Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by PinsOnly
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191203_152054 (resized).jpg
20191203_152027 (resized).jpg
IMAG0551 (resized).jpg
IMAG0553 (resized).jpg
IMAG0556 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Has anyone purchased the Stern Batman 66 Premium topper?

Personally, I am not impressed compared to the LE topper which I wish they would just make available to Premium buyers. $400 for the Premium topper they are selling seems like way too much and it is not half as cool as the LE topper.

I would just like a Red Dome lite like the one on the Batmobile alone - that alone would look better than what I have seen of the Stern Premium topper.

But, I have never seen a video of it, I have never seen it in person, I don't know anyone who has one. I could be wrong I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on the issue.

Anyone have pics on a machine - is their a video of it during game play?

I know there was some talk of toppers from other aftermarket people but to date I have not seen anything.

#2 2 years ago

Stern's toppers are ridiculously overpriced. Put the money towards the next game or wait for a good alternative community creation.

#3 2 years ago

I didn't even know they released a topper for the Premium.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Personally, I am not impressed compared to the LE topper which I wish they would just make available to Premium buyers. $400 for the Premium topper they are selling seems like way too much and it is not half as cool as the LE topper.
I would just like a Red Dome lite like the one on the Batmobile alone - that alone would look better than what I have seen of the Stern Premium topper.

Yeah the premium topper pretty much sucks, I went in for the LE because it had the topper plus bat cut side rails, black/gold flake powdercoated armour, powder coated ramps, Adam West signature card and wasn't much more than the premium at the time so those upgrades seemed worth the jump. I am also not normally a topper guy but the LE topper is pretty cool, so maybe try and find an LE and make the upgrade?

#5 2 years ago

I have the PRE topper and trust me its NOT worth it. It does NOTHING during attract or gameplay modes. It just lights up. If you really have money to burn you can buy the PRE topper from Marco for a whopping $600!! It's not a bad topper but should be priced around $200. Laseriffic is working on a BM66 topper. I'd wait and see what that one looks like. Stern's design is eerily similar to Laseriffic's. But at a ridiculous price. I'll post pics of mine when I get home if no one else does.

#6 2 years ago

I have seen the pre topper for $409 on Ebay - new shipped - but I even consider that high priced.

I would love to see pics on the machine.

I am inclined to wait on what Laserific does - they have nice toppers and they are way cheaper than the Stren Pre even at $400.

#7 2 years ago

Hard to tell from the pics but the top edge and buildings are outlined with a reflective/glitter effect.

IMAG0556 (resized).jpg

IMAG0553 (resized).jpg

IMAG0551 (resized).jpg

#8 2 years ago

Thanks for the pics - wow - you own it and think it is not worth it. That goes a mile...

I will wait and see what Laserific makes or someone else....I would love a simple red batmobile red siren topper with a batsignal maybe?

Yours looks nice - just not $400 nice...

#9 2 years ago

I'm hoping future code updates MIGHT make this interactive with gameplay. At the very least it would be nice to have the corresponding villain flash while you are in that mode.

2 weeks later
#10 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Hard to tell from the pics but the top edge and buildings are outlined with a reflective/glitter effect.

What? $400 for a piece of perspex with a $9 led lighting under it?
what a joke!
Passssssss

1 year later
#11 4 months ago

Anyone want to sell me theirs?

#12 4 months ago

Recently I installed the Batman 66 and Iron Maiden toppers on my games. The two toppers look great and were easy to install. The Batman 66 topper seems like it is just a lit up topper with no interaction with the game. The Iron Maiden topper seems like it interacts with certain modes in the game by lighting up certain parts of the topper.

Blog Post :

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/04/20/mod-install-stern-batman-66-and-iron-maiden-toppers-review-and-install-video/

YouTube Video :

4 months later
#13 8 days ago

Has anyone come across any other topper options?

#14 7 days ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Has anyone come across any other topper options?

There is an absolutely disgusting joker topper on eBay. That’s about it. From what I can tell the Stern topper is sold out.

#15 7 days ago

Yeah, I think a Batmobile with lit exhaust and a bat signal to light your ceiling would be a good custom option.

#16 7 days ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Yeah, I think a Batmobile with lit exhaust and a bat signal to light your ceiling would be a good custom option.

Not sure about lighting the exhaust, but this Batmobile is a good size! No room above my BM66, so currently sits on the game next to it.

20191203_152054 (resized).jpg20191203_152027 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside