IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zdoor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3679 6 years ago

Just got a premium. Thought it would be fun to customize. The code might be weak but it's a fun game. The shots are pretty fun

#3794 6 years ago

I've been playing around with a premium and enjoying it. It's getting a bad rap IMO.

If I was still pumping out Refinery games, this would have been a fun one to trick out... the code will get there at some point,

#3799 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So are you employed by Cointaker now and no pinball refinery stuff anymore? Not sure where the lines of your agreement are...

No. I had an offer I couldn't pass up in my prior industry. Steve, who was a partner with me is now working with cointaker and making mods and customizing games with them. He does good work and is still going strong.

I am only doing projects here and there and working on machines as I have time. Still in the hobby but not actively selling games.

#3800 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What would you have done?

I'm playing with a few ideas and working on the armor and cosmetics now. I'll post a few pics when I finish.

#3813 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OH,how funny!!! I just called my pinstripe guy for my LE As well!! The force is with us!!!!

I'm doing the exact same thing lol

Was thinking about playing around with the color though

#3821 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

If anyone wants closeup pics of the pinstripes let me know, I would be happy to post some.

I'd like to see what you do. Was toying with using some yellow and doing the decal areas on the lock bar

#3822 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Really I didnt realize anyone actually had a "pinstripe" guy.
So what is real pinstriping? A paint process?

Can be paint or tape. I'm going with hand painted

1 week later
#4091 6 years ago

Pretty cool of a member to do that for so many!

1 week later
#4292 6 years ago

Followed doc quests lead on the phone. I like it a lot better than the original behemoth phone they used...

IMG_0293 (resized).JPGIMG_0293 (resized).JPG

IMG_0294 (resized).JPGIMG_0294 (resized).JPG

#4295 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Awesome zdoor . The Batphone bugs me as well.

It's a pain but worth it

#4296 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sadly, we are all freaking about code drop on a pinball machine. In the grand scheme of things, pretty pathetic.
We know its going to happen sooner than later.
Seems trivial to everything else that is going on right now and I'm kind of personally ashamed by my own complaining, I don't want it to sink me down and get the best of me. Just not worth worrying about.
I get it, I'm frustrated for spending all that $$$ too, shame on Stern but I accept full responsibility for my own decisions knowing full well what might happen.
Only thing i can do is react accordingly in the future.
Until then, plenty of other games to play. More importantly, plenty of other life issues to be focused on.

I think I've become numb to code waits. Been through it so many times as a hobbiest and distributor, I almost expect it. Sad I know....

#4359 6 years ago

Trying to decide on coin bezel trim... choices are yellow, red or chrome. The carriage bolts are polished chrome. They don't really show up in the pic

IMG_0310 (resized).JPGIMG_0310 (resized).JPG
IMG_0309 (resized).JPGIMG_0309 (resized).JPG

#4365 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Very nice Steve!!!....if I didn't have a powder guy here , you would have already had my coin door and shooter rod housing.
I've got this purple thing going on w mine, so that's how I'm rolling w the bezels. Do you do the scoop mod? I'd be in on that.....anxious to see your other mods....mark

Actually this is Gio... playing around with different things and having some fun customizing

#4366 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

When I saw your post, the first reaction was to relate it to the Batman utility belt...so, for me Yellow. If you don't want them or have a spare set exactly like those ones in yellow I'm in, just PM me please.
Regards.

Kind of what I was going for. Going to swap chrome today and compare.

I have extra coin plastics in black if you need a set. For non metallic colors, it's just painted. It's not hard to do. Chrome and a colored chrome finished are different. To be done right those need to be electroplated. It gets expensive but it comes out sweet.

#4439 6 years ago

Looking for opinions...

I just finished powdercoat on my machine, it's a premium. Went with a black metallic with a slightly smaller metallic flake than the LEs shipped with. Did all the normal armor components plus the coin door, speaker panel and shooter housing. I'm having airbrushed pinstriping done next week. Going to do a red outer edge similar to the SLE and doing the bat insignia near the button on the lockbar in a custom painted bat logo to match th machine. Wanted to get away from the decals...

Anyways was thinking about doing some different things with the striping. There's lots of colors in the premium art and not as much focus on the bat mobile. Looking for opinions on using two colors for striping? Was thinking about adding some purple but welcome other ideas.

#4518 6 years ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

Does the switch have a connector on it ? I think I will ship the part with a switch aready installed if it does

There's a 2 pin molex connecting the switch. The wire lead on it is about 8". Not at home or I'd snap a pic for you

#4521 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No....soldered w heat shrink....think sending it with the switch you prefer already installed is a plus though...this way the arm is bent correctly

The wires run under the playfield and connect with a 2 pin molex...

#4525 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thanks...not home to look under pf

I only know because I just removed and reinstalled the ramp to powdercoat...

#4527 6 years ago

Getting pinstriped The end of this week. Can't wait. Have had the game apart for 2 weeks...

#4531 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ditto...Longer here...I'm dying ...
What color did you go with for coin mech housings? Took your advice and trying Chrome....

Still playing around with it. Going to try a few colors once the pinstriping is finished. Was thinking of adding some art on the door

#4575 6 years ago

Well on another note...

Pinstriping is started and will be done middle of next week. Decided to do red trailing edges to match SLE and added a few other things including some of the "zap" and "kapow" artwork on the sides of the cab to the speaker panel and coin door. Was a bit torn since premium cab art doesn't feature the bat mobile. But, went that way regardless.

Finished most of the play field and powder work. Even did the apron although it barely shows...

Pretty happy with it.

IMG_0334 (resized).JPGIMG_0334 (resized).JPG

IMG_0335 (resized).JPGIMG_0335 (resized).JPG

IMG_0336 (resized).JPGIMG_0336 (resized).JPG

IMG_0337 (resized).JPGIMG_0337 (resized).JPG

IMG_0338 (resized).JPGIMG_0338 (resized).JPG

IMG_0339 (resized).JPGIMG_0339 (resized).JPG

IMG_0340 (resized).JPGIMG_0340 (resized).JPG

IMG_0341 (resized).JPGIMG_0341 (resized).JPG

IMG_0342 (resized).JPGIMG_0342 (resized).JPG

IMG_0343 (resized).JPGIMG_0343 (resized).JPG

IMG_0344 (resized).JPGIMG_0344 (resized).JPG

IMG_0345 (resized).JPGIMG_0345 (resized).JPG

#4578 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks great! Did you do a custom paint job on you building mod on the back board?
The bat phone under the cake glass looks so much better than the big dog chew toy phone that came with the game.

Yes. It's painted and cleared. Looks a lot better.

1 week later
#4733 6 years ago

Some progress pics. Still playing with the striping and messing around with the coin door. Wanted something different. Getting there.

Still need to finish speaker lighting and playing round with options to put a toy near shooter lane. I wasn't a huge fan of the additional batmobile there. Seemed odd to have two batmobiles on the playfield, might light the bat cycle and add that there. played around with some custom painted text to match the text on the side cab. Not sure I'll leave that. Added some art to the legs also. Still debatunthat one too...

IMG_0360 (resized).JPGIMG_0360 (resized).JPG

IMG_0362 (resized).JPGIMG_0362 (resized).JPG

IMG_0361 (resized).JPGIMG_0361 (resized).JPG

IMG_0363 (resized).JPGIMG_0363 (resized).JPG

IMG_0364 (resized).JPGIMG_0364 (resized).JPG

IMG_0365 (resized).JPGIMG_0365 (resized).JPG

IMG_0366 (resized).JPGIMG_0366 (resized).JPG

IMG_0367 (resized).JPGIMG_0367 (resized).JPG

IMG_0369 (resized).JPGIMG_0369 (resized).JPG

IMG_0370 (resized).JPGIMG_0370 (resized).JPG

IMG_0371 (resized).JPGIMG_0371 (resized).JPG

IMG_0372 (resized).JPGIMG_0372 (resized).JPG

IMG_0374 (resized).JPGIMG_0374 (resized).JPG

IMG_0375 (resized).JPGIMG_0375 (resized).JPG

3B1F091B-1B24-47A6-8DE8-889E237F5435 (resized).JPG3B1F091B-1B24-47A6-8DE8-889E237F5435 (resized).JPG

#4762 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

pulled the ramp and put in batcycle.
Going to do purple powder on right ramp and shooter assembly.
I want to add that bat girl bust on the left. Any idea on where to get it?
Plus I heard code is coming soon, but no dates. I expect it will not show up this week.

ebay.com link: DC collectibles 1966 Batgirl Bust Statue NEW FREE SHIPPING

#4763 6 years ago

I think I'm going to see if I can light these and how they look on the right side near shooter. The batmobile just seems redundant with the car already at the spinner.

IMG_0658 (resized).PNGIMG_0658 (resized).PNG

IMG_0660 (resized).PNGIMG_0660 (resized).PNG

#4770 6 years ago

I almost did disco purple. Was debating black or purple and that one was my compromise...

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/PPB-7033/Disco-Purple/

#4772 6 years ago

The discos are all nice. I don't know how many sets of disco moss I did for walking dead but it was a ton.

#4780 6 years ago

Pretty sure the stock ramp is transparent red over silver sparkle. It's an extremely close match if it's not.

#4788 6 years ago

Not a great pic but this is transparent red over silver sparkle

IMG_0336 (resized).JPGIMG_0336 (resized).JPG

IMG_0340 (resized).JPGIMG_0340 (resized).JPG

#4796 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Whew...Gio, I believe you, but man, even the pic looks dull in the middle....I remember looking at it when I pulled it from the game...no matter...hoping Matt gets more sparkle on the new ones....

Not a lot of surface area on ramps and without lighting, it's hard to see the metallic. But, it's there

#4824 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Stern uses a white pop bumper body for the atomic pile. I replaced mine with a translucent pop bumper body which allows for a brighter flash from the flasher inside of it.
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/game-specific-products-star-trek-the-next-generation-pop-bumper-body-p-42.html

Did the same and went with orange

#4848 6 years ago

installed the vehicle mount and villain cars. Still want get a light on them. Played a quick game and got villain escape and 1.2 billion. So, decided I liked the mod lol

IMG_0384 (resized).JPGIMG_0384 (resized).JPG
IMG_0385 (resized).JPGIMG_0385 (resized).JPG
IMG_0386 (resized).JPGIMG_0386 (resized).JPG

#4856 6 years ago

I thought all the batmobile was 1:65. But, I could be wrong

#4865 6 years ago

I looked at those too. But aren't they 8-10" long?

1 week later
#5291 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Shocked at Deadflip, he asked on his stream if people had questions, people where asking him to ask things but not a peep out of him, had to switch to the Facebook stream as all I could hear was him and Jody chatting like a pair of little school girls.
For those who missed the stream George said the new code will add/complete
Refine and Complete Major Villains
Add Cliffhangers to continue Episodes
Tonne more Audio and video
Did he mention minor villians anyone???

Nothing on minor villains that I heard

1 week later
#5716 6 years ago

I’m in. That will finish it off nicely

#5802 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

OK, I guess I am not an idiot...not this time. Thanks for the reality check!
Mike

I also have factory speakers and ended up moving the mod toward the monitor about an 1/8”. Your eye doesn’t really catch that it’s off with the blackground and lack of tweeter on the factory speaker.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#5833 6 years ago

I’m hoping the new code includes a graph in the video...

#5961 6 years ago

I won’t get to play until Sunday night. But thrilled I have something to look forward to

#6072 6 years ago

Spent a few hours on the code tonight and like it. Lots more to do. Sounds a little off and took me a bit to figure out where to shoot. But, I’m happy with where it’s going,

1 week later
#6243 6 years ago

Was a little bummed this morning. Found a small splinter coming up in my shooter lane I have to deal with. The clear coat looks great surprised to see it. Oh well. Gives me something to do.

#6250 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The cool part about collecting pinball is you can play them and the value is about the same. I used to have some very collectible comics but they were so valuable you didn't want to handle them or god forbid read them. Glad I sold them and got into pinball instead. Lots more fun to play your collection then lock it up in a temperature humidity controlled vault.

My brother is into comics and I’ve often thought the same thing. You can’t even touch his. Where is the fun in that?

#6496 6 years ago

i used a 1/8”thicker spacer for clearance on mine.

AC18EF6E-22A4-44C1-B8DC-35CC18195D13 (resized).jpegAC18EF6E-22A4-44C1-B8DC-35CC18195D13 (resized).jpeg
BCFB4042-37CE-4947-BA6F-E8E64D9BD4C8 (resized).jpegBCFB4042-37CE-4947-BA6F-E8E64D9BD4C8 (resized).jpeg

#6516 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

Mark, I just went through entire manual and can find every decal except the one on the lockdown bar. Here's the PDF of the manual: http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/batman-66/le/Batman_LE_Pre_web.pdf .

I think it’s the one the item we still need to come up with an aftermarket replacement for. I’ve never liked the sticker. I had some custom pinstriping done and also did a painted bat logo which looks better than the sticker. But, I would still like to see a laser cut version. If I was still building mods it’s one thing I would do. But I don’t have any time for it right now

#6634 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No issues. I have an 85 pound Bulldog that when not eating my daughters Yorkie is eating ANYTHING that might even resemble food! Lucky me both dogs were a "Daddy Please get her and I Promise to......." Yeah, they are my problem now! lol Kind of funny side story. The vet told me you need to take her out and play in the yard as she is "Exercise intolerant". OK. I took her in the yard to fetch the tennis ball. Walked away and Huh? where did it go. 2 days later at the vet they show me an Xray and we Found the ball! She ate it almost Whole!!! Needless to say, $950 later she doesn't play ball anymore and she happily holds down the Sofa!
My Eating Machine "Piglet"

Another pinball bullie!

30082528-6899-436B-9D8F-5CAA1095A499 (resized).jpeg30082528-6899-436B-9D8F-5CAA1095A499 (resized).jpeg

#6703 6 years ago

I highly recommend this setup. Looks a rn better. Thanks doc for the great idea!

#6877 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Interesting point. Do most of you guys have it sped up? Or the lag time decreased, I should say?
Brian

I left mine on default. I had the same fear as yelobird. Figured I could wait a bit and see what others had the best results with.

3 weeks later
#7428 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Thanks guys! I am buying a used LE that is a 10+ hour drive from me, it sounds like Legs on shipping is a bad idea in this case
:-/

What screws did you use for installing those brackets?

I’d drive unless you can get the previous owner to install the brackets for you

#7434 6 years ago

Its 11 hours 1 way I guess I could stock up on 5 hour energy and go for it.

You can insure the Shiat out of it, ship via NAVL and pray. Just seems risky. I had a lot of issues with NAVL and don't use them anymore. Don't blame you for not wanting to drive that far. That's a long friggin drive...

8 months later
#10697 5 years ago

Incase anyone was wanting a BM66LE here you go (only $19,000 )
sfbay.craigslist.org link

Would love to upgrade into one. But, the day I spend 19k on a game I hope one of my loved ones takes me out back and beats some sense into me...

4 months later
#12071 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Munsters Pro would look amazing next to BM66.

That's my plan also...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 34.99
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zdoor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=zdoor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.