(204 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG
41E5F9A4-8307-40E1-A313-FA79996D40B2 (resized).jpeg
jesus (resized).jpeg
di (resized).png
b66 (resized).png
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Now that code is "complete" (outside of small adjustments and fixes), what does Pinside think is the better game between these two juggernauts?

#2 5 years ago

DI. Prefer original themes.

#3 5 years ago

I was very disappointed with Batman. I love the theme, but game just didn't do it for me like I had hoped. DI by a mile and a half.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I was very disappointed with Batman. I love the theme, but game just didn't do it for me like I had hoped. DI by a mile and a half.

I was the exact opposite of this ^ I sold DILE and Bought BM66LE. I never cared for the theme of DI but the layout is incredible. In the end the DI theme didn’t work for me and the sound package (call outs & goofy music) grated my nerves “Crazy”.. Just one pinheads opinion.

#5 5 years ago

I enjoy playing Batman more, but Dialed In is the better game, if that makes any sense.

#6 5 years ago

DI if you can find one that works 100%. Good luck.

#7 5 years ago

I played Batman 66 last Spring at PHOF, and it seems pretty "Stern" formulaic. The ramps were fun, but the ball was getting stuck behind the main mech. It had to ball search every other game. Has it really changed that much?

The new code on Dialed In is great. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

DI if you can find one that works 100%. Good luck.

I’ve never had any issues with my DI.

Batman 66, great coding along with one of the best themes with TV series, sound and graphics.

DI is probably the best shooting pin that I’ve played and own.

Neither one will be leaving my collection for a long time.

#9 5 years ago

Batman is saved with great code, art, and killer theme integration. But man, it's the clunkiest machine I've ever played... I hate that the flippers need to sit so low to actually hit the top two TV targets, I hate that the bottom TV target needs to be randomly hit from the slings, I hate that every straight shot to the turntable has a risk of screaming straight down the middle, and i hate the stupid tight orbits which are two of the most important shots in the game. I also can't stop playing it, so it definitely has something special going on

But man, DI shoots so well... so many combos, fun stacking, great flipper feel... theme doesn't bother me in the slightest, so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

I voted for DI. Both are great games though.

#10 5 years ago

Dialed In by far. And anyone suggesting JJP's build quality is not superior to all other manufacturers is out to lunch and in denial.

#11 5 years ago

DI is pincredible.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

Dialed In by far. And anyone suggesting JJP's build quality is not superior to all other manufacturers is out to lunch and in denial

That has zero bearing on the fun factor, I think DI is a great game but I have more fun playing BM66 by far.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

theme doesn't bother me in the slightest, so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

That makes u lucky?

#14 5 years ago

Why does so many used DI pins come up for sale. Doesn’t seem to be a keeper for many folk.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That has zero bearing on the fun factor, I think DI is a great game but I have more fun playing BM66 by far.

I was posting in response to someone above suggesting it's somehow hard to find a DI in working order.

Quoted from Kenz:

Why does so many used DI pins come up for sale. Doesn’t seem to be a keeper for many folk.

Huh? I've only ever seen a couple come up (very recently). I see far more BM 66's up for sale. I've owned over a hundred games and I think DI is probably the most fun I've ever had playing pinball. Innovation all over the place. Not leaving my collection.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I was the exact opposite of this ^ I sold DILE and Bought BM66LE. I never cared for the theme of DI but the layout is incredible. In the end the DI theme didn’t work for me and the sound package (call outs & goofy music) grated my nerves “Crazy”.. Just one pinheads opinion.

Make that 2 pinheads...Doubt DI could ever lose any poll on here, however...

#17 5 years ago

I like bm66 a lot, would love to own one, but there is no comparison to dialed in. Very few stern games can compete with what jjp games offer. A few can like tspp, lotr, Twd and acdc and a few others, but I would not put bm66 in that club.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That makes u lucky?

Lotta people can't hang with the theme, thereby preventing them from enjoying an absolutely stellar game, so yes... I feel quite lucky in that regard

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

Huh? I've only ever seen a couple come up (very recently). I see far more BM 66's up for sale. I've owned over a hundred games and I think DI is probably the most fun I've ever had playing pinball. Innovation all over the place. Not leaving my collection.

It'd be interesting to know how many Batman 66's sold vs Dialed Ins. I'd have to think there's quite a few more Dialed Ins sold than Batmans given the LE numbers, Stern's higher pricing, and how many pop up for sale.

Here's what Pinside is showing.

b66 (resized).pngb66 (resized).png

di (resized).pngdi (resized).png

#20 5 years ago

Dialed In hands down. Who would of thought that an original theme game in this day and age would be considered one of the best pins of all time? Just an incredible pin all around.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

It'd be interesting to know how many Batman 66's sold vs Dialed Ins. I'd have to think there's quite a few more Dialed Ins sold than Batmans given the LE numbers, Stern's higher pricing, and how many pop up for sale.
Here's what Pinside is showing.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nonesense. Dialed In has been a poor seller for JJP.

#22 5 years ago

Dialed In sucks. The code in Batman ‘66 is pure Lyman greatness. Anyone saying the code is better in DI is smoking some really bad weed.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Who would of thought that an original theme game in this day and age would be considered one of the best pins of all time?

A lot of people didn't think that, and since when is it one of the best pins of all time? because its in the top ten on the pinside 100 list, Laughable man.

jesus (resized).jpegjesus (resized).jpeg
#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Nonesense. Dialed In has been a poor seller for JJP.

True. I think Jack mentioned Dialed In was around 1500 games several months ago(or something around that). Those numbers would probably normally be smashed by Stern games, but Batman 66 is different. There was low number run of LEs, and their pricing was much higher than normal, including Premiums. Batman 66 Premiums would have to be around 1200 or more. It doesn’t seem like there’s that many out there. The numbers on Pinside show more Dialed Ins in possession of members by a good amount.

Seems safe to assume Dialed In moved more units than Batman 66, unless you have any other data to show otherwise.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Dialed In sucks. The code in Batman ‘66 is pure Lyman greatness. Anyone saying the code is better in DI is smoking some really bad weed.

You might want to check your stash because while I can understand not liking DI, saying it sucks is ridiculous or “nonesense”.

#26 5 years ago

BM66 is phenomenal now. Though, if you'd asked me 18 months ago, I would have said it was a gigantic failure. If you haven't played it since about .90ish code, you might be surprised at how much it's improved. The theme immersion is the best I've ever played.

#27 5 years ago

Personally I like both games. I think BM66 provides a much cooler playing experience, but I might give DI the edge on rules.

Completing disasters and earning sim cards is a great code feature, especially with the big bang option. Plus the added strategy of the theater items to collect. The game is simple enough to understand, but challenging enough to keep you coming back. And the layout and technology really stand out.

BM66 is unrivaled in theme integration. It completely dominates DI - no question. It might possibly dominate every other game in that regard. It also does a better job than DI at being whimsical and funny.

The option to either collect or increase your Super Jackpot is cool, but other Stern games offer that. The multipliers add to the strategy, but they also push the envelope on balanced scoring. I haven't yet figured out the best way to play the minor villains, but the implementation of the minor villains elevate the BM66 experience.

BM66 is easier for lousy players to have awesome long games (this I know. ) You can step up to the game and have instant fun.

The games are different. Both good fun.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Have you ever had anything good to say about JJP? No lol.

#29 5 years ago

I have both on latest code. There are so many things I prefer with DI but had to bite my lip and vote for BM66. DI is smooth, built like a tank and challenging. BM66 is clunky, can be slapped around the room and relatively easy. But I play BM66 ten to one. The theme integration and code are amazing (10’s), outweighing the sloppy playfield design and engineering.

#30 5 years ago

Both are awesome. Code is better on BM66, but I feel DI is the far better game. To this day I am unsure why people don't like the theme of Dialed In. Granted I like Batman's theme far better, but Dialed In is still very refreshing, theme wise. When you compare the two games, BM just looks unfinished, when it comes to the playfield and toys. They packed so much stuff into Dialed In, and they are of similar price. It's really shocking what you get for the money compared to each other.

#31 5 years ago

So why would Op even ask this, when a DI is one of the 2 games he owns ( and only 15 posts)? Reaffirmation or remorse?

These are different games and appeal to different types of players. I prefer BM66, someone else prefers DI. "Pinside" as a whole doesn't agree on much of anything.

Yes, they are both great games....BM66 stays, I'll never own DI...one voice....is what it is...

#32 5 years ago

Batman 66 is very fun!

DI ... not so much for me.

#33 5 years ago

If you like the old bally williams rulesheets (play modes to light a wizard mode) get DI
If you like fantastic rulesheets with lots af strategy and risk/reward, get the best stern pinball ever: BM66

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

If you like the old bally williams rulesheets (play modes to light a wizard mode) get DI
If you like fantastic rulesheets with lots af strategy and risk/reward, get the best stern pinball ever: BM66

You had me until best Stern ever.

#35 5 years ago

I feel like I've heard a very similar debate before...

O'Doyle: Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis. It's the best video game ever.

Billy Madison: I disagree, it's a very good game but I think Donkey Kong is the best game ever.

O'Doyle: Donkey Kong sucks!

Billy Madison: You know something? You suck!

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I feel like I've heard a very similar debate before...
O'Doyle: Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis. It's the best video game ever.
Billy Madison: I disagree, it's a very good game but I think Donkey Kong is the best game ever.
O'Doyle: Donkey Kong sucks!
Billy Madison: You know something? You suck!

Exactly.....New Year's resolution (starting early for me).....no more "which game is better" threads for me

#37 5 years ago

I have not played BM66 too much and only like a year ago, so can not relate to how good the code is now. I thought it was a clunk fest and not a smooth shooter.

Some games with a ‘not great layout’ may become great with code, TWD was saved in such a way.

However what DI has is great shooting, great layout and toys. I mean the way the ball can enter the pops from above or pass over depending on the direction and the speed of the shot is excellent. The code is good as well but mostly it’s the layout, lighting and toys and sound effects that makes DI great.

I really happen to like the theme of DI as well, it’s funny disaster theme..

The code too of DI is good, maybe great but not yet outstanding maybe never will be outstanding but it certainly doesn’t let the game down imo.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Have you ever had anything good to say about JJP? No lol.

And you always kiss Jacks ass two sides of the same coin

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So why would Op even ask this, when a DI is one of the 2 games he owns ( and only 15 posts)? Reaffirmation or remorse?
These are different games and appeal to different types of players. I prefer BM66, someone else prefers DI. "Pinside" as a whole doesn't agree on much of anything.
Yes, they are both great games....BM66 stays, I'll never own DI...one voice....is what it is...

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Exactly.....New Year's resolution (starting early for me).....no more "which game is better" threads for me

The over/under for your resolution is 30 days. I'll take the under.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I have a DI and like Batman 66, but haven't played it with the newest code. These two games are the best newer games from each manufacturer (my opinion) and fall in similar price points.

I just feel like they're a close match and wanted to see what the community thought. I hope to own a Batman 66 someday, too!

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

And you always kiss Jacks ass two sides of the same coin

Same question goes for you, always bashing JJP lol. I've been critical of JJP as many times in the past.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Because the most important shot is unmakable.if I have to plan trick bank shots to get a sim card... somethings not right with the hole placement.. you cant fix that with code.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Because the most important shot is unmakable.if I have to plan trick bank shots to get a sim card... somethings not right with the hole placement.. you cant fix that with code.

With the new Cliffy installed at the SIM card hole and the power turned down a bit for the upper right flipper it's a challenging yet makeable shot.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

It's a difficult shot and done so on purpose. Since the progression of the game depends on playing through modes and collecting sim cards, if you make it too easy, you get a game that doesn't have longevity. It can be made intentionally.

#46 5 years ago

DI shoots super smooth, has great code art and sounds. BM66 is quite clunky, the turntable is slow, you cant fix that with code.

Not that Id mind having a BM66 for a while, however all around DI is the superior game.

#47 5 years ago

well I know hat would ruffle some feathers. but I watched some pro's play and there shot percentage was not much better.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.well have to agree to disagree. anyway I replaced it with a smooth shooting deep game with makeable shots, that won't be going anywhere. JJP POTC.

wow I was just answering the guys question about why people sell there DI . thats why I sold mine.. other then that I loved it.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I CURSED the SIM shot for a while when I first got my DI. I've since learned to like the difficulty of that shot. It's so exciting to collect that SIM card after completing a mode. If the shot was too easy, it wouldn't feel that special.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It's a difficult shot and done so on purpose.

That shot multiplies disaster mode scoring by a whole number and is the key to mega scores. It's intended to be very difficult. The rest of the shots in the game are relatively easy. I'm pretty sure Pat Lawlor knew what he was doing.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Well then,give us some of your super good weed,so we can see the world the way you do

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-v10-vs-dialed-in-v157?hl=timewellspent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.