By Barakawins1

1 year ago

Stats

• 2,335 posts
  • 281 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Samuel (resized).jpg
Backglass (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg
cardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpg
They-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpg
5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2335 posts in topic. You are on page 30 of 47.
#1451 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If only all PF's were HSA cleared right? I don't understand why guys like Vid say its the wood and not the clear? I don't get it either.

I really don't have the answer, but some might say having dimpling at least isn't as bad as having ghosting.

#1452 1 year ago

Like I said...... Look at PF's like RBION , SM, and other old examples. They used to have that planking effect. ( different wood maybe?)

Todays PFs look like glass so I cant give an answer to why, but as long as there not chipping off artwork or delaminating im ok with it. As for the magnet poles , they have been dimpling and mushrooming for years.

#1453 1 year ago

My plan is to play it until all dimples are in place and then send the playfield out and have it properly clear coated by an expert.

I'll have it all back together and ready to play before the final code drops.

#1454 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

You are so wrong brother.. so wrong... and to bet against someone trying to make find resolution for so many people who have been sold defective products is just not cool.

Save yourself the effort... this song has been played over and over again. He's probably drinking again and fueling up for a posting-tsunami. It's just his form of entertainment. Don't fall for it.

#1455 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Going about the wrong way. Really wish i hadn't signed that petition.

Well I told you not to....

#1456 1 year ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Stern is dead to me...... What a disaster.

This is really it. Sums it all up!

#1457 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

My plan is to play it until all dimples are in place and then send the playfield out and have it properly clear coated by an expert.

I like how you think...personally, having a blast with the game, a little extra pitch is the key. If the qc comes through, this game is NOT a dog, I could rag on many, many titles for brick shots, long games, etc. that rotisserie is going to iron out with code...just gotta speed it up, and make that target areas meaningful...suspect Lyman has some magic in his head for this....

#1458 1 year ago

Pretty annoyed here. I've never had this many issues with any Stern I have bought and I have bought a lot. Not sure how mine passed what ever QC there is. My perm has these issues

ALL inserts are raised with a tiny ledge. I've had games like this before but ledges had clear over them and was smooth to the touch.
One insert edge has a blemish on it already
LCD has a dead pixel right in the top middle
Solder splashed on back panel plastic from factory
Playing card on apron is creased/bent and not signed. I swear I read somewhere they had Adam West sign 500 cards and some prems would get them. Not sure why the card is even on the prems if not signed.
Magnet core, ramps and ramps return all needed adjusted. Have not taken batmobile apart yet to secure that yet
Most left ramp shots go flying off into the saucer and the plastic guard wobbles like a bobble head.

This is not a issue, but the lock down bar has stickers on it. Fucking stickers on this "epic 30th anniv, special' game. My st pro has metal riveted around the launch button. STICKERS. On a commercial game on the most used, touched area. This is a joke

I do like the theme music and joker music.

#1459 1 year ago

Seems as if the little Stern cheerleaders got their pinball pantyhose in an uproar and cant seem to deal with Stern criticism without using using defamatory language and condescending remarks. Maybe they are Stern imposters that work for Stern and are downplaying Sterns lack of quality control and response to issues. Stern is obviously rushing through production and releasing games that are defective.

#1460 1 year ago

Hey guys I thought of a mod for the top of the rotisserie to avoid any ball hang-ups.

I call it the Holy Salad Bowl Mod Batman!

Holy Salad Bowl Mod Batman.jpg

#1461 1 year ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Anyone else have the clear starting to chip a little in their shooter lane? Could be dumb luck but the software update seemed to lessen the flyers somewhat. I have noticed the ball getting caught in the left orbit on the wire/zip tie that is on the ramp. After another week there are a ton of dimples. As others have mentioned the gloss definitely brings them out. I recently purchased a BDK from another Pinsider and there are nowhere near the amount of deep marks on that game. Plays completely different and has a lot less flyers than 66.
I finally made contact with Stern and they were receptive and seem willing to work with me on a solution. I am sending more photos and speaking with them again this week.

The coarseness of the sapwood in that shooter lane, and the dimpling ....

Jesus christ.

It hasn't improved since SM VE / GB / last year's debacle, it's gotten worse!

