Topic Stats

• 2,344 posts
  • 281 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Samuel (resized).jpg
Backglass (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg
cardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpg
They-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpg
5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 47.
#101 1 year ago

All you need to know is
LYMAN=BATMAN 66

#102 1 year ago

for all the guys who've ordered it I hope its great. But honest first reaction to the pics and video was "meh" It looks okay, but definitely didn't make me want to go buy it at that inflated price tag.

And to be fair, I've kind of felt the same way about Dialed In (and I LOVE my WozLe and Smaug)

Its a shame that these companies continue to hike up their prices. I know I'm not alone when I say I have a hard time imagining ever buying a NIB pin again.

#103 1 year ago

I played dialed in and hobbit is jacks best game to date. Did not get to play batman yet but there is no way you can tell from that video but the toy looks amazing in batman and I belive in LYMAN

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

for all the guys who've ordered it I hope its great. But honest first reaction to the pics and video was "meh" It looks okay, but definitely didn't make me want to go buy it at that inflated price tag.
And to be fair, I've kind of felt the same way about Dialed In (and I LOVE my WozLe and Smaug)
Its a shame that these companies continue to hike up their prices. I know I'm not alone when I say I have a hard time imagining ever buying a NIB pin again.

For the people who keep saying this...what exactly would you have to have seen in this short, cut video to make you "run out and order one?"

I mean, what were you expecting? It's a modern pinball machine, based on batman. Based upon the clip, it appears to deliver.

#105 1 year ago

The link to the video isn't working- is there somewhere else to view it?

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from denmark71:

The link to the video isn't working- is there somewhere else to view it?

Go to Sterns Facebook page, even if you don't have Facebook you can access it through a Google search its how I have viewed it and shown a couple friends.

EDIT: Here you go https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/ 2nd post down.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

.what exactly would you have to have seen in this short, cut video to make you "run out and order one?"

There really just doesn't look like there's much to shoot at, or any speed or fast action, excitement and flow. The spinning thing is slow and clunky looking, takes up a lot of space, there's toys that are out of scale with the rest of the art & package like the small bat mobile underneath the larger TV on the wheel thing. How is a TV larger than a bat mobile and a crane? And the TV looks just like the umpteen other TV mods I can throw on virtually any other game. These are the kinds of details that make a game go above and beyond, something I'm not seeing here, especially considering the price hike. It just looked a little dark, slow, tired, and half baked and a lot like a game I've already seen and wasn't into before.

But that's just me. I'm sure my tastes are different than others and I'm not here to rip on anyone who wants the game. Stern makes decent games that are fun, this one looks to be both, but there's other Sterns I'd rather have.

#108 1 year ago

mods can't we merge this whinging thread into the other one?

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

There really just doesn't look like there's much to shoot at, or any speed or fast action, excitement and flow. The spinning thing is slow and clunky looking, takes up a lot of space, there's toys that are out of scale with the rest of the art & package like the small bat mobile underneath the larger TV on the wheel thing. How is a TV larger than a bat mobile? These are the kinds of details that make a game go above and beyond, something I'm not seeing here, especially considering the price hike. It just looked a little dark, slow, tired, and half baked and a lot like a game I've already seen and wasn't into before.

How can you a judge a game before playing it and from that one video;
For example
I was dying to play dialed in and it left me feeling blah and bob the builder on a stick; wanted to love it but hobbit is light years better. I'd wait to judge it till you play it; that toy looks way cool and very innovative and differnt and not to mention the crane which is already awesome

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

There really just doesn't look like there's much to shoot at, or any speed or fast action, excitement and flow. The spinning thing is slow and clunky looking, takes up a lot of space, there's toys that are out of scale with the rest of the art & package like the small bat mobile underneath the larger TV on the wheel thing. How is a TV larger than a bat mobile? These are the kinds of details that make a game go above and beyond, something I'm not seeing here, especially considering the price hike. It just looked a little dark, slow, tired, and half baked and a lot like a game I've already seen and wasn't into before.

I couldn't have said it better. Just seemed like sparse shooting wise, didn't look fast, just nothing that got me going. But I realize its not fair to make a slam dunk statement about a pin until you PLAY it.

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

All you need to know is
LYMAN=BATMAN 66

66 is the # of day's Derek will own before he put's up for sale.

#112 1 year ago

In the end, it's just a pinball machine. It's not going to grow wings and fly. It's not going to cure cancer. Like every other pinball machine, you hit a ball with two or more flippers and stuff happens. I don't believe that it is possible for a pinball machine to outperform these expectations.

When people are paying so much for a game that they expect it to do something other than pins do, maybe that's the definition of a true price ceiling.

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Scale is something that bugs me at times but the fact the 3 way toy spins around and the TV is on one face and the Batmobile/Batcave are on another makes it work as you never truly see the two together, if the TV was permanently fixed next to the Batmobile I would agree the scale would be way off and definitely bug my OCD but as it is at the moment with the faces/scenes being independent from each other it works.

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

In the end, it's just a pinball machine. It's not going to grow wings and fly. It's not going to cure cancer. Like every other pinball machine, you hit a ball with two or flippers and stuff happens. I don't believe that it is possible for a pinball machine to outperform these expectations.
When people are paying so much for a game that they expect it to do something other than pins do, maybe that's the definition of a true price ceiling.

The issue here is that people like barakawhines who AREN'T spending any money at all aren't having the game meet their expectations.

How is it even possible for people who are spending $0 on a game to have expectations that aren't being met? So far all the actual buyers seem pretty jazzed.

#115 1 year ago

Looks like a great game, over $10K great? No frickin way!

#116 1 year ago

Reading all the posts and having no information about the game for months combined with an outrageous price was enough for me to bag out on the SLE. Then for some weird reason I was starting to feel like I made a mistake by reading too much into these posts and bailing out on the SLE. Now that I have actually seen some game play video I'm feeling much better about saying "Thanks, but no thanks". Maybe once they update the code like they did with GB to 1.11 it will transform the game. I'm willing to give the game a shot, however I will wait until I can physically see and touch the game in person and even then spending that kind of money on an incomplete base model probably won't happen especially with an incomplete KISS sitting at home.

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Looks like a great game, over $10K great? No frickin way!

Price of a pin is like the price of anything else its worth what its worth to the person buying it. What is worth X & Y to one person is not worth X & Y to another, that's why having all the choices from the used market & all the NIBs options we have in the hobby at present is so good, hopefully there is something for everyone.

#118 1 year ago

Just my opinion but I wish Stern would have done more to "embrace" the theme. IOW, there is no batcave. Since I grew up while this show was on the air, I also realize how the whole deal was here and gone so quickly. But there are some parts that are so easily recognizable and should have been included besides a batmobile and the red phone.

I'm reserving total judgement until the entire program is finished.

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

All you need to know is
LYMAN=BATMAN 66

IMO I'd still wait until the code is complete. Lyman is also on WWE and that game is not a winner. For all I can tell BM66 = WWE

#120 1 year ago

WWE is all Waison and not LYMAN he helped towards the end that was it

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

doesn't look like there's much to shoot at

Quoted from sevenrites:

there's toys that are out of scale

WTF 7 main shots on both BM and DI

Out off scale like the phone and women in DI

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The issue here is that people like barakawhines who AREN'T spending any money at all aren't having the game meet their expectations.
How is it even possible for people who are spending $0 on a game to have expectations that aren't being met? So far all the actual buyers seem pretty jazzed.

You said it in another post, "pettiness and jealousy" for the most part. It's running rampant this time of year!

I'll go with what Gomez and Lyman say here until proven otherwise. I give them the benefit of the doubt as to what they say about the flow, re working the game and how it plays now, NOT some of the petty and jealous Pinside whiner brigade complaining about a video and price.

Merry xmas whiners! Lumps of coal for you in your stockings.

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

How can you a judge a game before playing it and from that one video;
For example
I was dying to play dialed in and it left me feeling blah and bob the builder on a stick; wanted to love it but hobbit is light years better. I'd wait to judge it till you play it; that toy looks way cool and very innovative and differnt and not to mention the crane which is already awesome

You can't judge it now and Sevenrites is a Stern hater, look at his collection, owned in past and wishlist.

While bashing Stern over price here, he's raving about the DI CE in that thread.

#125 1 year ago

All I know is that anybody claiming that The Hobbit is the best JJP game has opinions that are beyond suspect...

#126 1 year ago

I'm buying one just so I can get my name in the Gotham City Times...for drunk-in-public+nudity!

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

WTF are you talking about there are 7 main shots on BM same as in Dialed in.

If you include the 3 faces of the spinning toy I make it 9.

