Topic Stats

• 2,344 posts
  • 281 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Samuel (resized).jpg
Backglass (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg
cardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpg
They-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpg
5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 47.
#51 1 year ago

My biggest complaint about BDK were the six HUGE, FAT standups which WERE the left side of the PF, and started four modes which were identical. I can't speak to the rules involved with the HUGE, FAT standups but can say they're still there. And three more standups on the R side. For this kind of coin, I expect FKN DROP TARGETS.

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Use your own judgment , but I'll be dambed if I can't state my mine

Kudos for spelling "judgment" correctly.

"Dambed?" Not so much.

#53 1 year ago

Speaking of spelling, the promo pics that one dealer is showing details the TV on BM66 and the words "Villian Vision." Villian? You ooze, you loose.

#54 1 year ago

Good old Pinside. Bitch about lack of video. A teaser comes out. Key word TEASE. Bitch about the video not being clear and not showing enough.

Let's not forget that the game has a lockdown bar button to use as a gadget selector.

Think about all of the cool item based stuff that Lyman has done in AC/DC (VIP passes) Monster Bash (items) Walking Dead (bombs.)

That alone will make the game feel totally different than TDK.

The music fits the theme. Go back and watch the show. We also have no idea how / where it will be used.

It's early. It will be awesome. It will take time.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

Kudos for spelling "judgment" correctly.
"Dambed?" Not so much.

Judgment/Judgement can be spelled either way:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/judgment

"Did You Know?
Judgment can also be spelled "judgement," and usage experts have long disagreed over which spelling is the preferred one. Henry Fowler asserted, "The OED [Oxford English Dictionary] prefers the older and more reasonable spelling. 'Judgement' is therefore here recommended." William Safire held an opposite opinion, writing, "My judgment is that Fowler is not to be followed." "Judgement" is in fact the older spelling, but it dropped from favor and for centuries "judgment" was the only spelling to appear in dictionaries. That changed when the OED (Fowler's source) was published showing "judgement" as an equal variant. Today, "judgment" is more popular in the U.S., whereas both spellings make a good showing in Britain."

Another word that has two spellings is "canceled" or "cancelled".

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Judgment/Judgement can be spelled either way:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/judgment
"Did You Know?
Judgment can also be spelled "judgement," and usage experts have long disagreed over which spelling is the preferred one. Henry Fowler asserted, "The OED [Oxford English Dictionary] prefers the older and more reasonable spelling. 'Judgement' is therefore here recommended." William Safire held an opposite opinion, writing, "My judgment is that Fowler is not to be followed." "Judgement" is in fact the older spelling, but it dropped from favor and for centuries "judgment" was the only spelling to appear in dictionaries. That changed when the OED (Fowler's source) was published showing "judgement" as an equal variant. Today, "judgment" is more popular in the U.S., whereas both spellings make a good showing in Britain."
Another word that has two spellings is "canceled" or "cancelled".

I'm aware of the supposed acceptance of spelling judgment a different way, and I reject it.

Did you know that "subpoena" can now also now be spelled "subpena?" I reject that "accepted" spelling too.

#57 1 year ago

The game may very well end up being great but this is an abysmal teaser video. I mean you have one of the best players in the World at your disposal and you film short snippets of him bricking and clanking nearly every shot. I don't think I ever saw Lyman string together more than a couple of shots. I don't think the video even shows the left ramp being made at all. The right orbit shot didn't seem to open up any flow. The big turntable toy barely looked functional in the video. Didn't see the magnet getting pulsed, the small LCD showing anything other than a static image. Shots to that area just didn't look fluid at all! You have the Genie spinner that will spin around once or twice but besides a ball lock release we really didn't see much else from that toy. To me it still looks about 75% similar to BDK and they didn't really make it a point to show the major differences such as the left ramp and showing off the full capabilities of the turntable toy to make me feel any differently.

At least we'll have the Deadflip video soon enough!

#58 1 year ago

I think it looks like fun. And am patiently waiting for it. I think my customers will love it.

I'm still thinking on having a little soiree for it when it arrives.

LTG : )

#59 1 year ago

TWDLE got no love straight out of the box except by me

Now it's a masterpiece.

BM66 will be another masterpiece. I figured that out based on the video

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

TWDLE got no love straight out of the box except by me
Now it's a masterpiece.
BM66 will be another masterpiece. I figured that out based on the video

I agree 100% LYMAN on code is king just look at his record and he loves the theme and is getting a game; I believe in LYMAN

#61 1 year ago

The game looks cheap and the price is way too high...

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

Good old Pinside. Bitch about lack of video. A teaser comes out. Key word TEASE. Bitch about the video not being clear and not showing enough

A-freakin-MEN

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I think it looks like fun. And am patiently waiting for it. I think my customers will love it.
I'm still thinking on having a little soiree for it when it arrives.

I would be there in a heartbeat...but too far away......I'm sure it will be a blast ( as the pin)!!!!

#64 1 year ago

Remember lyman did the code on the original batman dark Knight.......

#65 1 year ago

Looks like another winner from stern. Not sure why anybody would start a whole thread just to bellyache about a couple minutes of crappy footage on a game they aren't buying. Pettiness and jealousy, the name is pinside!

I'm not buying it either. Can't wait to play it!

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

A teaser comes out. Key word TEASE

Seemed more like torture to me. It was painful to watch and listen to, and I tried to be open minded about it.

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

I though ghostbusters would be amazing the. I played it and was very underwhelmed and disappointed.

You owned there BDKs the most recent only lasting day

GB is without a doubt there hottest selling game at the moment hands down

Rightful so as it's fantastic and here on pinside that is the consensus.

#68 1 year ago

This has got to be the first time someone bitched about Derek NOT liking a game.

#69 1 year ago

My other impression is that I'll have my game very soon, even though delayed a bit, its NOTHING compared to the JJP experience.

Lived through years of Woz delays and deception by Jack, still love that pin though, then TH delays, dropped out because I couldn't take it anymore.

Now we have DI, and they are still trying to figure out what is going into the "CE" that they are closing out on 12/31. More of the same old BS from JJP. Don't worry though, you'll see the green, blue and purple CE editions later on.

They won't sell more than a few dozen of those yet BM66SLE has a 400 deep waiting list and BM66LE at 240 sold out day one with a waiting list.

What happened to "we will announce games and then be ready to ship them like Stern from here on out", Jack G? The one thing that is 100% guaranteed is you can't believe a word they say with respect to when they will actually start building DI.

Stupid title and theme.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pettiness and jealousy, the name is pinside!

^^^^^^^^

#71 1 year ago

Yeah the code is not great and very boring and the physics of the game are just way off and way too many air balls and yes I have played one with all the fixes and it still is not fun sorry just my opinion I don't love every title anymore have to play first

#72 1 year ago

I'll bet a dinner that GB outsells 66

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Looks like another winner from stern. Not sure why anybody would start a whole thread just to bellyache about a couple minutes of crappy footage on a game they aren't buying. Pettiness and jealousy, the name is pinside!

Man, I'm 100% with you on this......fuck the public forum justification, what is the purpose behind this....enough already!!!

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I'll take that bet...revenue and sales wise.....I think 80 SLE's and 240 LE's have been long gone, with pinsiders openly asking for anyone that drops out to pm them.....branding? Shit....Batman vs, Ghostbusters...really? I like steak, btw, heard there are some good places close to TPF.....

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

With no pro, I'll go with that bet too. GBLE/pre is a blast to play. Derek has just made it his sacrificial lamb

Is it perfect? No, just a lot of fun. Code is really good but not great. Needs another MB and mini wizard mode or two

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

With no pro, I'll go with that bet too. GBLE/pre is a blast to play. Derek has just made it his sacrificial lamb
Is it perfect? No, just a lot of fun. Code is really good but not great. Needs another MB and mini wizard mode or two

So are we both eating Steaks at TPF? Linguine on the side..

#77 1 year ago

does anybody know when this video was filmed? was it on the prototype table or one off the production line we seen in recent Stern factory video. I'll have to go back and rewatch the factory video and see if the tables had any spotlights. To me it seemed like prototype and not even showed 10% of what the games possible. I liked the music, its Batman from 1966 what did you expect heavy metal? i wont make any judgments on table till i see a more finished product. My 6yr old watched the video of BM66 and a video of DI and said BM66 is way cooler if that means anything...

#80 1 year ago

One more time for clarity...please.

#81 1 year ago

I think it looks really cool. I'm not sure how many plays it would take to never want to watch Batman again, but I look forward to giving it a whirl.

#82 1 year ago

Nice game! Looks good so far.

Grab your egg nog folks.
A 3:55 video and someone will surely start a "which first NIB premium to buy" thread.

#83 1 year ago

Looks great to me but not even remotely considering getting one. Price lol. I'm not familiar with BDK so everything looks new to me. I like the jazz music and retro vibe. Display looks great and overall just looks fun. I don't think owners are going to be disappointed. People complaining about price will continue doing so regardless of gameplay. It's expensive and that's not going to change.

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from wyopin:

I was a fan of the sneak peak...sure, the music wasn't your typical pin attract music, but it fit the theme perfectly...tunes from the series.

Agree 100% ... perfect match. Loved the video clip integration as well

#85 1 year ago

Alternate translite:

maxresdefault (1) (resized).jpg

#86 1 year ago

Video is only meant to be a tease, I am in on an LE and I will admit the video didn't do much for me, but I know how good that crane can be from when I had my BDK and I am sure Lyman will have the crane at the very least as good as in BDK if not better, but its also clear the game being played/shot is a prototype it has the ramp flaps covering Catwoman's head and the old proto penguin crane plastics/decals so its probably the SLE that has been on show but unplayable for sometime.

6 days and it will be a little easier to make a more educated guess, if Lonnie was on the code I would be worried but with Lyman on it I feel in safe hands. If anyone can make the new 3 way toy incredible and implement so its fun and unique its Lyman, the 30th cant come soon enough

#87 1 year ago

I think they three tier pins should be priced at $6K $7K and $8K plus $400 for the topper if desired.

#88 1 year ago

This may be appropriate in this topic: Pinball Magazine's Christmas special for 2016 is out.
It includes:
- Preview of Pinball Magazine No. 4
- Interview with George Gomez (pinball designer and Stern's VP of game design) on Batman, Spiderman, pricing, ghosting and more
- Custom cover by Christopher Franchi, the same artist that did most of the art for Batman 66
- Pinball Magazine's Pinball Flyer Archive 2016

The best part: this is another downloadable publication (22Mb) and it's completely FREE. You don't even need to leave your email behind.

Merry Christmas!
http://www.pinball-magazine.com

Pinball Magazine George Gomez interview (Christmas 2016 special) cover (resized).png

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Video is only meant to be a tease, I am in on an LE and I will admit the video didn't do much for me, but I know how good that crane can be from when I had my BDK and I am sure Lyman will have the crane at the very least as good as in BDK if not better, but its also clear the game being played/shot is a prototype it has the ramp flaps covering Catwoman's head and the old proto penguin crane plastics/decals so its probably the SLE that has been on show but unplayable for sometime.
6 days and it will be a little easier to make a more educated guess, if Lonnie was on the code I would be worried but with Lyman on it I feel in safe hands. If anyone can make the new 3 way toy incredible and implement so its fun and unique its Lyman, the 30th cant come soon enough

If Lonnie were on code, there would be 78 SLEs and 235 LEs still available.

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from unigroove:

The best part: this is another downloadable publication (22Mb) and it's completely FREE. You don't even need to leave your email behind.

File damaged. Won't open.

I tried downloading twice.

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If Lonnie were on code, there would be 78 SLEs and 235 LEs still available.

Ouch! You do know Lonnie did a lot of coding for IM and TRON right? And TF (minus the LE features) is coded very well, and even the rules are less wood chomping than Metallica which Lyman did. I have a feeling Aerosmith is gonna turn some heads; but that all said, I'd still bet on Lyman over Lonnie. But I don't think Lonnie gets his due credit for all well coded his stuff is.

#92 1 year ago

Honestly, Batman 66 is only cool to us old farts......and I say this only being 41. This game will tank in value. I think it looks awesome, but I spent my childhood watching reruns. Truthfully, I have a feeling I am delusional like the rest of you. I am out, for fear my nephews we play one game and say, "Oh, I guess uncle Nick is not that cool after all." This game will drop as it has a limited appeal.

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll take that bet...revenue and sales wise.....I think 80 SLE's and 240 LE's have been long gone, with pinsiders openly asking for anyone that drops out to pm them.....branding? Shit....Batman vs, Ghostbusters...really? I like steak, btw, heard there are some good places close to TPF.....

I'm talking about total machines. Not over inflated price's to boost profits.

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ouch! You do know Lonnie did a lot of coding for IM and TRON right? And TF (minus the LE features) is coded very well, and even the rules are less wood chomping than Metallica which Lyman did. I have a feeling Aerosmith is gonna turn some heads; but that all said, I'd still bet on Lyman over Lonnie. But I don't think Lonnie gets his due credit for all well coded his stuff is.

Star Trek and KISS. Steve Ritchie even admitted that the Star Trek code was broken before Dwight fixed it. KISS speaks for itself.

I can say for 100% certainty that I would not have bought Batman 66 LE if Lonnie were on code. I have a hard time believing that I would be the only one.

#95 1 year ago

You know, people like to talk about how Stern kept the lights on when pinball was looking like it was dying. They criticize people who shit on that, "respect what Stern did!" they say.

You know who was doing that work? Lonnie and Borg.

It's always respect Stern, but never respect Lonnie.

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Star Trek and KISS. Steve Ritchie even admitted that the Star Trek code was broken before Dwight fixed it. KISS speaks for itself.
I can say for 100% certainty that I would not have bought Batman 66 LE if Lonnie were on code. I have a hard time believing that I would be the only one.

I realize Lonnie has done some excellent work but Star Trek and KISS always come to mind for me as well.

Lyman isn't always perfect but if I'm spending $10k on a pin I want to feel like its a given that the code will be awesome, especially with the new LCD implementation.

I would buy any pin after the code was complete and it was a proven winner but Lyman is a slam dunk for me up front.

I don't think I would have bought BM66LE day one either if anyone other than Lyman was on code. However, I can't see Stern letting the 30th anniversary pin get slighted under any scenario.

I think GBLE/premium is fantastic too. I hope Dwight will finish it off like Lyman did TWD style.

#97 1 year ago

Looks dull and code is square one bare bones. For the price they're asking, bad first impression.

Lyman rules, tho - so ...ill be interested in what the game is like in a few months to a year.

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

yea, you are spot on with ST and KISS. Forgot about those

#99 1 year ago

Lonnie = XM

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hauppauge, NY
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside