20170316_125205 (resized).jpg
IMG_2980 (resized).PNG
IMG_2979 (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0142 (resized).JPG
heavenly-bm66 (resized).jpg
laser-beam-sharks (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 47.
#451 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah, I know about all the ghosting insert issues, but for geometry I only did a few things to make ours play really well.
#1 was ound up the outlane guides so they are slightly taller = no more/ few ball hops over them
#2 was adjust the right ramp entrance so a smoother shot
#3 was adjust the drop target springs to be a bit snappier.
I honestly cant come up with any geometry flaws on the game. Every shot on the game is well laid out, has really nice feeds, and pushes you to be a better player. JAFL, but John did a really great job on the geometry of the game and espescially the feeds which give choices for passive or active catching and control. Code then challenges you to know your shots and make the right choices.

Why do you say these things which are not true?

Lies make baby Jesus cry.

Ghostbusters plays like it was designed by a mental patient on a bender with a crooked compass and everybody knows it. Has it's charms but "competent geometry" ain't one of em.

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ghostbusters plays like it was designed by a mental patient on a bender with a crooked compass and everybody knows it. Has it's charms but "competent geometry" ain't one of em.

really surprised to hear you say that Levi. GB is a thing of beauty in the geometry department. Every shot feels super smooth and just right (aside from the right ramp, but with tunig in that is even fun to hit).

What dont you like about it?

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

really surprised to hear you say that Levi. GB is a thing of beauty in the geometry department. Every shot feels super smooth and just right (aside from the right ramp, but with tunig in that is even fun to hit).

The usual complaints / airballs, drains, rejects, clumsiness, inelegant software.

I've made my peace with the game - I'm good at it. But it's not a lot of fun, seems to have been rushed and designed by committee, and lacks the cohesiveness of good stern titles. I also understand it doesn't matter at all as people
Simply love this theme and would have bought it if it were a re-skinned Williams Darling.

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Comes right up. Hobby Lobby sells it. I first learned about it from a guy who used it in the Shire drop area on Lotr.
The only thing about the mylar on shooter lane is if its a pin that has the pin striping it will pull it might pull it up, did that on my Ac/dc prem
Felt for non pin stripers, cling vinyl for pin stripes and just have to replace more often.

can someone translate this for me? I've read and re-read it about 10x and still don't understand what iceman was trying to get across here

#455 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

can someone translate this for me? I've read and re-read it about 10x and still don't understand what iceman was trying to get across here

Hobby Lobby sells sheets of very thin "self adhesive felt", $1.50 a sheet. I use it as a shooter lane protector primarily and experiment with it in different scoop areas. I don't like Cliffy metal everywhere, just me.

I love it! For example, SM and Ac/dc have the "pin striping" paint in the shooter lane. Cling vinyl will never pull that up, mylar will.

And I use clear "Cling vinyl" in drops and high traffic area. Unlike mylar, it comes right up, like a static cling to pf without any damage. Need s to be reapplied every now and then.

#456 7 years ago

looks like Gomez has made a TOM with 2 LCD screens, minus the orbit shots

#457 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hobby Lobby sells sheets of very thin "self adhesive felt", $1.50 a sheet. I use it as a shooter lane protector primarily and experiment with it in different scoop areas. I don't like Cliffy metal everywhere, just me.
I love it! For example, SM and Ac/dc have the "pin striping" paint in the shooter lane. Cling vinyl will never pull that up, mylar will.
And I use clear "Cling vinyl" in drops and high traffic area. Unlike mylar, it comes right up, like a static cling to pf without any damage. Need s to be reapplied every now and then.

If you pull up the felt does it leave any residue?

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveMan:

If you pull up the felt does it leave any residue?

GooGone works great for removing sticky residue left by glues etc, just make sure you always test it on a hidden area of whatever/where ever your going to apply it to, before you cover the area with it.

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wow!!!! I think GB is a brick fest. The ramps are not smooth and the ball stays in the pops forever. I wish it could be tweaked. You get air balls galore and the ball hits the ramp on the premium. It definitively has major major design flaws.

#460 7 years ago

Not saying they aren't but why not add them when they incorporate the video? I brought this up in the other thread, but it seems like twice the work to add video, then add in sound. Shouldn't the two be linked?

#461 7 years ago

I dunno, but judging from the clips Stern is not even in the same zip code as JJP when it comes to video to game integration. Just watch a few videos on the Hobbit to see. I hope someone can hack the system like they did with TWD. This needs hours upon hours of polish in order to compete with JJP and DP....just sayin.

#462 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I dunno, but judging from the clips Stern is not even in the same zip code as JJP when it comes to video to game integration.

Since JJP had a few extra years to develop TH because of all the delays, it should be a lot better at this point Kvan!

I agree, TH is amazing. Maybe give it a little time to get some polish going here. A ways to go to catch up with TH, DP? Not so much.

#463 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Since JJP had a few extra years to develop TH because of all the delays, it should be a lot better at this point Kvan!
I agree, TH is amazing. Maybe give it a little time to get some polish going here. A ways to go to catch up with TH, DP? Not so much.

TH had years to develop , BM66 has been a year at most from the Gomez interview it sounds more like months, I agree their light years apart but when something is in continual development like TH for years I would except that product to be vastly superior.

#464 7 years ago

Anyone have a link to the contest for not wanting a chance to bid on a Super LE?

#465 7 years ago

Happy for all the Batman66 buyers. Just curious...

Is Stern going to let us see the video submissions the SLE "winners" sent to them ...or were the video submissions just for Stern's internal amusement?

Were the video submissions subject to a marketing campaign for Stern to use or were they promised never to be shared from the get go?

I just think it would be fun to see them. Anyone else?

Do video submitters feel cheated that their videos aren't part of a public salutation to Stern's success and achievments?

Or did I miss the Stern marketing campaign that featured the videos?

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Got any pics of that? Mind throwing in a pic of the package too? Not sure I have seen the cling vinyl before. Sounds pretty handy.

Thanks

#467 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Wow!!!! I think GB is a brick fest. The ramps are not smooth and the ball stays in the pops forever. I wish it could be tweaked. You get air balls galore and the ball hits the ramp on the premium. It definitively has major major design flaws.

Once I added a protector I made, 90% of my GB airballs went away. Not really an issue. The protectors you can buy seem to have similar success. Angle of the machine seems to also dictate how long a ball will stay in the pops, so make it steeper if it's in there too long for you.

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Got any pics of that? Mind throwing in a pic of the package too? Not sure I have seen the cling vinyl before. Sounds pretty handy.
Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/Grafix-9-Inch-12-Inch-Cling-6-Pack/dp/B002J6CO9I/ref=sr_1_2

Here you go. Rounding off the edges when you are cutting sizes seems to work better for me.

#469 7 years ago

It's so pretty!

IMG_4041 (resized).JPGIMG_4041 (resized).JPG

#471 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Happy for all the Batman66 buyers. Just curious...
Is Stern going to let us see the video submissions the SLE "winners" sent to them ...or were the video submissions just for Stern's internal amusement?
Were the video submissions subject to a marketing campaign for Stern to use or were they promised never to be shared from the get go?
I just think it would be fun to see them. Anyone else?

I'll share mine.

#472 7 years ago

I went the lazy route with my submission to Stern.

#473 7 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

I'll share mine.
» YouTube video

Did you end up getting selected? Seem like a no brainer to me

#474 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Did you end up getting selected? Seem like a no brainer to me

Yes, picked it up Wednesday

#475 7 years ago

selected to buy a 15000 pin? sounds funny. you could have sent a video of a blank screen and they would have "selected" you. you pay 15000 and feel like you won a prize, stern is really amazing.

congrats to all the winners!

#476 7 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

I'll share mine.
» YouTube video

That was really good. Nice collection. Congrats on the SLE and thanks for sharing the video.

#477 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

selected to buy a 15000 pin? sounds funny. you could have sent a video of a blank screen and they would have "selected" you. you pay 15000 and feel like you won a prize, stern is really amazing.

The number of people submitted videos for the game was much greater than the number of games they were selling.

#478 7 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

I'll share mine.
» YouTube video

Absolutely freaking fantastic, I loved it, well done sir. I don't think that can be topped! I wish others would share theirs as well.

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I went the lazy route with my submission to Stern.
» YouTube video

No one can say you don't deserve one or you don't love pinball. Well done and an impressive collection. Wow!

#480 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you want to compare JJP game to Batman66 it should be DI as they were announced at the same time not some game people paid for 3 yr ago and are still waiting

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The usual complaints / airballs, drains, rejects, clumsiness, inelegant software.

Your posts are always unbiased, enlightening and overwhelmingly positive. Often after reading them, I have a much more positive and optimistic outlook on the entire pinball hobby.

Happy New Year!

#482 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Your posts are always unbiased, enlightening and overwhelmingly positive. Often after reading them, I have a much more positive and optimistic outlook on the entire pinball hobby.
Happy New Year!

Your post is a bit ironic considering that he has actually been one of the more optimistic and positive posters in this thread, which mostly consists of non-stop bashing of all things Stern.

#483 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

Simply send a "video" PM to the owner of the Beautiful CCC for sale on the classifieds and save $100 and actually end up with a game that is well-crafted...

#484 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Your post is a bit ironic considering that he has actually been one of the more optimistic and positive posters in this thread, which mostly consists of non-stop bashing of all things Stern.

I was talking in general...and it's all in good humor. I thought sarcasm was mandatory on Pinside, especially given that there is a rather large and dedicated emoji for it.

I've posted joke pics in this thread, but no real comments. Just reading. I never judge any game based on video or what others say, until I actually play it myself. Some of the comments are just funny to me...I could care less if the service menu isn't in color, there are repetitive video clips, etc. Some things can be updated. Does the game play well, and do I like the art are the two main questions for me.

#485 7 years ago
Quoted from GGG:

Simply send a "video" PM to the owner of the Beautiful CCC for sale on the classifieds and save $100 and actually end up with a game that is well-crafted...

Which one? There are a couple for sale including Teekee's that he just archived that nobody wants at those prices.

You'll be able to pick up beautifully crafted CCC when its remade for half the price of the ones that don't sell now.

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Which one? There are a couple for sale including Teekee's that he just archived that nobody wants at those prices.

Wrong again Ice...

#487 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I've posted joke pics in this thread, but no real comments. Just reading.

Here is something cheeky for you....

http://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/butt-selfies

#488 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Happy New Year!

What, am I in the running for the Supreme Court? Get so sick of people saying posters here are "biased." That's the whole point.

And I'm one of the only "positive" voices in this thread which is mostly filled with whiny pinscrooges.

So kiss my black ass! (and happy new year! )

#489 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What, am I in the running for the Supreme Court? Get so sick of people saying posters here are "biased." That's the whole point.
And I'm one of the only "positive" voices in this thread which is mostly filled with whiny pinscrooges.
So kiss my black ass! (and happy new year! )

LMFAO!!! I've enjoyed your posts...add me to the "positive" list on this one.....

#490 7 years ago

I forgot what we were talking about.....

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I forgot what we were talking about.....

Something about Batman, interest in someday buying pinball machines, or Jpop.

#492 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Wrong again Ice...

You had yours up for $12,900 or trade? Now archived. I know because I was looking!

The 2 at $15k will sit and rot now.

#493 7 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

The number of people submitted videos for the game was much greater than the number of games they were selling.

I personally know 5 people that did the video just bc and to see what wld happen. They had absolutely no intention of buying it or even the le for that matter. Im sure there were alot of others that did the sane....

#494 7 years ago

Goodness gracious that's a thing of beauty....

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You had yours up for $12,900 or trade? Now archived. I know because I was looking!
The 2 at $15k will sit and rot now.

An old friend of ours in NYC told me he sold his BMLE for $11,000.

#497 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

LMFAO!!! I've enjoyed your posts...add me to the "positive" list on this one.....

One more here, that's about it I think on the positive list, but hey, who cares? Gonna load up the cooler, watch some twitch livestream today and anxiously await my BM66LE!

#498 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Something about Batman, interest in someday buying pinball machines, or Jpop.

Killing me!!!!! hopefully not about Jpoop, or I'm out....

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

One more here, that's about it I think on the positive list, but hey, who cares? Gonna load up the cooler, watch some twitch livestream today and anxiously await my BM66LE!

Your wait will be worth it!!!!!

Spoke w Mike @ Automated this morning.... said to let the community know he has PREMIUMS IN STOCK RIGHT NOW!!!! just a heads up, as I told him I would post (I didn't ask the price). Didn't think it was right to post in GAP's thread.....

#500 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

An old friend of ours in NYC told me he sold his BMLE for $11,000.

On eBay, yep. I think Teekee was confused about the CCC comment I was responding to by one of the other naysayers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 34.99
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-whats-your-impression/page/10?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.