Topic Stats

• 2,344 posts
  • 281 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Samuel (resized).jpg
Backglass (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg
cardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpg
They-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpg
5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 47.
#651 1 year ago

Can we all just agree that all of the new games coming out are way over priced and move on. If you have the money and want the games have at it. Not sure why that upsets some people.

BM66 looks great, the LCD looks really nice. I don't think the layout is really improved much though and once again the game ships with hardly any code or call outs.

#652 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Id rather us all focus on the positive not the negative.
Im in on an LE. However, im still on the fence about the theme. Its a little before my time

Sometimes the negatives are just as valuable as the positives, I personally like the negatives when I'm looking at a pin especially NIB, it helps to keep you level headed and avoid getting drunk on the kool-aid which is easily done whenever your buying something new it's the natural excitement that comes with it.

The theme is way before my time I used to watch re runs or re runs with my old man, I am only 30 now, maybe your a little younger but it's Batman the theme is timeless and from what was said about future ideas for the code this game has the potential to be one of Sterns greats, I also think George and Lyman revisted BDK because they wanted to make it truely great second time round.

#653 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don't want to sound like a party popper but G.Gomez has made similar statements about code updates every 2 weeks 'til we get it right' before and not delivered. But him saying this is admitting the game needs work, and from the stream - it needs lots of work, is just another reason not to be on the early buyer train (unless that's your thing); for any pin, not just BM66.
That said, I have more faith in lyman than I do Gomez, no offense to George.

Agreed, Lyman just looks like a dude that is passionate about what he does. You could tell he was peeved when things didn't go perfectly.

A couple of moments when he noted areas of the game scoring that needed to be fixed.

That's why I buy from Stern right there. I've had great experiences playing his games, not that everybody else sucks. Keith is right up there with him, maybe JJP#4 will excite me? DI does NOT!

Theme is a big deal for me. BM66 checks that box big time

As for Gomez statements, it's right there on the stream. Let's see if they live up to it.

#654 1 year ago

Trust me I have the money it's the principle.

Should be a fun game but it's not for me at even at the old price point

#655 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I love my 100 % Stern lineup. But I refuse to pay stupid money for a semi rehashed game with unfinished code.

I could go buy a ST pro, Tron , and Met pro for about the same price

Quoted from RobT:

Thanks for clarifying that.

We weren't sure how you felt about the price until you made this post.

Thanks again.

Quoted from hoby1:

Trust me I have the money it's the principle.

Should be a fun game but it's not for me at even at the old price point

RobT heard you, but there are 150 posters in this thread. So... 100+ more times should cover it, better make your point more clear for every single person.

Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 2.32.00 PM (resized).png

#656 1 year ago

....they want how much for this pin? ridiculous

#657 1 year ago

All I can say is time will tell. If turns out I'm wrong ( hoping I am ) I will purchase.

I'm not wiling to take a chance at that price on the old pump and dump routine.

#658 1 year ago

Just watched DF's recording. The game looks amazing and can only get better. Stern knocked this one out of the park.

#659 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Its fine to me, to read different opinions on a game.
It doesnt bother me when someone enjoys a new game and shares why, or someone doesnt and shares why.
What bothers me, is when someone doesnt like a game, they repeatedly go to every thread over several months,
and say it "sucks" because they know best...a better "opinion" than someone else.
Share the positive, without repetition, is OK, constantly bashing a new game over and over and over, makes me wish
I could block that person, just in that thread.
I fail to understand why an individual who doesnt like a game goes out of their way to convince others they are wrong in their
personal joy, and should join them in their hate.
Then again almost anything on the internet is being sucked of joy, as the obscure and negative have great joy in shouting the loudest, and the most frequently, while the positives shake their heads and hide a bit, because a discussion is not possible,
as the negative resorts to personal attacks and defensive drama.
If this is "you" and you read this, about 2 dozen phone conversations over the Holidays, with fellow Pinsiders bares this out.
The overwhelming thought is, "I dont post or get involved as much, because its not worth the stress and time to fight
all the negative bombardment. They are tired of being told, "get tougher skin", as opposed to this side hearing, "how about trying to be nice", or "share your negative perspective, once or twice", not over and over and over.
Im draining threads now simply because of a few people that drone on about why a game I like, "Sucks", and I must agree with them....everyone must agree with them, because its over and over again.

IMG_1632 (resized).PNG

IMG_1633 (resized).PNG

#661 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

No more bickering in this thread than any other, once Aerosmith is revealed the bickering will just move from here to there

Technically, Aerosmith thread will have cryin'.

IMG_0919 (resized).JPG

#662 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Yep ...... and new Hondas haven't gone up 300% since 2009 even with options and new touch screen displays

So Stern is up %300 over 20 games and JJP has gone from $6500 to $12,000 in 2 games

#663 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Can we all just agree that all of the new games coming out are way over priced and move on. If you have the money and want the games have at it. Not sure why that upsets some people.

Stipulated to that fact from the outset as other have.

Here's the issue though. And people need to really think about WHY its happening.

Is it greed? Maybe. Is it greed when a flipper buys a GBLE and flips it for $9500?

Why on earth should Stern give away the "flipper profit" to anybody? That would be stupid on their part.

80 people paid for the SLE and 240 people paid for the LE and everybody else is pissed off about it.

Judgment day is coming soon enough. When you raise the price of the premiums like they are to correlate with the LE's, then let's see how many of those sales they cannibalized to get the LE's and SLE's.

It's just a matter of time, a lot of these NIB buyers are gonna get tired of losing big $$ when they go to sell their games. That's when the feeding frenzy dies, and its coming.

I have always expected and/or not cared about losing $$$ in the secondary market, but most people don't feel that way.

Current NIB buyers are guaranteed losses the minute you open the box. Ops are balking at new pricing altogether. Judgment days are coming in 2017.

#664 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Labor rates have only increased 18% in the last 7 years and rent less. LCD displays are cheaper than DMDs Get your facts straight. Even when you talk about Super LEs like ACDC with water jetted two tone powder coating price point was only 6500. This is all about profits.

Imagine that a business trying to maximize profits to keep sustainability!?!? What a novel concept!

#665 1 year ago

Another down fall for me with the new price pount is that I would preorder in a heartbeat if I liked the title. Now there's no sense. The risk is just to great when doing so and at the 10k price point there's no where to go but down

#667 1 year ago

A lot of it comes down to a dick swinging contest with those who purchased supporting their decision with a mixture of constructive criticism and haters being thrown into the same camp. The truth is that this happens daily on Pinside. If I made a list of games that were the greatest thing since sliced bread when released and where they are now, there's quite a few mediocre games as they sit.

I am not and have no interest in buying this game. I'm happy I didn't plop down a deposit because the initial videos left me feeling "meh" about it anyway. Factor in the issues Stern has had over the last few years along with the price increases and I have made a decision to speak with my wallet and not buy NIB until Stern can get their shit together. HUO, 6 months or longer down the road, is fine and will allow time for me to see how the game has fleshed out. The games will be available. They always are.

Good luck to all who purchased!

#668 1 year ago
Quoted from smassa:

Imagine that a business trying to maximize profits to keep sustainability!?!? What a novel concept!

Your exactly right. But what it does do is slows sales as people will be much more choosy before purchasing.

Most don't have an extra 15/20 k to drop on two games a year

More like one title every two years which in turn will stunn sales causing slowed growth. I personally know guys like MusketD here on pinside who loves pinball and would buy every new title that came out. That is no longer the case.

#669 1 year ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Quoted from tktlwyr:

A lot of it comes down to a dick swinging contest

John Henry thanks you.

LTG : )

#670 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stipulated to that fact from the outset as other have.
Here's the issue though. And people need to really think about WHY its happening.
Is it greed? Maybe. Is it greed when a flipper buys a GBLE and flips it for $9500?
Why on earth should Stern give away the "flipper profit" to anybody? That would be stupid on their part.
80 people paid for the SLE and 240 people paid for the LE and everybody else is pissed off about it.
Judgment day is coming soon enough. When you raise the price of the premiums like they are to correlate with the LE's, then let's see how many of those sales they cannibalized to get the LE's and SLE's.
It's just a matter of time, a lot of these NIB buyers are gonna get tired of losing big $$ when they go to sell their games. That's when the feeding frenzy dies, and its coming.
I have always expected and/or not cared about losing $$$ in the secondary market, but most people don't feel that way.
Current NIB buyers are guaranteed losses the minute you open the box. Ops are balking at new pricing altogether. Judgment days are coming in 2017.

Very accurate post. Stern can get away with the price increase if all of the LEs were Tron, acdc, and GB. Problem is they are not.

#671 1 year ago

This past year I did some line up changes that included ST pro , Met pro, GB Premium and TWD premium. That's 23k in sales for Stern.

At 8500 each I could not get even 3 games

#672 1 year ago

Can we just put the bitching about pricing to bed, yeah this game ain't worth 10k in hardware but I'm buying one because to me it's worth paying up for & so do others, would I personally do it if all Sterns releases where 10k? Hell no! But I was in a position to buy this one and loved (the right) half of my BDK.

#673 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Your exactly right. But what it does do is slows sales as people will be much more choosy before purchasing.
Most don't have an extra 15/20 k to drop on two games a year
More like one title every two years which in turn will stunn sales causing slowed growth. I personally know guys like MusketD here on pinside who loves pinball and would buy every new title that came out. That is no longer the case.

Seeing as they sold out of the SLE's I think they are gonna be ok. The regular premium isn't that much off the current Premium price so there is a version for everyone.

#674 1 year ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

A lot of it comes down to a dick swinging contest with those who purchased supporting their decision with a mixture of constructive criticism and haters being thrown into the same camp. The truth is that this happens daily on Pinside. If I made a list of games that were the greatest thing since sliced bread when released and where they are now, there's quite a few mediocre games as they sit.
I am not and have no interest in buying this game. I'm happy I didn't plop down a deposit because the initial videos left me feeling "meh" about it anyway. Factor in the issues Stern has had over the last few years along with the price increases and I have made a decision to speak with my wallet and not buy NIB until Stern can get their shit together. HUO, 6 months or longer down the road, is fine and will allow time for me to see how the game has fleshed out. The games will be available. They always are.

So everyone that did like this ( or any other new theme) is just buying it to impress others? We all need to be damn glad people are buying/ making pinball period, as the hobby is pretty much non existent.

You didn't buy or want this game ...good for you....others might have a different take.

Last time I checked, I buy all my games with my wallet, and news flash....ALOT of older titles suck and had ( have) issues too.

There are many new games that I will never own, but to berate people that have spent their own money to buy one is just bullshit....so, so tired of hearing it

"Good luck to all who purchased!" ? Thanks for the sincerity.....my life is now complete.....

#675 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can we just put the bitching about pricing to bed, yeah this game ain't worth 10k in hardware but I'm buying one because to me it's worth paying up for & so do others, would I personally do it if all Sterns releases where 10k? Hell no! But I was in a position to buy this one and loved (the right) half of my BDK.

You don't have to justify your purchase to me or anyone in this thread!!!...Congrats, and I mean that....YOU wanted it, and could afford it...that's all that matters....Whatever is driving this persistent bashing of not only the machines, but now the people that are actually buying them has got to stop.....

WHEN A PINSIDER COMES ON THIS SITE AND FEELS THE NEED TO JUSTIFY THEIR PURCHASE TO OTHER PINSIDERS, SOMETHING IS WRONG!!! WTF...

#676 1 year ago

You're apparently new, and unaware that common sense has nothing to do with most of the posting lately. Welcome, however!!!

#677 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

GB Premium and TWD premium

But these two are two of the best ever!

TWD is a freaking masterpiece, its a workout, just got off a decent 1.7 bill game, felt like I was playing MB for 20 minutes straight between, Prison, Blood bath, WW and LMS. Needed CDC to get to Terminus.

Cooler is reloaded, time to plow the frost off, enjoy some pins and then get ready for the festivities tonight!

#678 1 year ago

Been playing the hell out of my gadget LE. It's a ton of fun to shoot.

The left ramp is surprisingly fast. Very satisfying.

Can't wait for the code drop on Tuesday.

#679 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

This stream was Stern doing me (and the community) a solid. They let me show off, to an audience, a game still being tweaked.
That's huge.
Video game companies do this all the time to get feedback on a game close to completion.
Like was mentioned above, the production playfields are spoken for, so we got the one we played on that only had insert differences.
Overall I think it's generous for Stern to keep letting me do this before the games are finalized. It's a step in a new (and awesome) direction to allow tons of feedback before full release.
We'll for sure be revisiting the game soon, Lyman even asked when I'm coming back to do this again.
Thanks again for everyone tuning in!

It seems to me that there were some switch problems with this game. I could see points being awarded with the ball still in the shooter lane and during multiball the constant punching sounds might have (?) been a flakey switch too.

Rob

#680 1 year ago

What did you guys think about the size and complexity of that monster rotating turntable mech?

Gomez was proud of that one. Makes that game a little different from what's out there. Something I like!

I'm moving my RS to the back of the man cave. TWDLE, GBLE and BM66LE will be side by side

#681 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

From the live feed it looked like both ramp returns are lightning fast, every time a solid shot was made to one of the ramps I smiled seeing the ball race back to the flippers

#682 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

From the live feed it looked like both ramp returns are lightning fast, every time a solid shot was made to one of the ramps I smiled seeing the ball race back to the flippers

Reminded me of SM ramp fast.

#683 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What did you guys think about the size and complexity of that monster rotating turntable mech?
Gomez was proud of that one. Makes that game a little different from what's out there. Something I like!
I'm moving my RS to the back of the man cave. TWDLE, GBLE and BM66LE will be side by side

Stop right there this thread is no place for on topic posting

#684 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Current high prices are COMPLETELY the responsibility of all the other manufacturers. They jacked up prices.

This is the stupidest thing you've ever said.

Buyers are responsible. Probably more specifically those who bought games from flippers who sold NIB games for more money.

If people don't pay the prices, prices drop or businesses fail. One of the two.

#685 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Looks like lots of engineering went into it. Very impressive looking. If you check out the manual you can see all the parts to it. I just hope its robust, not sure i'd have the nerve to disassemble it if it had a problem.

#686 1 year ago

Finally watched some of the stream. I was skipping around, and watching bits and pieces, but the game seems kinda janky. Are people at home having any issues?

We're taking about Hondas now? Well, I bought a loaded up 2016 Fit this year in a cash deal for only $2,500 more than the SLE. There, that's my Honda comment.

#687 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Buyers are responsible. Probably more specifically those who bought games from flippers who sold NIB games for more money.

I highly doubt it's the dumbest thing he's ever said....there have been so many dumb things that it would take forever to figure it out!

#688 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's really cool, but very mysterious at this point, there are targets, ball stops, and spinners in it. The only thing I really understood was the phone shot..it's timed, and really cool. Another neat feature about it ...the spinning batmobile thing...it seemed to register for spins as well as ability to shoot through it to get to back ramp.

The snags shown on the video are what I experienced as well..if the ball gets behind that mechanism ( there were 2 spots), themachine didn't " see" it, so the ball sat there....ball search got it back in play every time, and seemed like a switch sequence or timing issue.

The mechanism itself is going to be an integral part of mode advancement, I believe, with future code releases. Watching the bat phrases on mini screen during multi ball tells me it will be very interactive.

And yes...ramps were very smooth and fast...shorter times than SM or Tron ramps though, so you have to pay attention.

My best times so far...timing the crane hits with ramp shots, and multi ball interaction. There is going to be a lot going on here.

The right scoop gets massive ball action from all sides, so I've gotta go Cliffy for me to sleep at night...

#689 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Reminded me of SM ramp fast.

Faster and shorter ( windy a bit) than SM....a blast !!!

#690 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

I believe what he means is... the other guys proved the price point.. and Stern is just following along willing to fill in right behind them. Basically, the other guys took the risk... Stern is just capitalizing.

#691 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yes...definitely yes

#692 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

Which gadget did you get? I'm going to post mine in the club thread....

#693 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Faster and shorter ( windy a bit) than SM....a blast !!!

Maybe more like Indy500. Hard to time those shots. Fast and furious.

You are having some of the same snags They were having on stream? Lyman was aggravated

That right scoop is like Gollum on Lotr? Mine survived great without a cliffy!

#694 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

TWD is a freaking masterpiece, its a workout, just got off a decent 1.7 bill game, !

About time to take off those training wheels

#695 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You are having some of the same snags They were having on stream? Lyman was aggravated

That's why you can trust games with Lyman on code, the guy takes a lot of pride in his work and is a perfectionist.

What did you use on your LOTR Ice?

#696 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe more like Indy500. Hard to time those shots. Fast and furious.

Similar, but mine weren't as frequent...it's not mechanical...the whole disc on mine was perfectly level, and slightly higher than playfield.....seemed way more code related, as it " confused" itself a few times...the thing seems robust enough, but definitely a lot going on up there ( spinners, targets, posts, interactive screen, phone, magnet in the front...I never had to pull the glass once, so was happy.

Spot on with the right scoop being sized like Gollum...except in this case, it gets balls coming in from the top and 3 sides...scares the shit out of me, wear wise....the back one is much more isolated and safer...

#697 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

About time to take off those training wheels

True that Skb Gonna wax it and take training wheels off!

#698 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

That's why you can trust games with Lyman on code, the guy takes a lot of pride in his work and is a perfectionist.
What did you use on your LOTR Ice?

I would have put the felt down like I did in shire drop. But sold it. Looked the same as the day I took it out of the box. The CC on that LE was something else

#699 1 year ago

Game is on location @Logan arcade

#700 1 year ago

It looks like the target integration has a long ways to go.

Love the capturing of the villains video

Not enough cat woman in there yet for sure

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Browns Mills, NJ
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside