distributor contacts Stern and says they don't reply
#NoMoreSternNIB

'
'
'
Around the same time as Gary/Stern contact

Quoted from kpg:

GOOD NEWS! Gary has offered to give me two complimentary tickets to the Epic 30th Anniversary Bash, along with a meet and greet w/ photo op with Mindy the monkey!
Joking aside, I just got off the phone w/ Gary. Very nice guy, I have never met or spoke with him before. Going off the top of my head, i'll try to remember everything we discussed.
Gary said he isn't ignoring any of these issues, and has been 'following along' with the complaints online including my emails and other messages (I would assume this thread).
He said Stern is well aware of the issues, and although ghosting does happen with pinball, he acknowledged there is definitely a lot more happening with Ghostbusters. He did comment that every design is different, and that some games have more airballs then others. Perhaps that is something being discussed at Stern, because as we know airballs are violent on GB, especially the LE models.
Gary said they are currently "working on a program" that will work with dealers that will work to remedy these problems. These issues will be handled through the dealers via this program. He said Trent as a dealer will be provided with the details soon and he will work with me on getting this resolved.
I asked if it was cool to share these details and he didn't say no.. but he did say for us to be patient, and that these problems will be resolved- but it would be more efficient to have a program with dealers then everyone going direct at this point, so thats brewing in the background.
He gave me his personal cell phone and call him directly if I have any issues at any point with resolving the problem with the machine during this process.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious?tu=kpg#post-3296023 Gotta see the picture details
'
'
'
Not that long after Gary/Stern contact

Quoted from kpg:

Ok, another update... back to being pissed off at the situation
So, Trent gets back to me about this "Program".
This program is.. let's see.. if I can put this lightly... lame as fuck.
Trent said Stern is undergoing a review process of my playfield, and if approved for replacement, they will send me an empty box that I send my playfield back to them where they swap all components to a new playfield and then send it back.
Sounds like this would take months to me! Screw that.
I then said no way, I want a populated playfield advance replacement. He said even if they did approve it, it would go on his advance account and he would need a check for get this - $5,000 - to ship me an advance replacement.
Really puts a damper on the hobby itself to me. No more Stern NIB's after this shit.
Is this how other distributors work? Send another $5,000 to do an advance replacement of a fucked up playfield? That would mean I would be $13,000 in the hole - and have an empty GB LE cabinet for months to show for it.
What a goddamn joke.
EDIT: I have since spoken with Stern and the issues/anger above has been clarified.. definitely speak to your dealer about this, as the above information may not apply to you!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-by-stern-new-info?tu=kpg#post-3354695 Gotta see the picture details

Quoted from kpg:

It was 12.5 minutes well spent [on making that picture in the above post].

Quoted from kpg:

I don't think so!! I just submitted everything Stern requested, along with a semen sample - supposedly they needed that too and will be adding it to their application prerequisites as well. As soon as the DNA tests come back, they will announce the winners on the Maury Povich show. I hope to find out I am Gary Stern's long lost son so he'll give me the gift of allowing me to buy the super limited edition of Iron Maiden.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-by-stern-new-info?tu=kpg#post-3355917 Gotta see the picture details

Quoted from kpg:

You have to laugh that after all this, they release a "special" Batman model for $15,000.
I mean, what have they shown so far that gives confidence they have doubled the quality of the product since they are doubling the price?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-your-stern-ghosting-grazing-insert-lifting-other?tu=kpg#post-3379869 Gotta see the picture details

'
'
'

Those posts were not that long after Gary/Stern contact. Obviously it get's even worse. All this is still before the change.org petition and all those golden posts.

Quoted from kpg:

I heard that the Aerosmith pinball cabinet will be the worlds first handicap accessible cabinet. It will have a wheel chair lift on it, just roll up to the cabinet and raise yourself to the proper playing height. This innovation is due to Stern's partnership with AARP.
Rumor has it the topper is a kidney dialysis machine.
Also, Stern will be offering senior discounts and a special sound system for those who are hard of hearing, courtesy of technology by Miracle Ear.
This game is going to do great for operators that have pins in retirement and convalescent homes!!!

Quoted from kpg:

If JJP would have made GB, it would have been better IMO. Imagine the movie clips on the LCD, and I'd also think they would have use more original movie sounds and call outs instead of the ones Stern used.
GB is a fun game, but it doesn't have enough movie sounds, video clips, and music to feel like the movie in the way JJP's versions of WOZ and Hobbit make you feel immersed in the pinball version of the movie. They nailed the translation of a movie theme to pinball with them, hands down.

Quoted from kpg:

Build quality is actually one of the single most important things consumers look for in a manufactured product before making a purchase- for literally every product, in every segment.
But somehow pinball machines don't matter?
You should see my piece of shit playfield on my GBLE now. Trust me, I spent $8K on it from Stern, and build quality *does* matter to me.. especially when they have raised prices since dropping that doosey on the pinball market.
Here's the thing.. We enjoy playing GB more then Hobbit lately, because it's a fun game. But reality is, GB feels like it was built in China by some $3/hr laborers and Hobbit feels like a quality American made product. I just wish JJP would have made GB. Both were about the same price, but Hobbit actually feels and looks like a higher quality machine and that does matter to me.

Quoted from kpg:

Here is what my $8K got me with Stern... which some can see why I find it hilarious they are raising prices, yet who knows when I'll get a replacement playfield or if the issues have been fixed. Was playing GB LE last night, and more of my playfield or some piece of the machine broke off again and stopped in the shooter lane that I had to remove the glass to take the piece out. It's becoming a pretty common thing to see pieces of playfield scattered around lol. Notice the bare wood and lack of clear coat in the shooter lane too? Sorry, have to laugh that after this their solution was to jack up prices for their products.

Quoted from kpg:

I love the McDonalds comparison to Stern!
In fact, last year McDonalds revenue plunged year-over-year due to mediocre food priced way too high:
http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/23/investing/mcdonalds-earnings-sales-down/
This is what can happen to Stern too.. maybe they need to see what happened with McDonald's.. they thought people would keep lining up in the drive thru's paying top dollar for shit food.. then customers went elsewhere, and it reflected on their earnings.

Quoted from kpg:

But if you look at the polls... 308 people voted and only 44 people think that BM66 is worth the asking price based on the materials shown so far vs Dialed In. That is VERY telling... but I still don't think both are worth that much $

lol, when kpg blows up, he doesn't mess around... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ive-been-a-long-time-stern-pinball-fan-but-im-done-with-them?tu=kpg#post-3442040 Gotta see the picture details
'
'
'
'

Love all that "praise".

#1707 7 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

if you own it you'll probably say its great and if you dont own it you'll probably not be impressed,

of course people that own it will like it. Why else would they own it? People don't blindly buy games then pretend to like them. They buy games because they like them. That's why owners tend to talk up their games. It's not bias.

#1708 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

of course people that own it will like it. Why else would they own it? People don't blindly buy games then pretend to like them. They buy games because they like them. That's why owners tend to talk up their games. It's not bias.

And jealous dicks will do what they do.

The THEME is what we love along with the rest of the package. Yes, we F ing like it.

#1709 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Really? Did you get a bad playfield and get promised half a year ago it would be replaced, then get completely ignored for the past couple months?
You might not whine, but I refuse to get on my knees for people I pay thousands of dollars to for products I expect to be built with pride and quality. Your cheerleading is much louder than my whining, that's for sure.
Hope you didn't get stretch marks on your lips

Annnnnd that kiddies would be why KPG is at the end of the line! lol

#1710 7 years ago

The whole package with the art & topper and side bling and inner decals all mesh very well and give it a nice look, I'll definitely give it that.

#1711 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

While the code is like this no one can get a true feel for the finished game, it's the same situation as TWD & MET and Lyman turned them into classics, BM66 is hopefully going to get the same treatment.

One thing you CAN judge currently is the poor geometry of lots of the shots, leading to dead balls everywhere. The left orbit from the factory is a DISASTER. Moving the pad on the ramp to the inside almost completely fixes it, making it what I would call acceptable - I HIGHLY recommend this fix!

The software will make the dead shots tolerable (or even reduce them, hopefully, by changing rotisserie timing), but it won't fix it completely.

#1712 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You are so full of shit, you need to wipe your eyes with toilet paper.
I went MONTHS without saying anything, and praised Gary for calling me. I was silent here for many months without raising hell. It's only when I was getting ignored about my PF request after almost 6 months did I start up again about it.
Also, unbelievable - as much as I want to say "I told you so" to Iceman about his BM66LE, it's pathetic his machine is unplayable right now. Seriously how fuckin sorry is that a product that costs that much is having that many problems. The ironic part is that Iceman himself got a dud. Sure, he's fine with it now- imagine waiting 6 months to make it right!
Total garbage from Stern, yet again. Which is why I'll never buy a NIB from them anymore and I'm not alone.
Ice I hope your machine works 100% very soon and don't have to go through what me and many others went through.

Yeah some people act like they *don't know* what a huge Stern supporter you were until they sent you that complete POS.

You actually spent hours and hours making one of the most well rounded and modern soundtrack for TWD... even including Negan's whistle, etc to help bring the machine closer to these latest seasons. It was your enthusiasm and constant positive posts that made me even check out and play the thing as I had never bother to watch TWD until then. Yeah real Stern basher

That's 100% more effort than most of us who only drain our wallets on these things... and then post endlessly about it online.

So you have every right to complain loudly and repeatedly - you heaped praise on them when they deserved it so why should you keep your mouth shut when they quit returning your emails? ... especially after being personally assured by GS they would take care of you.
Unbelievable.

Stern has always treated me well and Chas is great guy but I'm no mindless cheerleader... when a company screws someone over (usually not intentionally) and doesn't communicate you LET THEM KNOW. Not just for your own satisfaction but to let others know of the situation and to *hopefully* help the company learn to handle these things better.

Maybe this has helped Stern realize a little communication with their customers might be helpful in the future... but I doubt it.

#1713 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

One thing you CAN judge currently is the poor geometry of lots of the shots, leading to dead balls everywhere. The left orbit from the factory is a DISASTER. Moving the pad on the ramp to the inside almost completely fixes it, making it what I would call acceptable - I HIGHLY recommend this fix!
The software will make the dead shots tolerable (or even reduce them, hopefully, by changing rotisserie timing), but it won't fix it completely.

I can testify that moving the left pad makes the left orbit fun again. I have witnessed code change the entire feel of a pin. Initial WOZ code was an absolute disaster, now I challenge anyone on how strong the gameplay is. There are FAR more positives than negatives on BM66.Remember the WOZ shooter lane rattle bitchfest, ....over, they fixed it.

The rotisserie will be deployed better, along with more callouts, features, etc. Time to face facts...vast majority of people that actually bought the game love it, those that didn't will propagate negatively. Time to move on.

This is Sterns 30th year anniversary pin. No way they don't nail the code and address potential issues with hast. Is what it is,,,,,mark

#1714 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This is Sterns 30th year anniversary pin. No way they don't nail the code and address potential issues with hast. Is what it is,,,,,mark

Yep

#1715 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

People don't blindly buy games then pretend to like them. They buy games because they like them. .

Are f*cking serious? With this game? EVERYONE who bought it blindly bought it!!! 100%!!! There was no video of gameplay & no one could play it at expo. Blind as a bat!!!

#1716 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are f*cking serious? With this game? EVERYONE who bought it blindly bought it!!! 100%!!! There was no video of gameplay & no one could play it at expo. Blind as a bat!!!

It's gonna be kind of hard to argue with you about that! lol

I hope Batman ends up being a home run I really do. It was a dream theme for me but with the inflated price and no Pro model I had to say no. I like GB Premium better anyway and I've been saving my pennies for that game so it's all good. If they had a Pro model in Batman66 though, it most likely would be a must own pin for me after GB.

#1717 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I was gonna say the same thing but im tired of reminding people about it. Same goes for people ordering that latest spooky title. Its cool to see a theme you like but these toys need to play well as that is the intended purpose i thought? However latley most seem to buy off theme, art and a few pictures which is crazy imo considering the stupid prices they are now for how little you seem to get. As long as stern and spooky keep selling them out beforehand they will continue to raise the price , take features away or lower the quality....i mean if i was a business id do the same dam thing till they stop selling out..

#1718 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I was gonna say the same thing but im tired of reminding people about it. Same goes for people ordering that latest spooky title. Its cool to see a theme you like but these toys need to play well as that is the intended purpose i thought? However latley most seem to buy off theme, art and a few pictures which is crazy imo considering the stupid prices they are now for how little you seem to get. As long as stern and spooky keep selling them out beforehand they will continue to raise the price , take features away or lower the quality....i mean if i was a business id do the same dam thing till they stop selling out..

Kinda like a box of cereal? Same size box, less cereal, and no toy!

#1719 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I can testify that moving the left pad makes the left orbit fun again. I have witnessed code change the entire feel of a pin. Initial WOZ code was an absolute disaster, now I challenge anyone on how strong the gameplay is. There are FAR more positives than negatives on BM66.Remember the WOZ shooter lane rattle bitchfest, ....over, they fixed it.
The rotisserie will be deployed better, along with more callouts, features, etc. Time to face facts...vast majority of people that actually bought the game love it, those that didn't will propagate negatively. Time to move on.

Little bit of a difference that with woz you got plenty of pin for your money. And unfortunately B66 shoots like crap. Left ramp is ruined with the perspex hokey pokey dance after every shot. Just looks straight up cheap and nasty. The left orbit jams up evey time with the cleanest shot. In fact the faster you hit the left orbit the worse it is and it still has the bdk no joy problem at the kick out. The turntable is not satisfying and again gives you the 'so what' feeling when you shoot the plastic crap on it. Right ramp is as boring as batshit and the crane is about the only good thing which works better on bdk.
Yep code is gonna fix this box right up!
Rarehero is spot on. Anyone who bought it blindly bought it with a stack of warning signs that it was going to suck.

#1720 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Kinda like a box of cereal? Same size box, less cereal, and no toy!

Lol essentially

#1721 7 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Little bit of a difference that with woz you got plenty of pin for your money. And unfortunately B66 shoots like crap. Left ramp is ruined with the perspex hokey pokey dance after every shot. Just looks straight up cheap and nasty. The left orbit jams up evey time with the cleanest shot. In fact the faster you hit the left orbit the worse it is and it still has the bdk no joy problem at the kick out. The turntable is not satisfying and again gives you the 'so what' feeling when you shoot the plastic crap on it. Right ramp is as boring as batshit and the crane is about the only good thing which works better on bdk.
Yep code is gonna fix this box right up!

Meh....I love my WOZ, and could be blinded with theme, gorgeous game, and a great, dual LCD system begging for code...I'm keeping them both...the kick out already has been enhanced in .68, and suspect Lyman has something in store on several levels.

Many, many, many people buy " blind" and keep or dump ( deny all you want), this one no different, except ( for me) an unbelievable theme.

Truthfully could give a shit how many drool over AC/DC, MET, etc. These are titles I couldn't own regardless how good they play ( no music pin lives with me). I appreciate many love these, and other titles that I don't...I like BM66LE, even early on. Have several heavy hitter main stream favorites that play different...some people loath TRON, WCS, TZ,WOZ etc., but in the end it's up to the individual shelling out the cash.

Public forums are great places to voice opinions. The above is mine, just as relevant as anyone's.

#1722 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Many, many, many people buy " blind" and keep or dump ( deny all you want), this one no different

It's not different? At all? In any way?

*cough cough price cough cough*

#1723 7 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The left orbit jams up evey time with the cleanest shot. In fact the faster you hit the left orbit the worse it is

This complaint is no longer allowed since the fix (moving the pad inside on the left side of the ramp) is simple and effective, making that left orbit FINE. Anyone who complains and doesn't make the fix just wants to complain.

#1724 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

........just wants to complain.

Which pretty much sums up this thread.

Or should I say Pinside.

#1725 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Which pretty much sums up this thread.
Or should I say Pinside.

Well, hey, I'm not immune. I complain about issues related to pin QC and code, but when there is a SOLUTION, I fix the issue and stop complaining about it. That seems like a normal course of action. There is a lot of not-normal in some of these threads, though. I chalk it up to passion...usually.

#1726 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, hey, I'm not immune. I complain about issues related to pin QC and code, but when there is a SOLUTION, I fix the issue and stop complaining about it. That seems like a normal course of action. There is a lot of not-normal in some of these threads, though. I chalk it up to passion...usually.

I don't know if it's passion. I can a understand coming into a "First Impressions" thread, giving your impression, negative or positive, and then leaving. Or contributing something new every so often.

But certain users repeatedly spraying the same negative, and in many cases baseless, comments as if it's fact and across multiple threads, is hard to explain. Especially given that none of these users own the game, and most have played it no more than a handful of times in a public location on a game that still has pre-release code.

As an owner, at least I've played it 100's of times on a perfectly tweaked game. I can make praise or criticism, and at least it's based on well considered observation.

It seems particularly bad with this title, but I could be wrong. Probably Avengers, and Xmen owners went through the same, but I think the way Stern hyped this, and increased the price, has made it worse. There's plenty who want to hate this game, regardless of its merits. And they're giving themselves a self congratulatory pat on the back for not buying it.

It's like a weird form of Schadenfreude.

But most likely it happens with every new title on Pinside, I'm just not aware of it because I'm not following the threads and don't own the games.

Anyway, it's all pinball. And it's all good.

#1727 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It's like a weird form of Schadenfreude.

Well I had to look that one up Mark. Who says Pinside isn't educational.

#1728 7 years ago

I took three years of German in high school and had to look it up.

Pleasure taken from another's misfortune!

#1729 7 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well I had to look that one up Mark. Who says Pinside isn't educational.

Quoted from ultimategameroom:

lol.

Pinside's word of the day.

#1730 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not looking for sympathy. Of course I know this hobby, at whatever level, is a complete luxury and anyone who can afford to buy their own pinball machine is by definition wealthy (on a global scale). The fact I can afford to buy NIB Sterns probably means I shouldn't complain at all.
Just disappointed in Stern. B66 is a dream theme . The art is perfect. The whole LE collectible thing is great. The whole package on paper is perfect. But to a certain extent they tripped at the line.
You're 100% right - they are controlled by investors, but I guess I'm seeing first hand how this is overriding their passion for pinball (or at least the people who work for them that have a passion for pinball). They're targeting collectors, and their market research has told them what collectors want, but in reality it is not getting past the idea stage. It's not translating into a real collectable product. They give lip service to the product being high end and collectible with X & Y features, but by the time it gets to the production line, they cut back.
I said when this game was being hyped originally that Stern set a really high bar with B66, and it remains to be seen whether they could jump that high. They got close, but not quite.
And in most cases it's for ridiculous things that are inexpensive, yet make all the difference to a collector. Like the Bat Symbol sticker instead of laser cut alloy (what, $1 part?) or the crap Hotwheels car instead of a high quality one ($5 upgrade?), Perspex instead of wireform over the left ramp ($10 upgrade?), lack of another support on the left wireform ($10 upgrade?). It's these authentic details that make the difference. AUTHENTICITY! Cut back costs by all means by making the production line more efficient, moving the power supply to a location that overall makes more sense, improving the electronics to be smaller and more powerful. But why skimp on the small authentic details that mean something to a collector?
You say I have lots of options? My original post said I want a great theme, that plays fast and NIB? So my options are....?
I can still express my disappointment in Stern and continue to buy their product. I want to continue buying Stern but I also want them to lift their game.
At the moment they know there is no option. To a certain extent they are cashing in their huge goodwill. Obviously you can only do that for so long until the goodwill dries up or there are other viable options.
I think Im going to sit down and write a Dear Gary letter. Might enlist KPG's help.

Come now... the history is there. Anyone blindly plopping down 10k plus for a game from Stern (that they've never played or physically seen) know exactly what the possible outcomes are.

You knew the risk like everyone else... sure, one outcome could be awesome game... others could be crappy playfield, clunky shots, crap code for 1-1/2 years. No reasons to go over every possible scenario.

Total buyer beware (or buyer get lucky/unlucky). You pay huge cash for a sight-unseen product, you're signing a waiver saying you'll take what you get - good, bad, and ugly.

#1731 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well..... I didn't pay up for my LE until after the deadflip video

#1732 7 years ago

I'm looking forward to trying out B66 at tpf. I'm not buying any sterns Nib anymore. Don't want to deal with the code wait or potential major playfield issues.

I am really surprised they released this game with such barren code though. How do you charge more and give less on what is mostly a retheme especially knowing this is supposed to be a 30th anniversary celebration pin and people have been getting more and more pissed at the slow code releases. It would have made more sense to roll out Aerosmith which is clearly much further along and blinged it out over the top for the 30th pin. I guess most of the negative they heard about the theme might have swayed them.

They have to stop releasing pins that aren't ready yet. They have lost me as a buyer and I can't be alone. I would love to support stern but I just can't with the current release practices.

#1733 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah some people act like they *don't know* what a huge Stern supporter you were until they sent you that complete POS.
You actually spent hours and hours making one of the most well rounded and modern soundtrack for TWD... even including Negan's whistle, etc to help bring the machine closer to these latest seasons. It was your enthusiasm and constant positive posts that made me even check out and play the thing as I had never bother to watch TWD until then. Yeah real Stern basher
That's 100% more effort than most of us who only drain our wallets on these things... and then post endlessly about it online.
So you have every right to complain loudly and repeatedly - you heaped praise on them when they deserved it so why should you keep your mouth shut when they quit returning your emails? ... especially after being personally assured by GS they would take care of you.
Unbelievable.
Stern has always treated me well and Chas is great guy but I'm no mindless cheerleader... when a company screws someone over (usually not intentionally) and doesn't communicate you LET THEM KNOW. Not just for your own satisfaction but to let others know of the situation and to *hopefully* help the company learn to handle these things better.
Maybe this has helped Stern realize a little communication with their customers might be helpful in the future... but I doubt it.

Thanks for this. I guess it's hard for some people to realize the only reason I'm pissed at Stern (now) is because they sold me a $8,000 piece of shit- and 6 months ago Gary promised to make it right, then ignores me for a couple months - months that I didn't even say anything about them here on Pinside.

Funny thing is when I made a stink about it 6 months ago here on Pinside, Gary Stern called me again and asked if I could "turn it down online" because he knew I was creating a shit show. He didn't like that of course. I know he doesn't like it now either lol.

I'm definitely not a consumer that lets companies sell me a $8K POS then come on here and praise it like some of these other jack asses. You know 99% of the people who bought BM66 know it's a turd bucket but will defend their purchase like it's their own child.

PS- dzoomer - that was f*ckin weird you spent all that time reposting me - you need to get a damn life

#1734 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thanks for this. I guess it's hard for some people to realize the only reason I'm pissed at Stern (now) is because they sold me a $8,000 piece of shit- and 6 months ago Gary promised to make it right, then ignores me for a couple months - months that I didn't even say anything about them here on Pinside.
Funny thing is when I made a stink about it 6 months ago here on Pinside, Gary Stern called me again and asked if I could "turn it down online" because he knew I was creating a shit show. He didn't like that of course. I know he doesn't like it now either lol.
I'm definitely not a consumer that lets companies sell me a $8K POS then come on here and praise it like some of these other jack asses. You know 99% of the people who bought BM66 know it's a turd bucket but will defend their purchase like it's their own child.
PS- dzoomer - that was f*ckin weird you spent all that time reposting me - you need to get a damn life

This is what gets me. It's bad press for Stern. It's bad press for Tilt. One of these people should have corrected it. I had issues on my GOT and Coin taker solved them. Very happy and will only get games from them. Some vendors realize the value of the customer. I do not think Stern cares so much, but some distributors do. I do not like BM66, but my game currently works. I also know Cointaker will make things right if I have an issue. This is piece of mind for me. It comes down to how hard will your distributor work for you.

KPG, I feel for you and hope your a actions get Stern to rethink how they handle things. Gary is a liar until he replaces your PF. I hope some people ask him about it at shows.

#1735 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's kind of what you get with a Gomez design, he seems to like tight geometry and engineering mechs over flow, but that's not a bad thing I don't need or want every pin I keep in my collection to flow like water, I have Ritchie & Borg pins for that speed fix.

BDK was clunky until I tweaked pretty much all the shots, so I had a good idea what to expect when I saw the reveal of the BM66 playfield, with the extra ramp and the existing ramp loosing the upper playfield in exchange for a complete ramp return, ALOT more flow without it going into Ritchie territory. But I kind of like having to make some tight shots on some games certainly helps me learn to play better.

#1736 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

LOL. You reap what you sow. It's not hard to repost your history . Otherwise, you'd continue shoveling your delusions of "praising" Gary and Stern for months.

You can go with revisionism and red herrings all you want, it doesn't change the facts shown in your post history. There's also your similarly entertaining posts on the TWD club thread... you damn near flushed that one down the toilet too after two weeks of ownership. But your supporters love their selection bias and cherry picking of your history. Nothing to see here.

nothing to see here (resized).pngnothing to see here (resized).png

#1737 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You know 99% of the people who bought BM66 know it's a turd bucket but will defend their purchase like it's their own child.

Nope, if when the code is complete it sucks I wont defend it at all, just like when my kids are in the wrong I don't defend them either

But I cant say I am worried, Lyman is coding and he always delivers great to killer code, even if it means using his own time.

Plus I have brought games before that where bashed by haters, before code was complete/the game was given a chance, I got told and read it 100s of times when I brought Ironman at release "its a turd", "its cheap shit", "its empty with nothing to do or shoot", "why have you wasted your money", "worst game ever" etc, SM, TWD, ST all went through the same crap, and well we all know how that ended

#1738 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Can you post a pic of the left pad moved to inside the ramp please?

#1739 7 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

All I learned in HS German was "ich weiss nicht"

#1741 7 years ago

So F ing what about why anybody bought it.

I love the self righteous know it alls popping in here once again trying to tell people how to spend their money. Hypocrite Rare H and the rest of the jealous crew

Now we can make an informed decision, we got to see the layout, the fact that the theme is a home run, Lyman is on code and it's a true LE and anniversary pin. And got to see the dead flip stream

So to the people that don't like that you know what you can do. Fill in the profanity laced blank

#1742 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So F ing what about why anybody bought it.
I love the self righteous know it alls popping in here once again trying to tell people how to spend their money. Hypocrite Rare H and the rest of the jealous crew
Now we can make an informed decision, we got to see the layout, the fact that the theme is a home run, Lyman is on code and it's a true LE and anniversary pin. And got to see the dead flip stream
So to the people that don't like that you know what you can do. Fill in the profanity laced blank

Lol this thread is awesome! No offense but the DeadFlip stream is what made me know that I didn't want one. They had the glass off of the game like 3-4 times trying to get balls unstuck from the merry go round, and actually had to end the stream early because the damn game wouldn't even work lmao. You could just see that OHHH F*** look on all of their faces!

I hope Batman turns out to be awesome though for real dude but I have my doubts.

#1743 7 years ago

Kaneda PG can't help himself guys.

Just an angry hater.

99% of BM66 owners like it despite the status of current code

#1744 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol this thread is awesome! No offense but the DeadFlip stream is what made me know that I didn't want one. They had the glass off of the game like 3-4 times trying to get balls unstuck from the merry go round, and actually had to end the stream early because the damn game wouldn't even work lmao. You could just see that OHHH F*** look on all of their faces!
I hope Batman turns out to be awesome though for real dude but I have my doubts.

You don't have to worry about then Who Dey do you?

Some people have the ability to think long term and big picture. As in Lyman, TWD, AC/DC, MET etc

If you were watching that stream hoping to see finished code then I'm not sure what to tell you

Same old same old BS. Wash, rinse, repeat. Code has a long ways to go

#1745 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You know 99% of the people who bought BM66 know it's a turd bucket but will defend their purchase like it's their own child.

You insensitive b*stard. I had to sell my first born child to pay for b66.

#1746 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You don't have to worry about then Who Dey do you?
Some people have the ability to think long term and big picture. As in Lyman, TWD, AC/DC, MET etc
If you were watching that stream hoping to see finished code then I'm not sure what to tell you
Same old same old BS. Wash, rinse, repeat. Code has a long ways to go

I wasn't watching to see a game with a finished code. I was watching to see a game that f*cking worked! There is no way in hell that they play tested that game before the stream......no way! I didn't care about the code really, but since you brought it up I will say that it shipped with the weakest code of any game that I've ever seen. They have no business shipping a game with basically no code, come iceman you gotta admit that.

I'm giving the game a chance so don't think I'm not. I'm driving almost an hour away to go play it here in a couple of weeks so I am hoping that my perceptions about the game are wrong. I'm trying to have an open mind about Batman66 for real, but I can't Kidd myself about what I've seen up to this point either. I want this game to succeed for real.

#1747 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You insensitive b*stard. I had to sell my first born child to pay for b66.

lol

#1748 7 years ago

Who Dey, the code is nothing at this point. It's terrible and totally agree it shipped with least amount of code ever.

For me, so what. It matters not one iota. I like going through the progression of what guys like Keith and Lyman do.

I just can't play my pin right now so it matters even less

If they don't deliver on the potential then I'll be highly disappointed. But that's not gonna happen with Lyman

#1749 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm giving the game a chance so don't think I'm not. I'm driving almost an hour away to go play it here in a couple of weeks so I am hoping that my perceptions about the game are wrong. I'm trying to have an open mind about Batman66 for real, but I can't Kidd myself about what I've seen up to this point either. I want this game to succeed for real.

What's the rush? Playing enthusiasm on Pinside for Lyman's last pin, TWD, didn't take off until around 1.24/1.28 code. Pre 1.0 code is very bare bones, and the Lyman designation of 0.65 for the latest BM66 code means it has a long ways to go. Playing it this early and expecting much is a recipe for disappointment with many here.

#1750 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

What's the rush? Playing enthusiasm on Pinside for Lyman's last pin, TWD, didn't take off until around 1.24/1.28 code. Pre 1.0 code is very bare bones, and the Lyman designation of 0.65 for the latest BM66 code means it has a long ways to go.

0.68 is actually the latest code. We moved .03 in almost 3 weeks between 0.65 and 0.68. At this rate it will be almost a year from release to 1.00, and another 6 months to the "good" version range of 1.24-1.28 on TWD.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.