Batman '66 v0.71 Bugs and Features

By BrewinBombers

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

For owner's and the interested, I'll keep a list of known bugs and answer questions about .70 here.

Link to Download and Official Read Me:
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-batman-premium

Link to .71 read me:
http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/BATMAN-0_71_0-README.TXT

BUGS in .70 and .71
* If trying to start a game and a ball is missing, Pinball ball search does not trigger the Riddler scoop switch.
* Villain champion high scores not registering or saving
* Combo Champion records, but not shown in attract mode
* Combo length champ records, but not shown in attract mode.
* Combo champion only records the first time; becoming the new combo champ doesn't record initials.
* Draining while in Batphone Hurry up resets number of shots needed to qualify active villain.
* Insert colors do not alternate when a minor villain is active at turntable. For example, in Joker mode, the insert should alternate white/purple when the shot is needed to advance the mode.
* Insert colors do not alternate to show needed shot for mode advancement during a combo. For example, in Joker mode, the insert should alternate red/purple when the shot is needed to advance the mode and an available combo shot.
* If shooting the mystery saucer while extra ball is lit, mystery doesn't wait on extra ball to award the mystery value. This is problematic when the award is multiball.
* Riddler and Penguin lose qualifications shots after completing either Joker or Catwoman mode. That is, if you're one shot away from qualifying Penguin and you complete Joker, Penguin now takes 2 shots to start. Super frustrating.

.71 Specific Bugs
* Text for "Villain Lockout..." setting in service mode does not fit on the screen.
* Bat Turn mode named "Bat Turn Mode" during the game; High Score calls it "Bat Turn Mania"
* Sometimes when starting a second villain while carrying Bat Turn mania from a first villain removes all indications that Bat Turn Mania is running until you hit the spinner and sounds kick in again.
* Bat Turn Mania says that the timer is stopped after exiting a villain mode, but the on-screen timer still counts down.
* "Action Button" doesn't indicate a gadget is available when the ball is ready to plunge.

Fixed from .70 to .71:
* Combos longer than 2 are not properly credited in the bonus (i.e. 6 way combo counted as 1)
* A bug in VILLAIN ESCAPE that would cause the scores to be initialized improperly. This caused the jackpot values to take on bad (large) values. This has been corrected. (See the quintillion score COW image)

#2 7 years ago

Undocumented Change:

Bonus Award for each combo is now 250,000 (was 500,00).

#3 7 years ago

Bug:

In Riddler Mode, the needed shot will move to the scoop forcing you to end the mode and making it impossible to rack up high Riddler scores.

#4 7 years ago

The ball search code still needs work. For instance if the ball gets stuck behind the crane, it releases the locked balls the same time it moves the crane to release to stuck ball. Then you are in some kind of unofficial multiball, except as soon as one ball drains your done.

Also even when I beat the villain high scores, my score doesn't replace the default.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The ball search code still needs work. For instance if the ball gets stuck behind the crane, it releases the locked balls the same time it moves the crane to release to stuck ball. Then you are in some kind of unofficial multiball, except as soon as one ball drains your done.

This is my biggest peeve. I also get an extended hold on the magnet sometimes after starting a villain which initiates complete ball search. The other problem with this is it throws off future ball locks because it assumed one(s) were in there & doesn't know what should be if you get another one in there.

#6 7 years ago

Yeah, ball search is still pretty bad. They fixed one minor thing, but there whole system needs to be re-examined.

2 weeks later
#7 7 years ago

Bug:

There are times when qualifying a villain, but not answering the phone will reset the number of shots needed to qualify the villain again. For example, if you qualify Riddler and drain while the phone is ringing, you will need two Riddler shots to re-qualify. It should be just one. Penguin also does this; Joker and Catwoman haven't been confirmed.

#8 7 years ago

Big Scoring Bug:
Combos longer than 2 are not properly credited in the bonus. i.e. A 6 way combo is credited as 1 combo in the bonus when it should be 5.

#9 7 years ago

Game lockup/reset during wizard mode start.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Game lockup/reset during wizard mode start.

DavidPinballWizz I haven't seen or heard that one yet. Can you provide some more information or steps to reproduce it?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

davidpinballwizz I haven't seen or heard that one yet. Can you provide some more information or steps to reproduce it?

I had the same thing happen last time I played (hit scoop, screen froze, game rebooted). Have the chance to play tomorrow. Will see if it happens again and if there are any clues why.

#12 7 years ago

Doesn't happen always (I only had two wizard mode games on a location game, the first crashed, the other not). But as Brewin mentions, you hit the scoop, the fanfare begins, then game locks up and reboots. Not sure if new balls were served already from the through.

#13 7 years ago

Played last night. Drained with wizard mode lit. On next ball, plunged, it went into the scoop, and the mode started just fine. So no idea what causes it to reboot or not.

#14 6 years ago

Downloading .71 now; I'll keep this thread up to date.

#15 6 years ago

THIS is a very valuable addition:
- Gadget applied during the penguin mode now awards a crane hit if there
is nothing else to award.

#16 6 years ago

Minor bug: the new setting to lock out major villains once captured doesn't fit on the screen properly. The 1st and last word on the setting line have letters cut off the screen.

#17 6 years ago

Following.

#18 6 years ago

.71 Update
Combo bug from .70 is fixed.
Combo high score bug from .70 is fixed; still no display of the two combo champions in attract mode, but combo champs work properly.

New in .71 "Bat Turn Mania" champion available; not in attract mode.

Starting Bat Turn mania and keeping it going for the duration of your ball (even across capturing multiple villains) is crazy valuable.

#19 6 years ago

I got a Batman 66 this weekend and I have an issue with .70 and .71 where sometimes after the magnet grabs the ball, the ball stays there right in the middle of the magnet. A gentle shake gets it off, but this happened right out of the box. Are my balls magnetized or is this a bug? What is the deal here? The balls are the ones that came with the game and started doing this immediately.

-ben

#20 6 years ago

I'm not entirely sure Monster; I've had that happen once and only once. I know of others who have had it happen more often. You might check the club thread for help with that one.

#21 6 years ago

Never saw that one!! The ball does stay on the magnet till after Alfred answers the phone-then release! The magnet is flush to the PF-YES?

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

I got a Batman 66 this weekend and I have an issue with .70 and .71 where sometimes after the magnet grabs the ball, the ball stays there right in the middle of the magnet. A gentle shake gets it off, but this happened right out of the box. Are my balls magnetized or is this a bug? What is the deal here? The balls are the ones that came with the game and started doing this immediately.
-ben

Same with me. Thought it was a software bug.

#23 6 years ago

My ball will stay stuck to the magnet until Alfred's done speaking, then it releases. However, my ball will move ever so slightly up and down while its there. It does this more times than not but will always release the ball. Been this way since new and I think its really cool. Sounds like these magnets can have different behaviors and still function properly.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

-ben

Are you using the balls that came with the machine or did you replace them with another kind of ball? Some types of balls are more prone to becoming magnetized than others and result in this kind of thing happening.

#25 6 years ago

"Action Button" doesn't indicate a gadget is available when the ball is ready to plunge. This is important now with the ball lock gadget.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Are you using the balls that came with the machine or did you replace them with another kind of ball? Some types of balls are more prone to becoming magnetized than others and result in this kind of thing happening.

Balls that it shipped with.

#27 6 years ago

That happens to me, I just thought the magnet was "supposed" to hold the ball for Alfred, and sometimes it didn't, and sometimes it did.

I don't think its a ball problem. The game is likely playing fine.

2 months later
#28 6 years ago

I also get occasional unofficial multiballs, but it ends as soon as the first ball drains.

When shooting the right loop when locks are lit, it sometimes switches immediately to batphone mode and the ball is not locked. I haven't noticed a consistent pattern yet, but I have been cheated out of multiballs when trying to lock the 3rd ball.
Anyone else notice this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-v070-bugs-and-features?hl=davidspumpkins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.