(Topic ID: 184546)

Batman '66 v0.71 Bugs and Features

By BrewinBombers

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrewinBombers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

For owner's and the interested, I'll keep a list of known bugs and answer questions about .70 here.

Link to Download and Official Read Me:
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-batman-premium

Link to .71 read me:
http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/BATMAN-0_71_0-README.TXT

BUGS in .70 and .71
* If trying to start a game and a ball is missing, Pinball ball search does not trigger the Riddler scoop switch.
* Villain champion high scores not registering or saving
* Combo Champion records, but not shown in attract mode
* Combo length champ records, but not shown in attract mode.
* Combo champion only records the first time; becoming the new combo champ doesn't record initials.
* Draining while in Batphone Hurry up resets number of shots needed to qualify active villain.
* Insert colors do not alternate when a minor villain is active at turntable. For example, in Joker mode, the insert should alternate white/purple when the shot is needed to advance the mode.
* Insert colors do not alternate to show needed shot for mode advancement during a combo. For example, in Joker mode, the insert should alternate red/purple when the shot is needed to advance the mode and an available combo shot.
* If shooting the mystery saucer while extra ball is lit, mystery doesn't wait on extra ball to award the mystery value. This is problematic when the award is multiball.
* Riddler and Penguin lose qualifications shots after completing either Joker or Catwoman mode. That is, if you're one shot away from qualifying Penguin and you complete Joker, Penguin now takes 2 shots to start. Super frustrating.

.71 Specific Bugs
* Text for "Villain Lockout..." setting in service mode does not fit on the screen.
* Bat Turn mode named "Bat Turn Mode" during the game; High Score calls it "Bat Turn Mania"
* Sometimes when starting a second villain while carrying Bat Turn mania from a first villain removes all indications that Bat Turn Mania is running until you hit the spinner and sounds kick in again.
* Bat Turn Mania says that the timer is stopped after exiting a villain mode, but the on-screen timer still counts down.
* "Action Button" doesn't indicate a gadget is available when the ball is ready to plunge.

Fixed from .70 to .71:
* Combos longer than 2 are not properly credited in the bonus (i.e. 6 way combo counted as 1)
* A bug in VILLAIN ESCAPE that would cause the scores to be initialized improperly. This caused the jackpot values to take on bad (large) values. This has been corrected. (See the quintillion score COW image)

#2 7 years ago

Undocumented Change:

Bonus Award for each combo is now 250,000 (was 500,00).

#3 7 years ago

Bug:

In Riddler Mode, the needed shot will move to the scoop forcing you to end the mode and making it impossible to rack up high Riddler scores.

#6 7 years ago

Yeah, ball search is still pretty bad. They fixed one minor thing, but there whole system needs to be re-examined.

2 weeks later
#7 6 years ago

Bug:

There are times when qualifying a villain, but not answering the phone will reset the number of shots needed to qualify the villain again. For example, if you qualify Riddler and drain while the phone is ringing, you will need two Riddler shots to re-qualify. It should be just one. Penguin also does this; Joker and Catwoman haven't been confirmed.

#8 6 years ago

Big Scoring Bug:
Combos longer than 2 are not properly credited in the bonus. i.e. A 6 way combo is credited as 1 combo in the bonus when it should be 5.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Game lockup/reset during wizard mode start.

DavidPinballWizz I haven't seen or heard that one yet. Can you provide some more information or steps to reproduce it?

1 week later
#14 6 years ago

Downloading .71 now; I'll keep this thread up to date.

#15 6 years ago

THIS is a very valuable addition:
- Gadget applied during the penguin mode now awards a crane hit if there
is nothing else to award.

#18 6 years ago

.71 Update
Combo bug from .70 is fixed.
Combo high score bug from .70 is fixed; still no display of the two combo champions in attract mode, but combo champs work properly.

New in .71 "Bat Turn Mania" champion available; not in attract mode.

Starting Bat Turn mania and keeping it going for the duration of your ball (even across capturing multiple villains) is crazy valuable.

#20 6 years ago

I'm not entirely sure Monster; I've had that happen once and only once. I know of others who have had it happen more often. You might check the club thread for help with that one.

#25 6 years ago

"Action Button" doesn't indicate a gadget is available when the ball is ready to plunge. This is important now with the ball lock gadget.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 210.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrewinBombers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-v070-bugs-and-features?tu=BrewinBombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.