Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2987 (resized).JPG
Iphone83SoftwareUpdateSnore (resized).png
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Was just about to post the exact same.
Would be an easy fix if they just kept the plastic ball lock stopper up when rotating. Having said that I've only ever had one hangup on the turntable when the game was new - hasn't happened since.

Yeah it's happened multiple times to this one. enough that we are nervous to use for tournaments. Do you know if you can set the game to virtual locks?

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Our location B66 is getting a ball hung up in the carrousel and when ball search frees it, it frees any balls hat were locked too. However the game state stays single ball. If one of the balls in play drains it triggers ball over and the end of ball sequence.
Anyone else seen this? Fixes?

Already in the bug list. General ball management problems when ball search kicks in is very bad and becomes sudden death multiball. Not a bad idea, but make it a real mode of one of the Villains.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah it's happened multiple times to this one. enough that we are nervous to use for tournaments. Do you know if you can set the game to virtual locks?

No way I'd use it for a tournament in its current state. Too many unpredictable actions - the worst being the ball search sudden death multiball.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agree with PinMonk that the game is not ready for tournament. But with its relative simplicity and Lyman's clever code, could be a great tournament game. Ball hangs in the turntable area may be a physical hurdle.

In terms of virtual lock, I looked through the menu and found nothing. However there is an option to disable the lock diverter. At the moment, with this enabled, you shoot a lock shot, nothing happens. But I'm assuming in the future, a lock shot hit (orbit) when locks are lit will count as a lock if the diverter is disabled (i.e. A virtual lock).

#55 7 years ago

Currently, if player one locks a ball, then player two attempts to also lock ball 1 the diverter closes and it scores a 'virtual' lock as well. I'm unsure what happens if player 1 starts multiball and then player two attempts to lock ball 2.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Currently, if player one locks a ball, then player two attempts to also lock ball 1 the diverter closes and it scores a 'virtual' lock as well. I'm unsure what happens if player 1 starts multiball and then player two attempts to lock ball 2.

Guessing it would keep track of player 2's original virtual lock and add to it with the 2nd real lock.

#57 7 years ago

I hope that's what will happen, but it's a source of potential bugs at the moment.

What happens for the rest of you good .68 folks when you make the Penguin skill shot? I have no indication during gameplay that there is a switch problem.

#58 7 years ago

Just a small bug - if you launch the ball after a lock or drain when you already have locks activated, and do a super skill shot so the ball travels around to the left flipper, then manage to hit the lock shot again straight away, it doesn't open the lock diverter and doesn't register a lock, even though locks are lit. It's a bit annoying.

#59 7 years ago

Wonder if we're getting another small bump B'66 update tomorrow or something more significant. It will be interesting to see how many of the noted bugs are addressed. Stern's been pretty good about monitoring these dedicated version bug threads...

#60 7 years ago

My hopes for tomorrow's update are way too high. I know that, but I'm excited to get some new stuff.

In .68 what jackpot does the spinner increase? Is it the main multiball jack or something not yet coded?

I bet tomorrow gets us Riddler clips, Gadget clarity like Mystery did in .68 and a minor bump on tv villains.

I'd like to see the bat signal wiz get in there even as a skeleton.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wonder if we're getting another small bump B'66 update tomorrow or something more significant. It will be interesting to see how many of the noted bugs are addressed. Stern's been pretty good about monitoring these dedicated version bug threads...

Did they announce a code drop tomorrow, or is this the " Tuesday" thing?

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Did they announce a code drop tomorrow, or is this the " Tuesday" thing?

It's just the second Tues after the last drop, so the "every other Tues" thing.

#63 7 years ago

My hopes for tomorrow's update are way too high. I know that, but I'm excited to get some new stuff.
In .68 what jackpot does the spinner increase? Is it the main multiball jack or something not yet coded?
I bet tomorrow gets us Riddler clips, Gadget clarity like Mystery did in .68 and a minor bump on tv villains.
I'd like to see the bat signal wiz get in there even as a skeleton.

I'd be happy if most of the more annoying bugs listed are addressed and some progress is made on the other modes as you mentioned.

#64 7 years ago

I guess the record of missing the "every other Tuesday" code drop promised by Gomez continues...

No new rom in sight on Sternpinball.com.

#65 7 years ago

George shouldn't have said it, it was said when Lyman wasn't in the room, and it didn't prove true from the get go, so I think we should drop the expectation every Tuesday. Right now this thread keeps coming back to life, and every missed Tuesday is seen as ANOTHER failed promise, when really it was just the first one that counts. That delivery promise went out the window on week 1.

Lyman is working on it, we know this, code will drop when he feels it is ready. Just like at expo, it was his call to not let people play it there. Lyman is in charge of when we see code.

#66 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure Lyman said "We'll be releasing updates every couple of weeks until we get you there." on the Dead_Flip Batman stream. [EDIT: I'm Wrong] It's possible that my memory is wrong. I'm not a stickler for two weeks on the nose, but I have an expectation of sometime this week. As long as we make progress on a constant two-ish week pace, I'll be plenty happy.

Ball management is my chief complaint.

#67 7 years ago

PinMonk Mystery award also includes "Light Extra Ball" while in the base mode.

#68 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure Lyman said "We'll be releasing updates every couple of weeks until we get you there." on the Dead_Flip Batman stream. It's possible that my memory is wrong. I'm not a stickler for two weeks on the nose, but I have an expectation of sometime this week. As long as we make progress on a constant two-ish week pace, I'll be plenty happy.
Ball management is my chief complaint.

No George was definitely the one who said that when Lyman was away. It's at 10:12 or so in the deadflip Batman stream from 12/30/16.

#69 7 years ago

vireland Mystery award also includes "Light Extra Ball" while in the base mode.

Thanks, I'll add it to the OP.

#70 7 years ago

0.69 available now

#71 7 years ago

0.69 available now

V0.69.0 - February 16, 2017
===========================

- Added shaker motor effects.
- Cleaned up villain super jackpot award display effects (text, speed up).
- Added display effect and sounds for extra ball.
- Added display effect and sounds for extra ball lit.
- Fixed a bug in the batphone hurry-up where stacking the 4th villain
would not lock in the 4th villain; the 4th villain would continually
allow the batphone hurry-up to be restarted.
- Restart batphone hurry-up award from mystery now given every other time.
- Pop bumper target increases the pop bumper values.
- Implemented new versioning scheme.
- Added turntable magnet to villain vision shots to the turntable during
main multiball.
- Changed the names of the TV target targets and lamps.
- Stop penguin skill shot on certain playfield switches.
- Rework text bubbles for skill shot.
- Cleaned up control gate issues. Added open control gate for combos and
for batphone hurry-up.
- Extra ball now awarded on the left loop switch as well as the top eject.
- Added batphone hurry-up champion.
- Fixed an issue with the node start-up code that would fail to detect
the Villain Vision (TV) node on certain games. The node start-up code
would continually reset the node bus, and after 5 tries, give up.
Shortly after giving up, the TV node would come on-line. This has been
corrected.
- Major villain mode scoring now based on:
a) Number of times all villains have been captured
b) Batphone hurry-up score
c) Number of villain shots made.
- Major villain advance was not being initialized correctly (villains
would not require more shots after they had been completed). This has
been fixed.
- Added restart batphone hurry-up award to mystery.

#72 7 years ago

Given the small amount in this update, it might make more sense for PinMonk to simply change the thread name instead of starting a new one.

#73 7 years ago

Given the small amount in this update, it might make more sense for vireland to simply change the thread name instead of starting a new one.

I agree.

#74 7 years ago

New extra ball lit screen and extra ball animation are welcome, but I wish they had addressed at least some of the bugs on the list.

#75 7 years ago

Did they change/add or even amplify the sound effect for "Crack" when hitting jackpots during multiball? Its a really awesome, loud horn effect. Granted I haven't had many multiballs so far, but I just had a killer game on the new code and that was going off and it was badass!

#76 7 years ago

updating now. These updates aren't huge, but they at least are moving us along. OBviously if we waited 3 months for an update, and wrapped 4-5 of these updates into 1, it would be pretty significant. So we are getting it piecemeal instead.

#77 7 years ago

The new full orbit shot should add some speed to the game.

#78 7 years ago

Just played a game. The one thing that jumped out at me was the extra ball animation. It seemed to be a custom piece, ala Aerosmith art, of Batman throwing a ball. Will be cool if the game gets a lot more custom animation.

#79 7 years ago

Is that now always a full orbit for the right shot when lock is not lit?

#80 7 years ago

Noticed that immediately and liked it!

#81 7 years ago

That full orbit shot felt good

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Just played a game. The one thing that jumped out at me was the extra ball animation. It seemed to be a custom piece, ala Aerosmith art, of Batman throwing a ball. Will be cool if the game gets a lot more custom animation.

I liked the animation, and I'll have to watch it again (and again and again and again), but it seemed like the art direction was kind if weak and it didn't really match known batman animated art. Looked like fan art.

#83 7 years ago

I'm not 100% sure when the right orbit goes all the way around; I had several shots that hit the gate as before, but others would do the full orbit.

#84 7 years ago

I've had the orbit open for sure on the new code. Haven't played enough games, but that ball has flown through multiple times.

#85 7 years ago

The extra ball animation, extra shaker interaction, and full orbit are GREAT adds!!!.....the game is settling in nicely to become a great machine!!!

#86 7 years ago

Wow, from .65 to .69 is great.

Absolutely love it so far!

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The extra ball animation, extra shaker interaction, and full orbit are GREAT adds!!!.....the game is settling in nicely to become a great machine!!!

Not super-stoked for "restart Batphone hurry-up" every other mystery. What's the reasoning for that? Dunno.

#88 7 years ago

There is more work in this coding than most folks know. I know there are many things that need to be addressed, but for 2.5 weeks, I am pretty happy to see this update and the things it addresses. You have to remember, we are not even at version 1 yet! lol Keep them coming!

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I liked the animation, and I'll have to watch it again (and again and again and again), but it seemed like the art direction was kind if weak and it didn't really match known batman animated art. Looked like fan art.

I am guessing they don't have the license to the movie to use the actual footage?

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not super-stoked for "restart Batphone hurry-up" every other mystery. What's the reasoning for that? Dunno.

I think, after playing a bit, the alignment of the Batphone hurry up seems to be more in sync as opposed to be " just in front" of the mode start. Not sure, but the predictability has been better for me in this area.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

When does the shaker shake? I put in a Flipper Fidelity set and it's hard to tell the difference between the base and the shaker.

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

When does the shaker shake? I put in a Flipper Fidelity set and it's hard to tell the difference between the base and the shaker.

Mine shakes after I finish a villain.

Also noticed minor villain music and art when they are selected after getting 3 tv's and then hitting left orbit into saucer. For example, I picked king tut and there was an egyptian motif on LCD and egyptian sounding music was playing. Not sure if there was a specific goal or objective once tut was activated.

Can't wait until more adam and burt callouts are used. They have a LOT of custom speech (as well are tv show sound bites) in yhe firmware. You can hear them all via pinball browser.

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

I am guessing they don't have the license to the movie to use the actual footage?

I don't mean actual footage from the shows, but using keyframes for reference in how the character should look. It's very common in animation to use keyframes and have grunt animators fill in the between frames with the art director making sure the integrity of the "look" is maintained. A good art director is golden. I don't think Stern has that at this point, and with LCD it's more important than ever.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

After Villians....definitely can tell the difference...

#95 7 years ago

Also, is it my imagination, or does 0.69 score higher? I was averaging 300-500k, with some in the 700k range, but since the update, I've been 500-700k without any change in strategy (I do turn stacked villains back on).

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Also, is it my imagination, or does 0.69 score higher? I was averaging 300-500k, with some in the 700k range, but since the update, I've been 500-700k without any change in strategy (I do turn stacked villains back on).

Not your imagination....not sure why, but my scores have elevated, as well.

#97 7 years ago

Scoring is certainly higher. Major villain scoring got a boost. I haven't figured out exactly how it works yet, but 68 was mostly 500k for non-progressing shots; 69 has 750k and up for non-progressing shots as high as 1.5M that I've seen and I suspect they go higher. Plus, the pops now increase in value as well by 1k.

We seem to be tracking to a place where you can risk high scores by playing each villain for a long time, but need to know when to move on to the next. I suspect Batsignal Wizard mode will use the cumulative scores to establish values for the wiz mode.

#98 7 years ago

Really? Lyman fixed 3 bugs and added features in 2 weeks. You got your 2 week update and still complain? I'm impressed that George and Lyman are sticking to around a bi-weekly update until the game is complete. That is a first for Stern and should be welcome not digged.

Given the small amount in this update, it might make more sense for vireland to simply change the thread name instead of starting a new one.

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Really? Lyman fixed 3 bugs and added features in 2 weeks. You got your 2 week update and still complain? I'm impressed that George and Lyman are sticking to around a bi-weekly update until the game is complete. That is a first for Stern and should be welcome not digged.

luvthatapex2 My comment was more around that there are no major new rules changes and few if any of the bugs on our 68 list was changed. My suggestion was as much about forum tidiness and efficiency of keeping the good stuff we have in this thread than the substance of the code.

I am not complaining or digging on them in the least. I'm also impressed that we're on a roll for 'every couple of weeks' and I'm fully aware at how little time two weeks is in the software development world.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

Maybe pinball browser can add some movie footage? Just need a custom clip from Adam West saying "some days you just can't get an extra ball" and we are set up

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-v068-bugs-and-features/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.