Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2987 (resized).JPG
Iphone83SoftwareUpdateSnore (resized).png
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

(Carried this forward to 0.69 since it wasn't a huge update)

New code is out today. I'll list the changelog first, then make a space like the GB and KISS thread to compile bugs from the thread posts after that so all the problems are in one place, hopefully giving them the best chance of being addressed.

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code

V0.68 - January 31, 2017
========================

- Added backgrounds for Mad Hatter and Egghead.
- Timers were not being paused when the minor villain select screen was
running. This has been corrected.
- Removed AUTO default setting for the villain extra ball (the default
is now 2 villains).
- Added display effect, sounds, and speech for main multiball super
jackpot.
- Reworked the multiball rule:
- All shots lit (green).
- Shot scores go up 50k a shot.
- After 15 shots (adjustable), super jackpot lit at the atomic pile
(the turntable moves to the batcave position when lit).
- Main multiball was not computing the scores for the jackpots correctly.
This has been fixed.
- Added sounds for bat phone hurry-up gordon target and ball locked
display effect.
- Top eject and trough were not waiting for multiball start to finish
before kicking balls. This has been corrected.
- Blink the villain lamp associated with the villain for batphone hurry-up.
- Blink the villain lamp associated with the active villain.
- Added missed effects for batphone hurry-up when the hurry-up times out.
- Gordon target increases and restarts the batphone hurry-up.
- Fixed a bug with the major villain modes where the progress for starting
the modes was not being initialized correctly.
- Fixed vertical centering on some text items.
- Added Penguin skill shot.
- Changed RGB LED colors for super skill shot.
- Changed skill shot scores.
- Changed super skill shot to award major villain mode or gadget, as
appropriate.
- Fixed a bug in the skill shot that was causing the skill shot points
to increase over time by large amounts.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the number of shots for the villains to
not increase after the villain was completed.
- Mystery awards were not being given out during multiball. This has
been corrected.
- Shot multiplier target no longer easier if shot multiplier shots are
lit from mystery.
- Light shot multiplier shots award is given out less frequently from
mystery the more it is awarded.
- The shot multiplier target lamp was not being disabled when the
multiplier shots were lit. This has been corrected.
- Shot multiplier target hits were not being reset when the multiplier
shots were lit from mystery. This has been corrected.
- Added mystery display effect, sounds, and speech.
- Added a setting to allow penguin advance from the pop bumpers, but not
after the first penguin completion. (This is the default.)
- Combo award for the penguin VUK was being identified as coming from
the left loop. This has been corrected.
- Added a sound for using a gadget.
- Added status lamps to the catwoman mode.
- All balls are released from the turntable lock at once when there are
no balls locked.
- Fixed a crash bug at the start of ball 2, 3, which occurred with a
villain mode running at the time the skill shot text label was called
to be displayed.

- Incremental updates - speed up future code updates by only copying
changed file(s).

V0.69.0 - February 16, 2017
===========================

- Added shaker motor effects.
- Cleaned up villain super jackpot award display effects (text, speed up).
- Added display effect and sounds for extra ball.
- Added display effect and sounds for extra ball lit.
- Fixed a bug in the batphone hurry-up where stacking the 4th villain
would not lock in the 4th villain; the 4th villain would continually
allow the batphone hurry-up to be restarted.
- Restart batphone hurry-up award from mystery now given every other time.
- Pop bumper target increases the pop bumper values.
- Implemented new versioning scheme.
- Added turntable magnet to villain vision shots to the turntable during
main multiball.
- Changed the names of the TV target targets and lamps.
- Stop penguin skill shot on certain playfield switches.
- Rework text bubbles for skill shot.
- Cleaned up control gate issues. Added open control gate for combos and
for batphone hurry-up.
- Extra ball now awarded on the left loop switch as well as the top eject.
- Added batphone hurry-up champion.
- Fixed an issue with the node start-up code that would fail to detect
the Villain Vision (TV) node on certain games. The node start-up code
would continually reset the node bus, and after 5 tries, give up.
Shortly after giving up, the TV node would come on-line. This has been
corrected.
- Major villain mode scoring now based on:
a) Number of times all villains have been captured
b) Batphone hurry-up score
c) Number of villain shots made.
- Major villain advance was not being initialized correctly (villains
would not require more shots after they had been completed). This has
been fixed.
- Added restart batphone hurry-up award to mystery.

MYSTERY AWARDS IN 0.68:
Hold Bonus
+1 Playfield Multiplier
+5 Bonus X
Light Extra Ball
Multiball
Light Shot Multipliers
Light Lock
Award Lock
5,000,000 points
Add-A-Ball (if in Multiball)
+1 Gadget
500,000 points (displayed in old DMD style dots)

v 0.69 BUGS REMAINING
-----------------------------------------------
- When holding the left flipper button to go for Super Skill Shot at beginning of ball, "INSTANT INFO" comes up too quickly (and is the ugly old DMD style message). Maybe make "INSTANT INFO" take 4 seconds instead of 2 on the left flipper before ball launches, but be normal timing for the right? Using the same button for two things at the same time is tricky.

- Batphone on rotisserie can STILL be in the wrong position asking you to hit it when it can't be hit. Played a number of games when the batphone was stuck on 3 o'clock position while flashing and the hurryup counting down. No way to hit it. Always corrects itself next villain, but it's irritating.

- Batman said "Super Jackpot is lit" during Multiball, but...nope, it wasn't. Later Robin said I collected Super Jackpot, but it was never lit at any time during multiball. If this is a SECOND area, unmarked Super Jackpot at the Atomic Pile, it should be called out better, like "Atomic Pile Super Jackpot" or "Batcave Super Jackpot" so the player understands it's not referring to the ONLY labeled Super Jackpot on the playfield, at the scoop.

- Batphone Champ score can be entered, but it doesn't show in attract mode.

- Mystery awards are activated when you hit scoop, so you know them before the animation announcing the mystery even plays. They shouldn't be awarded until AFTER the animation plays.

- it allows you to try and start a new game before locked balls are returned to the trough. The typical end game stuff happens at the turntable, but if you hit start, ball search starts and then the message about looking for balls is displayed. Kinda silly and a step backwards from .65

- Bad ball management. If the ball gets stuck and it launches another ball to replace it after ball search fails then the stuck ball un-lodges, you're screwed the rest of that game, because it will die when the first of the two balls in play drains, and then it keeps serving two balls on successive balls until the game's over, and the game will always go dead when the first ball exits. Other Sterns manage the balls better, so this can be addressed. This is also a problem when there are balls locked and ball search unloads the ball queue starting an immediate sudden death multiball, where any one ball lost ends the turn.

- MYSTERY should not award you one-off awards multiple times. I had "HOLD BONUS" awarded twice in a single ball, in effect having the second award wasted. If you already have "Hold Bonus" it should not be in the queue to come up again on that ball.

- When selecting a TV Villain, if you use the action button it selects the TVV AND like a bitch, uses your gadget. Gadget use should be suspended during TV Villain selection so you can use the gadget button as a selector without using up a gadget.

- If a ball is sent to the physical lock just as the phone starts beeping, it seems to reject the locked ball (first lock, not sure if this happens on lock 2), rotating the rotisserie around to dump the ball out and the lock doesn't count, because next locked ball is still Lock 1.

- On a related note, if locks are lit, but the right orbit shot "qualifies" Riddler to start the phone ringing, it REJECTS the lock you just earned, rotating the rotisserie and dropping the ball out. You should earn the lock AND start the riddler phone ringing.

- Bang! Book! Craaack! etc in multiball interrupts the Mystery video, taking it away so you don't know what you get! If that stays, it should float some text up the screen with the award you won, or SAY the award so the player knows what the mystery award was!

- If you have Mystery and TV lit and hit the saucer, it does the TV mode TVV selection and you seem to lose the Mystery (unless it's not seen and awarded, which it doesn't seem to be).

- Got a Mystery award where Batman and Robin ran to the computer like usual, but then the screen changed to the ugly DMD-style display and said "500,000" as it was announced the award was 500k. Weird. Only saw this one time.

- If you hit the 15th shot in main multiball and then drain instantly (I know, I know...) the "Super Jackpot is Lit" callout will play during the end of ball bonus on top of the other sounds. If it felt like an intentional taunt, it'd be cool, but it seems like a bug.

- If you adjust the volume during the match sequence, the 'clicking' during the match keeps playing until you trigger another sound.

- If the Batphone hurry up expires, you can quickly shoot a villain shot again (like Penguin for sure) and it will restart the Batphone at the next level. That is, if you have qualified Penguin, Batphone expires, shoot the scoop again and Penguin phone hurry up will start at 3M instead of 1.5.

- HARDWARE. The blue pad on the left side of the left ramp should be mounted on the INSIDE of the ramp. This FIXES the terrible left orbit dead/rattly ball syndrome and make the left orbit actually work reliably.

v 0.69 NEEDS ATTENTION
------------------------------------------
- Little game information messages on the note-paper that slide in on the screen are obscured by the Bang Boom Pow, etc messages during multiball, making them difficult or impossible to read. Maybe put them on "top" of the screen so they're not obscured?

- When batsignal that projects on the ceiling turns on and off (like while the batphone is ringing), it would be nice to have it fade in and out, maybe even flickering as it comes on or fades to off like a real beacon rather than instant on and off. The difference would be a fraction of a second up to maybe a second at most on each end, but the result would be more impressive/realistic version of a batsignal.

- Gadget button should turn solid red or turn OFF when you cannot use it (like when the batphone is active, etc).

- When I maxed out on something (gadget?) hitting it again gave me 1,000,000 in the old DMD style font on-screen. Ugly.

- Option in settings to leave topper light on when game is being played. It's weird that the Batman/Robin part goes dark during games.

- Turntable multiplier 2x, 3x, etc is full screen in the old DMD style font. Ugly.

- Ability to start next game while match animation is happening. Right now you have to wait until it finishes before you can start the next game.

- Showing the high score or grand champion score achieved on the name entry screen for high scores would be nice.

- Villain stack mode should be the default instead of the other way around.

- Jailing more than one villain at once should award more points for each successive villain jailed at the same time since it's hard to do.

- Some more Mystery awards would be nice, like maybe "Commissioner Gordon Hurryup" where you have to hit the CG target and get a bunch of points if you do it quickly. Or maybe "Bad Pussy Hurryup" where you have to hit a catwoman ramp as it tries to drain off up to 10 million from your score. Hit it fast, lose almost nothing. Hit it slow, lose a lot as it counts the loss backwards off your score until you hit one ramp. Infrequent negative (funny or interesting) Mystery awards the player can stop with skill would be a cool break from the usual.

#2 7 years ago

On a quick playthrough, seems like Villain stacking is gone, at least the way it was in 0.65.

#3 7 years ago

A little more play, Batman said "Super Jackpot is lit" during Multiball, but...nope, it wasn't.

Gadgets seem to be able to be banked, but I can't figure out if they do anything except count as a "hit" on bad guys in multiball.

Gadget button was flashing in one of the modes, but I was unable to use it. If it's unavailable in certain modes, it should be unlit, or the color changed to solid red.

Still no modes available beyond the 4 villains. Finish them and you just do them over.

#4 7 years ago

Mystery is a thing now with great callouts and on-screen visuals. It was a true mystery what was happening in .65

A few new callouts here and there; Gordon shot adds time and points, very nice.

Only bug I've found so far is that it allows you to try and start a new game before locked balls are returned to the trough. The typical end game stuff happens at the turntable, but if you hit start, ball search starts and then the message about looking for balls is displayed. Kinda silly and a step backwards from .65

The new super skill shot stuff is very good.

Overall, nice progress that should keep me entertained for a couple weeks I guess.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A little more play, Batman said "Super Jackpot is lit" during Multiball, but...nope, it wasn't.

PinMonk the Multiball super jack is at the Atomic Pile, not the scoop. Where were you looking for the 'Super Jackpot is Lit'?

#6 7 years ago

I was poking around the game adjustments and saw that "Stack Major Villain Modes" is a game adjustment that is currently defaulted to "no".

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I was poking around the game adjustments and saw that "Stack Major Villain Modes" is a game adjustment that is currently defaulted to "no".

Cool. I'll turn that on! I kinda like the challenge of getting multi-jailings at once.

And on the Super Jackpot in multiball, I was looking for the lit insert near the penguin crane that says "SUPER JACKPOT". Seems like the callout should be more specific if there are multiple Super Jackpot places.

#8 7 years ago

I hope that stacking becomes the default, but I doubt it. Stacking is what makes IM so much fun and balances the risk/reward a lot for me. However, I have a hunch that there will be a B66 in my tournament range soon with default settings, so I'd like to figure out a strategy without it before having a 'ground rules' change.

I agree; it's weird that there are two Super Jackpot shots and that only one has a big insert that reads "Super Jackpot".

Has anyone figured out how to beat a TV Villain (TVV) yet? The Atomic shot is lit white after starting a TVV but I haven't been able to make anything happen despite hitting that shot dozens of times. Also, is there any difference between the TVV yet?

#9 7 years ago

Has anyone figured out how to beat a TV Villain (TVV) yet? The Atomic shot is lit white after starting a TVV but I haven't been able to make anything happen despite hitting that shot dozens of times. Also, is there any difference between the TVV yet?

I don't think there's anything happening with the minor villains yet. They did add some more backgrounds and music for them that wasn't there in 0.65, but that's all that really seemed to happen with them on the few plays I had on 0.68 tonight.

#10 7 years ago

Did a 4 villain stack and jailed them all with a single scoop shot tonight. Very challenging NOT to hit the scoop before you're ready to jail them all, but fun. I agree that villain stack mode should be the default instead of the other way around.

Also, it would be nice if the lit villains indicated how many hits were required before they were "done" and ready to be jailed by using a repeating sequence of light or darkness, then a pause, then repeat. Once a villain is ready to be jailed, the insert just glows as it does now. HUGE shame Stern didn't put more RGB inserts in this machine because it would make indicators like this way easier that 1980's one-color flashing.

#11 7 years ago

The volume of my machine seems to reset back to factory every time it powers up.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The volume of my machine seems to reset back to factory every time it powers up.

How odd and annoying! The first time after install, volume was at max, but it's held my new settings.

After starting a TV Villain, the turntable arrow changes to white now - which I think is new - but scoring isn't changing. Hopefully the addition of a show means it's in the works soon.

More rules notes:

Playfield Multiplier
I can't decide if I'm not starting it correctly or if I have something funky with my switches. I thought that you had to hit both the computer and analyzer to enable the atomic pile for 2x pf scoring. That doesn't seem to always happen. What am I missing?

I'm not quite sure how to light Mystery, but here's a list of Mystery awards that I've seen so far:
+5x Bonus
Hold Bonus
Award Lock
Light Shot Multipliers

Known Gadgets so far:
Award Major Shot (progress towards major villain)
Give Some Points (unsure if it does anything else)
Do a light show that does something else unknown
Add-a-ball if in multiball (90% sure)
Light Shot Multipliers (50% sure)

There is what I consider to be a bug; when selecting a TV Villain, if you use the action button it selects the TVV AND uses your gadget.

#13 7 years ago

How odd and annoying! The first time after install, volume was at max, but it's held my new settings.

That is odd then. Can anyone else chime in if it is working correctly for them? It was fine on the previous version.

Other settings, like Freeplay, are saved properly, so its not like everything is being lost. Only the volume setting.

#14 7 years ago

I've gotten +1 Gadget on Mystery award as well. Seems all I ever get are +1 Gadget and +5x Bonus

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I've gotten +1 Gadget on Mystery award as well. Seems all I ever get are +1 Gadget and +5x Bonus

I've seen all the multiplier awards I listed multiple times, and I haven't seen any others yet. No idea how to light mystery.

I think it lost my high score from last night. We'll see after I turn it on this afternoon.

frolic what volume do you typically have your game set to while playing?

While in a major villain mode, I think it's strange to have the 'wrong' shots worth the same amount as the 'right' shots. Red and Purple shots in Joke are both worth 500k. I'd like to see that change to encourage finishing a mode. Right now, it's almost better to just get into a villain mode (catwoman in particular) and spam shots while avoiding progress.

I also just noticed last night that completing the lower lane bat signals also increases spinner value. I have no idea what lights the spinner, but it can be pretty lucrative to hit it when it's at 100k / revolution and increases the jackpot value. At the moment, I haven't seen anything increase the value of the pops.

#16 7 years ago

Super skill shot while a major villain is running awards a gadget.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I had Mystery award Multiball when I had two balls locked.

There are quite a few modes and features in the game settings that aren't in the game yet. Villain champion scores, a multiball or two, something about sending villains to jail (we THINK that's what the "SJ" abbreviation is) with the gadget and other things.

#18 7 years ago

Where do you see this "SJ"? Sounds like super jackpot to me, but I don't have the context. I'd assume that you earned the multiball on mystery with the 'award lock' finishing out the 3rd locked ball. I wouldn't be surprised to see a "multiball" mystery award since many other games have it; however, I haven't seen it yet.

#19 7 years ago

Where do you see this "SJ"? Sounds like super jackpot to me, but I don't have the context. I'd assume that you earned the multiball on mystery with the 'award lock' finishing out the 3rd locked ball. I wouldn't be surprised to see a "multiball" mystery award since many other games have it; however, I haven't seen it yet.

Yes! SJ=Super Jackpot makes a LOT more sense. It's in the game settings under the batman specific stuff, somewhere around the 80's or so in setting number.

Yeah, I had two balls locked, but the mystery award wasn't "Award Lock" (which I've also got), but "Multiball".

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes! SJ=Super Jackpot makes a LOT more sense. It's in the game settings under the batman specific stuff, somewhere around the 80's or so in setting number.
Yeah, I had two balls locked, but the mystery award wasn't "Award Lock" (which I've also got), but "Multiball".

I need to poke around the game settings more. Sounds like some good stuff in there.

Multiball as mystery awwwwwwwwwww yeah!

#21 7 years ago

Mystery awards I've seen in 0.68:
Award Lock
+5x bonus
Multiball
Hold Bonus
Light Playfield Multipliers
+1 Gadget

If anyone has seen others, I'll add them to the OP.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mystery awards I've seen in 0.68:
Light Playfield Multipliers
If anyone has seen others, I'll add them to the OP.

Playfield multipliers or shot multipliers? I'm not trying to be a pedantic arse, I'm really curious if there's a playfield multiplier in mystery.

Outside of your list I've seen:
Light Shot Multipliers (unless this is the same as yours)
Light Lock

#23 7 years ago

Known Gadgets so far:
Award Major Shot (progress towards major villain)

Just completed ridler by using a couple gadgets I had. Yellow flashing button. But didn't work on the final jackpot shot. It works a lot like VIP passes on AC/DC in that sense.

Got add a ball in multiball also, but not sure how - possibly like AC/DC, by completing the current villain that you take into multiball.

Already this is shaping up really nicely, and we haven't even started.

#24 7 years ago

Playfield multipliers or shot multipliers? I'm not trying to be a pedantic arse, I'm really curious if there's a playfield multiplier in mystery.
Outside of your list I've seen:
Light Shot Multipliers (unless this is the same as yours)
Light Lock

Probably shot multipliers now that I think about it. Added yours and fixed the OP list.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just completed ridler by using a couple gadgets I had. Yellow flashing button. But didn't work on the final jackpot shot. It works a lot like VIP passes on AC/DC in that sense.
Got add a ball in multiball also, but not sure how - possibly like AC/DC, by completing the current villain that you take into multiball.
Already this is shaping up really nicely, and we haven't even started.

I *hate* that the ball lock will be closed when the lights on the right orbit indicate you should be able to make it.

It's also irritating that the gadget light continually flashes, even though you can't use it at certain times like when the batphone is ringing.

I seem to enjoy the game the most with the villain stacking because it makes it more challenging NOT to hit the scoop while you're working the stack. The points need to be adjusted to reward one shot multi-villain jailings.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I *hate* that the ball lock will be closed when the lights on the right orbit indicate you should be able to make it.

Not sure what you mean? I think the ball lock is only available or lit during a Villain mode - so the multiball is in effect a Villain multiball. And that also means you will always take a Villain into the multiball.

Quoted from PinMonk:

I seem to enjoy the game the most with the villain stacking because it makes it more challenging NOT to hit the scoop while you're working the stack. The points need to be adjusted to reward one shot multi-villain jailings.

Agree 100% that Villain stacking should be default. Great risk reward. Imagine stacking all 4 villains and taking all into multiball with a few shot multipliers.

#27 7 years ago

I wonder if the stacking option has some extra bugs? Whenever I finish a villain mode, my bat gadget light stops flashing. In fact, I'm always pissed that it's gone, but then I realize it comes back when I start a new villain.

It's also possible that you have some odd gadget that can be used during that time, but it's not working right now.

#28 7 years ago

Villain stacking should be default and you should get a multiplier for each concurrent villain jailed. Jail all 4 in one shot? 4x jackpot multiplier on each. That would make for some intense risk/reward.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not sure what you mean? I think the ball lock is only available or lit during a Villain mode - so the multiball is in effect a Villain multiball. And that also means you will always take a Villain into the multiball.

Just that the lights indicate I should be able to lock a ball, but the gate at the top is not open on the rotisserie to accept the ball. Do you HAVE to be in at least one villain mode for that gate to open? If so, the lights indicating a lock is ready should not be on until it can actually accept a ball.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Agree 100% that Villain stacking should be default. Great risk reward. Imagine stacking all 4 villains and taking all into multiball with a few shot multipliers.

When I finally got a 4 way one shot villain jailing it was very satisfying. Really is my favorite thing about the bare bones game at the moment.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you HAVE to be in at least one villain mode for that gate to open? If so, the lights indicating a lock is ready should not be on until it can actually accept a ball.

Because of the turntable mech, the only time it's in the right spot for locks is when the bat cave/spinner is facing you. And at the moment, the only time that is facing you is when you're fighting a villain. So the locks and the bat cave are really the same thing. You still have to hit the 2 bat computer lights to activate the lock though.

I've personally never seen the right orbit lock lit other than during a Villain, but I only noticed that after I realized that there is no way you can access the locks unless the Bat cave is facing you.

Be interesting to see what Lyman uses for other multiballs.

#32 7 years ago

I have to say that Commissioner Gordon target can pump the batphone to ridiculous levels. I got like 12 million on one batphone because I hit Gordon a few times first!

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have to say that Commissioner Gordon target can pump the batphone to ridiculous levels. I got like 12 million on one batphone because I hit Gordon a few times first!

Wow, this changes the whole game. I just collected 78 million on answering the phone!

That stand up had been blinking at me the whole time and I always ignored it and went straight to the phone as a hurry up. Now you work the Gordon stand up, and a lovely risk/reward challenge starts where you wonder how much you press your luck.

#34 7 years ago

This little development of that one stand up is really exciting to me. Now we're getting a little taste of what's to come and what Lyman brings to the table, and how his nuanced rules elevate games and completely change their shots.

#35 7 years ago

Thank-you all guys for sharing all this info!! I'm finding so much stuff now its hard to keep up! And,we;ve just begun!!

#36 7 years ago

That Gordon shot now is awesome. I've collected over 100 million on a phone call because of it. But I've also drained many times from going for it, from the randomness introduced from the ball ricocheting.

The phone before was quite pedestrian, just hitting it to answer the phone, and now there's a whole minigame involved on juicing it up.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Wow, this changes the whole game. I just collected 78 million on answering the phone!
That stand up had been blinking at me the whole time and I always ignored it and went straight to the phone as a hurry up. Now you work the Gordon stand up, and a lovely risk/reward challenge starts where you wonder how much you press your luck.

Basically I try to keep re-lighting Mystery to get those +5x and locks and hitting the Gordon target now 500-700 million games have become pretty easy.

#38 7 years ago

PinMonk I got +1 playfield multiplier in my mystery today; you were right!

#39 7 years ago

vireland I got +1 playfield multiplier in my mystery today; you were right!

I'll add that back to the OP again. I was keeping track in my head initially and couldn't be sure that's what I really saw. Thanks.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Basically I try to keep re-lighting Mystery to get those +5x and locks and hitting the Gordon target now 500-700 million games have become pretty easy.

Did we work out how to light mystery?

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Did we work out how to light mystery?

Inlane/Outlane rollovers with the batsignal light logos. Light all 4, get a mystery light. Rinse, repeat, profit.

#42 7 years ago

I think he should put in an additional Gordon shot after each "time added" Gordon shot to keep it from being spammed quite so much. But like frolic said, it can be a risky shot. Maybe just nerf the points a bit.

Fwiw: I had 2x PF multiplier running when I hit mystery which gave me 3x. I wonder if it's more likely to award that mystery when having 2x running.

Also, it seems like mystery is awfully easy to earn.

I can't wait to see what next week brings to us.

#43 7 years ago

I think he should put in an additional Gordon shot after each "time added" Gordon shot to keep it from being spammed quite so much. But like frolic said, it can be a risky shot. Maybe just nerf the points a bit.

I expect in time some features will reveal themselves as unbalancing the game and will be tweaked later. But i don't expect much balancing to happen until all the game features and modes are in there and we see how it all shakes out.

I enjoy the Gordon shot quite a bit. I often drain because of it, so it seems fair and high risk.

#44 7 years ago

Anyone have issues with their their front panel speakers after the update? I have an SLE and the front panel speakers stopped working. Not sure if it was 0.68 or before as I just noticed it today. Any advice appreciated!

#45 7 years ago

Super Jackpot during villain multiball is most certainly at the Atomic Pile; 15 shots and it rotates over to Bat Cave. The award and callout is slow, but it's there. Collecting it returns the turntable back to villain vision fro continued multiball play.

I THINK, that the first mystery during multiball is add a ball. It's tough to confirm this, but I suddenly end up with 4 balls and mystery is the only viable explanation.

Also, I think that if you have 2x playfield running and hit mystery, there is a high likelyhood that you'll get +1 multiplier as your award.

Bugs:
Penguin Skill shot text is messed up and also awards 00 points.

#46 7 years ago

Bugs:
Penguin Skill shot text is messed up and also awards 00 points.

Regular skill shot or super?

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Regular skill shot or super?

Neither! It's the newly added skill shot where you're supposed to soft plunge and get it into Penguin. Sometime it's awarded on top of the top lane shot if you don't hit many bumpers too. Penguin scoop is white if you don't use the SSS, ball goes in before the lamp is dark and you're "awarded" the Penguin skill shot.

#48 7 years ago

Neither! It's the newly added skill shot where you're supposed to soft plunge and get it into Penguin. Sometime it's awarded on top of the top lane shot if you don't hit many bumpers too. Penguin scoop is white if you don't use the SSS, ball goes in before the lamp is dark and you're "awarded" the Penguin skill shot.

Might be a switch issue with your machine. I tried it 5 or 6 times and got the correct amount awarded each time.

#49 7 years ago

Our location B66 is getting a ball hung up in the carrousel and when ball search frees it, it frees any balls hat were locked too. However the game state stays single ball. If one of the balls in play drains it triggers ball over and the end of ball sequence.

Anyone else seen this? Fixes?

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Our location B66 is getting a ball hung up in the carrousel and when ball search frees it, it frees any balls hat were locked too. However the game state stays single ball. If one of the balls in play drains it triggers ball over and the end of ball sequence.
Anyone else seen this? Fixes?

Was just about to post the exact same.

Would be an easy fix if they just kept the plastic ball lock stopper up when rotating. Having said that I've only ever had one hangup on the turntable when the game was new - hasn't happened since.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 34.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-v068-bugs-and-features and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.