By Barakawins1

1 year ago

Stats

• 2,335 posts
  • 281 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Samuel (resized).jpg
Backglass (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg
cardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpg
They-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpg
5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2335 posts in topic. You are on page 25 of 47.
#1201 1 year ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

YES!
Not only is she a smart, sexy, Librarian, she kicks ass as well!
Was literally the reason I was getting a premium in the first place!
*shakes library card clinched fist*

I suspect the two librarians in my family agree.

#1202 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Some of the problems being found on the SLEs are mind boggling given the absurd premium pricing.

The problems on $5k-$7k games on Sterns has always been mindboggling. Even more mindboggling is anyone spending $10k-$15k on a Stern and expecting the quality to be any different than the past.

#1203 1 year ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

This reads to me like you're saying that you thoughtfully compose your every post on Pinside, while I just drool and bash against the keyboard and fling my dung all over your carefully worded missives. Am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong. You are wrong because you are then trying to insinuate that if I say something about myself, it means that I am saying the exact opposite about you. It really sounds like you are taking everything that anybody says near you as an attack against you. If that was what you read in my words, there is nothing I could type that would convince you of anything else.

#1204 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Even more mindboggling is anyone spending $10k-$15k on a Stern and expecting the quality to be any different than the past.

True, but it's possible that (a) buyer's aren't aware of past problems or (b) have a reasonable expectation that Stern would correct quality issue from game to game (code notwithstanding).

#1205 1 year ago
Quoted from zeddex:

There is certainly no 'subject to change' anywhere on the current Stern product page.

It is always there!

** subject to adjustment ** in the case of BM66.

I like the game, just as I like what I've seen from the Aerosmith pin. But this BM66 artwork switch obviously comes from the same marketing genius that gave us "the glorious video application".
"Oh, the LEs are limited and all sold. We want to sell more BM66 but the Premium has repetitive Artwork - let's see now, how could we solve this and boost Premium sales...?"
Guess I'm very sensitive or just to old for ultra-agressive, disrespectful marketing.

That said, Aerosmith Pro is almost 6.900USD, Prem 9.500USD in EU. Another questionable marketing decision.

I wish Stern would not constantly give us new reasons to bitch about them, instead they're really asking for it.

PastedGraphic-1 (resized).jpg

#1206 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

True, but it's possible that (a) buyer's aren't aware of past problems or (b) have a reasonable expectation that Stern would correct quality issue from game to game (code notwithstanding).

True, I don't expect every buyer to be a hardcore hobbyist....but I think it's safe to say since Batman was marketed toward hardcore hobbyists....many people who bought one knew the drill. They knew the problems with GB playfields as they placed their orders.

#1207 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I have a GB pro in my house at the moment and am warming to it

Wait! what!

#1208 1 year ago

These arguments are so funny.

Yes Stern can make changes... like the VUK change on ST.. but at least MAKE IT KNOWN.

The problem... yet again... is Stern's horrible approach towards customer engagement and communications.

Since Stern doesn't tell anyone anything.. people are left to speculate and wonder if the factory screwed up, will some be one or the other, or was it an intentional change.

It would take 5 mins to OWN UP TO THE CHANGE and communicate it to the customer base.

You guys spend 3 pages arguing about the bits and parts.. and miss what actually drives satisfaction or not.

#1209 1 year ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Wait! what!

Stern gave it to him as a loaner to get some good press on it!

#1210 1 year ago
Quoted from clg:

That's a brave move by Stern

#1211 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Yes, you are wrong. You are wrong because you are then trying to insinuate that if I say something about myself, it means that I am saying the exact opposite about you. It really sounds like you are taking everything that anybody says near you as an attack against you. If that was what you read in my words, there is nothing I could type that would convince you of anything else.

Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not out to get you.

I guess my reasoning is, you brought that up while in conversation with me directly, so I figured you MUST be referring to me. If you say that I'm wrong, okay, but if this was real life, that would be... weird.

Anyways, there might be an arguement to be had that I'm too sensitive, and yet? I'm not the one ignoring anyone on here. And it's funny because I'm pretty sure I saw ScaredHero at AYCE Gogi and even talked to him. Too bad we don't have that Black Mirror technology to block meanies IRL!

#1212 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I suspect the two librarians in my family agree.

Mine too,
Also one of the reasons there's a GBP in the house!

#1213 1 year ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Wait! what!

Quoted from clg:

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

That's a brave move by Stern

I am man enough to take on my demons head on.

Thought I better learn how to play the f****n thing before I meet one in a big competiton.

Seem to have got the gist of it ...

rd

IMG_4106 (resized).JPG

#1214 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

True, I don't expect every buyer to be a hardcore hobbyist....but I think it's safe to say since Batman was marketed toward hardcore hobbyists....many people who bought one knew the drill. They knew the problems with GB playfields as they placed their orders.

Actually, I didn't know about the GB problems until after I committed to a BM66LE, but I've not been following things closely the last year or so. It's fair to say I should have known, but Stern can't afford to piss off the hardcore hobbiests. The one time casual homebuyers aren't going sustain the market.

For me it's simple - if I have any long term issues with BM66 that don't get resolved, I'm not going to buy another Stern game NIB. Period. Burn me once - shame on Stern. Be stupid enough to try again expecting different results - shame on me.

#1215 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Actually, I didn't know about the GB problems until after I committed to a BM66LE, but I've not been following things closely the last year or so.

What about the unfinished code on the last ton of games? Off your radar?

#1216 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Other than STLE, yes. Didn't play them enough to care. I was disappointed in ST code until Dwight did his thing. I'd line to see a final cleanup, but don't expect one.

#1217 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The last two games, GOT and GB, shipped with finished code. Are there some tweaks some players want? Sure, but the code is finished. Not like it's .60 or something.... oh wait.

#1218 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The last two games, GOT and GB, shipped with finished code. Are there some tweaks some players want? Sure, but the code is finished. Not like it's .60 or something.... oh wait.

GOT was not quite finished when shipped but it was very soon after, and from what I understand of GB it appears to be in that same category.

Mustang is another example of a pin that had finished code very soon after shipping.

Like you said, all of these could still have used some more tweaking for sure, but nothing of significance was missing.

The funny thing is that Lyman coded pins are the ones that take the longest time to complete code wise. Worth the wait vs going with one of the other coders? Probably!

#1219 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

$7500 for a Batman premium is still as good a deal as any in pinball right now, right?
It's gonna rule! Have you seen that LCD screen?

Alien is only $6300-6500.

#1220 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

...and currently doesn't exist and won't be shipping any time soon.

Say what you will about Batman and it's baby beta code....you can send a check and have one now.

#1221 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

$6k is your limit Neo. Don't give in

#1222 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Go say that in the Alien thread like I did and wait for the thumbs downs to fly!

#1223 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Say what you will about Batman and it's baby beta code....you can send a check and have one now.

What's the new target date? The original late 2016 has come and gone...

#1224 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

Go say that in the Alien thread like I did and wait for the thumbs downs to fly!

It was brought up in a Batman thread so I'm saying in a Batman thread. Not gonna go over there and poke the bear too much...it's up to the people who've spent money on the game to push for the truth.

Quoted from vireland:

What's the new target date? The original late 2016 has come and gone...

Original date was April 2015 lol

#1225 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It was brought up in a Batman thread so I'm saying in a Batman thread. Not gonna go over there and poke the bear too much...it's up to the people who've spent money on the game to push for the truth.

I hear ya! I just wish that there was a little more acceptance of more critical discussion/questioning/suspicion than there is in that (and similar) threads involving pre-orders.

#1226 1 year ago

Bat66 premium arrived today. Play is pretty damn fun so far. Code update is scheduled for tomorrow pending tonight's testing results. More call outs from the Big Bat please!

#1227 1 year ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Bat66 premium arrived today. Play is pretty damn fun so far. Code update is scheduled for tomorrow pending tonight's testing results. More call outs from the Big Bat please!

Batman & Robin on the back box? Any news on premium topper? Your the first person I know that's received a premium unless I missed someone else good news post above.

Congrats on receiving your game, enjoy

#1228 1 year ago

102 games so far on my game. Personally around 40 games for me. Finally cracked 500MM.

Link to my review, comments over in the official club thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/9#post-3531665

20170109_222317 (resized).jpg

#1229 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Seem to have got the gist of it ...

I'll say RD ...holy toldeo! Nice score!!

#1230 1 year ago

Yes, Batman and Robin on back box sides. No info on premium topper to report. Plays great, no magnet level issues, put on the plastic protectors and a coat of wax and went at it. Best score in 5 games was 74 mill and change. Love it already and when more code and call outs arrive, BAM! SOCKO! ZAP! BIFF! It's gonna knock you out!

#1231 1 year ago

Played more pinball last night than I have in years. Batman 66 is really fun. I'm hooked. I will be buying one to go on route. It's too good to not share with the local pinheads!

#1232 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballCompany:

Played more pinball last night than I have in years. Batman 66 is really fun. I'm hooked. I will be buying one to go on route. It's too good to not share with the local pinheads!

I have one myself and all the haters on here should stop hating and play one before they judge it at all.

#1233 1 year ago

I like Stern.

#1234 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

I have one myself and all the haters on here should stop hating and play one before they judge it at all.

IMG_0517 (resized).JPG

#1235 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Is it hate? ...oooor properly judging and criticizing an expensive game with early early code?

#1236 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is it hate? ...oooor properly judging and criticizing an expensive game with early early code?

There is some of that for sure there's been some really interesting positives and negatives from people who have got a chance to put some one on a BM66, however there are a few who keep saying the same old stuff over and over again and take any opportunity to put the game and owners down.

Works both ways if someone loves a game I like reading why just as much as reading why someone hates a game, just trashing a game over and over without any real justification is lame and there seems to be more with this title than any other previous Stern release.

#1237 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

There is some of that for sure there's been some really interesting positives and negatives from people who have got a chance to put some one on a BM66, however there are a few who keep saying the same old stuff over and over again and take any opportunity to put the game and owners down.
Works both ways if someone loves a game I like reading why just as much as reading why someone hates a game, just trashing a game over and over without any real justification is lame and there seems to be more with this title than any other previous Stern release.

I do agree with your post except I'm not sure it's exclusive to this title. The sticker shock is hard for people to swallow, and added incentive to be hypercritical (rightfully so) on this one. This is truly a "forest for the trees" view imho, as it's still Sterns first LCD (dual, actually), 30th anniversary pin, etc. Doesn't justify the tag, but can help define the rational, to a degree.

People bashed the shit out of WOZ for late delivery, poor theme, etc. for YEARS...end of the day, many of those bashers own one, and realize how cool the pin is. On the other side, many fanboys abandoned after endlessly defending the title.

I think this applies across the board....don't take any of it too seriously..I don't. It's just bandwidth (sometimes useless).

This IS a special pin, and with polish and tweaks will be sought after by many (not all, no title is) pinheads.....fact.

#1238 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

You don't see the justification over previous titles? Really?

Hint:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

#1239 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

People's opinions doesn't bother me and no pinball machine is gonna be liked by everyone, not even TWD, MET, AC/DC or whatever. Everybody doesn't like Covettes, Lambos, and Porsche either and that's ok. Rarehero did cross that line a little though when he called Ghostbusters Goatf*ckers. That kinda pissed me off I won't lie!

#1240 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

People's opinions doesn't bother me and no pinball machine is gonna be liked by everyone, not even TWD, MET, AC/DC or whatever. Everybody doesn't like Covettes, Lambos, and Porsche either and that's ok. Rarehero did cross that line a little though when he called Ghostbusters Goatf*ckers. That kinda pissed me off I won't lie!

Damn, it was just a joke...I was actually calling it that when I still had it on pre-order. It makes me laugh.

#1241 1 year ago

Would anyone have a list of all the gadgets from the bat 1966 Tv series available for viewing please ?

I have a list to choose from.

Thanks !

#1242 1 year ago
Quoted from extendo:

Would anyone have a list of all the gadgets from the bat 1966 Tv series available for viewing please ?
Thanks !

http://adamwest.tripod.com/equip.htm

#1243 1 year ago
Quoted from extendo:

Thanks !

Visit here for a good list of bat gadgets. I did not copy it here because it covers so many gadgets.

#1244 1 year ago
Quoted from extendo:

Thanks !

Bat gadget # 284....... Bat Pole. Bitches gotta earn some how

6824fcc83fc3208ffd2bda5900bd4dda (resized).jpg

#1245 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Quoted from chucksmith:

Visit here for a good list of bat gadgets. I did not copy it here because it covers so many gadgets.

Thank you very much, my distro gave me a list of numbers in which I will need to figure out which gadget is which. Would you think that the gadgets are listed from 1 thru to the end in sequence ?

#1246 1 year ago
Quoted from extendo:

Thanks !

Which ones can you choose from?

#1247 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Damn, it was just a joke...I was actually calling it that when I still had it on pre-order. It makes me laugh.

Yeah it was all funny until you made every GB owner out there cry!

I don't agree with your opinion on it but trust me I laughed my Azz off also lol. That was a pretty classic post.

#1248 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Which ones can you choose from?

EP's - 18,16,20,11

Gadgets - 8,9,10,12,13,14,11,22,23,17,19,21

Thank you.

#1249 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah it was all funny until you made every GB owner out there cry!

Aw, it's never my intent to make GB owners cry. The GAME is already doing that! OOoOOoooOOOOooooOoooOOOOOooooOOooooOooooH!

#1250 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Bat gadget # 284....... Bat Pole. Bitches gotta earn some how

Notice that batman's pole is bigger than robins. Its like that on the game to.

batpoles (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, NE
There are 2335 posts in topic. You are on page 25 of 47.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 368 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside