• 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Sethman
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

61B69B24-5BB7-469F-9704-FA1D046A266B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

There does seem to be an odd latency in several areas. Seems like it “gets there” after bat turn, but lots of time in between.

One super jackpot callouts didn’t light the insert or award the points...can’t remember which.....

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Catwoman mode, orange shot to penguin hole "to the bat poles" callout is barely audible. Needs a volume boost.
The turntable needs to transition to the batphone side much , much quicker. Specially noticeable when you collect the 2nd hit to qualify penguin main villain mode. The ball is kicked out of the vuk and down on your flipper sometimes just as the turntable decides to start moving. So you either flub the shot and hit turntable mid-moving, or have to take a different shot as you wait for the correct face to come into position. Other main villains it effects as well, but really bad on penguin since the ball is coming right back and into flip position faster.
I've lowered the motor lag setting quite a bit hoping that would help, but it doesn't seem to be doing enough.

Agreed that the turntable transition still needs to be quicker. Grateful to have adjustments now, but still not quite enough....

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Maybe some logic needs to be put into the code, so it realises the Batphone is going to be needed and ready's the turntable, so as soon as that VUK shot its made it gets its ass moving. Maybe its not possible with the way the turntable is built and it physically cant move any faster, so having a little logic in the code might be the only option?

True....needs to happen, however, as the correct “ scene” must be ready ASAP, w balls in play....better now, but too many brick shots off the posts while the thing is turning. Ingenious however, and will be gold when functioning properly.

Seeing the scrolling screenshots in attract mode assures me that TV is going to be quite interactive at some point.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from chucky3456:

Anyone else having an issue with the Villain Vision tv set? After the update the screen looks weird, like its washed out/way overbright.

Negative for me...still works fine....

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You missed of Villain Vision taunts in your modes/features missing list.

We must have these!!!...just seeing the stills on the tv screen now in attract hints to genius......

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Bugs are being worked on "now" sounds like the code was released a little early probably to give us all something but it ideally needed a couple more days to debug, however the bugs are being ironed out as we speak

Really not as buggy as it’s being made out to be. Yes, they are there...but fun to bug factor is exponentially higher in this release.....played it to death last night, had a blast w the new experience....

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

I really enjoyed playing the new code on Batman ‘66 today. The new code, in my opinion, has changed the whole dynamic and strategy of this game. Before, everybody would start a villain and then immediately go for three locks to get multi-ball. This is not the best strategy on the latest code.
On this code, the real points are obtained from the story mode. Not collecting the super jackpot, but continuing the mode and playing out the storyline of the villain is how you really get the points. It was so fun and entertaining to see the new animations and speech that are in this code update.
Yes, Multipliers are a key element of this game even more than before. Here’s the strategy:
• Start a villain by answering the Bat Phone.
• Immediately go for the 2-Way combo to 2x multiply the entire Mode by shooting the right scoop, then shooting the left orbit.
• After collecting the necessary shots, shoot Super Jackpot in the right scoop. Don’t collect the SJ, but continue the story. Now the next phase of the villain mode is all 3x multiplied.
• After collecting the necessary shots, shoot Super Jackpot in the right scoop. Don’t collect the SJ, but continue the story. Now the next phase of the villain mode is all 4x multiplied.
• After collecting the necessary shots, shoot Super Jackpot in the right scoop. Don’t collect the SJ, but continue the story. Now the next phase of the villain mode is all 5x multiplied.
• Before collecting the final SJ, have a “Commission Gordon Shot Multiplier” on the right scoop, and go through the Bat Cave to start 2x playfield scoring.
• All these Multipliers will add up and combine to give you a MEGA SJ! (See the photo below of my Penguin champion).
This code update was definitely in the right direction and was implemented very well.
When I scored a 600+ million Super Jackpot in Villain Escape Wizard Mode, I was amazed and felt a sense of accomplishment...a feeling I’d never had before on that game.
The minor TV season villains are still not coded.
I’m excited to see how they are integrated into the story line.
Cheers!

Love it...now I have to play better!!!

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

My "Award Lock" is not working. On several occasions, I get the award, but the balls are not locked and they just continue down the PF. Also, when you capture a villain, the video shows Batman shaking Chief O'Hara's hand, then it jumps abruptly to another scene...really choppy and not a smooth transition. I'm still not liking the difference in the audio volume of the new callouts and music with the old.

Polish in order for sure...the audio levels are not consistent ( they've added a bunch), and some of the videos a bit choppy.

Havent had problems w my ball lock, however...not sure whats happening there.

At least we now have much more substance for Lyman to tweak...quite sure it will get done ( rooting heavily for villian vision in next drop)...

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Say what you want, but I am absolutely impressed Stern planned the next BM66 code drops for Thanksgiving holiday and Christmas holiday. If they stick to this plan, it will be the first time ever for 2 planned Stern code releases for a game and show a change in policy. This release should keep you busy for the next 3 weeks!

Agreed!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-v080-bugs-features?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.