Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Tuna_Delight
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

With the continued code improvements on these two games, I'm reconsidering them for potential purchase.

I like the colorful artwork, nostalgic appeal (for me), and Lyman Sheets code potential of BM66. SW currently seems to have better code/deeper gameplay and I dig the hyperdrive feature!

Decisions, decisions ...

What say ye: which ONE would you buy and why???

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

With the continued code improvements on these two games, I'm reconsidering them for potential purchase.
I like the colorful artwork, nostalgic appeal (for me), and Lyman Sheets code potential of BM66. SW currently seems to have better code/deeper gameplay and I dig the hyperdrive feature!
Decisions, decisions ...
What say ye: which ONE would you buy and why???

I got a SW premium from a show for a great price about 5 weeks ago and just recently picked up a BM66 premium. Both are extremely different playing games. Both have really unique code that has unique features to the game. BM66 is a much longer ball time game and has better art and theme integration. SW is fast and brutal and has that one more play feel more then BM66 does. Either would be a pretty unique addition to a lineup and both are fun despite what a vocal group of pinsiders like to claim.

#3 1 year ago

I have both games also, and they are the 2 most played games in my collection. Right now I'd give SW a slight edge due to more finished code, and the hyper loop shot on the prem/LE is one of the best shots in pinball. I agree with BM66 having longer ball times and better art.

#4 1 year ago

I agree with JD. I picked up a Star Wars Premium at that same show and absolutely LOVE it. I have access to a BM 66 via my friend and have played hundreds of games on it. BM66 is a much longer playing game and the rules are getting really good. The 1.0 code on Star Wars is fantastic and I can't stop hitting the start button sometimes. I really don't think you can go wrong with either. I wouldn't have said that 90 days ago as BM66 is finally starting to show the promise everyone thought it had over a year ago.

I would get the one that you gravitate towards theme wise.

#5 1 year ago

Batman 66 already has the best theme integration of any Stern pin (and arguably any pin) and it seems Ltman will make it even better. Not only does Stern have full rights to use any audio or video assets from the series, there are game specific callouts by both Adam West and Burt Ward. No sound alikes, no creative editing of footage to avoid showing actors, etc.

Star Wars is fun and fast, but uninspired. I would play Star Wars, but own Batman.

#6 1 year ago

Thanks to all for the input! I'm currently enjoying playing LE versions of both located at the same bar. As you've pointed out, each is appealing in its own way. I'd ideally love to own them both!

#7 1 year ago

Then there’s your answer, get both

#8 1 year ago

Both decent games but Star Trek is still better than Batman.

1 week later
#9 1 year ago

Personally I don't really like either of them but just because BM66 looks better doesn't mean it plays better. I would go for SW for the gameplay.

#10 1 year ago

I have them both.
And both are fantastic.
My vote is BM66

#11 1 year ago

I think they are both good games. I would choose the theme that you like the best and never look back.

#12 1 year ago

Just got SW and absolutely loving it...having said that, I'm picking up a BM66 soon too! BM66 is getting all of Stern's resources.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Batman 66 already has the best theme integration of any Stern pin (and arguably any pin) and it seems Ltman will make it even better. Not only does Stern have full rights to use any audio or video assets from the series, there are game specific callouts by both Adam West and Burt Ward. No sound alikes, no creative editing of footage to avoid showing actors, etc.
Star Wars is fun and fast, but uninspired. I would play Star Wars, but own Batman.

Couldn't have said it any better, so I wont

Both games are great but BM66 is the one I would and do own.

P.S. Add a poll everyone loves a pinside poll

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Add a poll everyone loves a pinside poll

No longer an option as Pinside only allows adding a poll within a limited time (24 hours?) of starting a thread.

Regardless, I'm interested in reasons behind posters' preferences rather than holding a subjective popularity contest.

#15 1 year ago

As both are my 2 newest games both are getting all of my play right now. SW is my favorite of the 2 just because it makes me want to keep playing it and the code is so unique. BM66 is really good but after a good game I need a break from it.

#16 1 year ago

No longer an option as Pinside only allows adding a poll within a limited time (24 hours?) of starting a thread.

That I didn’t know

Regardless, I'm interested in reasons behind posters' preferences rather than holding a subjective popularity contest.

Well in that case, I am a huge Star Wars and Batman 66 fan so both themes appeal to me, but my vote goes to BM66 because of the way Lyman is coding the game, not only are the rules shaping up to be genuinely unique but the theme integration is already the best of any licenced pin I have played/owned, like with any pin Lyman is personally invested in there is going to be magic made.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well in that case, I am a huge Star Wars and Batman 66 fan so both themes appeal to me, but my vote goes to BM66 because of the way Lyman is coding the game, not only are the rules shaping up to be genuinely unique but the theme integration is already the best of any licenced pin I have played/owned, like with any pin Lyman is personally invested in there is going to be magic made.

There's definitely some pretty cool unique things in the BM66 code, but it is really the code bones of MB with some cool stuff added. It does have great theme integration but to me SW code it much more unique. There's currently nothing else like SW code wise while BM66 feels like more of an updated and strengthened throw back. That's not a slight on BM66 at all either, it is really shaping up in the code department and turning into a really good game.

2 months later
#18 1 year ago

FWIW: I haven't pulled the trigger on buying either of these games yet, but I'm currently having more fun playing (and consequently thinking more about) BM66. The nostalgic theme is definitely more of a draw and I'm liking its less frantic gameplay and more straight forward ruleset.

Still HATE its inflated base cost though.

#19 1 year ago

I think you are leaning in the right direction. BM66 is still being worked on, while SW looks finished for at least another year so expect to play Light Saber Duel repeatedly blocking your game progress. Dynamic duo for the win.

1 week later
#20 1 year ago

Decision made and I'm now in on a Batman 66 for all the aforementioned reasons.

Both are fun games, but Batman seems like it has only just begun to bloom. The interest demonstrated by Stern - particularly Lyman Sheats at TPF - for continuing to develop the game, and the wealth of video material available yet, vindicates my decision for me.

#21 1 year ago

Decision made and I'm now in on a Batman 66 for all the aforementioned reasons.
Both are fun games, but Batman seems like it has only just begun to bloom. The interest demonstrated by Stern - particularly Lyman Sheats at TPF - for continuing to develop the game, and the wealth of video material available yet, vindicates my decision for me.

Super congrats!!!! A great game that is only getting better...

#22 1 year ago

Thanks man and thanks to all who posted for your input on these games!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 26.50
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside