Topic Stats

• 14,867 posts
  • 557 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by pinballaddicted
  • Topic is favorited by 217 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,199 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191112_182335.jpg
20191111_134000.jpg
20191112_182335 (resized).jpg
Batman NIB (resized).jpg
batman setup (resized).jpg
bm (resized).JPG
IMG_20191108_154810 (resized).jpg
IMG_4232 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20180726020815 (resized).png
20191107_000815 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182927 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182831 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182937 (resized).jpg
281E2867-5CB3-40C4-84EC-E3F303FD9D4C (resized).jpeg
DF7C65B3-A8FC-4D7E-9AC6-9D18A716E1F6 (resized).jpeg
9B8B0743-4C58-4970-A3CB-430C73ABAE85 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (2 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (2 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (2 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (2 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (2 years ago)

Post #1649 How to level the turntable mech on Batman 66. Posted by rlslick (2 years ago)

Post #1658 Version 0.69 code released Posted by PinB (2 years ago)

Post #1914 How to Diagnose "Stuck Joker" targets. Posted by vireland (2 years ago)

Post #2008 Version 0.70 Code released Posted by frolic (2 years ago)

Post #2353 Version 0.71 Code released Posted by frolic (2 years ago)

Post #2556 Version 0.75 Code released Posted by vireland (2 years ago)

Post #2755 Game Adjustment #139 for Enabling Attract Mode Music Posted by thundergod76 (2 years ago)

Post #2873 Link to announcement of Batman'66 Accessories. Posted by Rasavage (2 years ago)

Post #2926 BatSignal Beacon information. Posted by MK6PIN (2 years ago)

Post #3369 docquest's full helicopter guide. Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizardscastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12760 7 months ago

Was eager to see if I got a signed card, and was pleasantly surprised to find this in the box...

IMG_20190402_143136 (resized).jpg
#12772 7 months ago

Noticed an air bubble in the right side of my decal by the flipper button.

Anyone else have this? I noticed it the second I pulled it out of the box, so not sure how this passed QC.

#12788 7 months ago

Any suggestions on a good rules sheet to read? I have no idea what I'm doing haha.

Played a couple of games last night, and I jailed all 4 major villains, and then had the Bat signal flashing. Couldn't figure out what to hit to start it, but I eventually got it going (no idea how) and started a 4 or 5 ball mode (no idea which one).

Game is an absolute blast, but really have no idea what going on!

#12796 7 months ago

Went to update software and nothing happened on boot up. Does the USB have to be formatted FAT32, or will exFAT work?

Also, do you have to move dip switch 8 over like SAM?

#12798 7 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

FAT32
No.
Make sure nothing on the stick except the files unzipped from the downloaded code zip and make sure they are in the root directory

My stick is exFAT, so I think that's the issue.

#12907 7 months ago
Quoted from Breger1:

what are people's thoughts on the tv wizard modes, which do they prefer, go to? I've come up with a pretty good strategy. I get my Bookworm/Freeze, then do Tut season 3. I don't worry about closing out majors, unless I'm on ball 2 doing first wizard mode to get extra ball. My first minor wizard is holy, I don't think the scoring is as great. Then I go for Tut all day, Mad Hatter if I miss one to pick up where I left off. I then do Batsui and Gas Attack last. I found Batsui scores the best, especially with high Tut multipliers, 3x playfield, and batturn going. And if I miss it all up I have fun with it, such a great game.

I just got the game and have no idea what I'm doing.

Villain Escape is pretty easy to get to, but I'm lost when it comes to the minor villains. Do you have to just finish one from each season to start Batusi?

And what is the best strategy to drive up the score?

#12962 7 months ago

Just had my best game. Villain Escape and Batusi, and then missed me last shot to start Villain Escape again.

I ended at just under 6 billion points, and have no idea he was some of you are putting up 50+ billion!?!?

#13013 6 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I had a great game recently too!
[quoted image]

So what's your strat to drive up the score like that?

I had a killer game with villain escape, Batusi, and one final shot to start villain escape again, and I end up at like 6.5B.

#13015 6 months ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

That kind of score needs frozen timers and big multipliers on shots and playfield. King Tut also helps by adding an additional multiplier to the main channel.

Where do you get the multipliers?

#13043 6 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I used a pretty common strat: I completed Bookworm, Mr. Freeze and Shane in that order. I also completed at least one Tut. I did Batusi and Gas Attack wizard modes as well.
Completing Shane really contributed a lot during the multiball and wizard modes. It kept launching balls and lengthend the timers during the multiballs. And after Freeze, I started Bat Turn which stayed frozen for the rest of the game. I remember a couple of times when the ball would drain the multiplier for the bonus was 54x and 76x.

Interesting... No Mad Hatter to replay failed modes?

I've been able to reach Batusi, but coming around again to do the wizard modes again seems a bit tough without being able to replay.

#13106 6 months ago

Managed to get Holy multi-ball tonight, and previously did the other two.

Really exciting getting to them, but is that the extent of the game, or are there plans for an ultimate wizard mode?

Also, noticed before starting a game, you can hold downs flipper, and then switch through some different modes? Can anyone shed some light on this.

Thanks!

#13115 6 months ago

Quick question... When balls come down from the left and right orbit, do they hit the slings, or go to flippers?

Mine (especially the left) drops down (especially after a failed shot) from the left ball guide and hits the top of the left orbit, and bounces dangerously to the right drain.

Just wondering if this is how the game goes for most of you.

#13117 6 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

flippers. What is your pitch?

#13140 6 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I recommend putting Mylar there until you can get the Cliffy. Sometimes that's all it takes to protect certain areas.

What a source for mylar that is precut to fit scoops like this?

I have Cliffys, but find they can occasionally cause rejections on certain applications.

#13148 6 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I buy self stick Mylar at a crafts store and cut to fit. Much cheaper and can be customized to be used wherever needed.

Hmmmmm... Wondering if I should go mylar or Cliffys for the penguin and bat signal holes.

Anyone getting any rejections using Cliffys?

Also, what's the install like one these two parts?

I've already put the shooter lane and drain protector on. Just feeling lazy to do the other two, and reluctant because I don't want it to affect game play.

#13184 6 months ago

About to install Cliffs on Penguin and Bat signal.

Any suggestions on installation. Does ramp have to come off for Penguin? Do I just remove the one post.

How about Bat signal, do I have to remove the plastic above it? How about the small metal square? Do I have to make holes with the 3 screws?

#13186 6 months ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Install is the same as BTDK for the scoop.Put the cliffy in from underneath the scoop. Some instructions below.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/btdk.htm
Also here too
http://www.passionforpinball.com/Batman-66-protectors.htm

Looks like for Penguin hole, you remove the ramp and look loosen the ball guide, then install cliffy on the topside of pf, and reassemble everything?

For the Batsignal, it's a little unclear.

Looks like VUK has to be removed to put that square protector in, and from the tap in screws, I'm assuming I'm screwing new holes?

Also, what about the protector you see from the top of the of, how does that go in?

Cliffys instructions are terrible.

#13189 6 months ago

Got that...

But what about the Batsignal protectors (2 pieces)?

#13193 6 months ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Wizards Castle, 12:30 into my video I talk about the Cliffy installation and what needs to be removed on how to install.

Funny, I just watched it 5 minutes ago.

Thank you so much for taking the time to put these videos together. It's a very help resource, and I've actually used a few of your videos in the past to learn some tricks.

Keep up the great work!

#13197 6 months ago

Not that these photos will help you install your Cliffys, but might give you an idea of what is required.

For the Penguin, remove the wireform, remove the post and VUK underneath, and loosen the nuts on the metal ball guide that are going to be in your way.

For Batsignal, just remove two bolts that hold plastic, then two screws for the metal thingy, and one screw holding down the ball guide.

Not the easiest Cliffys I've installed, but not too terrible if you follow Supernova's video, and then just take your time to see how everything fits.

IMG_20190505_222055 (resized).jpgIMG_20190505_230118 (resized).jpg
#13198 6 months ago

Hmmmm... Now that I look at it, should my Batsignal protector have been slid in more to cover the edges?

#13205 6 months ago

Noticed when I shoot the right orbit for a lock, it sometimes doesn't make it into the lock because the turntable is higher (not level) with the pf.

The front of the turntable appears to be fine.

Is this normal?

#13244 6 months ago

I agree that there needs to be some sort of ultimate wizard mode, but it has to be within reach, unlike SDMEWM in TSPP.

Having to finish all 3 minor wizards would be pretty steep. Having to finish one along with Villain Escape seems too easy.

Hopefully Lyman can find the right balance to make this game legendary.

One question about the game... When you get a villain high score, it says like Penguin 48/49. What does that number mean?

#13261 6 months ago

Not a mod, but I must have this!!!

Screenshot_20190514-132522 (resized).png
#13283 6 months ago

I've had some personal challenges lately, but when I got this package today from Christopher Franchise, it definitely put a smile on my face.

Pretty cool to be 1 of 5 to get these, and this was the last one left.

Great artist, and great guy!

IMG_20190517_205549 (resized).jpgIMG_20190517_205625 (resized).jpgIMG_20190517_205701 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#13352 5 months ago
IMG_20190517_205549 (resized).jpg
#13354 5 months ago

Wondering if my left ball guide is off?

From watching some gameplay vids on YouTube, seems the ball guide should feed to the left flipper, but mine goes to the top or side of slings.

Can any who gets a feed to their flipper, share a photo of the guide as it meets the rubber post.

MVIMG_20190526_124009 (resized).jpg
#13360 5 months ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

That's just about where my guide is and goes to the left flipper most of the time. Re-check your level from left to right, check the front and rear to make sure you're good.

The guide is sort of angled as you see in my photo. Is yours the same?

#13388 5 months ago

Ok, here are some pics of the left guide rail. Not sure if it's apparent in the pics, but the it's on an angle with the bottom closer to the rubber post.

Does this look right? It feeds to the left sling, and never the flipper.

MVIMG_20190602_150919 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190602_151042 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190602_151108 (resized).jpg
#13390 5 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I just tried adjusting mine a bit too with some partial success. Maybe just try to bend it out a bit. Try something with a bigger surface area to get a flatter bend if that makes sense. Like try a butter knife between the guide and the post.

Yeah, that might work. Just don't want to slip and tear into the pf.

So can anyone confirm that the angle it's on is correct or not?

#13394 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Think he's talking about the left loop guide. Sometimes the ball hits the left sling on a right-left loop or ball launch. Mine does that on a slow shot, but a good clean shot/launch it goes to the flipper. You can try and bend it out slightly - but not too much as you don't want to make the entrance to the left loop any narrower than it already is.

When the ball orbits around, and exits the left side, it drops down to the top part of the left sling, and often ends up going into the right drain. Doesn't seem right, and the angle of the left ball guide is oddly slanted.

I don't have editing software on my phone, but here's the best I could do.

Does this look right?

PSX_20190602_194517 (resized).jpg
#13397 5 months ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

That sharp metal lip there makes me mad, it chews up the balls crazy quick. I ended up bending the end of the guide inward to fix it.
Also, the ball guide is slightly adjustable if you loosen the lower mounting screw under the plastic. Set it as you like then tighten it up.

Can you post a pic?

And does the ball feed to the flipper?

#13402 5 months ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Adjusting the rail dialed in the feed to where I wanted it, the bend in the rail I did was to get rid of the sharp metal edge, not to adjust the feed. (I did have to re-adjust after bending the rail)[quoted image]

Whoa! (Joey's voice from Blossom)

How's you manage to bend that???

#13404 5 months ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Carefully.
I padded the ends of vice grips and needle nose pliers, using one to do the bend and the other to hold the rail to avoid straining the fasteners.

I stupidly tried pulling it out about with needle nose pliers, and now there is a scrape in the guide. Any suggestions on how to buff it out?

1 week later
#13582 5 months ago

Pinball Refinery putting down some sweet powder!

20190614_184929 (resized).jpg
#13585 5 months ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Did you have to supply the rails? I’d love to get a set for my premium.

Yes they did.

#13616 4 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Skidmarks?? Do you mean black ball trails in the inlanes?? If so, Novus 1, and then replace all the black playfield rubber rings with Titans to help prevent them from coming back. It may take Novus 2 if the trails are extra stubborn, and always follow with a quality carnauba wax.

Even better, use naptha (lighter fluid).

#13655 4 months ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Playin with the wife. Decent first ball.[quoted image]

Impressive!

What's your strategy to get a score like that?

#13699 4 months ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I'm just doing some final touches on a customer's new Pinball Refinery BM66 Premium...This machine looks amazing.
If you interested in any of my upgrades just send me a PM...
Thanks,
Steve
Mi Pinball Refinery
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Steve, I just got my powder coated hardware in the mail today and HOLY SH!T!!!!!!

The silver flakes look so damn good! Couldn't tell from the photos, but in person it looks sensational!

For anyone with that boring black Stern hardware, you absolutely owe it to yourself and your game to get in touch with Steve now!

Thank you again sir! A true pleasure to deal with you

#13755 4 months ago

How much shaker interaction is there? At what points in the game does it go off?

#13765 4 months ago

Still confused about how to really rack up the big scores. My strategy has been Mad Hatter in season 1, then Tut in season 3, and then I can replay and save progress going forward. I complete Freeze in season 2 and then do one of the wizard modes.

I was a couple shots away from starting another minor villain wizard mode, yet my score was only 5.7 B!

How do you guys get 50+ billion???

#13768 4 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I go freeze first, then mad hatter, then tut.
The key to putting up scores in billions? Need to play for like 45 minutes. When I put up 244 billion, it was a 45 minute game.

My game was probably half hour... But after freeze/hatter/Tut, who do you pick to get those scores?

And is there anything you do with major villains? I try to jail two of them quickly to get the extra ball.

#13773 4 months ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Bookworm is important to do before Mr. Freeze so that villain awards carry ball to ball. Mr. Freeze is the villain that helps get the big scores, he freezes hurry ups and timers meaning that bat turn or playfield multipliers will run for your entire ball. Also there's no rushing to complete minor villains anymore as the timer is frozen. Stacking frozen Egghead into a multiball with multipliers running gave me around 9 billion from his mode alone. (I probably had 2 or 3x from Tut as well)
King Tut is the next helper on the way to big points, each completion of Tut after the first will give you a "main channel" multiplier. The main channel is whichever mode is running on the LCD/dmd, it maxes out at 5x.
Other than those, shot multipliers are earned from commissioner Gordon hits. The final shot x maxes out at 6x. So with EVERYTHING stacked you could have a single shot on the game worth 90X Everytime you hit it.
There is a detailed rulesheet on tilt forums if you want to learn more.

Awesome! I'm going to try that out. But I think I'm a little bit confused. I just played a game and I completed freeze first. When I started other minor villain modes the timer was not frozen???

#13775 4 months ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

His power only lasts for the current ball, unless you beat bookworm first, or beat bookworm after freeze during the same ball.

Hmmmmm... So bookworm followed by freeze is the better approach?

#13822 4 months ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

You can adjust it by removing the batgirl plastic on the left. Underneath it you want to loosen the lowest screw on the metal guide in order to have a little play. Move the guide to where you'd like, then tighten the screw.

Not sure how you made this work. If you bend the ball guide, it will not be aligned with the screw hole. So how can this work?

Also, I had my game on for a couple of hours last night and when I came back downstairs everything was off except for a red light from one of the boards. I could see red illuminated through the translite.

Tried to turn the power off but the red remained. Eventually it went out and when I powered back on, it was fine.

Anyone know what this is?

#13824 4 months ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

The guide on mine is slightly slotted at that attachment point. I get about 1/8" of play back and forth on the rail when that screw is loosened.

Hmmmm... Mine is just the screw hole, so not really any play. I bent the guide, but then had to push the bottom end back to screw in. It did make a small improvement that I notice when the ball comes down the guide with some speed, but a slower rolling ball will still hit the top of the sling and put it in immediate danger (usually going to the right outlane).

#13826 4 months ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Maybe the hole isn't elongated, but there was a bit of play though, as the hole was larger than the screw. Slow moving balls still hit the top or side of the sling on my game, there's not really a good way to fix that.

Yea, seems like a bit of a design flaw from my perspective. But regardless, still an awesome game!

#13857 4 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just had a pretty fun game, man the tv wizard modes are really fun.[quoted image]

What minor villains did you use?

#13866 4 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I started with bookworm but didn’t finish it so I started mad Hatter S1 and finish. The next step was back to bookworm and this time I finish. Once I knew all my minor villain work was safe I next went with freeze and completed it first time. For the third season I went with tut and completed it on my first try. I played all 3 minor villain wizard modes and two main villain modes and 2 regular multiball modes. I had 3 extra balls(completed 2major villains,20 combos,75combos)it was a pretty long game but very entertaining. I played all major villain modes to complete them and not max out score so got my extra ball quickly and put most of my focus on minor villains.

All 3 minor modes... wow!

I'v come close to 2, but not sure 3 will happen anytime soon.

Bravo!

#13931 4 months ago

Not up there with some of the crazy scores I've seen, but here's my new GC!

Was a couple Tut shots away from starting my third minor villain mode. Super fun game!

IMG_20190704_154659_01_01 (resized).jpg
#13932 4 months ago

Someone was asking about the winged armor. I recently got this set from Pinball Refinery.

They did an unbelievable job with the powder coating!

I plan to use them again!
20190614_184919 (resized).jpg

#13976 4 months ago

Curious to know how the DocQuest Batsignal installs on a premium?

I also have low ceilings (basically just enough room for a topper) so will the Batsignal look good still?

#13985 4 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

The standard installation in the instructions will have the signal turn on whenever the game is on. I thought this was a good default setting.
However you can trigger it to come on/off with any light or flasher in the game. The power relay has an 2 wire input that triggers the signal and you can connect that trigger to anything you like as long as it is between 3-48 vdc or 12-120 vac.

For the standard installation, how is it connected?

2 weeks later
#14151 3 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Dig the powder coat above. Very nice job.
Got my new high score tonight. Previous high for my was just shy of 5 billion. Final was 35. The pic was after the first extra ball I think. The remaining balls ran out fast though....
Also added a set of pin stadiums to my game this weekend.[quoted image]

That's craziness!

What was your strategy? What modes did you play to cash in like that?

1 week later
#14254 3 months ago

When Bookworm mode starts, he says "Bookworm to...".

Is it Princess Devil???

My 4 year old and I swear that's what we hear haha!

#14256 3 months ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Close, he says “bookworm to printer’s devil”. Printers devil was one of his henchman and it was the episode where he shot commissioner Gordon.

I'm going to have to find that episode.

Watching the BM66 movie right now with my son

1 month later
#14509 51 days ago

I'm in for a set!

1 month later
#14852 1 day ago

I had a weird issue a couple of days ago, where I turned the game on, and nothing happened. Did it a couple of times, heard a couple ticking sounds, and then nothing. Just some red light on the board showing through the translite.

Then tried it again, and it booted. With the stuff I'm hearing about node board issues, I am getting a bit nervous.

I now have 3 Spike games, but I'm reluctant to buy another.

Had a board with issues on my original MM, and I was able to quickly and easily get it repaired and bulletproofed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizardscastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside