Topic Stats

• 2,353 posts
  • 281 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 246 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Samuel (resized).jpg
Backglass (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
123488904-Space_Seed_098 (resized).jpg
cardealer_4b-960x641 (resized).jpg
They-Live-They-live-Glasses-2 (resized).jpg
5130020624_affaf5787b_b (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 47.
#601 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I fail to understand why an individual who doesnt like a game goes out of their way to convince others they are wrong in their
personal joy, and should join them in their hate.

I actually think more often than not those people that continually jump in every thread to repeat their dislike for a game again and again are trying to convince themselves they don't like the game.

I get this impression with BM66 more than any other game in recent years and it's probably due to the pricing people either priced out or unable to justify the price. I originally was in the later I couldn't justify the price but then I saw saw how much a HUO BDK is going for here in the U.K and the fact BM66 has removed all the stuff I didn't like on BDK and added a second ramp which I always felt BDK needed I felt comfortable buying one and felt the LE was the best value.

#602 1 year ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Thanks for the stream, was fun to watch. I know you are emphasizing on the fact that the machine was a prototype, but why would they use a prototype for this stream as they are delivering production machines ? It just does not make sense to me if they would. Seems to me they would rather have this showing go flawless but instead it broke down about every game. Just makes no sense.
My opinion about the game as it is now is that there is a lot of repetition on the LCD and no callouts whatsoever except the two lines at the start of multiball. I agree with the post above that not much seems to go on on the playfield that is much different from BDK. I also noticed they even used the same art of the villains again on the LCD, just as on about every side of the LE and on the playfield. Looks a bit thrown together.
I expected really a lot from this machine but for me it is just another Stern. Was hoping this title would put the extra's found on Star Trek LE or GoT LE to shame (siderails, full RGB etc), but it just does not. The gameplay is on the playfield and in that respect BM66 does not deliver and the LCD does not compensate enough as far as I can tell from the videos. Will have to play it to confirm this.

This stream was Stern doing me (and the community) a solid. They let me show off, to an audience, a game still being tweaked.

That's huge.

Video game companies do this all the time to get feedback on a game close to completion.

Like was mentioned above, the production playfields are spoken for, so we got the one we played on that only had insert differences.

Overall I think it's generous for Stern to keep letting me do this before the games are finalized. It's a step in a new (and awesome) direction to allow tons of feedback before full release.

We'll for sure be revisiting the game soon, Lyman even asked when I'm coming back to do this again.

Thanks again for everyone tuning in!

#603 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

This stream was Stern doing me (and the community) a solid. They let me show off, to an audience, a game still being tweaked.
That's huge.
Video game companies do this all the time to get feedback on a game close to completion.
Like was mentioned above, the production playfields are spoken for, so we got the one we played on that only had insert differences.
Overall I think it's generous for Stern to keep letting me do this before the games are finalized. It's a step in a new (and awesome) direction to allow tons of feedback before full release.
We'll for sure be revisiting the game soon, Lyman even asked when I'm coming back to do this again.

Totally agree, the gameplay previews can only be a good thing especially if the guys and Stern take on board any community feedback/suggestion from them.

Can you share any points of discussion/feedback that where picked up on either during the play session or suggestions over the live chat that any of the guys (George/Lyman) might have spoke about either on or off camera?

Are they reading these BM66 threads anything like that?

#604 1 year ago

80 x 15000 = 1,200,000
240 x 10000 = 2,400,000

320 game for 3,600,000 Holy Christ !

3995 BDK price

901 games... GREEEEEEEEEEED !!!

300% cost increase in 7 years WTF

#605 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

80 x 15000 = 1,200,000
240 x 10000 = 2,400,000
3995 BDK price

What a tool you don't count rent labor materials insurance distributors and more

#606 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

80 x 15000 = 1,200,000
240 x 10000 = 2,400,000
3995 BDK price

Same increase as my health insurance!

Are they Greedy, too?

#607 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

That's huge.

I agree wholeheartedly. Very good that Stern let's you do this and great of you to put in the time and effort. I was just asking why a company like Stern does not go out of its way to make it work the best they can. All the production machines only get played by a few people and your stream gets watched worldwide.

We all understand that the game is new, but it is not twee weeks new. I think most of the viewers and readers here are very able to understand that a pinball machine is made up of a lot of parts that all must work together and that is not easy, especially with a new kind of toy on the playfield. Actually I think it is nice that such a stream is not a directed and cut movie in which all goes perfectly. This is better.

Keep up the streaming !

#608 1 year ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

You said earlier that they wanted to sell you a SLE, so did they indeed sell them all ?? How can they offer you this if they are all sold ?

was just after expo... I turned it down and Gary said they had waitlist for them so I guess so - although I think might be regretting turning it down!

Neil.

#609 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Its fine to me, to read different opinions on a game.
It doesnt bother me when someone enjoys a new game and shares why, or someone doesnt and shares why.
What bothers me, is when someone doesnt like a game, they repeatedly go to every thread over several months,
and say it "sucks" because they know best...a better "opinion" than someone else.
Share the positive, without repetition, is OK, constantly bashing a new game over and over and over, makes me wish
I could block that person, just in that thread.
I fail to understand why an individual who doesnt like a game goes out of their way to convince others they are wrong in their
personal joy, and should join them in their hate.
Then again almost anything on the internet is being sucked of joy, as the obscure and negative have great joy in shouting the loudest, and the most frequently, while the positives shake their heads and hide a bit, because a discussion is not possible,
as the negative resorts to personal attacks and defensive drama.
If this is "you" and you read this, about 2 dozen phone conversations over the Holidays, with fellow Pinsiders bares this out.
The overwhelming thought is, "I dont post or get involved as much, because its not worth the stress and time to fight
all the negative bombardment. They are tired of being told, "get tougher skin", as opposed to this side hearing, "how about trying to be nice", or "share your negative perspective, once or twice", not over and over and over.
Im draining threads now simply because of a few people that drone on about why a game I like, "Sucks", and I must agree with them....everyone must agree with them, because its over and over again.

Im one of the many that dont post much on Pinside. I read it often and appricate everyones opinion. Id rather us all focus on the positive not the negative. (As in life)

Im in on an LE. However, im still on the fence about the theme. Its a little before my time. I have a week to decide before it arrives to my distro.

Back to modding my MB....

IMG_1296 (resized).JPG

#610 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

80 x 15000 = 1,200,000
240 x 10000 = 2,400,000
3995 BDK price

what about the raw material differences and the fact that the game is 95% different!
Requires a lot more work for the LCD, and look at the turntable toy, its freaking massive and very complex. The SLE and LE's have much more to them also.

Its like comparing a 2009 Honda with a BMW M4.

Neil.

#611 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Wow, you just tried to normalize an 8500 dollar Premium? While saying other people are expressing stupidity? That's crazy man. Sure, the 15k is the lightning rod, but the 8.5k PrOmium is just as stupid.

fair challenge but its really easy, if you don't like the price, or see the value, you don't have to buy the game Here in the UK the price is actually higher for many because of exchange rate changes.

Neil.

#612 1 year ago

Yep ...... and new Hondas haven't gone up 300% since 2009 even with options and new touch screen displays

#613 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Yep ...... and new Hondas haven't gone up 300% since 2009 even with options and new touch screen displays

yup, lucky for us that Batman 66 is no honda!

#614 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

That's huge.

Sorry Jack, but I disagree. First let me say, I love what you do and I think you are great! We are lucky to have you in our community. That being said, Stern has already sold many of these games and for them not to do this for buyers is pathetic. This is not them "doing the community a solid", this is what any respectable company does to market their product. I refuse to let Stern getaway with questionable business practices and have all of us just be grateful. Oh how lucky they are to be the only game in town.

#615 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

The game has been promoted as a special edition game from the start. Do we really need to keep beating that horse?

#616 1 year ago
Quoted from JY64:

What a tool you don't count rent labor materials insurance distributors and more

Labor rates have only increased 18% in the last 7 years and rent less. LCD displays are cheaper than DMDs Get your facts straight. Even when you talk about Super LEs like ACDC with water jetted two tone powder coating price point was only 6500. This is all about profits.

#617 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yup, lucky for us that Batman 66 is no honda!

Yep.....new BMWs haven't gone up 300% even with new touch screen displays

#618 1 year ago

I'm just glad that now we've seen the video stream by Dead Flip that the discussion has finally moved past the issue of price.

Oh. Wait..

#619 1 year ago

I can't wait to pick up a batman in a few years ...... oh wait I already owned this turd

#620 1 year ago

Great job once again on the stream JD! Nice Batman outfit

The haters and crybabies that flood a Stern thread don't and won't ever suck the enjoyment out of getting a great looking pin like BM66 for me.

I still like seeing the comments, good or bad, some constructive some very stupid, its just not gonna change a thing.

#621 1 year ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I refuse to let Stern getaway with questionable business practices and have all of us just be grateful. Oh how lucky they are to be the only game in town.

That's why we have JJP, the pillars of truth, honesty and beyond reproach business practices.

#622 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's why we have JJP, the pillars of truth, honesty and beyond reproach business practices.

#623 1 year ago

I love my 100 % Stern lineup. But I refuse to pay stupid money for a semi rehashed game with unfinished code.

I could go buy a ST pro, Tron , and Met pro for about the same price

#624 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I love my 100 % Stern lineup. But I refuse to pay stupid money for a semi rehashed game with unfinished code.
I could go buy a ST pro, Tron , and Met pro for about the same price

Thanks for clarifying that.

We weren't sure how you felt about the price until you made this post.

Thanks again.

#625 1 year ago

After seeing the stream I'm more excited than ever to get mine. BTW did anyone else hear Gomez say that there will be updates to BM66 approximately ever 2 weeks until complete? That was awesome to hear! I just wish Stern had this same commitment to all the other games they have lacking in code.

#626 1 year ago

Did they say when the call outs would be added?

#627 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I too love my Stern lineup and I don't refuse to pay stupid money for what will be a great pin! There, I said it again.

#628 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

That's huge.

Really appreciate you and Stern doing this....I have my BM66LE, and was proud of my 218 million score, until you scored 10 bazillion points that one game...I think they said new code update dropping Tuesday in your video anyway, so we're all back to zero.

I really enjoy the game so far, especially knowing it's only going to get better w code. Hard to get why so much hate except the price ......Thanks for your enthusiasm regarding this title ( and others)....on to the bat mobile viewing gadget ( my TV)....mark

#629 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

After seeing the stream I'm more excited than ever to get mine. BTW did anyone else hear Gomez say that there will be updates to BM66 approximately ever 2 weeks until complete? That was awesome to hear! I just wish Stern had this same commitment to all the other games they have lacking in code.

Every 2 weeks per Gomez, Lyman looks like a man on a mission!

#630 1 year ago

It's great if it actually happens but is kind of a slap in the face and a backhand right back across it for all the other people/games that are waiting for even the most basic code updates to their old games from a year ago+. Here's to hoping 2017 is filled with tons of major code updates and they actually care about all their past offerings still, cause this year sucked in terms of real updates for most games.

#631 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks for clarifying that.
We weren't sure how you felt about the price until you made this post.
Thanks again.

No problem

#632 1 year ago

Come on guys...the haters and the lovers are two faces of the same coin. How boring would this forum be without differing opinions. You think after all of this time we would be ok with this M.O. Both kind of opinions are needed, why? Stern and all the other manufacturers are reading this...and this will help them get feedback hopefully to improve their games. Ex: X-Men code update, Smaug redesign, MMR double clear coat. Even the dang laser projectors on ST came from this forum. Make peace with it and be civil about it.

#633 1 year ago

Don't believe the negative bullshit on here regarding the game itself....you should be excited!!!! I did hear them say new code on Tuesday, and hope you're right on the " every 2 weeks until done" part.

I can say George, Lyman, and Gary rally seemed genuine in their excitement over this title....I have one, and no reason to believe this thing won't rock when code is baked ( even I, a non gaming programmer, thought of some basic timing change fixes, regarding the ball getting stuck in the turntable).

I overpay for a lot of shit because I HAVE to ( insurance, gas, groceries, etc.)...at least there is a CHOICE in how much to spend on your hobby ( RobT...think we need your dead horse thing...about 20 times in this thread)

#634 1 year ago

The "every 2 weeks comment" by Gomez is around the 10:10 mark.

#635 1 year ago

Every two weeks for two weeks.

#636 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol......Don't get me started on JJP Iceman.....It will only lead to the Darkside (Down votes).

#637 1 year ago

"Every 2 weeks until it's right. "

Btw, I thought it was very cool to have the game designer and coder playing the pin and describing the layout, mechs and vision for the future.

If you can't enjoy that part of it and appreciate what JD and Stern did for us then it's YOU that have a F ing problem.

If you love pinball you had to love that interaction

#638 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Come on guys...the haters and the lovers are two faces of the same coin. How boring would this forum be without differing opinions. You think after all of this time we would be ok with this M.O. Both kind of opinons are needed..why? Stern and all the other manufacturers are reading this...this will help them get feedback to improve their games. Ex: Xmen code update, Smaug redesign, MMR double clear coat. Eveb the dang lasers projectors on ST came from this forum. Make peace with it and be civil about it.

I dunno dude. I love passionate discussions and differing opinions, but there doesn't seem to be so much of that on Pinside as there are people testing out their open mic jokes and / or shuckin' for upvotes. Kind of annoying to see the same people saying the same variations on a theme in every thread.

That said, BM66 looks.... like it is way too expensive. I don't like the precident it sets for pinball pricing.

#639 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Noted. Now u can drain the thread

#640 1 year ago

That's just them saying "it's a work in progress" - don't interpret that to mean "till final polish".

#641 1 year ago

2 weeks is a pretty common sprint interval for software development. It gives devs time to work on things and get them tested... without letting them bog themselves down into things that are "too big" and your velocity suffers. It's a compromise preached in agile development. It's possible internally they are starting to advocate lean/agile to address their release drought and multiple project issues. But I wouldn't get overhyped on the idea that somehow focus on code is going to multiply overnight.

"Release early, release often" is a mantra to avoid overthinking things and getting so late you are no longer relevant.

This is simply stern acknowledging things aren't done and they are still actively pushing releases often. "Game is complete" is still a unicorn that needs more than quick cycles to fix.

#642 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Noted. Now u can drain the thread

See what I mean? Why is it not acceptable that hoby1 can't share his opinion without being chastised for it, yet [insert Pinside Boys Club member here] has repeated themselves throughout this thread but you're not telling them that "u should drain the thread now"?

Or did I totally just answer my own question? Seems so.

#643 1 year ago

Geeeees guys....... if you can't see I'm just busting chops then ( why so serious...pun intended ) you definitely don't know me. I do think it's a cool game just that IMO I feel the price is overinflated.

It's obviously going to be a better game than BDK as the two worst features are now gone and they added an LCD.

Lighten up it only pinball

#644 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Yep.....new BMWs haven't gone up 300% even with new touch screen displays

can't you read? try again!

#645 1 year ago

I am enjoying the discussion here and agree with many of the pros and cons. I am a person that puts theme as one of the most important criteria so I really understand why some people would have to own this pin if it was a dream theme for them. It looks like it has a lot of potential from a gameplay perspective. Happy for those that love the theme and want the pin.

I loved the show as a kid but it long ago lost it's appeal for me. While I can deal with the campiness I would never be able to own it due to the "tinny" and repetitive sound effects which were a great part of the show in it's day. Those sound effects have run the course for me and do not have any appeal. The light and sound effects are a big part of pinball for me so the sound effects in this game would rule it out for me. I love the effort by Stern and certainly hope that this pin appeals to many of you and that it turns out to be great.

Happy new year folks.

#646 1 year ago

Sweet...went back and heard it too!!!......sorry for my continued typos....I go back and fix when I spot them, iPads..

#647 1 year ago

This is a real issue. So what there saying is fk all the other game as there not as important.

It's like trying to bait the rat to the cheese

#648 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So what there saying is fk all the other game as there not as important.

I don't recall Gomez saying "All hands on BM66 for code every 2 weeks". It's Lyman's game, he's working on it, no bearing on the other titles.

#649 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Just loving the stupidity of everyone saying people spend 15K. No, 80 people spent that. 240 spent 10K. Everyone else spends 8500.
Neil

For prototypes!!! Lol

#650 1 year ago

I don't want to sound like a party popper but G.Gomez has made similar statements about code updates every 2 weeks 'til we get it right' before and not delivered. But him saying this is admitting the game needs work, and from the stream - it needs lots of work, is just another reason not to be on the early buyer train (unless that's your thing); for any pin, not just BM66.

That said, I have more faith in lyman than I do Gomez, no offense to George.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 13.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hauppauge, NY
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2344 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 47.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside