Topic Stats

• 2,344 posts
  • 281 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Samuel (resized).jpg
Backglass (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg
cardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpg
They-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpg
5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 47.
#1151 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That is a great picture of the flyer. Could you move the camera down just a speck to get the part that says "game subject to change"? It's only a fraction of an inch below where you cropped it out. They have it right below the logos.

Yep, I took the photo deliberately so that was cut out....

I honestly dont give a shit. But thanks for the compliments on my photography.

#1152 1 year ago

I guess I'm taking back that invitation for Rarehero to come play my GBP just as a precaution.
I'd hate for my sweet baby to get infected by some weird "Goatf*kers" virus that's making the local rounds.

#1153 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

"game subject to change"

This happens all the time with new games. Go look at their Star Trek flyer, it still shows the original design for the VUK to Warp lane. Which is far more of a feature than backbox decals.

#1154 1 year ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I guess I'm taking back that invitation for Rarehero to come play my GBP just as a precaution.
I'd hate for my sweet baby to get infected by some weird "Goatf*kers" virus that's making the local rounds.

You've seen the virus. You've applied your Nimblemeds to treat the symptoms.....but are they the CURE!?!?

#1155 1 year ago

They should make LEs to where you can choose from the available translites and cab decals.

#1156 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

This happens all the time with new games. Go look at their Star Trek flyer, it still shows the original design for the VUK to Warp lane. Which is far more of a feature than backbox decals.

That was obviously a deliberate change. The decals just appear to be a f*ck up at the factory. In any case you are right, its really not a big deal.....unless you're the one responsible for the Stern assembly line.

As long as they dont mix up my LE batwing armour with the premium armour, im OK.

Oh yeah, it's "subject to change". So I shouldnt be upset if I get the Premium armour on my LE instead?

#1157 1 year ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I tell ya, if he called my favorite pin Goatf*ckers I probably wouldn't let him come over either. What a rotten thing to say!

#1158 1 year ago

Sorry Rare,
My collection of "the CURE", says "best before 1984."

IMG_4576 (resized).JPG

#1159 1 year ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Sorry Rare,
My collection of "the CURE", says "best before 1984."

Damn, back when they were fronted by John Cusack! Drip drip drip drip drip...

Quoted from DaveH:

I think about what I say and I'm not trying to sit here behind a keyboard and push your buttons.

This reads to me like you're saying that you thoughtfully compose your every post on Pinside, while I just drool and bash against the keyboard and fling my dung all over your carefully worded missives. Am I wrong?

#1160 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I tell ya, if he called my favorite pin Goatf*ckers I probably wouldn't let him come over either. What a rotten thing to say!

We've called each other worse. it's all peace & love, baby!

#1161 1 year ago

yeah, unless someone hurts your feelings

i know he's not reading this but i don't care

#1162 1 year ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Damn, back when they were fronted by John Cusack! Drip drip drip drip drip...

This reads to me like you're saying that you thoughtfully compose your every post on Pinside, while I just drool and bash against the keyboard and fling my dung all over your carefully worded missives. Am I wrong?

Easy man. Visit the Canabis thread and chill.

#1163 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We've called each other worse. it's all peace & love, baby!

I'm playing GOT right now and I've been calling it Goatf*ckers! This game pisses me off far worse than Ghostbusters does!

#1164 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Easy man. Visit the Canabis thread and chill.

Oh, I'm already zooted dude. Purple Monkey Balls.

I still am curious to know if I'm understanding Mr. Good Guy or not. If I'm not, then.. color me chagrined. If I am..

#1165 1 year ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Oh, I'm already zooted dude. Purple Monkey Balls.
I still am curious to know if I'm understanding Mr. Good Guy or not. If I'm not, then.. color me chagrined. If I am..

I didn't get the impression DaveH was putting you down, just defending his position. I also disagree with your groupthink accusations. Certain types of players often prefer similar games. I'm not a big fan of Rob Zombie either , and like/dislike a lot of games that Rarehero does. Of course, I dismiss his love of FG due to his bias. FG sucks.

#1166 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I didn't get the impression he was putting you down, just defending his position. I also disagree with your groupthink accusations. Certain types of players often prefer similar games. I'm not a big fan of Rob Zombie either, and like/dislike a lot of games that Rarehero does. Of course, I dismiss his love of FG due to his bias. Ft sucks.

Perhaps. I don't know, when people come out of the woodwork to reflect upon the musings of Rarehero while at the same time telling me I'm a martyr for expressing my opinion... it seems kind of a bit on the put down tip. (Did I mention I had some purple monkey balls?)

I definitely think there's a groupthink going on here. Dialed In was absolute shit when it was revealed; then one of the PBC played it and said "oh it's a good game!" and now people who haven't played it are all in. At the same time, Rob Zombie was the most anticipated title at one point, then one of the rad PBC dudes played it, didn't like it, publicly said so, and now the tide is turning.

Not trying to argue with you but I respectfully disagree. So many people are trying to be cool on Pinside - and heck, the rest of the internet - nobody wants to have the unpopular opinion. Remember, someone said "oh I see why you blocked [Cornelius]" only because I had a difference of opinion. The weakest of all sauces.

#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What a rotten thing to say!

That's nothing.
You should hear his banter on X-Men.

Quoted from Cornelius:

Damn, back when they were fronted by John Cusack!

Yeah if you squint a bit I'd say you're on to something.
Robert's early Cult Hero stuff is pretty good and most of the B-Sides/studio demos from those early days are just pure gold. Shame most people didn't get to hear them until fairly recently (04'?) when the remastered dual discs started coming out.
But I digress... we were talking about Batman right? Or was it Goatf*ckers?

Either way, both games will end up being solid classics soon enough and I will look back at these types of threads/comments and just laugh.

Quoted from Cornelius:

The weakest of all sauces.

I believe they call that "mayo."
White people just can't get enough of it.

#1168 1 year ago

Well, I was at expo and really liked Dialed In from the first time I played it, Hated WOZ, luke warm on Hobbitt. Didn't warm up to RZ after 10 or so games, unimpressed with BM66 as it stands, disappointed in GB for the reasons RareHero states. These are my opinions, and I don't care who agrees or disagrees with them. I'm a decent enough player to have valid opinions on the pins I have played.

#1169 1 year ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

nobody wants to have the unpopular opinion. Remember, someone said "oh I see why you blocked [Cornelius]" only because I had a difference of opinion. The weakest of all sauces.

Or they might have blocked you because when people disagree with your opinion, you tend to take it as a personal attack against your character, and then you lash out in kind with personal attacks against their character.

#1170 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Or they might have blocked you because when people disagree with your opinion, you tend to take it as a personal attack against your character, and then you lash out in kind with personal attacks against their character.

That might have been the case, sure.. but you can't say that RH hasn't trod rough shod over quite a few people's feelings here on Pinside. He's awful sensitive when anyone does it to him, though.. which, to me, is curious.

Anyways, whatever. Why put money into a machine you don't like?

#1171 1 year ago

There is certainly no 'subject to change' anywhere on the current Stern product page.

IMG_0891 (resized).PNG

#1172 1 year ago
Quoted from zeddex:

There is certainly no 'subject to change' anywhere on the current Stern product page.

Throughout the history of pinball, flyers have shown games that are slightly different than production models. This goes back to at least 1948 that I have seen.

#1173 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep. It is.

#1174 1 year ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

He's awful sensitive when anyone does it to him, though..

Not to make too many asssumptions but, I'm sure Rare's got thick enough skin by now.
Hopefully tempered/forged through good ol' stereotypical school/peer bullying of the 80's. lol

Raddest armor around! Comes in neon, G.I. Joe, or Hypercolor!
Wear it proudly under your favorite Members Only jacket while playing Goatf*ckers!

#1175 1 year ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

I've reached out to Stern by email but have not heard back yet.

Ring them. They are pretty slow when it comes to email but once you have them on the phone I have found them to be very helpful.

#1176 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Throughout the history of pinball, flyers have shown games that are slightly different than production models. This goes back to at least 1948 that I have seen.

well, this is the sales sheet for their pinball they are currently selling and shipping to consumers and businesses and if the art is incorrect, they are going to have to answer for it. This isn't six months out from shipping. Not mad, but Stern has set themselves up for more customer service smoothing out.....saying "these things always change" isn't going to be a well received answer.

EDIT: I also want to add - this isn't some trade show sales sheet from the 90s....where they sold a Dirty Harry pin to operators and no one gave a shit about side art one way or the other. This pinball was taylored specifically to the collectors market with pricey tiers broken down exclusively by the different art packages. Yea, it's going to matter.

#1177 1 year ago

Good point. BM66 was marketed to the collector specifically. Stern has been slow to adapt to the collectors demands, although they have reaped the benefits of the collector market.

#1178 1 year ago

Has anyone asked Stern about the decal switch? Is it intentional or a mistake?

#1179 1 year ago

"Shit happens"

IMG_7562.JPG

#1180 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Has anyone asked Stern about the decal switch? Is it intentional or a mistake?

I emailed my dealer and asked if the LE had Batgirl on both the translite and the backbox. The response: "Only on Backglass not on side decal. Just confirmed with Stern. Flyer is a mistake."

Now, that statement is a bit confusing because the question was prompted after seeing a Premium in the showroom with Batman and Robin on the sides and not Batgirl, while the flyer shows Batgirl on the sides.

I suspect Stern's comment that the flyer is a mistake refers to both the Premium and LE flyers, which would be the case if the backbox side art was swapped. If so, I'm happy about the change as I wanted the Batgirl art on the LE, but I'm sure many are upset that the actual art doesn't match what's depicted on the flyers. I'm guessing the parts department may process more orders for replacement side art then on a typical game.

If Batman and Robin is the correct Premium configuration, it should be easier for those with an LE to get their art to match the flyers than those with a Premium that want the Batgirl art.

#1181 1 year ago

I'm glad the LE buyers who paid more money than the PRE owners are happy that Batgirl is on the backbox. But as a PRE buyer who based part of my decision on what machine to purchase based on the art package I'm f**kin pissed off!!! I thought I was getting Batgirl. It's overkill on the PRE with B and R on every goddamn decal. I'm getting real sick of Stern's s**t!! When if ever will they get their s**t together?

#1182 1 year ago

I'm glad the LE buyers who paid more money than the PRE owners are happy that Batgirl is on the backbox. But as a PRE buyer who based part of my decision on what machine to purchase based on the art package I'm f**kin pissed off!!! I thought I was getting Batgirl. It's overkill on the PRE with B and R on every goddamn decal. I'm getting real sick of Stern's s**t!! When if ever will they get their s**t together?

It is a pretty big miss by Stern.

The Batgirl art was a deciding factor for me. If I was certain it was going to be on the Premium and not the LE I may have waited and just gotten a Premium later in the year. But I would have had to give up having an LE in hand.

I hope the dealers and Stern will work with Premium and LE buyers so everyone can end up with the backbox art they want, even if it's just providing replacement stickers.

#1183 1 year ago

Has anyone asked stern about replacement decals if they don't like the ones they got?

I think some people didn't like the GBLE apron decals on a premium since they were green themed and I think Stern replaced them for some people if they complained loud enough. I vaguely remember the brokentoken guys talking about it on their podcast.

#1184 1 year ago

I have no idea how to contact stern as I was banned from their FB page. And they don't answer their emails unless it's a tech related issue.

#1185 1 year ago

Go through your distributor, that's what they are for....

I have no idea how to contact stern as I was banned from their FB page. And they don't answer their emails unless it's a tech related issue.

#1186 1 year ago

Guys really is it THAT big a deal if Batgirl is not on your backbox decals? I can almost guarantee, for people with larger collections, if they were asked to name what is on the backbox decals of their games they wouldn't even be able to tell you without looking. I sure couldn't tell you what the hell is on most of mine, they get put between other games and never seen again. If that is anyone's deciding factor on buying a game you are spending $8K-$10K on some pretty expensive stickers, there is a pinball in between these amazing stickers. Get a poster of Batgirl and hang it next to your game, heck hang it above your bed if you are that into Batgirl.

FYI I am getting an LE and could care less what is on my backbox. I'm buying a Batman pinball, if it is Batman/Robin then sounds super like it fits the theme, if it's Batgirl then great she was not a huge part of the show from what I remember, maybe half a season? I'm a former comic geek as well and Batgirl is hardly an exciting thing in the comics either.

#1187 1 year ago

I played a bit of BM66 this weekend at a friends place. I thought it was pretty fun to shoot - but the code just seems like a random mess this point. Will be interesting to see how that changes over time.

I really don't understand the big sneeze guard on the left ramp. Why not make it an enclosed wireform to start instead? Does it need the springy forgiveness of the plastic to not reject? Weird.

#1188 1 year ago

When you're in a better mood simply call them at 1 800 kickers I think... you'll probably get Chas and he's the nicest guy you'll probably talk to all day. Just tell him your concerns and why you wanted the Prem and he'll most likely offer to send you the set you want to apply IF you decide to do it after you see your machine.

If he doesn't offer simply ask him if you'll be able to get a set as it means a lot to you... "if you don't ask you don't receive".

He's real easy to talk to - just give it a shot.

#1189 1 year ago

Has anyone received their game from Cointaker yet?

#1190 1 year ago
Quoted from pinjunky:

Has anyone received their game from Cointaker yet?

Not me, waiting on LE.

#1191 1 year ago

Still waiting for Gameroomguys to contact me for full payment on my LE!!! Nothing yet

#1192 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Has anyone asked stern about replacement decals if they don't like the ones they got?

It seems like this would be an easy solution.

#1193 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I played a bit of BM66 this weekend at a friends place. I thought it was pretty fun to shoot - but the code just seems like a random mess this point. Will be interesting to see how that changes over time.
I really don't understand the big sneeze guard on the left ramp. Why not make it an enclosed wireform to start instead? Does it need the springy forgiveness of the plastic to not reject? Weird.

Eric, when you were playing did you get any air balls? Especially from the left ramp?

#1194 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Eric, when you were playing did you get any air balls? Especially from the left ramp?

No. It stayed where it should. Sneeze guard must have been tight -- I'm just wondering why, on a $16K game, they went with an extended piece of ugly flappy plastic to keep balls on that ramp, rather than make the start of the wireform fully enclosed and only 2 rail after things slow down. Would look nicer that way, IMO.

#1195 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

No. It stayed where it should. Sneeze guard must have been tight -- I'm just wondering why, on a $16K game, they went with an extended piece of ugly flappy plastic to keep balls on that ramp, rather than make the start of the wireform fully enclosed and only 2 rail after things slow down. Would look nicer that way, IMO.

Any issues with the turn table? Some are saying it moves to slow?

#1196 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Any issues with the turn table? Some are saying it moves to slow?

The way the mech/cam is built it's got several locked in positions, some of which are in-between actual play positions, and as you wait for the cam to make the other 3/4 of the circle that it needs to for a second shift, there's a decent pause. The actual movement when the cam is engaged isn't slow - it's the time you're waiting for it to transition to the next movement.

There were definitely times where the game would say "shoot the batphone" and I had a feed to a clear shot before it was in position because the mech was still orienting. Maybe the timing on stuff like that will improve with code, or maybe it can't be helped.

#1197 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Guys really is it THAT big a deal if Batgirl is not on your backbox decals?

If you bought your Batman '66 based on the art package, then yes, it is. They all play the same and they are being sold on packages based solely on art. While its not melt down, table flipping outrage, its certainly something Stern will have to address.

#1198 1 year ago
Quoted from zeddex:

While its not melt down, table flipping outrage, its certainly something Stern will have to address.

Let's be honest they rarely address much larger items(ghosting playfields, lack of code, game literally not functioning as intended(GOTLE left orbit people), I somehow doubt they give 2 $hit$ about some backbox art envy. I'm not supporting what they do as good or right but it's just the facts for them owning the market still. They do what they want and will piss off a handful of people along the way. Until they have major competition in the market they will get away with it basically unscathed.

#1199 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Guys really is it THAT big a deal if Batgirl is not on your backbox decals?

YES!
Not only is she a smart, sexy, Librarian, she kicks ass as well!
Was literally the reason I was getting a premium in the first place!
*shakes library card clinched fist*

#1200 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Guys really is it THAT big a deal if Batgirl is not on your backbox decals? I can almost guarantee, for people with larger collections, if they were asked to name what is on the backbox decals of their games they wouldn't even be able to tell you without looking. I sure couldn't tell you what the hell is on most of mine, they get put between other games and never seen again. If that is anyone's deciding factor on buying a game you are spending $8K-$10K on some pretty expensive stickers, there is a pinball in between these amazing stickers.

This is pinball. We don't have to be rational.

I can't tell you what's on the backbox sides of most of my games either, but I will know what's on the side of my Batman and if it's not what I want or was expecting, I will be disappointed.

Stern has upped the game with the new pricing model. I'm going to be more forgiving if I pay $5k for a machine than when I pay double (or in the case of the SLE, triple) that. Some of the problems being found on the SLEs are mind boggling given the absurd premium pricing.

If Stern waits to address customer sat issues until they think the noise level is loud enough, they will find that it may be too late to win those who were or feel burned back. The collector portion of the market is finicky and demanding in a different way than operators ever were. Stern is now dependent on collectors whether they want to admit it or not. The acquisition cost of a new collector prepared to buy a new machine is extremely high compared to most products. If a pinsider reads about something bad that impacted another's purchase, they feel bad and commiserate. But they think "that won't happen to me". If it does, it's a whole different mindset.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hauppauge, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside