New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167576)

Batman 66 - Official Club Thread

By TigerLaw

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16,256 posts
  • 613 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by docquest
  • Topic is favorited by 231 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,495 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

rps20201020_173753 (resized).jpg
1-5 (resized).jpg
BMS (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
BF7F9BA8-2C5E-4911-B8C4-5EA343E57587 (resized).jpeg
4B3710B0-7FDE-441E-BF60-4BA5B9710337 (resized).jpeg
01b80d3d4d6b878f62b96f75bd03471ed4c324de.gif
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture2 (resized).JPG
4953498C-BEB0-4CCA-8562-63E3D72ADCEF (resized).jpeg
tenor-7.gif
200.gif
7F1DA0F2-5703-40CE-8959-E6B8FFA5ECE1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (3 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (3 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xfassa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#162 3 years ago

The latest on SLE is:

1) Final payment is due next Wednesday on 12/7 (extended from 12/1)
2) We will endeavor to have your game delivered before Christmas

No clue how Santa will get this on his sleigh or down the chimney.

1 month later
#231 3 years ago

Robin to the rescue.

20170104_105201 (resized).jpg

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I see now.....mine hasn't stuck there (I'm sure it will tonight, now.....). Think I will take the plastic off tonight and get a closer look at the gap on mine....will report. Thanks for the heads up......mark

Mine has not had a problem either. Here are some pics for reference.

20170105_102205 (resized).jpg

20170105_102146 (resized).jpg

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

xfassa you have a SLE right? Can you tell me how is the pin stripping applied? Guessing it's applied on top of the powder coating and then cleared? Or is it simply applied on top and exposed?

I asked Stern the exact same question. The support staff said they would give me details upon their return from CES. Honestly, it appears to be a decal applied over the top of the powder coat (w/out clear). Will post more when I find out more.

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

it seems odd that they would decal the entire lock bar the far left and right get heavy hand traffic.

My exact thoughts. Will wait for Stern to reply before making any decisions.

4 months later
#2574 3 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

I'm new to this forum and have question. I have a premium 66 pinball that is still in the box, it came with the .70 code. I went to the Stern website today to get the update and all I see is the new one (.75) did I miss something, am I able to get the other update. Sorry If I sound stupid, I am an old guy with a new pinball.

No dumb questions. Just install the latest code update (0.75). You will go straight from 0.70 to 0.75. Good luck!

1 month later
#3307 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Docquest - Well done Sir. Your comments are spot on for me too. Unfortunately, it has taken me a lot longer to reach this point. I have been to Stern multiple times, I have had conversations with many of them. They are all very nice people. However, nothing changes..... Is that a result of the investment group? Gary Stern? Some other factor? I really don't know. However, I do know that NIB from Stern is never going to happen again for me.

All that said, I am sure the code at some point will make Batman 66 a winner. For me, it is a wonderful theme with great potential.

1 month later
#3890 3 years ago

My first NIB was an X-Men LE, that had even less code at the start. Honestly, it was still fun (for me). Now that the code is mature, it is crazy fun. I fully expect the same for Batman66.

#3998 3 years ago

Stern will put out an update on their own schedule. No matter what we say or do.... (watch video)

#4000 3 years ago

MK6PIN - I was just having a little fun with my comments and video link. I haven't watched that clip in awhile, funny stuff from Bill Murray. Anyway, I have no doubt the code will meet our expectations. The code willl be done when it's done.

#4131 3 years ago

Honestly, if Stern posted a message on their Facebook site stating the code is near complete, would you really believe them? Stern has good intentions. The code will be done when it is done. Nothing we say or do will change that fact. All we can do is wait patiently and trust they will deliver.

Note, my breaking point will be Expo.

#4133 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You've got a higher level of tolerance than I do. My breaking point on this one was four months ago.

My problem is too many hobbies and too little time.

#4136 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Just be honest with your customers and give us updates. 3 months and no communication is poor even by the already low standards this is sad.

Seriously, what could they say that any of us would believe? I have zero faith in any further verbal updates, promises, etc. Until the code shows up, everything else is an empty promise.

#4144 3 years ago

No code and just waited 8 hours for my flight to be canceled. Double kick in the balls Thursday!

#4219 3 years ago

Long holiday weekend coming up. It sure seems like the right time to release the long anticipated Batmen 66 code update. Positive thinking starting now.

#4264 3 years ago

My positivity meter is maxed out. BM66 code update will be released prior to the Labor Day holiday. Insider information....nope. Just feel this weekend makes the most sense. Stay positive Pinside.

#4267 3 years ago

For me, the only acceptable BM66 communication is the code is ready for download. Anything other than that is just another empty promise. However, moving forward, Stern needs to earn the trust back from its customers. Specifically, delivering on all committments with respect to code release dates, features, etc.

It's like the Seinfeld car rental episode. Anyway can take the reservation, it is holding the reservation that is important. In Stern's case, anyone can throw out code completion dates, the important part is delivering on those committment dates.

#4277 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

If Stern doesn't drop code by expo there's gonna be a shit storm for them to deal with.

I have to ask, what storm will Stern have to deal with at Expo? Trust me, I am on your side but I just don't see Stern caring all that much.

#4280 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

We are a strange group.

Agreed.

Stern will deliver the code on their timetable. Once the final code drops, i am confident it will far exceed our expectations.

#4320 3 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Just curious, is the consensus no code is coming today or is there a chance?

I have no insider information but I still feel today is a great day for a code drop.

It is worth noting, I am wrong 11 times out of 10.

#4328 3 years ago

Keeping the faith..... We got until 5:00.... Come on Labor Day code drop!

#4330 3 years ago

I really thought they were going to drop some code today..... oh well, off to enjoy the long weekend.

#4336 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

With zero communication no one knows when code is coming.

Even with communication, no one knows when code is coming.

#4375 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

O Code Dropeo, Code Dropeo!
Wherefore art thou Code Dropeo?

Since no Labor Day code drop, I am guessing Expo is the next logical target date.

#4416 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Some more, great responses from Stern just posted:

The truth is, and this really is true, we are working as fast as possible to provide quality code updates.

The real truth is, we're working as hard as we can with the resources we have available to provide quality updates as soon as possible.

As an SLE owner, I have one simple question. Assuming the SLE brought in pure profit of $5k/machine, that would equate to $400k into the Stern coffers. What happened to the $400k? This was not invested back into the company to help add "resources"? Again, I wish Stern the best and appreciate all they do for the hobby. However, statements like these (see above) suggest Stern has much bigger issues. Hopefully, these statements are true and code will arrive shortly as BM66 is an absolutely fantastic looking machine.

#4428 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

5k? Are you serious?
More like 10k.

We all know it was a heck of a lot more than $5k. My point was what did Stern do we all that profit? They give us the sob story about doing the best they can with the resources they have at hand. However, they rake in huge profits and do nothing to address their coding issues.

btw...you forgot the matchbox cars. Those were at least another $20.

#4443 3 years ago

I'm not complaining about cost or profit, just thought Stern could spend a little more on coders.

#4447 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll be very, very happy when Code drops on this machine ( and this thread) so we can have better things to talk about.

Amen to that!

1 week later
#4603 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

New rumor is no GOTG at Expo. I'm curious if this is because Lyman is not done with BM66 yet.

I had to google GOTG. You would think a person with almost every super hero pin would have known this...... And I call myself a super hero fan.

edit: Despite being a dream theme for me, I will not be ordering.

#4624 3 years ago

You guys are killing me with all these cool mods. Going to try and make my own crane mod.

20170917_154831 (resized).jpg

#4690 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

can't hack what's not been written.

Well done sir.

1 week later
#4825 3 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

So what are the thoughts, code update will come any day or be released at the start of expo?

My guess is Stern will release at Expo to create buzz around BM66 for potential sales. If they released the code prior to Expo, all that would do is excite current owners. Pfffttt...why do that.

Honestly, the smart play for Stern is to release at Expo. That way it will take most of the weekend for opinons to be formed.

1 week later
#5002 3 years ago

Dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh dun-nuh.........

Just drop the darn code so we can say BATMAN!!!!!

#5051 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Well its going to be interesting to see what code is on the batman games on the stern stand isn't it! That point is 6pm Thursday as far as i can work out.

My fear is the code will be an Expo exclusive to test the code a little more before release. Hopefully, this is not the case and we will all receive it at the same time.

#5101 3 years ago

There is no upside to Stern releasing the code to owners prior to Expo. Honestly, probably won't see a code release until next week at the earliest. I wasn't planning on making the trip to Expo but might have to just to try out the new code. How crazy is that???

#5132 3 years ago

If my calculations are correct Morty, this is the universe where Stern completes the game code prior to shipping machines.

rm (resized).jpg

Note: this will be my Expo t-shirt

#5162 3 years ago

My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Gary Stern passing out BM66 code at Expo last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.

#5198 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

strains credibility.

That statement suggests Stern still has some credibility left....not sure that is the case.

#5200 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The whole Stern of Union post was complete crap, the name doesn't roll off the tongue to begin with and is a poor PR/marketing choice to begin with and the "soon" is no better than "stay tuned".
Dropping some killer code at Expo was a must imo as a way of saying "thanks for baring with us, we hope you feel it's been worth it" no code at Expo is a we don't give a shit about our customers "they have waited this long what's a couple more months, just tell them soon".
I would love to be proven wrong and eat a large plate of crow with some ketchup!

Well said. Until code shows up all I hear is bla bla bla bla bla bla.

#5204 3 years ago
Quoted from frg:

Like most of the posts during the last weeks
Dropped in so many times because of tons of new posts indicated, but nothing happened.
Please don't be offended... just saying

None taken. Thanks for joining the useless BM66 post club.

#5235 3 years ago

Changed my post. I will take the high road. Let's hope the release comes soon.

#5277 3 years ago

i just don't understand why the latest code isnt available on the website. Maybe I can get someone to load it on my thumbdrive tomorrow.when

#5460 3 years ago

Batman 66 SLE: $15,000
Illinois Taxes: $937.50
Cool Mods: $250

Pinball machine with Beta code: Worthless
Pinball with kick a$$ code: Priceless

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rockville, MD
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 94.00
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xfassa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside