Batman '66 v0.75 Bugs

By BrewinBombers

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Keeping this to a bug list instead of discussing new features. New Features and scoring changes are updated in the Rules Sheet here on Pinside.

Fixed from .71 to .75
* Villain champion high scores not registering or saving FIXED
* Combo champion only records the first time; becoming the new combo champ doesn't record initials. FIXED
* If shooting the mystery saucer while extra ball is lit, mystery doesn't wait on extra ball to award the mystery value. This is problematic when the award is multiball. FIXED
* Riddler and Penguin lose qualifications shots after completing either Joker or Catwoman mode. That is, if you're one shot away from qualifying Penguin and you complete Joker, Penguin now takes 2 shots to start. Super frustrating. FIXED
* When starting a second villain while carrying Bat Turn mania from a first villain removes all indications that Bat Turn Mania is running until you hit the spinner and sounds kick in again. Half-Fixed
* Ball search dumping physically locked balls from the turntable. FIXED
* Pressing start during the end-of-game sequence launches ball search / warning message on LCD. Now waits.

* Draining while in Batphone Hurry up resets number of shots needed to qualify active villain. (Still confirming)
* If trying to start a game and a ball is missing, Pinball ball search does not trigger the Riddler scoop switch. (confirming)

New Bugs in .75
* Gordon Target in Riddler mode does not increase in value by 100k as it does in Joker Mode. (probable bug, but could be intended behavior)
* There is not a second orange target for the Riddler "to the Bat Poles" mode.
* Gadget to open ball lock diverter on plunge isn't working in Joker Mode
* Penguin Champion does not ask for initials or record a high score.
* The "Open Lock Diverter Gate" does not work in Penguin mode (I need to check other modes); the Gadget is 'used' but nothing happens.
* TILT and DANGER warnings stay on the small LCD in attract mode if tilting / danger on a ball 3 drain.
* Hold Bonus does not work
* Hold Bonus Multiplier does not work
* Starting Bat Turn Mode, capturing a villain and then starting a new villain loses all Bat Turn indicators when the new villain starts. Shooting the turntable will re-start the music, but does not light shots blue.

* Qualifying Bat Turn but not starting it, capturing the current villain incorrectly leaves the JOKER shot lit blue, but you cannot begin Bat Turn mode from the base mode.

* Carrying Bat Turn into base mode halts the point count down, but blue inserts still change color as if the point countdown was still active.

* Typo in the static penguin on-screen graphics "umbrella" is misspelled on the right-hand side.

* Open gate gadget seems to be completely broken on all villains.

* Shooting the right orbit lights the 'combo' red inserts, but the ball drops through the pops and does not pass through the gate to allow for a combo. Inserts should not flash red as the only way to start a combo is with a ramp shot. This bug happens in many situations.

* Hitting the 2nd ramp to qualify Catwoman incorrectly displays the "hit ramps to spell CAT" graphic before going into the Batphone Hurry Up.

* Hitting the Turntable Multiball Super Jackpot does not add a ball as described in the .75 release notes.

BUGS from .70 and .71 and .75
* Combo Champion records, but not shown in attract mode
* Combo length champ records, but not shown in attract mode.
* Insert colors do not alternate when a minor villain is active at turntable. For example, in Joker mode, the insert should alternate white/purple when the shot is needed to advance the mode.
* Insert colors do not alternate to show needed shot for mode advancement during a combo. For example, in Joker mode, the insert should alternate red/purple when the shot is needed to advance the mode and an available combo shot.
* Text for "Villain Lockout..." setting in service mode does not fit on the screen.
* Bat Turn mode named "Bat Turn Mode" during the game; High Score calls it "Bat Turn Mania"
* "Action Button" doesn't indicate a gadget is available when the ball is ready to plunge.

#2 6 years ago

Thanks a lot for keeping this thread updated for BM66 owners.

1 week later
#3 6 years ago

Newly Discovered:

- Penguin Champion does not ask for initials or record a high score.
- The "Open Lock Diverter Gate" does not work in Penguin mode (I need to check other modes); the Gadget is 'used' but nothing happens.
- TILT and DANGER warnings stay on the small LCD in attract mode if tilting / danger on a ball 3 drain.
- Hold Bonus award does not work
- Hold Bonus multiplier seems to be broken (was working in .71)

2 weeks later
#4 6 years ago

I'd held off on posting these since I thought we might get code soon, but here are more 0.75 Bugs:

* Starting Bat Turn Mode, capturing a villain and then starting a new villain loses all Bat Turn indicators. Shooting the turntable will re-start the music, but does not light shots blue.

* Qualifying Bat Turn but not starting it, capturing the current villain incorrectly leaves the JOKER shot lit blue, but you cannot begin Bat Turn mode from the base mode.

* Carrying Bat Turn into base mode halts the point count down, but blue inserts still change color as if the point countdown was still active.

* Typo in the static penguin on-screen graphics "umbrella" is misspelled on the right-hand side.

* Open gate gadget seems to be completely broken on all villains.

* Shooting the right orbit lights the 'combo' red inserts, but the ball drops through the pops and does not pass through the gate to allow for a combo. Inserts should not flash red as the only way to start a combo is with a ramp shot. This bug happens in many situations.

* Hitting the 2nd ramp to qualify Catwoman incorrectly displays the "hit ramps to spell CAT" graphic before going into the Batphone Hurry Up.

* Hitting the Turntable Multiball Super Jackpot does not add a ball as described in the .75 release notes.

#5 6 years ago

Great work BrewinBombers pretty comprehensive list, are you changing this thread title as each new update comes?

It would be pretty handy to have thread with all known bugs for our reference and maybe so Lyman can have a quick read

#6 6 years ago

Yeah, I either change the name or create a new thread depending on how messy it gets. I'm sure there are a lot more that Lyman knows that are listed here. A lot of these are pretty obvious stuff, so it's more a service to the owners / those competing on this game.

1 week later
#7 6 years ago

When the lock ramp is lit, I'm occasionally getting an immediate transition to batphone mode instead, and the ball is not locked.
Anyone else seeing this behavior?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from davidSpumpkins:

When the lock ramp is lit, I'm occasionally getting an immediate transition to batphone mode instead, and the ball is not locked.
Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Since you're experiencing two different behaviors that shouldn't go together I'll ask some dumb questions:

Are you in base mode or in a villain mode when this happens? If you're in base mode, then the lock lamps shouldn't be lit. If you're in a villain, then the phone shouldn't become active. Which is happening?

What version of code are you running?

#9 6 years ago

Yes,Brewinbombers.I have ,but didn't understand what I was seeing!Thank-you for this list,half of this I didn't know!!

#10 6 years ago

I am running 0.75. It must be in a villain mode, since the green lock lights are lit. It is possible I have an intermittent sensor problem with the lock gate- it's as if it doesn't detect the ball is in the lock, and then the turntable spins around to start the bat phone, letting the ball falls out. But, villain modes shouldn't just time out, so I'm not sure what to think. Bad switch? I did the diagnostic tests and they seem ok.

#11 6 years ago

Does it actually start a Batphone mode (turns, beeps, flashes, countdown), or does it just rotate the turntable?

#12 6 years ago

The bat phone starts ringing, and it's overriding the ball lock function. I take it from your questions that this problem might be unique to my machine

#13 6 years ago

The bat phone starts ringing, and it's overriding the ball lock function. I take it from your questions that this problem might be unique to my machine

Do you have setting on for stacking main villains?
Almost sounds like that and your issue would be related. Ive had main villain stacking off for a long time so I can't be sure though.

#14 6 years ago

I did have stacking turned on. I turned it off and it seemed to help. It would be safe to say that this suggests a bug in the stacked mode.

Quoted from Sethman:Do you have setting on for stacking main villains?
Almost sounds like that and your issue would be related. Ive had main villain stacking off for a long time so I can't be sure though.

#15 6 years ago

I'm surprised the list doesn't mention the false-multiball bugs. The trapped balls are sometimes released after villain capture, but the current ball in play ends after any of the multiple balls drain. I just had this happen to me after Riddler capture. There are many other conditions where the locked balls are released, or two balls are incorrectly in play.

#16 6 years ago

I'm surprised the list doesn't mention the false-multiball bugs. The trapped balls are sometimes released after villain capture, but the current ball in play ends after any of the multiple balls drain. I just had this happen to me after Riddler capture. There are many other conditions where the locked balls are released, or two balls are incorrectly in play.

It turns out this was a problem with a sticky turntable lock pin. It was not springing back when the solenoid released. I was able to bend the bracket slightly to get it to move more freely. But, I really should take it apart to make sure the coil sleeve isn't warped or cracked.

#17 6 years ago

Thanks for the update.

2 weeks later
#18 6 years ago

I was able to get the 'open diverter on launch' gadget to work last night, still running .75; I may have been wrong on that, but I went from 100% success in .72, to 1% success in .75. Something feels different about it, but it may not be totally broken.

4 weeks later
#19 6 years ago

Im still having an issue with any locked balls being released into play whenever a villian is captured. The lock pin is momentarily lowering when the tuntable spins around back to villain vision.
Anybody else having this problem?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-v075-bugs?hl=davidspumpkins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.