Left orbit,
Face 1: Batphone & Lock
Face 2: Batmobile/Batcave Spinner
Face 3: Villain TV & Magnet
(shot location might be the same but with one face using a magnet, another a lock and another a spinner leading to the orbits, I would say if the shots return the ball to the flippers differently they are different shots imo)
Ramp 1
Ramp 2
Spinner into pops
VUK
Right Orbit
(then you have the crane, which requires shots/hits & depending on its programmed behaviour which was cool in BDK) constantly moving, moving to shot locations blocking all the shots above)

There is more than enough shots in the game, Lyman just needs time on the code to bring it all together, just like he did with TWD which everyone bitched about upon first impressions and now everyone raves about it and is possibly Sterns greatest game from a code perspective.

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

If you include the 3 faces of the spinning toy I make it 9.
Left orbit,
Face 1: Batphone & Lock
Face 2: Batmobile/Batcave Spinner
Face 3: Villain TV & Magnet
(shot location might be the same but with one face using a magnet, another a lock and another a spinner leading to the orbits, I would say if the shots return the ball to the flippers differently they are different shots imo)
Ramp 1
Ramp 2
Spinner into pops
VUK
Right Orbit
(then you have the crane, which requires shots/hits & depending on its programmed behaviour which was cool in BDK) constantly moving, moving to shot locations blocking all the shots above)
There is more than enough shots in the game, Lyman just needs time on the code to bring it all together, just like he did with TWD which everyone bitched about upon first impressions and now everyone raves about it and is possibly Sterns greatest game from a code perspective.

I counted the toy as one shot

#129 1 year ago

Yeah that toy has like 3 different shots on each face of it so that is like 9 shots alone right there not to mention it has 4 total faces but one is only used for ball locks the others are all interactive with the game

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

There really just doesn't look like there's much to shoot at, or any speed or fast action, excitement and flow. The spinning thing is slow and clunky looking, takes up a lot of space, there's toys that are out of scale with the rest of the art & package like the small bat mobile underneath the larger TV on the wheel thing. How is a TV larger than a bat mobile and a crane? And the TV looks just like the umpteen other TV mods I can throw on virtually any other game. These are the kinds of details that make a game go above and beyond, something I'm not seeing here, especially considering the price hike. It just looked a little dark, slow, tired, and half baked and a lot like a game I've already seen and wasn't into before.
But that's just me. I'm sure my tastes are different than others and I'm not here to rip on anyone who wants the game. Stern makes decent games that are fun, this one looks to be both, but there's other Sterns I'd rather have.

You got all that out of those brief clips?

I hope you are working forsencs or you are doing the law enforcement community a grave disservice.

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Merry xmas whiners! Lumps of coal for you in your stockings.

Xmas has arrived early in pinsideland.

coal-in-christmas-stocking (resized).jpg

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

IMO I'd still wait until the code is complete. Lyman is also on WWE and that game is not a winner. For all I can tell BM66 = WWE

Lyman did what he could do given the demands of the designer and the constrictions of the playfield. And it is MUCH improved due to his late work on it.

And are we really counting shots now?! High speed has like shots and it's awesome.

#133 1 year ago

Game looks awesome to me - especially when compared to offerings from their competition.

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Just my opinion but I wish Stern would have done more to "embrace" the theme. IOW, there is no batcave. Since I grew up while this show was on the air, I also realize how the whole deal was here and gone so quickly. But there are some parts that are so easily recognizable and should have been included besides a batmobile and the red phone.
I'm reserving total judgement until the entire program is finished.

I think you are the only one who has commented that this game doesnt embrace the theme very well. Pretty much everyone (including those complaing about price or its just BDK rehash) have said the theme integration is one of the best ever. It just nails it for the art package and based in the teaser vid the music is spot on as well as the narrator voice.

Maybe you didnt look at the pics closely but the main face of the rotating toy is the actual batcave. The batmobile is on a turntable just like it is on the show. On either side of the batmobile are two computers with lighting effects that look just like the computers in the TV batcave. On top if it all us the glowing neon nuclear pile designed to look like the reactor in the TV show batcave. If you want the batpoles there are on the playfield fown by the outlanes.

Not sure what iconic scenes or props from the show you think are missing from the game?

#135 1 year ago

Can someone explain to me how the crane comes into play with the '66 series? I don't remember seeing it in any episodes.

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Can someone explain to me how the crane comes into play with the '66 series? I don't remember seeing it in any episodes.

:zzz:Jonathan Crane the Scarecrow

#137 1 year ago

My first impression from the video is that the game looks pretty good. Looking forward to playing it and seeing how it develops.

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Jonathan Crane the Scarecrow

What does that character have to do with an actual crane? I'm still not seeing the resemblance. Does he morph into a crane in the series or something?

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Simple all the JJP fanboys would accuse stern of cost cutting if they removed the one bash toy.Can you explain to me what a oversized women has to do with a powerful cell phone and a city in disaster.

#140 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It never made much sense in BDK other than word play on the scarecrows family name, but when a toy is as fun to shoot as the crane who cares its an awesome toy!

I would rather have a toy that's fun to shoot with ball interaction that's stretching the theme and using a little creative imagination, than a toy that's designed around the theme that sucks - WWE's ring, its perfect based on the theme but not that much fun to shoot.

#141 1 year ago

Don't forget the movie. That had the copter and boat. Hadda be a crane in there summerce.

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I would rather have a toy that's fun to shoot with ball interaction that's stretching the theme and using a little creative imagination

This makes sense to me, regardless of whether or not a real crane was part of the series. It's a different perspective I never considered.

I'm not ruling the game out until I play it. It wouldn't be fair. Plus it's not a finished product yet. The whole package w/ cabinet art & etc. looks good, the SLE looked real good. I'm sure it will be a hit, Stern produces a lot of great games that are fun to play. They don't all wow me instantly, some did, some take longer to click with me, some never have.

I'd say my favorites so far have been Metallica, Iron Man, LOTR, POTC, TSPP, STLE and I'm sure I'm missing a few others. I thought they knocked it out of the park with GB, too bad the play field issues are still there but that's resolvable. Because I thought GB was so good, maybe that's why I'm not feeling BM66 quite as much, because I thought GB would be hard to top.

#143 1 year ago

I'd say my favorites so far have been Metallica, Iron Man, LOTR, POTC, TSPP, STLE and I'm sure I'm missing a few others. I thought they knocked it out of the park with GB, too bad the play field issues are still there but that's resolvable. Because I thought GB was so good, maybe that's why I'm not feeling BM66 quite as much, because I thought GB would be hard to top.

GB is hard to top, a blast to play.

If Lyman can top TWD code BM66 should be great too. If only GB and TWD had the LCD.

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

File damaged. Won't open.
I tried downloading twice.
LTG : )

Hrm...worked fine for me. If you still can't get it, PM me and I'll send it to you.

#145 1 year ago

At least they brought the Data East ramps back

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Can someone explain to me how the crane comes into play with the '66 series?

Crane (resized).jpg

#147 1 year ago

Can someone explain to me why anybody gives a shit if there was a crane in the old tv show?

There wasn't one in the BDK movie yet we've all learned to live with that for the better part of a decade.

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If Lyman can top TWD code BM66 should be great too. If only GB and TWD had the LCD.

Nah, I'm good. Clips of The Walking Dead show would harm the art package. The Walking Dead has amazing dots. Nothing we've seen in an LCD comes close. GB will be right there when Color DMD hits.

I'm not a fan of all this clip show nonsense. No charm. No soul.

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can someone explain to me why anybody gives a shit if there was a crane in the old tv show?
There wasn't one in the BDK movie yet we've all learned to live with that for the better part of a decade.

You're exactly right.
Who cares as long as its fun.

That being said I think it fits the style of the show. The Penguin using a construction company as some kind of front with the name K. G. BIRD. Thats the name he uses in the show for a fake company. In one on the TV episodes he wrecks havoc in Gotham with a giant tank. In another he used a gigantic unbrella to foil batman. In the 66 movie he has a full sized nuclear sub. He just loves big heavy machinery.

He's there to mess with you via the crane. Love the little plastic on it that shows him driving the it. I think the crane fits the theme better here than it did with the BDK.

I also like how each of main villians has there own sets of shots, Joker gets the magnet, Riddler gets the orbits, Catwoman gets the ramps, and Penguin gets the crane.

batman78 (resized).jpg
untitled-31 (resized).jpg
batman-fine-feathered-finks-04 (resized).jpg

#150 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

For the people who keep saying this...what exactly would you have to have seen in this short, cut video to make you "run out and order one?"
I mean, what were you expecting? It's a modern pinball machine, based on batman. Based upon the clip, it appears to deliver.

You really need to change your name to ReasonableLevi.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, NE
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Thomas Township, MI
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside