(204 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG
41E5F9A4-8307-40E1-A313-FA79996D40B2 (resized).jpeg
jesus (resized).jpeg
di (resized).png
b66 (resized).png
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

well I know hat would ruffle some feathers. but I watched some pro's play and there shot percentage was not much better.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.well have to agree to disagree. anyway I replaced it with a smooth shooting deep game with makeable shots, that won't be going anywhere. JJP POTC.
wow I was just answering the guys question about why people sell there DI . thats why I sold mine.. other then that I loved it.

I love bank shots!

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I love bank shots!

I had the SIM bank shot off the drones nailed the other day. I even called the shot from a cradle in front of a friend. Pure awesomeness.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

With the new Cliffy installed at the SIM card hole and the power turned down a bit for the upper right flipper it's a challenging yet makeable shot.

What do you have your upper right flipper set at?

Does it compromise the ramp shot?

#54 5 years ago

Double post

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Same question goes for you, always bashing JJP lol. I've been critical of JJP as many times in the past.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I never bring up JJP on my own I reply to dumb ass comments made by JJP fanboys.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from BigStiffy:

I have a DI and like Batman 66, but haven't played it with the newest code. These two games are the best newer games from each manufacturer (my opinion) and fall in similar price points.
I just feel like they're a close match and wanted to see what the community thought. I hope to own a Batman 66 someday, too!

Fair enough....I would encourage you to play BM66 with latest code, to help make a decision on possibly being your next game. It's not a clunker...simply a shot maker. Quite deep and immersive. Love the game.

Given the amount of BM66 vs DI in circulation (they just didn't make many of the former), the "Pinside Ownership" #'s are not a great way to gauge a game's quality, or desire for ownership. (if you actually run a curved view of the poll, you will see BM compares quite well, if not superior in preference).

Both got bad raps for different reasons upon launch (price and code for BM66, odd, original theme for DI), but have both risen to a great point in their respective arenas.

Glad you enjoy DI, and hope you get to play BM66 soon....a very, very worthy addition to your lineup, imho...

#57 5 years ago

Its been in my collection awhile, but new code on DI is a game changer. Can’t wait to play the BM66 I ordered today

I’m an equal opportunity brand pinball player/collector

#58 5 years ago

As good as Batman 66 is, Dialed In should win this contest by a country mile. I own and like both tables, but Dialed In edges out B66 with tons of toys and play field shots to make for smooth buttery game play. Dialed In is hands down better than B66 clunky back of the table shot selection. With front SDTM danger shots to start with. B66 theme integration is the best of any Stern table, but Dialed In - “Get Smart” type theme integration is on par with B66 too (Max used a (shoe) phone as a tool too, to deal with disasters, against Kaos - Control vs. Kaos). Both have campy humor galore.

Batman: Robin, Let’s clunk past the left orbit to get the batmoblie to clunk clunk (silver ball) out of the bat cave.
Robin: Holy clunking Batman!

Voting polls can be such fun, but don’t really prove anything. It’s a matter of taste after all. Some perfer fast arcade style tournament ready tables and others like deep varying home play style tables.
41E5F9A4-8307-40E1-A313-FA79996D40B2 (resized).jpeg41E5F9A4-8307-40E1-A313-FA79996D40B2 (resized).jpeg

#59 5 years ago

Had both games, Batman66 is still here, Dile is gone and honestly not really missed. Quality build goes to Dile no question but hit the button one more time goes to 66. The drones are nice I guess along with the phone app gimmick, but adds nothing to game play. I never used the app once.

The sim hole is annoying and the flippers don't have the same snappiness as Bm66. Theme integration and display animations go to Bm66. I was actually let down by the animations in Dile. A static city, multi ball animation gets boring fast and whats the deal with the match sequence? Is it a microwave? Really uninspired animations which shocked me.

Sitting between Bm66 and Maiden, Dile was not played often enough to justify its presence, Tz can satisfy my Lawlor itch.
I wish the game resonated with me more because its a beautiful machine.

JJp wins by a country mile when it comes to menus and ease of use.

#60 5 years ago

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Had both games, Batman66 is still here, Dile is gone and honestly not really missed. Quality build goes to Dile no question but hit the button one more time goes to 66. The drones are nice I guess along with the phone app gimmick, but adds nothing to game play. I never used the app once.
The sim hole is annoying and the flippers don't have the same snappiness as Bm66. Theme integration and display animations go to Bm66. I was actually let down by the animations in Dile. A static city, multi ball animation gets boring fast and whats the deal with the match sequence? Is it a microwave? Really uninspired animations which shocked me.
Sitting between Bm66 and Maiden, Dile was not played often enough to justify its presence, Tz can satisfy my Lawlor itch.

Not trying to get in a debate, nor put down your opinion, or offend you. Just setting the record straight for people trying to make decisions on which table to purchase. If money no issue, buy both like I have.

Comment: Had you used the app, you’d find out it adds amusing fun to the game. Maybe somewhat a gimmicky “look what we can do” demonstration.

The sim hole is annoying

Comment: Sim hole is not completely difficult to hit (maybe for less experienced players, not saying you’re not experienced). Maybe annoying because not always hit when you want, but it is a satisfying shot when you hit it. It is suppose to be the most difficult shot and the reward indicates that. DI has over 20 shots, where my Bat table has 7 main (1 crane, when active) and minor side targets, that slings mainly get.

and the flippers don't have the same snappiness as Bm66.

Comment: You can fully adjust flipper power. My Batman flippers are good too, but DI flippers are more refined and don’t make loud snapping noise like my stern Bats do. It seems to me you don’t remember well, as these complaints are unfounded. Can read similar complaints on other threads of people who’ve never owned DI and trying to put down a masterpiece of a pinball table. Some people just enjoy doing that.

Theme integration and display animations go to Bm66.

Comment: I too love B66, but theme of DI is every bit as good.

I was actually let down by the animations in Dile. A static city,

Comment: Saying city is static makes me question your length of ownership or you didn’t pay attention to screen if you did. Back screen is interactive, not static and reflects in excellent animation what is happening on the playfield.

multi ball animation gets boring fast and whats the deal with the match sequence?

Comment: Same could be said for B66

Is it a microwave? Really uninspired animations which shocked me.

Comment: These are personal taste items.

Comment: I like Bat66 menus too.

If I had money for only one table and since they cost about the same, Dialed In would get my money everytime. However, I purchased Batman first. Always loved the show as a child.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Not trying to get in a debate, nor put down your opinion, or offend you. Just setting the record straight for people trying to make decisions on which table to purchase. If money no issue, buy both like I have.
Comment: Had you used the app, you’d find out how much fun it adds to the game. Not just a gimmick.
The sim hole is annoying
Comment: Sim hole is not difficult to hit (maybe for less experienced players, not saying you’re not experienced). Cannot understand why you think it’s annoying, it is an amazing satisfying shot when you hit it. It is suppose to be the most difficult shot and the reward indicates that. DI has over 20 shots, where my Bat table has 7 main (1 crane, when active) and minor side targets, that slings mainly get.
and the flippers don't have the same snappiness as Bm66.
Comment: You can fully adjust flipper power. My Batman flippers are good too, but DI flippers are more refined and don’t make loud snapping noise like my stern Bats do. It seems to me you don’t remember well, as these complaints are unfounded. Can read similar complaints on other threads of people who’ve never owned DI and trying to put down a masterpiece of a pinball table. Some people just enjoy doing that.
Theme integration and display animations go to Bm66.
Comment: I too love B66, but theme of DI is every bit as good.
I was actually let down by the animations in Dile. A static city,
Comment: Saying city is static makes me question your length of ownership or you didn’t pay attention to screen if you did. Back screen is interactive, not static and reflects in excellent animation what is happening on the playfield.
multi ball animation gets boring fast and whats the deal with the match sequence?
Comment: Same could be said for B66
Is it a microwave? Really uninspired animations which shocked me.
Comment: These are personal taste items.

Comment: I like Bat66 menus too.
If I had money for only one table and since they cost about the same, Dialed In would get my money everytime. However, I purchased Batman first. Always loved the show as a child.

As a DI owner, the app is dumb and the sim card shot is annoying at times so those are valid points.

That being said, DI absolutely smokes 66 and is one of the best this generation. Total package. Updated code takes it to the next level.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

As a DI owner, the app is dumb and the sim card shot is annoying at times so those are valid points.
That being said, DI absolutely smokes 66 and is one of the best this generation. Total package. Updated code takes it to the next level.

I hear you and after thinking more agree on those 2 points somewhat, so changed my entry. Plus agree on last sentence, but still like 66 too.

#64 5 years ago

I’m sure they are both fun, can be great but the nature of the forum is that people might tend to vote which one they own as they like to feel like they made a correct decision and so they have the ‘better’ game (more popular). I’m sure they probably do prefer the one they have more because they could just as easily trade one for the other if they desire.

I did a poll with LotR vs Woz came up kind of 50:50.

With this poll I suspect and the numbers show that more people own DI so it has the edge. The real question would be if we could eliminate any votes from anyone who didn’t own both currently or in the recent past. Some may have sold DI or BM a year ago before the codes were more updated.

The best answer is that it depends on the owner which they prefer. Plus this can change over time, I owned both ST and SM at the same time, I sold SM because it seemed too similar to ST then I bought another SM and sold ST. Now I feel like I wouldn’t mind buying ST again, but deep down I think SM is better. Other people I’m sure have owned both and feel the same or feel the opposite.

#65 5 years ago

I recently bought a B66, but was very tempted by Dialed In. Ultimately what swung it for me is that it's very easy to remove the backboxes on the newer Sterns, whereas it's apparently a nightmare to do so on Dialed In.

I know that for many this is irrelevant, but as I have to go through this to get games in and out it made the decision pretty easy. Still don't understand why JJP made it so hard to remove the DI backbox - it was easier on their earlier games!

I've abstained from voting as I don't have enough time in on B66 to make a decision, but I'm not disappointed so far.

#66 5 years ago

I must start by saying I own a Dialed In,played it at the Louisville Expo with wife.We looked at each other and she says I want this game! I played BM66 and thought it was clunky
with very little on playfield.I must add I’m an old dude and loved Batman 1966 growing up so I love the Franchi artwork

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Because the most important shot is unmakable.if I have to plan trick bank shots to get a sim card... somethings not right with the hole placement.. you cant fix that with code.

^^ this.

Fundamental flaw IMO. You work hard to finish a mode, and instead of being rewarded for actually finishing the mode, you’re just rewarded with a near impossible shot. And if you drain before getting that shot, nothing. When you have to start a multiball to get a shot, something’s wrong. Really frustrating.

Apart from sounds, the rest of the game is great, especially shot layout.

#68 5 years ago

I have both and Batman '66 wins by a country mile. The theme makes you laugh - the Joker, the one liners. The shots are tough (people say that makes them clunky). The modes and rules for batman are simple or deep and it has amazing sound and a theme integration that nobody has come close on.

Cheers,
Neil.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You work hard to finish a mode, and instead of being rewarded for actually finishing the mode, you’re just rewarded with a near impossible shot.

I hear what you're saying but without it, the challenge would be gone. The Big Bang already gives you freebies to light the Sim shot without earning it.

Ripleys is similar but without the added Sim type of requirement after finishing a mode. However, it doesn't have a Free Pass to complete a mode either.

It's hard, but fair.

#70 5 years ago

I’ll take SIM card difficulty with the added ability to free pass a mode via Big Bang shot. I think people are exaggerating how difficult the SIM shot is, it’s not that bad because I get it all the time but it’s more difficult when you have it lit ready to go more pressure.

#71 5 years ago

I haven't spent an extensive amount of time on either, but it is much harder to leave the BM66 than it is the DI. It is just more fun and engaging to me.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The shots are tough (people say that makes them clunky).

It's funny how often those two words are interchanged depending on whether the writer likes a game or not!

#72 5 years ago

I sold DILE after a month and have BM66 a year later. Seems like this is just a personal preference decision. Frankly, I probably bailed on DILE too quickly because of the cell phone, call outs, art, and music. Maybe I'd like it better now with additional code.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Sorry to burst your bubble but I never bring up JJP on my own I reply to dumb ass comments made by JJP fanboys.

LOL! Yeah right, you attack JJP every chance you get. Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

What do you have your upper right flipper set at?
Does it compromise the ramp shot?

Try 14 for the upper left flipper power, I read that from another owner and it's worked out well. I can still make the ramp shot no problem. Before I lowered the flipper power I could rarely make the super skillshot to the SIM card shot but now I probably made it 2-3 times in 10 games.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

horse·shit
/ˈhôr(s)ˌSHit
nounVULGAR SLANG•NORTH AMERICAN
nonsense.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I feel ur pain sir.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I have both and Batman '66 wins by a country mile. The theme makes you laugh - the Joker, the one liners. The shots are tough (people say that makes them clunky). The modes and rules for batman are simple or deep and it has amazing sound and a theme integration that nobody has come close on.
Cheers,
Neil.

And thank you for this!!! +1....out of this silly DI pump...

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And thank you for this!!! +1....out of this silly DI pump...

So he must be correct bc he has both? ... but another person that has both and prefers di is wrong lol.....
These vs threads are pointless for the most part as people like different things for different reasons. I dont care for bat 66 at all bc it just dont shoot well from my experience with it. I l stil play it if i see it tho as i enjoy all pinball to a extent.
Many folks write off di bc of the theme but theres no denying it shoots amazing and has lots going for it including wonderful code.
People need to just go enjoy pinball and stop worrying about what other people have /like.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

LOL! Yeah right, you attack JJP every chance you get. [quoted image]

LOL I don't have to bring up JJP there is always some fanboy on a stern thread saying stern sucks JJP builds solid games yet 37 pg into POTC club thread they are still talking how to fix the game

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL I don't have to bring up JJP there is always some fanboy on a stern thread saying stern sucks JJP builds solid games yet 37 pg into POTC club thread they are still talking how to fix the game

I've been a lurker on Pinside for awhile now. I don't post a lot, but I've noticed you've done your fair share of trolling and bashing on JJP games. Why the such strong disdain for JJP? Honest question.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from BigStiffy:

I've been a lurker on Pinside for awhile now. I don't post a lot, but I've noticed you've done your fair share of trolling and bashing on JJP games. Why the such strong disdain for JJP? Honest question.

Mostly because fans of JJP use bashing Stern as a way of building up JJP or so they think.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from BigStiffy:

Why the such strong disdain for JJP? Honest question.

Speaking as someone who generally likes - not loves - JJP games, I think their game themes have just never been a strong enough draw for me yet to buy one. Dialed In the least so by far.

Batman 66, on the other hand, is a MUCH more attractive theme for me and the vibe it gives off during gameplay is more fun as a result.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Mostly because fans of JJP use bashing Stern as a way of building up JJP or so they think.

Quoted from JY64:

yet 37 pg into POTC club thread they are still talking how to fix the game

Why do you spend your time reading 37 pages into the JJP POTC club thread?

You've even gone as far as starting trolling threads against JJP and their pricing.

I like both DI and BM66. Some people like one and some people like the other. No reason to get bothered by it.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Why do you spend your time reading 37 pages into the JJP POTC club thread?
You've even gone as far as starting trolling threads against JJP and their pricing.
I like both DI and BM66. Some people like one and some people like the other. No reason to get bothered by it.

LOL there is no thread I have ever read 37 pg in the entirety I do not have the time. I look but do not comment at the club pg from time to time it started with lots of issues got better now back to talking issues

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 34.99
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-v10-vs-dialed-in-v157/page/2?hl=silverwings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.