IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wrb1977.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13871 4 years ago

My wife and I just got our first NIB pin...we are very excited!!!

EB235BFB-F5B2-45A6-B229-9C1E4E84B4CB (resized).jpegEB235BFB-F5B2-45A6-B229-9C1E4E84B4CB (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#14278 4 years ago

Just to add to the coin door interlock mystery, my BM66 Catwoman with a build date of May 30, 2019 does not have the interlock. I guess some do and some don’t...no rhyme or reason???

1 week later
#14375 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Really close to pulling the trigger on a Catwoman! Watching all of your posts really makes me want this pin ... I played it a few years back and enjoyed it but have never played it with the new code so I’m sure it’s amazing!

Do it!!!

2 months later
#14678 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Do other BM66 owners find that the magnet rarely grabs the ball after answering the bat phone?
It’s as though the ball is rebounding too fast off the targets behind the magnet, not giving the magnet time to activate
I find if I do a soft backhanded shot off the targets, then the magnet activates in time
Is this common to all BM66 machines? If so, do you think they can adjust the magnet in the code so it is engaged as soon as the targets are hit?
I find this to be the one big issue on an otherwise superb game

Yes...I have the same issue.

2 weeks later
#14859 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If the game was built in the last 9 months it has the interlock.

That is not true...my Catwoman was built in May and it does not have the interlock.

1 month later
#15214 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Well aside from them them actually fucking working. That would be a nice advantage.

I have been following this thread as I also own a Catwoman edition. If my memory serves me correctly, aren’t you also the same person that had the ball lock gate come loose soon after you got it and gouge the playfield? If so, no one should have to deal with the amount of issues you have had on a brand new pin and I feel you are definitely entitled to a new populated playfield to drop in and finally start enjoying the game as it is fantastic! Sorry you are going thru all of this.

#15278 4 years ago

I’ve voiced my opinion and I’ll say it again...

You should definitely push for at least a new populated playfield, if not an entire new replacement machine. Even if you get it working properly, you are still left with a gouge in the playfield from the ball lock gate that wasn’t tightened properly from the factory along with other playfield quality issues. Enough is enough with your current machine. Good luck and keep us posted!

#15286 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

well another week and a half and nothing. I email these guys at stern(multiple times), no response. Finally after calling 3 times and sitting on hold for awhile I get through today. Chas says the node board hasn't shipped yet. He told me it could ship thursday, Jan 2.
It is going to be a very very bad day for one of these guys at Cax, or golden state pinball festival, if this isn't handled by then.
a very fucking bad day

I’m confused...he told you today that it could ship January 2nd?

#15288 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

nope 7 or 8 or 10 days ago he told me that.
YOu still confused?

Nope...the way you worded it I took it that he said that today...my bad.

1 week later
#15335 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I put it back as you suggested....still feels flimsy like it will come right off and the spring will be somewhere.
Continued to look around , turned the rotater and it didn't feel like it was caught...went back in game settings and this popped up.
Thanks for helping.[quoted image][quoted image]

Check the ball lock gate (diverter) from the bottom and top of the playfield to see if it is loose. If the plastic diverter shaft bushing that screws into the bottom of the playfield becomes loose, the diverter can wobble and gouge the top of your playfield. Also, inspect the entire linkage carefully looking for anything broken. My guess is that the diverter shaft may be slipping in the collar allowing the coil plunger to over travel and fall out of the coil. Off the the top of my head...I believe there is a set screw like on a flipper linkage that came loose.

#15337 4 years ago

Here are some pics. I tested the AP and it moves freely but the spring and plunger came undone again. Screws on bottom and top all looks okay.
Can you send a pic to me of what the spring / plunger needs to look like.
Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

In the second pic there is a black set screw that uses an Allen key and appears to be almost ready to fall out. Put the plunger back in the coil and line up the set screw with the flat spot on the diverter shaft and then tighten. Let me know...good luck!

#15343 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Rather then tape consider a drop of Blue removable loctite on the threads. Tape is for plumbing....

Agreed. +1 for loctite if it comes loose again. Tape is also good for wrapping presents.

1 week later
#15408 4 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

So I’m considering this pin and want to know...... Long term does it get to easy ? And if does. Does it stay fun or does it start to collect dust ? Shots seem like maybe they would get a bit old?

The game can have longer ball times, but with so much to explore because of the code depth I feel that the difficulty is balanced perfectly. There is so much to do and so many different ways to play, plus the theme integration is second to none!

3 weeks later
#15551 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Me too. I've only had the game for a month and it's happened to me twice, the first time the ball went in to the right side of the turntable and got stuck there and the turntable quit moving. I got the tech alert of too many errors on the turntable after i had manually freed the ball. I had to raise the play field and manually turn it a little bit until it locked in to the tab. Then when I turned it on I went in to the turntable test and all was good. The second time I hit the same errant shot and saw the ball going to the right of the turntable about to get stuck so I immediately opened the coin door and hit the service menu to turn off the switches removed the glass and ball and carried on with the game, this time only lost a ball and didn't have to throw the whole game. Lesson learned shoot better and watch for those errant balls when the turntable is moving positions

Interesting. I’ve had a ball get stuck in the right side of the turntable numerous times...every time it went into ball search mode as I continued playing. The turntable would just spin back one position freeing the stuck ball.

1 month later
#15643 4 years ago

The info I got was only the first 100 were to have Julie Newmar signature cards, but production never went any further than those first 100, so they all have signature cards. No matter what the truth is, they did not make many Catwoman editions.

2 weeks later
#15676 4 years ago

2 words.
" HELL YES"
I struggle so hard and barely can crack 4 billion. I only got Batsui once. Crazy Hard.
What's your fav of the 3 once you complete all 3 seasons??

Gas Attack for the win!

#15692 4 years ago

Brutal is right....even at 5 balls I suck...LOL. I moved the posts and that didnt make 1 bit of difference..I do find Bookworm and then freeze the best and then season 3 is kinda open for me....I think I selected tut when I did get to batusi.
Anyone else like other minor villains as a strategy to complete all the seasons?

Mad Hatter then multiple Eggheads is the easiest path I believe. Just make sure you have a gadget saved for the season 2 Egghead...it’s use gadget then one shot to complete!

#15699 4 years ago

Gonna give that a try...So in Season 2 select egghead , use a gadget then hit the lighted shot?? Have not heard about eggheads...my buddy seems to like tut to get thru.
Some many options...gotta love it.
By the way cool profile picture...is that your translite? Been on a hunt for a HD option for my lighted frame but no success. I have the same one as what's in my backglass...came with the trade.
Have a good one .

Mad Hatter and then two Eggheads is the easiest path with the least amount of shots to get to the three wizard modes. Yes, season 2 Egghead requires one gadget and then just one lit shot to complete. The season 3 Eggheads are only three or four shots each. Thanks...my avatar is a pic I took of the translite on the Catwoman edition I have...first and only pin I bought NIB!

#15701 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Are you leaving points off the board by doing this? Is this maybe a bug or intentional design?
Rob

It’s as designed...not a bug. I was just giving Royale-W-Cheese the easiest path to the three wizard modes...this is NOT for maximum points. I think what makes this pin so awesome is there are so many different ways to play! Many times I could care less about points and just try to complete tasks. Here are the rules explained in great detail...

http://tiltforums.com/t/batman-66-rulesheet/2463

#15710 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I really like Ball Barron's pinballs and service

The Ninja balls that Ball Baron sells are very nice...unfortunately they are not recommended for games with magnets such as BM66 as they will eventually get magnetized and stick to each other. You need carbon steel balls for BM66 and those ones from Ball Baron are awful. The regular carbon steel balls that Marco sells are much nicer. Bottom line...only order Ninja balls from Ball Baron for games WITHOUT magnets. Just my two cents.

#15711 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just don’t order Anything they offer as shiny. They Won’t work!

This is correct...shiny chrome balls will not work!

#15725 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Get Freeze first, stopping bookworm timer, which takes all the pressure off to capture Bookworm. That’s how I do it.

I also use this same strategy.

2 weeks later
#15781 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Very well done. A little tweaking here and there and the correct logo and it's near perfect. Congrats!

Agreed. Looks great, but needs the period correct logo.

2 months later
#15959 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I wanted to customize my B66. I felt the Premium badge was boring, so Im trying this. My game is pretty decked out and I feel pretty close to a SLE. I didnt want to make a SLE or LE badge because its not one of those. Anyways, Im not looking to make these other than just one. Just thought Id share my idea.
[quoted image]

No matter how many mods you added...it is and always will be a premium edition. Stern never made a special edition. My suggestion would be having the text still say premium edition while retaining your custom artwork. But at the end of the day, do whatever makes you happy and call it whatever you like as it is yours! Just my 2 cents.

3 weeks later
#16043 3 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Does anyone have and details on the next run? Is it the final run? Another special edition maybe?

The final run was Spring 2019. Here is the advertisement from that announcement last year...

BC3A3940-16CA-4D23-94D5-C853BBA8DE8A (resized).jpegBC3A3940-16CA-4D23-94D5-C853BBA8DE8A (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#16181 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Yep, same location as other SPIKE2 based tables toward the end of the feature adjustment ID list.

The Catwoman edition I have does not have an adjustment for flipper power.

#16182 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

Doesn’t have it. Sling, trough, launch. No flippers.

Correct.

1 month later
#16341 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

I’m going with the thesis that the end game.... the ultimate wizard mode... the moment when this game reaches supernova fun level is when you’ve stacked enough multipliers, villain rewards, active modes and a multiball to reach total lunacy.
Now what?
Anyone try this (a move I lifted from Earl Scheib)?
[quoted image]

Say what???

4 weeks later
#16416 3 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

I have about 50 games into my new bm66 and these screws came loose some whare on the upper side of the playfield. Any ideas where they go?
[quoted image]

I looked on mine and what’s throwing me is the nylon washer on yours. I don’t see any on mine, only standard metal washers. Where exactly did you find them?

2 weeks later
#16445 3 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

How's this? (At Level Up in Eugene, OR a week before the latest shutdown.)[quoted image]

Amazing...congrats!!! I think it’s time I sell off the collection and find a new hobby I don’t suck at.

#16446 3 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Holy chromium sphere Batman, finally in the club!
[quoted image]

Awesome!!!

4 weeks later
#16518 3 years ago

Nope you're wrong. I'm comparing his BM66 to my BM66 with the same code.

Exactly. If my Catwoman took that long to boot I would lose interest in even playing it by the time it was ready. Something is wrong with those taking that long to boot imo. Have any of you with that issue contacted Stern?

4 weeks later
#16576 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I think they brought back the power interlock switch as well.

Nope...my Catwoman Edition does not have the interlock switch...some do and some don’t.

Any of the final run BM66s, whether Catwoman or Standard, have the production fixes that were learned on earlier runs. Someone please chime in if I’m wrong, but from my understanding this included improved ramps, ball lock switches, Joker targets, Batcave switch, and general improvements to the turntable and associated wiring.

2 months later
#16706 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

What is your manufacture date? Also if you post some pics I can compare it to mine and see if I notice anything different, mine never falls off the wireforms or ramps ever.

Same here...not even once.

2 months later
#16803 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

This just gave me an idea-- I wonder how it would look with some classic Batman '66 labels that say "LEFT FLIPPER" and "RIGHT FLIPPER" on the top of each flipper.. maybe in those retro embossed label-maker labels:[quoted image]

Cool idea...definitely needs to say LEFT or RIGHT “BAT FLIPPER” to be true to the show.

6 months later
#17450 2 years ago

1/18 scale and use The Mod Couples shooter lane mounting plate.[quoted image]

1/18…holy huge mod batman! I assume you leave the playfield glass off to fit that beast???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wrb1977.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=wrb1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.