IMG_9948 (resized).jpg
IMG_9881 (resized).jpg
IMG_9875 (resized).jpg
IMG_9897 (resized).jpg
IMG_9892 (resized).jpg
IMG_9896 (resized).jpg
IMG_9860 (resized).jpg
IMG_9863 (resized).jpg
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago

As promised.....The "Batman 66 Atomic Pile Custom" is officially DONE! As previously mentioned, we took a few days to review the prototype from top to bottom, consider feedback, adjust specs, fitment, lighting, color appearance, end user installation, and we feel confident the time was well spent! The biggest change was the hunt for the Exact slate blue accent color to make the mod(el) a perfect match. I think we found it and it looks WAY better then the original test part! Many improvements especially in the wiring and installation documents which I noted earlier. I present now the Finished Atomic Pile!!!! We are collecting orders now in the order received from this point for the first batch of 12 units which will ship Monday AM! This kit is 100% plug and play to the Stern connection. Also, the original Stern Pile is Not effected or harmed so it can be replaced should you decide to reverse (WHY) your decision or sell the game. There really is a Lot of components, art, fabricating, hardware, & time that goes into each of these hand crafted Atomic mods so please understand we did what we could with the price. Complete kits are $163 + $7.25 shipping US. PM me Directly for payment and availability. We Sincerely appreciate Everyones input and support!! We love this hobby and we are Batty for the Batman 66!! PM for interest and availability and Thank You!
The Mod Couple

Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 11.08.48 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-21 at 11.08.48 PM (resized).png

IMG_9612 (resized).jpgIMG_9612 (resized).jpg

IMG_9610 (resized).jpgIMG_9610 (resized).jpg

IMG_9606 (resized).jpgIMG_9606 (resized).jpg

IMG_9600 (resized).jpgIMG_9600 (resized).jpg

IMG_9613 (resized).jpgIMG_9613 (resized).jpg

IMG_9615 (resized).jpgIMG_9615 (resized).jpg

#102 6 years ago

deleted. Question answered in club thread.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

deleted. Question answered in club thread.

Ignored, since there is no Question! lol

#104 6 years ago

Holly Atomic Piles Batman!! The march of the Piles is on track and actually Ahead of schedule!! While we ended up Doubling the production goal for batch 1, Mama Mod Couple was a trooper and painted/assembled by my side all day all weekend. We should have most every Atomic Pile order out Monday as promised as well as moving several of the group 2 orders Up! Full color instructions with photos are included for a seemless installation. I would Estimate (depending on how big your fingers are) they install swap will take around 30 minutes. Thank you ALL for the feedback and your interest in our products!! We are hoping to catch a breath this week and be back on production schedule. Thanks again, we appreciate your business!
The Mod Couple

IMG_9626 (resized).jpgIMG_9626 (resized).jpg

#105 6 years ago

Holly Stalagmites Batman!!! The "Batman 66 Batcave Spinner" is finally Done!! This mod took me a bit longer because it introduced Several variables that I needed to consider for All interested. As we know the Batmobile Car (toy) mounted on our stock disk comes in MANY flavors, colors, makes, etc. Add to that Stern had a revision which implemented Permanent mounting of the car to the plate via a set of non removable rivets! With those variables in consideration I believe we came out with a solution that supports everyones needs and I personally think looks Darn Cool!! The kit as shown includes a diamond plate Translucent mask decal for the top or base of your Existing spinner disk. So if your car is mounted, custom, or other this will still work! The mask really accents the Batmobile parked on a mechanical type platform while still offering a clear view of the turntable below!! Then to highlight the Batcave look we have a Hand Painted set of rock walls (cave stalagmite forms) accenting the turn table similar to the Real Batcave. In Mod Couple fashion Please also notice the Very subtle raised and detailed Bat Logo in both walls of the Batcave for that Finished look!! Reminder, NO 2 rocks are the same! Each rock is hand painted and unique. While not the most extreme mod upgrade the simplicity in our view fully completes the Batcave look Especially if you have the Awesome Atomic Pile in the background! Minor note, we did not like the shiny stock screws so Black replacements will be included in every kit. Kit includes (2) Custom Batcave walls, (1) platform diamond plate decal, (2) Black finish screws, and of coarse my Detailed color instruction manual! lol If interested we are selling these Today for $29.50 with Free US shipping. Note that they will be shipping in the order of order receipt and first batches will go out Next week Monday! Thanks again to all for your interest, we appreciate your support and business!!
The Mod Couple!

IMG_9724 (resized).jpgIMG_9724 (resized).jpg

IMG_9729 (resized).jpgIMG_9729 (resized).jpg

IMG_9728 (resized).jpgIMG_9728 (resized).jpg

#106 6 years ago

Order sent.

My checking account isn't empty yet. I have all your Batman mods now - what else you have in mind?

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Order sent.
My checking account isn't empty yet. I have all your Batman mods now - what else you have in mind?

Lol. We Appreciate you! Thanks

The Mod Couple

#108 6 years ago

Yelobird I have a set of the SLE decals I was eventually planning on putting on a Batman 66 down the road. Would consider selling if you or someone else is interested. I have got too many projects ahead and sold my LE quite a while ago.

#109 6 years ago

I would be interested in those SLE Decals. PM me

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from Texasff78:

Yelobird I have a set of the SLE decals I was eventually planning on putting on a Batman 66 down the road. Would consider selling if you or someone else is interested. I have got too many projects ahead and sold my LE quite a while ago.

Here is a pic of the decals

7CA925D8-094E-410F-B75D-A6F6977E2BF4.jpeg7CA925D8-094E-410F-B75D-A6F6977E2BF4.jpeg

#111 6 years ago

Please let me be your buyer! You would Absolutely make my clone conversion complete!!

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Please let me be your buyer! You would Absolutely make my clone conversion complete!!

Ideally whoever buys them, if they could reproduce them, sure there would be a big market for them.

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ideally whoever buys them, if they could reproduce them, sure there would be a big market for them.

I'm sure Stern would object.

Not sure the market would be all that large either. I doubt many LE owners would want to cover their art, so the potential market is essentially Premium owners.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm sure Stern would object.
Not sure the market would be all that large either. I doubt many LE owners would want to cover their art, so the potential market is essentially Premium owners.

Good points, I’m just surprised to see a set of these out there, I heard a SLE owner damaged his cabinet decals and it wasn’t a simple process to get them replaced.

#115 6 years ago

Hopefully anyone who gets these doesn’t cover up their cabinet art. It would need to be replaced. Either remove the decals which isn’t too difficult on these games or find a bare Stern cabinet. LE decals are going to be much easier to find if someone ever wanted to go back.

#116 6 years ago

Decal set is spoken for. Appreciate the interest.

#117 6 years ago

I wanted to provide a product update from The Mod Couple. Due to many feedback requests (and Appreciated!) we have decided to also offer the Custom Batcave Spinner with hand Pinstrip as an Ala-cart. The Batcave Spinner upgrade is still offered as previous and if you wish simply add the Clear Custom pinstrip disk as an upgrade if that is your preference. The Batcave Spinner upgrade kit is still $29.50 free shipping. If you wish to add the Custom Clear disk option that would be $12.25 extra. $41.75 total for the kit. If you prefer to Only purchase the Spinner Disk (includes the Diamond Plate decal!) the cost is $17.25 free shipping. With this setup you can choose what you like. Thanks to All again for the feedback and interest in our products. It is wonderful to know your efforts are appreciated and we hope to continue to impress as we move forward! PM for interest or purchase. All items are currently IN Stock and ready to ship.
The Mod Couple

IMG_9746 (resized).jpgIMG_9746 (resized).jpg

IMG_9724 (resized).jpgIMG_9724 (resized).jpg

#118 6 years ago

A few have requested an updated photo showing the Complete Batcave Spinner kit with the upgraded Clear pinstriped diamond-plate disk installed. Hope this illustrates the kit better. Thanks again for all the interest. PM for availability or purchase.

The Mod Couple

IMG_9769 (resized).jpgIMG_9769 (resized).jpg

IMG_9773 (resized).jpgIMG_9773 (resized).jpg

#119 6 years ago

The Batman 66 "KaBoom Bar Badge" is Done! After receiving our Awesome LE the one Stand out what the &^% for us was the boring lockdown bar sticker with elevated button. Just seemed out of place and a last minute detail addition. Sooo, in Mod Couple fashion we decided to create our Own theme correct variation! The KaBoom Badge is Completely plug and play as always. Goes Over your existing Stern sticker to keep your games purity (or SLE value) and fits like a Glove with the Exact same button and bar socket profile as the original black spacer. 5 minute setup tops. 3D profiled with random raised lettering each hand painted to Batman styling. Badge is also angle shaped to match the lockdown bar profile on all sides! For the final small touch, a clear print "KaBoom" decal is included to accent your existing mechanical button for a uniform authentic look! The plastic used was Translucent though the badge only slightly glows in a darker room. Really turned out nice and we hope others will like it as well. The are available now for sale and begin shipping Monday AM! Price is $29.25 Free US shipping. PM for availability and purchase. Thanks as Always for everyones support and interest in our products. We Appreciate you All!
The Mod Couple!!

IMG_9795 (resized).jpgIMG_9795 (resized).jpg
IMG_9794 (resized).jpgIMG_9794 (resized).jpg
IMG_9802 (resized).jpgIMG_9802 (resized).jpg
IMG_9805 (resized).jpgIMG_9805 (resized).jpg

#120 6 years ago

Holly Bat-Thrusters another Button Mod? I had this in the "Back Burner" for those interested in a more Extreme button statement! Our previous KaBoom button was focused on the purist collector that doesn't mind an improvement but does not want to remove factory assigned decals or make modifications. The "Bat-Thrusters-Button" is the Other direction! lol While I like the previous logo I also like the Batmobile so why not Both! "Atomic Batteries to Power" as we know it! This custom variation offers the Batmobile scale rear end (anyone ever try to draw a Batmobile?) complete with pin-strip, Bat logo license plate, top and side and trunk pin-strip details, emergency Bat-parachutes, and of Coarse an integrated (your button) lighting bat thruster! And of coarse a very subtle provided bat thruster decal for your button to help it look just a bit less pinball (ish). As usual this is all of 2 minutes installation. This mod will cover most of the stock Stern Bat decal though as noted I would recommend just loosing the bat! Peel, alcohol, and a paper towel and gone! This is Not meant to please everyone we simply enjoy stretching the boundary a bit to make each machine unique and allow people options. I will have these available next week to ship and pricing should be finalized in a few days. Thanks as always for Everyones support and interest in our products. We love try new concepts and we love your feedback! PM as always for interest and Thank You!
The Mod Couple

IMG_9843 (resized).jpgIMG_9843 (resized).jpg

IMG_9844 (resized).jpgIMG_9844 (resized).jpg

IMG_9831 (resized).jpgIMG_9831 (resized).jpg

IMG_9841 (resized).jpgIMG_9841 (resized).jpg

#121 6 years ago

I bought the all the mods from Yelobird and they are awesome. Every Batman machine should have his mods on it!!!!!! Thanks for coming out an delivering them.

GAP

#122 6 years ago

A few have asked for a detailed instruction on how to Drastically improve commissioner Gordans phone from squeaky dog toy to a Proper phone appropriately themed for this amazing game. While we have No intension of making a kit for this the process is fairly simple though you have to do a little shopping! Using all the provided info from #Doc on where to buy the phones etc (refer back to thread) my journey begins! As noted there is no simple way to get the correct setup for parts. They do sell the phone Cake container separate but the only phone I found is with the ToysRus batcave set. The phone in this set is very athentic and more importantly for our application very translucent! The one that is sold separate (see picture on right) is almost a Snoopy type rubber phone that does not allow light through at all. The translucent phone found the the ToysRus set is a perfect match and slightly larger. Second picture shows proper phone in cake dish. Start by removing TV. 2 screws and one cat5 plug. Remove Atomic pile, 2 screws. Now you need to unplug (3) plugs from the underside of the playfield. (1) for each bat computer, and (1) for the phone itself. Fairly simple just watch the sharp edges down there!! When done you can now carefully remove the base plate (2) screws (2) 6-32 nuts. Finish by removing the actual chewy dog phone. To prep the New phone you need to drill a 3/8" diameter hole completely through the cake base. Special note. When drilling big holes like this in plastic it is best to predrill say 3/16" then high speed drill the 3/8" in Reverse!! This keeps the bit from biting and ripping it out of your hand! The phone base positioning is VERY important! To far back and it hits the TV or Atomic Pile, to far forward and it hits the ramp in rotation!! Look at the pictures Carefully to ensure you only drill the mount 1 time correctly! The cake base is positioned Exactly on center and roughly 1/16" back from Black line into the yellow!! Absolutely perfect. In the next picture I put a piece of painters tape on the plastic to draw on and protect while drilling. Drill a 3/8" diameter hole in the Center with 2 small 5/32" holes positioned as shown but actually put them Closer to the perimeter then I did!! Reason being the board you will mount next is Very close to the screws! The hole Stern already put in the plate (shown in photo at Roughly 6 o-clock position from tape) is used to Remount the prewired LED board you removed from the old dog phone. You will need a 6/32 x 3/8" screw and 1 nut to install the LED board to bottom as shown. Center LED on hole in plastic. Center phone cake disk base over hole making sure it is 1/16" back and fasten from bottom with (2) 3/8" lg self tap wood screws like used on the bottom of Every playfield. At this time I also drilled an additional 1/8" hole to mount my BatPhone statue as shown since I was in there!! To install the Cake base and phone I used a few small dots of Gel Superglue and it worked great. Put everything back together in reverse order and don't forget to share the Old phone with your daughters favorite Friend who should have had that toy from the Start!! Actually a fairly simple project Anyone can do. The result is Absolutely AMAZING looking! Hope this helps others take the leap. Ask if you have any questions!!

IMG_9820 (resized).jpgIMG_9820 (resized).jpg

IMG_9823 (resized).jpgIMG_9823 (resized).jpg

IMG_9848 (resized).jpgIMG_9848 (resized).jpg

IMG_9850 (resized).jpgIMG_9850 (resized).jpg

IMG_9851 (resized).jpgIMG_9851 (resized).jpg

IMG_9852 (resized).jpgIMG_9852 (resized).jpg

IMG_9853 (resized).jpgIMG_9853 (resized).jpg

IMG_9855 (resized).jpgIMG_9855 (resized).jpg

IMG_9857 (resized).jpgIMG_9857 (resized).jpg

IMG_9856 (resized).jpgIMG_9856 (resized).jpg

IMG_9858 (resized).jpgIMG_9858 (resized).jpg

IMG_9854 (resized).jpgIMG_9854 (resized).jpg

IMG_9865 (resized).jpgIMG_9865 (resized).jpg

IMG_9863 (resized).jpgIMG_9863 (resized).jpg

IMG_9860 (resized).jpgIMG_9860 (resized).jpg

#123 6 years ago

Thanks for posting this! I just received my parts yesterday.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Thanks for posting this! I just received my parts yesterday.

Good luck! Fairly simple just take your time! If you have any questions just let me know!

#125 6 years ago

In between 3 hours of beating the new code out of my game I decided I just couldn't accept that cake dish mini phone. It hurt spending close to $60 on all that crap to hate the result but live and learn.... So we decided we would offer a lower cost spot on solution for those like us that hate the dog phone. The New "Batphone" is a completely scale translucent ABS phone with a full 6 LED board custom inserted into the base. The internal area is purposefully cored to allow even light through the phone for a full lighting effect! Looks Awesome though taking a picture of it flashing was a challenge.... The phone is completely plug and play with a direct wire harness attached. No drilling is required as the wire harness goes through the existing hole and removable Gorilla double side clear tape is used to mount. As a final detail each phone dial is hand painted with silver dial and red Button for that final touch!! These will ship next week. Cost per Batphone kit is $26.50 with Free US shipping. We hope you like this improvement and thanks as Always for your support. PM for availability and order.
The Mod Couple

IMG_9896 (resized).jpgIMG_9896 (resized).jpg

IMG_9892 (resized).jpgIMG_9892 (resized).jpg

IMG_9897 (resized).jpgIMG_9897 (resized).jpg

IMG_9875 (resized).jpgIMG_9875 (resized).jpg

IMG_9881 (resized).jpgIMG_9881 (resized).jpg

#126 6 years ago

I like the phone mod but the Shakespeare bust at $6 works out $51 Inc shipping over here. Crikey...

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

I like the phone mod but the Shakespeare bust at $6 works out $51 Inc shipping over here. Crikey...

Yeah, shipping can be a bust overseas. Look around I am certain there are other vendors out there in your area! It does look cool though! lol

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah, shipping can be a bust overseas. Look around I am certain there are other vendors out there in your area! It does look cool though! lol

I've already been scouring and it's a no show here in the UK. Even eBay pulls a blank..

1 week later
#129 6 years ago

The new Bat-Analyzer says code is to drop Soon! Until then, the New "Bat-Puter" set is complete and shipping Now. We have created a set of computer housings to finish off the Batcave look and hide those pesky wires. Complete with Bat identification logos (Batman Loved his label-maker!) and finished with a woodgrain rear panel (per Docs suggestion!). A 3 minute topside install and as always completely reversible. Kit comes with a Set of Batcomputers both "Batcomputer" and "Crime Analyzer" to match the playfield and complete the look. PM for interest, shipping Monday. $24.25 (free US shipping) for the complete set with decals mounted and mounting adhesive applied. Thanks as always for everyones interest!! Back to the bat-cave to wait for code from Commissioner Gordon!

The Mod Couple

IMG_9948 (resized).jpgIMG_9948 (resized).jpg

IMG_9947 (resized).jpgIMG_9947 (resized).jpg

IMG_9956 (resized).jpgIMG_9956 (resized).jpg

IMG_9949 (resized).jpgIMG_9949 (resized).jpg

IMG_9950 (resized).jpgIMG_9950 (resized).jpg

1 year later
#130 5 years ago

I tried converting my Batman 66 Prem to an SLE as close as possible. Below is the blog post and the vid showing the progress and result.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2018/11/18/restoration-sterns-batman-66-premium-model-to-an-super-limited-edition-video/

YouTube Video :

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpgtitle (resized).jpgtitle (resized).jpg
2 years later
#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

More toys.... Cant have a Super LE without the Batmobil and Boat!! For this I liked the location but a simple boring piece of plastic just didn't seem right. Not on this game! As noted before, the Car and Boat can be found on Ebay for usually $10 each. I created a Custom cut mounting plate with detail logo and of Course all hand painted in red pin strip to give it the correct look. I offer the mounting plate shown With the stand off hardware for $24 each plus 5.95 shipping. Each one is precision cut and I think looks perfect especially when lit. The Batmobile and boat do Not come with my kit!! Buy what You like even one of those nice light up ones. You can PM me if anyone is interested. I will have these in full production in 2 weeks to ship from today.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you still make these? How do you attach the bat mobile and boat to the lexan?

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballpaully:

Do you still make these? How do you attach the bat mobile and boat to the lexan?

These and all our mods are available via our website store. Thank so much for your interest! Most opt to use a small tab of double sided tape or sticky dots to mount the cars, boats, whatever... to the mounting plate. Really doesn't move much so that would likely work fine for a long time. Good luck, awesome game!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

4 months later
#133 2 years ago

I don’t own a Batman 66 but I have to say these are some of the most beautiful mods I have ever seen. These mods alone can sell a pinball machine Yelobird your mods are simply the best. Awesome work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-super-le-clone-mods-and-how-to-map-to-sle/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.