• 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Sethman
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

61B69B24-5BB7-469F-9704-FA1D046A266B (resized).jpeg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

UPDATE - We'll clear out items from here as they're verified as fixed in .81

Lots of goodness in .80, but we're a stretch from done. I'll bring .75 bugs over as I find them.

=== Bugs new in .80 ===

General:
* Base Mode: Pricing text should not appear on screen if game set to Free Play
* Bat turn causes several issues when finishing a mode and then starting a 2nd villain. Villain does not immediately start; bat turn lights and sounds don't carry through consistently.
* Sound and callouts are at inconsistent volume. Default voice attenuation settings cause some callouts to be inaudible.

Riddler Mode
* Riddler mode does not light a 2nd shot orange for "to the bat poles"
* Riddler mode does not light SJP for 'Cliffhanger' at the end of any level. Player must complete all Riddler levels to capture.

Penguin Mode
* First two (?) crane hits do not activate shaker motor

=== Fixed from .75 ===
* HSTD for major villains and combo champs now works

#2 6 years ago

There does seem to be an odd latency in several areas. Seems like it “gets there” after bat turn, but lots of time in between.

One super jackpot callouts didn’t light the insert or award the points...can’t remember which.....

#3 6 years ago

Improvements to the Gordon flasher are very nice.

Gordon at the start of a major villain is still unclear and the message on the lcd is gone in an instant!

#4 6 years ago

Updating the rules on TiltForums for now. Once they're more fully documented, I'll update the Pinside rulesheet too.

#5 6 years ago

Catwoman mode, orange shot to penguin hole "to the bat poles" callout is barely audible. Needs a volume boost.

The turntable needs to transition to the batphone side much , much quicker. Specially noticeable when you collect the 2nd hit to qualify penguin main villain mode. The ball is kicked out of the vuk and down on your flipper sometimes just as the turntable decides to start moving. So you either flub the shot and hit turntable mid-moving, or have to take a different shot as you wait for the correct face to come into position. Other main villains it effects as well, but really bad on penguin since the ball is coming right back and into flip position faster.

I've lowered the motor lag setting quite a bit hoping that would help, but it doesn't seem to be doing enough.

#6 6 years ago

Penguin main mode, 1st couple hits to the crane are not triggering shaker.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Catwoman mode, orange shot to penguin hole "to the bat poles" callout is barely audible. Needs a volume boost.
The turntable needs to transition to the batphone side much , much quicker. Specially noticeable when you collect the 2nd hit to qualify penguin main villain mode. The ball is kicked out of the vuk and down on your flipper sometimes just as the turntable decides to start moving. So you either flub the shot and hit turntable mid-moving, or have to take a different shot as you wait for the correct face to come into position. Other main villains it effects as well, but really bad on penguin since the ball is coming right back and into flip position faster.
I've lowered the motor lag setting quite a bit hoping that would help, but it doesn't seem to be doing enough.

Agreed that the turntable transition still needs to be quicker. Grateful to have adjustments now, but still not quite enough....

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed that the turntable transition still needs to be quicker. Grateful to have adjustments now, but still not quite enough....

Maybe some logic needs to be put into the code, so it realises the Batphone is going to be needed and ready's the turntable, so as soon as that VUK shot its made it gets its ass moving. Maybe its not possible with the way the turntable is built and it physically cant move any faster, so having a little logic in the code might be the only option?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Maybe some logic needs to be put into the code, so it realises the Batphone is going to be needed and ready's the turntable, so as soon as that VUK shot its made it gets its ass moving. Maybe its not possible with the way the turntable is built and it physically cant move any faster, so having a little logic in the code might be the only option?

True....needs to happen, however, as the correct “ scene” must be ready ASAP, w balls in play....better now, but too many brick shots off the posts while the thing is turning. Ingenious however, and will be gold when functioning properly.

Seeing the scrolling screenshots in attract mode assures me that TV is going to be quite interactive at some point.

#10 6 years ago

Possible code adjustment:
Anyone else love to see that upon answering the bat phone, that the magnet always catch the ball
In its current state, there are too many cheap drains

#11 6 years ago

The following were collected/summarized from the Batman 66 Club thread

Bugs / inconsistencies:

a) Shaker motor doesn't trigger the first few crane hits. Slingshot flashers no longer seem to go off with a crane hit.

b) The episode continue screen breaks the "style guide" for the display. It should have the comic-book style notes for the choices, but it's just text overlaid on the screen in hard-to-read fashion.

c) super skill shot didn't consistently light the yellow arrows

d) Can skip Riddler 2 and go directly to Riddler 3 by pressing the button again quickly.

Clarifications needed during game play:

a) what does "shoot to light the Bat Beacon" mean?

b) What to shoot for during Riddler mode?

c) Continuing the major villain mode is little confusing as to what to do next. I was shooting Catwoman 3 for awhile with nothing flashing white and SJP not lit.

d) "To the Bat Poles" is a little confusing now too. The 2nd shot on Riddler still isn't orange.

e) Bat Turn mode is all kinds of wonky as to when it ends, when it continues, what's flashing etc. When you take bat turn into base mode and start a new villain things go very sideways for awhile.

Major features missing or very incomplete:
a) Minor villains
b) Batgirl mode or gameplay
c) Batusi mode
d) Villian Vision taunts

Suggestions
a) magnet should grab the ball for a few seconds after answering the Batphone

b) normalize volume of West/Ward callouts. Many are too loud. Batman climbing vertically clip needs to be faded in/out (Personal note - the climbing clip was the most jarring audio issue in the release. As bad as you think might be, it's worse during the game)

c) assemble specific gadgets to build a Bat belt to improve score or progress when battling villains,

d) a hurry up with those crazy foldable Bat shields

e) A Batclimb mode

f) "Holy" sayings mode

#12 6 years ago

Anyone else having an issue with the Villain Vision tv set? After the update the screen looks weird, like its washed out/way overbright.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from chucky3456:

Anyone else having an issue with the Villain Vision tv set? After the update the screen looks weird, like its washed out/way overbright.

Negative for me...still works fine....

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from chucky3456:

Mine looks the same. Is it possible your screen is loose and the viewing angle shifted?

#15 6 years ago

There are quite a few instances during Bat Turn mode where 00 was displayed over a picture of the pickup van. I don't think it was supposed to be zero (and if it is, I suggest if value = 0 don't call overlay).

I saw this during at least one of the villain modes too.

I remember a similar problem that seemed fixed in .71 or .75

#16 6 years ago

Is it confirmed that there are (or are supposed to be) three modes (two cliffhanger options) for each major villain?

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Mine looks the same. Is it possible your screen is loose and the viewing angle shifted?

I'll have to look in to it tomorrow when I get a chance. Perhaps something came loose before the update, didn't notice it prior though.

#18 6 years ago

Riddler 1st orange shot penguin hole "to the bat poles" audio is completely silent. Callout missing.

Penguin mode. Hit the phone to start. The Alfred clip "I'll summon him" plays way too late. It's a good 10+ seconds after the phone has been hit and the mode is active that it plays.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

e) A Batclimb mode

Brilliant idea! That really needs to be a mode, if Stern can use the clips with all the guest "window" appearances that would be insane!

You missed of Villain Vision taunts in your modes/features missing list.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You missed of Villain Vision taunts in your modes/features missing list.

We must have these!!!...just seeing the stills on the tv screen now in attract hints to genius......

#21 6 years ago

Bugs are being worked on "now" sounds like the code was released a little early probably to give us all something but it ideally needed a couple more days to debug, however the bugs are being ironed out as we speak

#22 6 years ago

I really enjoyed playing the new code on Batman ‘66 today. The new code, in my opinion, has changed the whole dynamic and strategy of this game. Before, everybody would start a villain and then immediately go for three locks to get multi-ball. This is not the best strategy on the latest code.

On this code, the real points are obtained from the story mode. Not collecting the super jackpot, but continuing the mode and playing out the storyline of the villain is how you really get the points. It was so fun and entertaining to see the new animations and speech that are in this code update.

Yes, Multipliers are a key element of this game even more than before. Here’s the strategy:
• Start a villain by answering the Bat Phone.
• Immediately go for the 2-Way combo to 2x multiply the entire Mode by shooting the right scoop, then shooting the left orbit.
• After collecting the necessary shots, shoot Super Jackpot in the right scoop. Don’t collect the SJ, but continue the story. Now the next phase of the villain mode is all 3x multiplied.
• After collecting the necessary shots, shoot Super Jackpot in the right scoop. Don’t collect the SJ, but continue the story. Now the next phase of the villain mode is all 4x multiplied.
• After collecting the necessary shots, shoot Super Jackpot in the right scoop. Don’t collect the SJ, but continue the story. Now the next phase of the villain mode is all 5x multiplied.
• Before collecting the final SJ, have a “Commission Gordon Shot Multiplier” on the right scoop, and go through the Bat Cave to start 2x playfield scoring.
• All these Multipliers will add up and combine to give you a MEGA SJ! (See the photo below of my Penguin champion).

This code update was definitely in the right direction and was implemented very well.

When I scored a 600+ million Super Jackpot in Villain Escape Wizard Mode, I was amazed and felt a sense of accomplishment...a feeling I’d never had before on that game.

The minor TV season villains are still not coded.
I’m excited to see how they are integrated into the story line.

Cheers!

61B69B24-5BB7-469F-9704-FA1D046A266B (resized).jpeg61B69B24-5BB7-469F-9704-FA1D046A266B (resized).jpeg

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Bugs are being worked on "now" sounds like the code was released a little early probably to give us all something but it ideally needed a couple more days to debug, however the bugs are being ironed out as we speak

Really not as buggy as it’s being made out to be. Yes, they are there...but fun to bug factor is exponentially higher in this release.....played it to death last night, had a blast w the new experience....

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

I really enjoyed playing the new code on Batman ‘66 today. The new code, in my opinion, has changed the whole dynamic and strategy of this game. Before, everybody would start a villain and then immediately go for three locks to get multi-ball. This is not the best strategy on the latest code.
On this code, the real points are obtained from the story mode. Not collecting the super jackpot, but continuing the mode and playing out the storyline of the villain is how you really get the points. It was so fun and entertaining to see the new animations and speech that are in this code update.
Yes, Multipliers are a key element of this game even more than before. Here’s the strategy:
• Start a villain by answering the Bat Phone.
• Immediately go for the 2-Way combo to 2x multiply the entire Mode by shooting the right scoop, then shooting the left orbit.
• After collecting the necessary shots, shoot Super Jackpot in the right scoop. Don’t collect the SJ, but continue the story. Now the next phase of the villain mode is all 3x multiplied.
• After collecting the necessary shots, shoot Super Jackpot in the right scoop. Don’t collect the SJ, but continue the story. Now the next phase of the villain mode is all 4x multiplied.
• After collecting the necessary shots, shoot Super Jackpot in the right scoop. Don’t collect the SJ, but continue the story. Now the next phase of the villain mode is all 5x multiplied.
• Before collecting the final SJ, have a “Commission Gordon Shot Multiplier” on the right scoop, and go through the Bat Cave to start 2x playfield scoring.
• All these Multipliers will add up and combine to give you a MEGA SJ! (See the photo below of my Penguin champion).
This code update was definitely in the right direction and was implemented very well.
When I scored a 600+ million Super Jackpot in Villain Escape Wizard Mode, I was amazed and felt a sense of accomplishment...a feeling I’d never had before on that game.
The minor TV season villains are still not coded.
I’m excited to see how they are integrated into the story line.
Cheers!

Love it...now I have to play better!!!

#25 6 years ago

Nice work @aaronjames!

All the new video and callouts are great. I keep forgetting to look at the villain vision; I start a game thinking "Watch the VV no matter what..." and then I don't lol.

After a lot of play, the bugs seem pretty confined to Riddler mode and Bat Turn. I don't have a shaker, so I can't discuss that. I also haven't been into MB or the Wiz much as I've been focusing on the major villains.

I'll wrap up everything posted here and edit the OP to make it nice and handy.

Main bug: Riddler mode doesn't do the cliffhanger thing, it just moves right into the next section.

#26 6 years ago

Bug: Pricing text should not appear on screen if game set to Free Play

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The following were collected/summarized from the Batman 66 Club thread
Bugs / inconsistencies:

c) super skill shot didn't consistently light the yellow arrows

jfh I couldn't reproduce this one. Yellow SSS arrows are during major villain modes. During base mode / no active villain, the SSS should flash the major shots in their respective colors & hitting one should start the mode.

#28 6 years ago

I haven't been able to test hold bonus / hold bonus x. Anyone seen it work yet.

#29 6 years ago

My "Award Lock" is not working. On several occasions, I get the award, but the balls are not locked and they just continue down the PF. Also, when you capture a villain, the video shows Batman shaking Chief O'Hara's hand, then it jumps abruptly to another scene...really choppy and not a smooth transition. I'm still not liking the difference in the audio volume of the new callouts and music with the old.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

My "Award Lock" is not working. On several occasions, I get the award, but the balls are not locked and they just continue down the PF. Also, when you capture a villain, the video shows Batman shaking Chief O'Hara's hand, then it jumps abruptly to another scene...really choppy and not a smooth transition. I'm still not liking the difference in the audio volume of the new callouts and music with the old.

Polish in order for sure...the audio levels are not consistent ( they've added a bunch), and some of the videos a bit choppy.

Havent had problems w my ball lock, however...not sure whats happening there.

At least we now have much more substance for Lyman to tweak...quite sure it will get done ( rooting heavily for villian vision in next drop)...

#31 6 years ago

Say what you want, but I am absolutely impressed Stern planned the next BM66 code drops for Thanksgiving holiday and Christmas holiday. If they stick to this plan, it will be the first time ever for 2 planned Stern code releases for a game and show a change in policy. This release should keep you busy for the next 3 weeks!

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Polish in order for sure...the audio levels are not consistent ( they've added a bunch), and some of the videos a bit choppy.
Havent had problems w my ball lock, however...not sure whats happening there.
At least we now have much more substance for Lyman to tweak...quite sure it will get done ( rooting heavily for villian vision in next drop)...

#32 6 years ago

Bamatami Award Lock mystery award should simply light the lock if it's not lit already from hits to the targets or light the next lock light for you. It doesn't actually lock a ball even though it could given the positioning of the saucer and turntable in this particular game.

I've received "Award Lock" several times and seen the expected behavior.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Say what you want, but I am absolutely impressed Stern planned the next BM66 code drops for Thanksgiving holiday and Christmas holiday. If they stick to this plan, it will be the first time ever for 2 planned Stern code releases for a game and show a change in policy. This release should keep you busy for the next 3 weeks!

Agreed!!!

#34 6 years ago

I couldn't reproduce, but when I played it today, I couldn't activate the Joker major villain mode. I hit the targets above the "J O K E R" letters as usual to get the phone to ring, but the hits didn't register. When that game ended, I played another and was able to light up the Joker's letters and the Joker icon to light up on the 4 major villains icons - those 4 round lights a few inches above the flippers), but as the phone started to ring, the ball drained down the left side. However, the ball was saved and the phone was still ringing. I hit it, and it started the Penguin's major villain mode.

#35 6 years ago

legionsoup check to see if the targets that progress towards joker mode are getting stuck behind the bracket. It's a common problem.

#36 6 years ago

.81 released today.

#37 6 years ago

Looks like it cleans up a lot of these items.

#38 6 years ago

2 things I think are still not fixed. The yellow button on the lockdown bar stills doesn’t register sometimes when flashing. I completed penguin and joker and the 3rd villain goes back to penguin instead of one of the 2 remaining.

#39 6 years ago

Update to previous .80 report:

in .81 Pricing card info displays onscreen after Free Play set to yes, but is removed after game is power cycled while in free play mode.

A bug, but probably not worth fixing.

2 weeks later
#40 6 years ago

Code level now .83

Sound level issues noted were addressed in .81

#41 6 years ago

code .83 ball2 first time my bm66 premium ever rebooted during game play. A lot going on, all 4 villains #42 stack set to yes. Only once so far will keep playing. Anyone else notice a reboot w/.83?

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

code .83 ball2 first time my bm66 premium ever rebooted during game play. A lot going on, all 4 villains #42 stack set to yes. Only once so far will keep playing. Anyone else notice a reboot w/.83?

No reboot from me with .83.

The new .83 code is making this game much better.

In Lyman we trust!

#43 6 years ago

Disregard

#44 6 years ago

After downloading .83 and on my third game...

During a game on the second ball, the game started over on its own. (Lost all points, game went to ball one and zero points while ball in play)

#45 6 years ago

An annoying one now that we have minor villains which are stackable is when you only need one ball to start multiball, the Mystery will always award the final lock and start multiball. This is great except when you also have TV lit for Minor Villain, and you are deliberately not starting multiball so you can start a Minor Villain and then bring it into multiball. As it is now, it awards Mystery before TV, and therefore starts multiball before you can select the Minor Villain.
Simple fix, award the TV/Minor Villain first, then award the Mystery/multiball start.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

This happened to me last night for the first time ever. Had chosen Mr. Freeze and ball was in play when all of a sudden, game just shut down and rebooted.

#47 6 years ago

Code 0.83, ocassional premature locked ball release during minor villain modes, and a major villain is active. First ball to drain ends the ball.
Using default settings, except multiball difficulty is set to medium.
There is no reason for the ball lock pin to drop, unless I have a hardware problem.

1 week later
#48 6 years ago

Is anyone willing to share their setup for a ‘fun but not silly easy’ approach? Carryovers, how many shots to multiball etc etc. thanks in advance

#49 6 years ago

Code is now at 0.84

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Update to previous .80 report:
in .81 Pricing card info displays onscreen after Free Play set to yes, but is removed after game is power cycled while in free play mode.
A bug, but probably not worth fixing.

Fixed in .84

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-v080-bugs-features and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.