20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 47.
#501 7 years ago

Happy to share my application video. Not the most creative but it got done, submitted, and importantly, got me an opportunity for the SLE

#502 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What, am I in the running for the Supreme Court? Get so sick of people saying posters here are "biased." That's the whole point.
And I'm one of the only "positive" voices in this thread which is mostly filled with whiny pinscrooges.
So kiss my black ass! (and happy new year! )

Quoted from kvan99:

Here is something cheeky for you....

TZ thread (resized).jpgTZ thread (resized).jpg

#503 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Happy to share my application video. Not the most creative but it got done, submitted, and importantly, got me an opportunity for the SLE
» YouTube video

Haha love the pic at the end, great showmanship and nice collection!

#504 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Your wait will be worth it!!!!!
Spoke w Mike @ Automated this morning.... said to let the community know he has PREMIUMS IN STOCK RIGHT NOW!!!! just a heads up, as I told him I would post (I didn't ask the price). Didn't think it was right to post in GAP's thread.....

How does he have premiums? I don't have my LE yet.

#505 7 years ago

Still waiting too......

#506 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How does he have premiums? I don't have my LE yet.

Idk.....but he does, said in stock, ready to ship

#507 7 years ago

i emailed Gary and they lined a SLE up for me - but stuck with LE in the end.

#508 7 years ago

Getting a little twitchy. Time to tank up and enjoy the show. All the boys (pins) are lit up right now in honor of BM66!

Making the rounds on them pre game show in 20 minutes.

Fireworks later. Artillery shells.

#509 7 years ago

Some updates ( got to play about 20 games today at the office):

The good:

a) translite brightness IS adjustable, now looks great
b) Got a grand champion score of 219.4 million.
c) Multiball opened some great windows...Batman and Robin had audio with video on big screen " ready to do this Batman" ( robin), "Let's do it!!" Batman...something like that...very cool
d) Mini screen spun into position, and hitting the targets during multi ball brought the phrases up on it ( "Wham", "kapow", etc.) along with the cool, campy band audio " hits" just like the TV series. A total blast
e) found the super skill shot ( hold left flipper to disengage the diverted, launch, then hit the rgb arrow shot. A blast!!!
f) Ball times have been long enough to engage and find things...not a " beat down" machine, more fun and mode based ( at this point). Shots all fun.

The challenges:

a) Set the machine to 6.5 today, and allowed setups pretty easy ( doesn't mean I hit them, I'm an average player)
b) The turntable will evolve with code tweaking, had a few trapped balls ( ball search saved them, never had to pull the glass).
c) There is ALOT going on and potential with this toy, suspect coding to speed certain things, slow others, etc. will result in a more predictable experience up there.
d) couple of minor ramp jumping, and air balls, but overall very manageable.
e) not a " flow" machine at this point, much more bashing the crane, exploring what is in play, and enjoying a fun game.
f) going to deal with the scoops this weekend, ordering something. My instinct tells me I HAVE to put a Cliffy on the front one, as it gets hit on all sides regularly. Are these identical to BMTDK, so I can just order these?

Enjoy, pinsiders!!!

I'll quit posting for a bit about experience, as I'm sure the video will reveal a lot tonight. This early in the code, there's no way this isn't going to be a fantastic pin.

#510 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Getting a little twitchy. Time to tank up and enjoy the show. All the boys (pins) are lit up right now in honor of BM66!
Making the rounds on them pre game show in 20 minutes.
Fireworks later. Artillery shells.

I'm with ya Ice ( at least the drinking part)....blow up something for me!!!

#511 7 years ago

Stern's FB page has a video of Lyman playing BM66.

...and Dead Flip on Twitch is live...

#512 7 years ago

link?

#513 7 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip Looks very, very good. Lyman Sheats is there, Zach Sharpe, Jack Danger, George Gomez. The spinner mech that the Batmobile is on looks like the fuel generator in the Back to the Future car jeez. Hate to fix that thing.

#514 7 years ago

First impressions:

Playfield art looks less chaotic than I thought it might.

On a game with a massive price premium, it's hugely disappointing not to have full RGB LED inserts in the playfield, or at least a few more of them. ST Premium and LE were over 3 years ago and they still haven't matched them in subsequent titles. Light show is pretty much non-existent at this stage.

The backbox LCD is really, really lazy. Almost everything is static and completely non-animated. Things pop up over the video / cityscape background, or move across, but virtually nothing's been animated beyond these very simple transitions. Very, very little original art. Not much information tying the modes or what's being shot to the video or stuff being shown on screen. Video clips from the shows seem very random at times. Huge improvement cosmetically over their red-sludge DMDs, but at this stage effort is seriously absent - and since they didn't say it was place holder, one has to assume it isn't.

Crane implementation seems rather lacking, especially when compared to its sister machine BMtDK.

Mini LCD (TV on pf) doesn't really seem to do anything yet except say POW! BAM! or KAPOW! No comment on whether it will.

The wheel mech with all the bits on looked absolutely enormous and very complicated when George held it up. Given all the QC, build quality and basic design issues with Stern lately, I'd be seriously worried about it functioning properly and durability. He even said it was the most complex thing he'd ever designed.

George also said at the beginning of the stream that they'd release new code every 2 weeks and wouldn't leave it alone until it was done ... if true, brilliant, but who actually believes that? Notable that he said that whilst Lyman had exited briefly.

Number of musical themes are fairly small in number ... the constant NANANANANANA Batman refrain will probably get old really quickly.

At the moment, BMtDK looks way more fun than this does .... not much evidence of flow or objective based modes.

#515 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

First impressions:
On a game with a massive price premium, it's hugely disappointing not to have full RGB LED inserts in the playfield, or at least a few more of them. ST Premium and LE were over 3 years ago and they still haven't matched them in subsequent titles. Light show is pretty much non-existent at this stage.
The backbox LCD is really, really lazy. Almost everything is static and completely non-animated. Things pop up over the video / cityscape background, or move across, but virtually nothing's been animated beyond these very simple transitions. Very, very little original art. Not much information tying the modes or what's being shot to the video or stuff being shown on screen. Video clips from the shows seem very random at times. Huge improvement cosmetically over their red-sludge DMDs, but at this stage effort is seriously absent - and since they didn't say it was place holder, one has to assume it isn't.
Crane implementation seems rather lacking, especially when compared to its sister machine BMtDK.
Mini LCD (TV on pf) doesn't really seem to do anything yet except say POW! BAM! or KAPOW! No comment on whether it will.
The wheel mech with all the bits on looked absolutely enormous and very complicated when George held it up. Given all the QC, build quality and basic design issues with Stern lately, I'd be seriously worried about it functioning properly and durability. He even said it was the most complex thing he'd ever designed.
George also said at the beginning of the stream that they'd release new code every 2 weeks and wouldn't leave it alone until it was done ... if true, brilliant, but who actually believes that? Notable that he said that whilst Lyman had exited briefly.
Number of musical themes are fairly small in number ... the constant NANANANANANA Batman refrain will probably get old really quickly.
At the moment, BMtDK looks way more fun than this does .... not much evidence of flow or objective based modes.

You do realize this is running on a prototype machine with very early code right? Not everything shown will be final.

#516 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

First impressions:

Shhhhh, keep the constructive criticism of this game to yourselves or you'll suffer the wrath of massive down voting and several 100 more Iceman posts defending this title and RobT will be right around the corner with his reach around and down vote.

#517 7 years ago

This game is looking spectacular on dead flip. Lyman clearly knows his stuff. Can't wait to read what all the whiners have to say now or are they going to start changing their tune.

#518 7 years ago

new code on tuesday.

#519 7 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

This game is looking spectacular on dead flip. Lyman clearly knows his stuff. Can't wait to read what all the whiners have to say now or are they going to start changing their tune.

agreed - its fantastic. so much potential for cool rules stuff!

#520 7 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

You do realize this is running on a prototype machine with very early code right? Not everything shown will be final.

If they were intending to wholly change the art and animations on the LCD and make the mini TV properly interactive, you'd have thought they'd be very keen to stress that.

Also, people said the patently lacking DMD stuff on WWE, Kiss and GoT were just early code on release, and they'd be improved to AC/DC / ST / Met / TWD level. Were they? Release was almost how they've stayed.

Would love to be wrong. But given recent history, I'd say optimism is unlikely to be rewarded.

#521 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

First impressions:

lol, you need to swallow a happy pill dood. just about everything you say I disagree with!

#522 7 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

Now you sound like a JJP fan

#523 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

If they were intending to wholly change the art and animations on the LCD and make the mini TV properly interactive, you'd have thought they'd be very keen to stress that.
Also, people said the patently lacking DMD stuff on WWE, Kiss and GoT were just early code on release, and they'd be improved to AC/DC / ST / Met / TWD level. Were they? Release was almost how they've stayed.
Would love to be wrong. But given recent history, I'd say optimism is unlikely to be rewarded.

Eh I sorta like the static image elements on the LCD. Reminds me of the comics. If you don't like it, then don't buy it. Looks good, plays good. *shrugs* Wouldn't want to pay that price however.

Quoted from JY64:

Now you sound like a JJP fan

Yeah I am a fan. Fan really of all Pinball except Spooky really.

#524 7 years ago

The LCD definitely makes the game seem a lot more fun. I like how the background changes depending on which villain mode you are playing.

#525 7 years ago

Was that the part where the game broke every single game?

rd

#526 7 years ago

Just turn the machine off and start again. 10minutes in limbo mode....

#527 7 years ago

Lots of Stuck Balls....unusual...still looks fun!

Better than Stars!

#528 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Was that the part where the game broke every single game?
rd

Well I think you should make your own Pinball machine then and have people become an armchair warrior. It's a prototype! It has flaws!

#529 7 years ago

Underwhelmed.......

#530 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

lol, you need to swallow a happy pill dood. just about everything you say I disagree with!

You can like something that I don't like, but how can you disagree with objective rather than subjective things like almost total lack of animation. Have you actually been watching? I guess perhaps some people will prefer that but I can't see it comparing well to JJP machines when sat next to a WOZ, Hobbit or DI - and this equals or exceeds JJP pricing.

Also, come on ... that rotating island after the GB / GoT debacles and QC generally. It has to be a major question mark.

#531 7 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

Eh I sorta like the static image elements on the LCD. Reminds me of the comics. If you don't like it, then don't buy it. Looks good, plays good. *shrugs* Wouldn't want to pay that price however.

I'm not looking for 100s of man hours into even the tiniest of elements ... but just some signs of life and subtle details.

Quoted from hool10:

You know that the first machines were received by paying customers pre-Xmas ...

#532 7 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

Well I think you should make your own Pinball machine then and have people become an armchair warrior. It's a prototype! It has flaws!

Ummmmmm ... they are producing them and people have them in their houses.

Cheerleading practice is in the Quad in 10 minutes.

rd

#533 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I can't see it comparing well to JJP machines when sat next to a WOZ, Hobbit or DI - and this equals or exceeds JJP pricing.

It's denial. If someone has committed to $15,000 and had to make a video begging for a chance to own it, they're going to do everything in their power to defend their decision, regardless of if it's a hit or not. Meanwhile another camp has a game ready to play that looks way more polished, has more action, more flow, didn't break down at expo, didn't break during videos, isn't a theme done over and over again, and hasn't put me to sleep as I try to sit through gameplay videos and the collectors edition is $2500 less. But you can't say that in here because RobT and Iceman will be offended.

And those same JJP haters who trounced all over the phone are suddenly fine with the BatPhone. Interesting times. What's even more ironic is I'm not a Stern hater, my whole point is that they're capable of much, much more and this was an underwhelming letdown when you factor in their experience in the industry and the price increase and quality control issues as of late.

#534 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

If someone has committed to $15,000 and had to make a video begging for a chance to own it,

Hey now. I didn't make a video. I used an existing one.

LTG : )

#535 7 years ago

Is any one here logged in on chat? Has anyone asked yet if the villains video clips will be matched up with audio ques? I remember George saying the villains will taunt the player, code is early but if anyone can ask and get a reply from George that would be great.

#536 7 years ago

The more I watch.. the more I am liking it..

#537 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

You can like something that I don't like, but how can you disagree with objective rather than subjective things like almost total lack of animation. Have you actually been watching? I guess perhaps some people will prefer that but I can't see it comparing well to JJP machines when sat next to a WOZ, Hobbit or DI - and this equals or exceeds JJP pricing.
Also, come on ... that rotating island after the GB / GoT debacles and QC generally. It has to be a major question mark.

I saw LOADS of animation - capturing the villains, scoring, lighting targets and other stuff - as much if not more than WOZ and tons more than Hobbit!

None of the pinball manufacturers can claim any high ground on QC. They are all as bad as each other.

Neil

#538 7 years ago

Seriously.... Gameplay does not look good and im not talking about code. Very choppy and stop and go. Two main ramps with a bash toy. Two rollovers and three pops. Crane is cool as always in BDK. Theres really only 5 shots on this game with nothing new to see

Love the LCD but for a 8k I really expected more. Im definately sure its not for me, but hope all you guys that spent 8k, 10k, and 15k are happy with your purchase

#540 7 years ago

Even watching a top ranked player such as Lyman play this game, it still just looks...... meh !!!

#541 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It's denial. If someone has committed to $15,000 and had to make a video begging for a chance to own it, they're going to do everything in their power to defend their decision, regardless of if it's a hit or not. Meanwhile another camp has a game ready to play that looks way more polished, has more action, more flow, didn't break down at expo, didn't break during videos, isn't a theme done over and over again, and hasn't put me to sleep as I try to sit through gameplay videos and the collectors edition is $2500 less. But you can't say that in here because RobT and Iceman will be offended.
And those same JJP haters who trounced all over the phone are suddenly fine with the BatPhone. Interesting times. What's even more ironic is I'm not a Stern hater, my whole point is that they're capable of much, much more and this was an underwhelming letdown when you factor in their experience in the industry and the price increase and quality control issues as of late.

Dood that was only for SLE - stop overblowing that - and frankly I think a good thing as it kept ownership mostly in the pinball community - any one can pitch up to a stern distro and smack 8500 moolahs on the table and walk away with a machine - that plays identically to the LE or SLE.

Let's try to be fair:
JJP has a process to get a CE that if you don't email them by tomorrow you are out - I don't see how that's any different.
Dialled in broke down several times at expo and one of the machines was turned off for atleast a part of one of the days as was Alien too!

So I think we all have denial to some extent -
For me I don't give a stuff about animations or LCD screens I want the ball and flippers to be spot on and I saw loads of that on both Batman and Dialed in. And does anyone know when dialled in is shipping? No I didn't think so!

Neil

#542 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'm not looking for 100s of man hours into even the tiniest of elements ... but just some signs of life and subtle details.

You know that the first machines were received by paying customers pre-Xmas ...

Yes but at the start they clearly said that they were running alpha code on a proto machine!

#543 7 years ago

Gomez says code updates every two weeks until its "right".

#544 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I saw LOADS of animation - capturing the villains, scoring, lighting targets and other stuff - as much if not more than WOZ and tons more than Hobbit!

Neil

You're hallucinating.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Yes but at the start they clearly said that they were running alpha code on a proto machine!

Wrong. They said it was a prototype playfield. They didn't say anything else was proto. Also, beta code.

#545 7 years ago

It really looks fun and I cant wait to play it in person. The phone hurry up is a little annoying-BEEP BEEP BEEP it definitely makes you want to pick it up quickly!

#546 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

You're hallucinating.

Uhhh..no. Been watching for 2 hours now

And looks NOTHING like BDK btw, except for Crane

#547 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Uhhh..no. Been watching for 2 hours now

Let me know how many frames of animation you see on the pop-ups

#548 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Let me know how many frames of animation you see on the pop-ups

About 6.7 frames per second or so?

#549 7 years ago

BM 66 just does not make me as excited as GB did. But I will play it before I pass any judgments on it. The super LE looks great but way out of line in the price department!

#550 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

What's even more ironic is I'm not a Stern hater,

How many Stern pins have you owned?

That's what I thought.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 34.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.