If these are Churchill (I have my doubts), then Stern apparently did what I feared ... they wanted a similarly cheap product to the alternate supplier.

This is dreadful.

#1462 1 year ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Pretty annoyed here. I've never had this many issues with any Stern I have bought and I have bought a lot. Not sure how mine passed what ever QC there is. My perm has these issues
ALL inserts are raised with a tiny ledge. I've had games like this before but ledges had clear over them and was smooth to the touch.
One insert edge has a blemish on it already
LCD has a dead pixel right in the top middle
Solder splashed on back panel plastic from factory
Playing card on apron is creased/bent and not signed. I swear I read somewhere they had Adam West sign 500 cards and some prems would get them. Not sure why the card is even on the prems if not signed.
Magnet core, ramps and ramps return all needed adjusted. Have not taken batmobile apart yet to secure that yet
Most left ramp shots go flying off into the saucer and the plastic guard wobbles like a bobble head.
This is not a issue, but the lock down bar has stickers on it. Fucking stickers on this "epic 30th anniv, special' game. My st pro has metal riveted around the launch button. STICKERS. On a commercial game on the most used, touched area. This is a joke
I do like the theme music and joker music.

Whilst I suspect these issues are symptomatic of a wider malaise, it sounds like you have a real lemon.

I'd request a return and refund. Then if - big if - they sort themselves down the line, pick one up later.

Quoted from J85M:

I'm dreading the arrival of my LE, Sterns overall quality has hit rock bottom, what the hell is going on, I have always had solid products from Stern and suddenly it's gone to rat shit on every aspect of the line, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Just cancel. You've seen and read all the reports about the state of the game. It makes absolutely no sense to retain the order. Even if you want an LE and none are available in 6-9 months, you know perfectly well this game is never going to hold value.

#1463 1 year ago

I haven't been following this thread but it sounds like more QC issues are still plaguing Stern. What a frickin shame!

#1464 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Just cancel. You've seen and read all the reports about the state of the game. It makes absolutely no sense to retain the order. Even if you want an LE and none are available in 6-9 months, you know perfectly well this game is never going to hold value.

Funny enough reading through the threads again and before you posted this, I took time out to watch "don't breathe" pretty good little horror film, I had already settled on cancelling and requesting money back, so will be getting on this first thing in the morning.

#1465 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Whilst I suspect these issues are symptomatic of a wider malaise, it sounds like you have a real lemon.
I'd request a return and refund. Then if - big if - they sort themselves down the line, pick one up later.

Some BM66le owners I know personally are having no pf issues. Maybe its a random issue with some play-fields?

I know about mine on WED.

#1466 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Boom, drop the mic, problem solved.

#1467 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Some BM66le owners I know personally are having no pf issues. Maybe its a random issue with some play-fields?

Me too, mine's arriving mañana.

What's the pitch you have yours at Mark?

#1468 1 year ago

I think this is far past the point of random issues. It's been a pattern since the first SM VEs went out, nearly a year ago.

But that dimpling ... I'd call it cratering. Some of them are huge, and the biggest ones look like the clear may have actually fractured.

Quoted from J85M:

Funny enough reading through the threads again and before you posted this, I took time out to watch "don't breathe" pretty good little horror film, I had already settled on cancelling and requesting money back, so will be getting on this first thing in the morning.

It's a much more prudent decision, I think.

#1469 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

FYI Ice ...set mine at 6.8 and no airballs at all ...

#1470 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

FYI Ice ...set mine at 6.8 and no airballs at all ...

Thanks MT, I'm looking forward to joining in on the fun!

#1471 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

My plan is to play it until all dimples are in place and then send the playfield out and have it properly clear coated by an expert

Can't see how putting some more clear would fix the moon craters on those playfields ...

It'd be like putting new paint on your car after you've hit a lamp post.

rd

#1472 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Can't see how putting some more clear would fix the moon craters on those playfields ...
It'd be like putting new paint on your car after you've hit a lamp post.
rd

Show us pics of your non dimpling PF's RD. How do you do it!

#1473 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Show us pics of your non dimpling PF's RD. How do you do it!

They all dimple to some extent. Nature of the beast.

Today's games are so fast, and magnets are flinging balls everywhere at 90 miles an hour, shits gonna happen!

I can't say I have ever seen one that looks like the one pictured after 100 games though. You'd need the lunar buggy to drive around that playfield!

As for the magnets dimpling like that ... ooooffffffff! Somebody stuffed up the alloy mixture somewhere back in the supply chain.

rd

#1474 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ice...mines at a nice 7....very few air balls off the left ramp ( none in last 2 days after pitching up), and gameplay is very good....mark...( you must show a pic of batgadget plaque, and card....hooray, the wait is over!!!)

#1475 1 year ago

when George Gomez finally questions their playfield manufacturing dept....

IMG_1362 (resized).JPG

IMG_1364 (resized).JPG

#1476 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think this is far past the point of random issues. It's been a pattern since the first SM VEs went out, nearly a year ago.
But that dimpling ... I'd call it cratering. Some of them are huge, and the biggest ones look like the clear may have actually fractured.

It's a much more prudent decision, I think.

Mines fine...not meaning to demean those with problems (the ONE pin I saw posted in all this looks terrible) but many have also stated they didn't have pf issues. Not denial, or fanboy, just fact. Loose hardware seems to be the only true common negative denominator ( along with early code) ....." prudent decision" would have been to never commit to an excessive priced pin to start with....

Appreciate your wisdom, however....how does yours look?

#1477 1 year ago

Congrats...tighten the screws on ramps and batspinner toy, and ENJOY!!!

#1478 1 year ago

O/T After reading the last few pages of this Batman thread and considering the GB issues I started thinking about how Stern has began changing recently and wondered what might be a contributing influence towards that.

Seems like much of the QC issues, use of shi!!y materials, and the cost saving direction Stern has taken seems to have started since they moved to the new location. I had a NIB SAM based TWDLE direct shipped from Stern when they were first released from their old factory. Great QC, good materials, and after a billion games the dimples turned into a uniform orange peel surface, no clear coat issues, and the magnet surfaces still look like new with no dimples. That period seems to have been a much simpler time.

Did Stern really have to move? Has the move changed Stern?

If you could snap a finger and go back to a time where Stern was still operating out of their old factory and their focus wasn't as centered on $$ as it seems to be now, would you want that?

#1479 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

They all dimple to some extent. Nature of the beast.
Today's games are so fast, and magnets are flinging balls everywhere at 90 miles an hour, shits gonna happen!
I can't say I have ever seen one that looks like the one pictured after 100 games though. You'd need the lunar buggy to drive around that playfield!
As for the magnets dimpling like that ... ooooffffffff! Somebody stuffed up the alloy mixture somewhere back in the supply chain.
rd

Completely agree...that pf looks like shit, but it's the only one posted like it so far.....my theory on the magnet- that's a very tough spot for that thing to live....balls banging hard and fast around there...still some air ball action up there...agreed, now that they know, a harder alloy in order ( we're obviously part of the beta test), but man, I remember all those SM magnets mushrooming on the playfield. At least, this one has a big ass ring around it, protecting the playfield...

#1480 1 year ago

I know this thread was started with a negative vibe before the f**king game was released ( due to price...rightfully so), but can we move on to bitching about something else..maybe code updates? This pin is NOT GB.....

#1481 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I know this thread was started with a negative vibe before the f**king game was released ( due to price...rightfully so), but can we move on to bitching about something else..maybe code updates? This pin is NOT GB.....</blockquote

You got that right, BM66 is DEFINITELY not GB and never will be! GB is ten times better! lol

#1482 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I thumbed you up....at least that's your opinion....no way in my book ( lol), BM66 rules for me, but that's the beauty of pinball...choices...careful if you say too much positive in this thread though....the waters are murky...

#1483 1 year ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

O/T After reading the last few pages of this Batman thread and considering the GB issues I started thinking about how Stern has began changing recently and wondered what might be a contributing influence towards that.
Seems like much of the QC issues, use of shi!!y materials, and the cost saving direction Stern has taken seems to have started since they moved to the new location. I had a NIB SAM based TWDLE direct shipped from Stern when they were first released from their old factory. Great QC, good materials, and after a billion games the dimples turned into a uniform orange peel surface, no clear coat issues, and the magnet surfaces still look like new with no dimples. That period seems to have been a much simpler time.
Did Stern really have to move? Has the move changed Stern?
If you could snap a finger and go back to a time where Stern was still operating out of their old factory and their focus wasn't as centered on $$ as it seems to be now, would you want that?

Probably some linkages here. Stern wanted to grow and that growth meant the new factory and increased production. Increased production has probably put pressure on some of Stern's suppliers. That could in term impact quality or availability. Stern needs to keep machines pumping out to pay the bills which have only gone up with the move so they can't really stop building games. Stern also knows they sell a lot of games when a new title comes out so they are rushing titles (the lack of testing and very early code supports this).

Can't really snap a finger and go back in time. I think Stern needs to learn to operate better as things are and not rely on what has worked in the past. I think Stern's biggest issue right now is they are not communicating and while this has always worked in the past their market changed and they need to respond.

These are just growing pains and very manageable but if Stern starts losing customers and sales take a hit the pain would be much more real!

#1484 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I thumbed you up....at least that's your opinion....no way in my book ( lol), BM66 rules for me, but that's the beauty of pinball...choices...careful if you say too much positive in this thread though....the waters are murky...

I was just busting your balls lol. I love the Batman66 theme probably more than any pin Stern has ever made and the art work is phenomenal. I do like GB Premium gameplay better though. Batman is a beautiful pin for sure!

#1485 1 year ago

This little dude has it figured out, future Stern QC guy in training!

Sorting-and-Stacking-Discs-Pure-Play-Kids-300x285 (resized).jpg

#1486 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I remember all those SM magnets mushrooming on the playfield

I do too ... but that was after 1000s of plays, not one week ...

rd

#1487 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I do too ... but that was after 1000s of plays, not one week ...
rd

The magnet pole's are three times as big now. I sure there going to take a lot more direct hits.

#1488 1 year ago

Appreciate all the comments and advice on my playfield. I am not in the Stern hater category or on the fanboy side either. I've always enjoyed pinball and excited my son wants to play now. I feel that Stern will do something to make it right. Certainly don't feel like the playfield issues we are seeing are something that Stern cannot eventually correct. With so many games going home use only now they are going to have to sort out these playfield issues quickly. Spending a little more upfront on higher quality wood, finish, and parts will be cheaper in the long run for the company. Spending 10k plus I expect a machine that will hold up. It is a new game and I expect for there to be issues. My playfield is just way outside the norm from other games I've seen after such a short period. The clear chipping in the shooter lane worries me just as much as the dimpling. Hell I am still far from giving up on the game and feel like it has a lot of potential. Yes it's clunky at times right now. The theme and artwork are awesome for someone who is a fan of the show like we are. Love the screen and the topper (they are still trying to get another one shipped since they mailed the first one to the wrong location). Bottom line just sharing my issues and not trying to start a war over the game.

#1489 1 year ago

A premium just listed for sale/trade also has some substantial craters in the magnet and upper playfield....

#1490 1 year ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

I feel that Stern will do something to make it right. Certainly don't feel like the playfield issues we are seeing are something that Stern cannot eventually correct.

Hopefully being a new member here you maintain that great attitude and don't let the negativity get you down. Happy you and your son are enjoying the pin.

#1491 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

A premium just listed for sale/trade also has some substantial craters in the magnet and upper playfield....

With the magnet pole, dont you guys feel its because the new poles are 3 times the size of the old one's. They now take more hits and with all that area they become much more pronounced. When they were the size of a nickel no one cared.

#1492 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

With the magnet pole, dont you guys feel its because the new poles are 3 times the size of the old one's. They now take more hits and with all that area they become much more pronounced. When they were the size of a nickel no one cared.

The actual magnet core is the same size i believe but is surrounded by metal now which was to protect the playfield i guess. My walking dead premium has 2 these new magnets with 3k plays and dont have any real craters and they get a bunch of abuse /airballs bc of where they are located. I dont think the dents are a big deal on it or the playfield but it does seem to be much worse than prior pins.....

#1493 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The actual magnet core is the same size i believe but is surrounded by metal now which was to protect the playfield i guess. My walking dead premium has 2 these new magnets with 3k plays and dont have any real craters and they get a bunch of abuse /airballs bc of where they are located. I dont think the dents are a big deal on it or the playfield but it does seem to be much worse than prior pins.....

I just took another look at the 66 thats up for sale.... there are major craters in the core itself. Im gotta go down stairs and look at my TWD prem better and get back to you. Really had not noticed that much.

#1494 1 year ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Go spend your own money on one and see how much you enjoy it.

I was leaving the cost of the game out of the equation. Everybody here already knows I think the price is insane. I've spent 8k on a brand new game, and I remember the overall feeling that it was too much for me to have tied up in one game. And this one was 15k... I was only saying what I thought of the game when I was standing at the flippers actually playing it. And when I do that, I base it on how I feel playing. It doesn't go deep on rules, it ignores cost, it's just how I feel. I'm sure part of it was the fact that I knew I was playing a rare game, but I've played very rare games and didn't enjoy them. For this one though, I enjoyed it. If there was a Pro, and it was priced like a Pro, and if Stern wasn't having big QC issues, I probably would have bought one. It hits my nostalgia buttons. Great theme for someone like me. But unfortunately I can't always play pinball in a vacuum.

#1495 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

My TWDLE built in Nov '14 has little dimples all over the magnet cores. I don't think it's a big deal.

IMG_20170117_074733819 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170117_074725039 (resized).jpg

#1496 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

My TWDLE built in Nov '14 has little dimples all over the magnet cores. I don't think it's a big deal.

I agree... I don't think the dimpling is a deal to worry about. There's plenty of pictures of BW playfield with dimples. These games have steel balls being thrown around at high velocity. It's going to happen.

What IS a concern is clear coat chipping off and separation of the clear coat from the playfield. That shouldn't be happening on week 2.

#1497 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's not. But the BM66 cores look actually worse after two weeks compared to your two YEAR game.

Maybe it was so rushed they didn't care about PF angles and geometry so constant airballs are the norm? Don't know - haven't played it.

#1498 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I was leaving the cost of the game out of the equation. Everybody here already knows I think the price is insane. I've spent 8k on a brand new game, and I remember the overall feeling that it was too much for me to have tied up in one game. And this one was 15k... I was only saying what I thought of the game when I was standing at the flippers actually playing it. And when I do that, I base it on how I feel playing. It doesn't go deep on rules, it ignores cost, it's just how I feel. I'm sure part of it was the fact that I knew I was playing a rare game, but I've played very rare games and didn't enjoy them. For this one though, I enjoyed it. If there was a Pro, and it was priced like a Pro, and if Stern wasn't having big QC issues, I probably would have bought one. It hits my nostalgia buttons. Great theme for someone like me. But unfortunately I can't always play pinball in a vacuum.

That' fair. I guess I'm really in the same boat. Decided to buy it after playing a few games on location. Knew it was really early code but thought it would be worth the investment. Part of the problem, I'm sure, is I'm not even a Batman guy but did enjoy owning #batman-the-dark-knight. So, the theme doesn't help me overlook for rationalize some things. That's on me. So, I guess, for me, this game is "fun to play" as long as somebody else is paying for it. Haha. Oh, well. I still support Stern and think they make some damn fun games. Hope that they do whatever they need to keep home purchasing owners happy. We all need Stern to continue making games.

#1499 1 year ago

Anybody want to actually play this thing before forming an opinion?

Brooklyn, New York, Jan 2017:
Berg'n Bar out in (cobble hill? Slope? I get confused) has a sparkling new Batman SUPER DUPER LE on location, along with Tron LE and a couple other games. Here's a chance for you kids to go play what your parents only read about in comic books.

Duh nun nuh nun nun nun BATMAN!

Will you hate it as much as you did before you actually played it? Will you love it as much as you did when you preordered it based on a flyer?

Now's your chance to find out!!!

Same Brooklyn Bar
Same Brooklyn Subway Line (F)

BATMAN!

#1500 1 year ago
Quoted from Manic:

It's not. But the BM66 cores look actually worse after two weeks compared to your two YEAR game.
Maybe it was so rushed they didn't care about PF angles and geometry so constant airballs are the norm? Don't know - haven't played it.

It has WAY less airballs than a stock Ghostbusters. Lots of dead shots, but not a ton of airballs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 2335 posts in topic. You are on page 30 of 47.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 275 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside