Topic Stats

• 14,862 posts
  • 557 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 minutes ago by JMCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 217 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,194 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bm (resized).JPG
IMG_20191108_154810 (resized).jpg
IMG_4232 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20180726020815 (resized).png
20191107_000815 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182927 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182831 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182937 (resized).jpg
281E2867-5CB3-40C4-84EC-E3F303FD9D4C (resized).jpeg
DF7C65B3-A8FC-4D7E-9AC6-9D18A716E1F6 (resized).jpeg
9B8B0743-4C58-4970-A3CB-430C73ABAE85 (resized).jpeg
3FCFAF96-10A4-4F96-A76F-2BD745FEE191 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6196 (resized).jpg
IMG_6199 (resized).jpg
b66 meme (resized).jpg
8070248B-4F30-4C58-AA8F-1F76BE819A1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (2 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (2 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (2 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (2 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (2 years ago)

Post #1649 How to level the turntable mech on Batman 66. Posted by rlslick (2 years ago)

Post #1658 Version 0.69 code released Posted by PinB (2 years ago)

Post #1914 How to Diagnose "Stuck Joker" targets. Posted by vireland (2 years ago)

Post #2008 Version 0.70 Code released Posted by frolic (2 years ago)

Post #2353 Version 0.71 Code released Posted by frolic (2 years ago)

Post #2556 Version 0.75 Code released Posted by vireland (2 years ago)

Post #2755 Game Adjustment #139 for Enabling Attract Mode Music Posted by thundergod76 (2 years ago)

Post #2873 Link to announcement of Batman'66 Accessories. Posted by Rasavage (2 years ago)

Post #2926 BatSignal Beacon information. Posted by MK6PIN (2 years ago)

Post #3369 docquest's full helicopter guide. Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wiggy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11601 11 months ago

Recently I acquired a Batman 66 Prem from a user on Pinside. The game came with some of the mods that are present on the SLE version. The one big thing the game did come with was the cabinet art from an SLE which is almost impossible to obtain. Also the user had the speakers, wire form ramp and some other things that can be used on the SLE version. Everything the seller had was installed as were the other things needed to be purchased to finish the project.

Read the entire post below :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2018/11/18/restoration-sterns-batman-66-premium-model-to-an-super-limited-edition-video/

YouTube:

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg
#11608 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just Awesome. Great job and a Super find with the SLE cabinet art! Great work and appreciate you sharing your hard work.

Thanks Yelobird. Thanks for making the great mods that go in the game..

#11611 11 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

That looks stunning! What pinstripe tape did you use? Comes in all kinds of thickness over here, curious what you used as it looks great!

I believe he had the stripe painted on the lock down bar.

1 month later
#11927 10 months ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

Been lurking for a while (This is my first Pinside post). Took delivery of a new BM66 premium in October (my first pinball machine!). Figured I'd post some thoughts/impressions.
Quick note after spending last night doing some needed maintenance (~500 games in):
* Wiped down playfield, used Novus 1 in areas where ball wear/marks were obvious (in/out lanes mostly).
* Waxed/manually buffed the playfield with the smallest amount of Blitz One Grand to get adequate coverage (Thanks to the maintenance threads here for the recommendation!).
* Inspected/cleaned balls (none needed obvious replacement).
* Adjusted left Batphone target (only the target directly under the bat phone had been registering).
* Updated to latest code.
Impressions after doing this: Holy crap. This game now plays *fast* compared to stock out of box. I've been watching the Deadflip streams and have wondered why my machine seemed to play so much slower than Jack's, and I imagine it's because his playfield has been waxed. It's a bit *too* fast now (had an auto plunge on a ball save sail into the back board once), but I imagine after some play that this will calm down a bit. It took about 10 games before the left riddler orbit shot would stay in the bat signal scoop without bouncing back out from the velocity. Ball spin is a bit of an issue now as well, with the ball sometimes reacting in a similar manner to a bowling ball on a waxed lane (reacting strongly to the spin).
Some general impressions of the game:
* The depth of rules keep this game consistently interesting. I find that i'm making minor villain choice strategically based on where I am in the game (If I'm on ball 3 or late on ball 2, I'll usually go with Shame for points/shot multipliers rather than the standard Bookworm->Freeze->Profit! progression. *Love* how deep the rules are, and can see how there are "modern classic" discussions happening around this game.
* Haven't quite broken a billion pts yet, but have had a couple games in the ~800 million range (on v.99 code).
* With the increased speed after playfield waxing, I'm terrible at this game. Have barely broken ~100 million a couple of times. It really is a completely different game now.
* Dimples. Everywhere. Becoming less noticeable as more show up, though. It was a bit shocking at first, but as more show up, it's obvious that outside of putting down a full plastic protector before playing a single ball (which I don't think is practical for most), I don't see how these could be avoided at all (some pics below).
* Art Blade installation: *much* easier with 2 people. If you're waiting to install these, my advice would be to solicit help and go slow.
* I've got a ton of mods waiting to be installed, but don't want to make massive playfield changes all at once. Will be adding these over the next few weeks, one at a time.
Overall, in *love* with this game, and it's inspired at least one other pinball purchase (Waiting for confirmation of delivery of a MBr some time in Jan.). Will continue posting impressions/thoughts as I start to mod the game in the next few weeks. Happy to be part of the club![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Rozeks, I created two videos about the things you talked about in your post. One is the applying of side (game) blades in the pinball cabinet. I use the wet method and do it by myself. Also i converted my Batman Prem to an SLE (close as possible). I installed a bunch of mods also on my game. Maybe you can use the vid for reference. Let me know how your game turns out. Batman is a great game even though some of the shots are a bit clunky. Great rule set as Lyman continues to update the game. Happy New Year.

Game Blades Install

Batman 66 Conversion :

#11963 10 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Speaking of powder coating, anyone know the best place to get the LE armour matched? I want to get my coin door, shooter housing and speaker panel matched up with black and silver flake.

I had the rails, backbox hinges, legs, lock down bar, and apron for my Batman 66 Prem and Star Wars Prem powder coated by MI Pinball Refinery. Everything looks awesome. If you watch the Batman 66 Prem Converting to an SLE video I created on my YouTube channel, you can see the quality of the job. Makes a huge difference from the stock black armor to the black speckled bat wing armor. Pinball Refinery also modded out the apron so when the bat phone lights, a light under the apron blinks at the same time.

1 month later
#12526 8 months ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

What mod is it you have a link? Couldn't find anything

Blackzarak, congrats on the game, 8:00 mins into the vid are the mods I installed into my Batman 66, the Atomic Pile was already installed which I talk about in the video.

#12537 8 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I recommend going to Steve at the pinball refinery. He sells the correct Batman armor as a complete kit with matched powder coating done. Link below.
https://mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Custom-Powder-Coated-Armor-for-Batman-66-Premium/p/79623632/category=22592095

Yelobird, Not saying you are wrong, but I thought the same thing about Steve providing the bat wing rails. Those pics are not accurate in Steve's ad for powder coating. If you read the fine print it says .

Kit includes:

Triangle shaped side rails, powder coating your lockdown bar, left and right side rails, left and right hinges and 4 legs

These rails are not the bat wing rails as I thought. The rails sent to me were the loli-pop rails. I received the armor powder coated from Steve and installed it on my Star Wars. I purchased the correct Bat Wing rails from Coin Taker at the time, sent them to Steve and had them powder coated which game out awesome. This ad I believe does not provide the Bat Wing rails. At least that is how it was when I purchased the armor from Steve. You may want to ask before buying. Hope this helps.

#12539 8 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My apologies it was my understanding that he was selling what was presented in his advert? Guess it would be best to ask #HemiOrange Steve directly. Definitely needs to be the winged blades for this game plus he works with Coin Taker so I would assume thats what he is selling.

no problem, that's what I assumed but it did not work out that way. Steve already had the loli pops powder coated and shipped back to me when I called and talked with him. I had to order from Cointaker and have the bat winged rails sent to Steve. I know Steve and Cointaker work together, but unfortunately I had to do the leg work and order the rails from Cointaker and pay for shipping to Steve. Anyone wanting to order, I would highly suggest calling and talking to Steve first. $400.00 for the full powder coat of all the parts and bat wing rails seems pretty cheap to me. That is why I ordered it in the first place. Also the Batman logo back box hinges are not included in this package. You get just standard back box hinges.

1 month later
#13057 6 months ago

STERN BATMAN 66 AND IRON MAIDEN TOPPERS : REVIEW AND INSTALL

Recently I installed the Batman 66 and Iron Maiden toppers on my games. The two toppers look great and were easy to install. The Batman 66 topper seems like it is just a lit up topper with no interaction with the game. The Iron Maiden topper seems like it interacts with certain modes in the game by lighting up certain parts of the topper.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/04/20/mod-install-stern-batman-66-and-iron-maiden-toppers-review-and-install-video/

YouTube Video :

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpgIron Maiden and Batman 66 Title (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#13191 6 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

About to install Cliffs on Penguin and Bat signal.
Any suggestions on installation. Does ramp have to come off for Penguin? Do I just remove the one post.
How about Bat signal, do I have to remove the plastic above it? How about the small metal square? Do I have to make holes with the 3 screws?

Wizards Castle, 12:30 into my video I talk about the Cliffy installation and what needs to be removed on how to install.

#13196 6 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Funny, I just watched it 5 minutes ago.
Thank you so much for taking the time to put these videos together. It's a very help resource, and I've actually used a few of your videos in the past to learn some tricks.
Keep up the great work!

Thanks Wizards Castle, much appreciated of the positive comments about the videos.

#13222 6 months ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

IMO that mod is necessary. Stern should have done a better job when designing their version.

I agree, all the mods The Mod Couple created for the game are top notch and reasonably priced for mods. You have to take in consideration the time, shipping, prototypes when designing, wear and tear on equipment (3d Printers), supplies. All of that brings down the profit for the creator of these mods. All the mods I show in my video for Batman 66 were well worth installing.

1 month later
#13899 4 months ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I think I got it.[quoted image]

Yes you are correct looks good. I talk about those protectors in my vid. Starts at 15:50

#13903 4 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I am installing mine now.... how did you "bend" that rail up to install the eject protector....?? mine does not want to budge...[quoted image]

same here, i took a pair of pliers with a rubber handle and held it under the bar and pushed up. i also put a rag on the playfield so i did not scratch the clear coat with the other end of the pliers while prying the bar up.

#13912 4 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Another Cliffy install ? Looks like the upper kickout liner requires some drilling to attach...???

Nope, no drilling required, the protector does go in a certain way to work correctly. I think I explain the process in the video.

#13913 4 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Last I looked Steve at Pinball Refinery was selling a kit. Good luck on an Awesome game!

Yelobird, if you and Adborto are talking about the bat wing armor that is a no. I ordered the set from Steve initially thinking I was getting the BatWing powder coated armor according to the pics on his site. Steve called me and as we were talking it sounded like he powdercoated the Triangle shaped side rails armor instead. I asked if it was the batwing armor that was powdercoated and Steve said no, it was the lolipop. I ordered the batwing armor at the time from CoinTaker, had it sent to Steve, and took the lolipop armor and put it on my Star Wars. Steve does list in txt that it is the lolipop armor, but I did not read and just looked at the pics thinking that is how the set came.

#13916 4 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Video...? I dont see the holes for these screws...?[quoted image]

It was so long ago I forgot that screws were in that protector. Yeah, i just screwed them into the protector without drilling.

#13926 4 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

The instructions also call for adding a washer....not in the kit.....
"Install washer under far end of switch to tilt the trigger lever into the hole"[quoted image]

My switch works fine without the washer, if it stops working then I will add it. Thanks for the heads up

3 weeks later
#14173 3 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Need to install new art blades. Looks like its easier if playfield is out... but I have never done it... pointers..???

1 week later
#14264 3 months ago
Quoted from thundergod76:I think next time I will try the "wet" method. I just peeled and stuck them on. They look awesome but it took much longer than it probably should have.

I probably have installed about 50 sets of game blades. I use a water bottle, a little bit of Dish Detergent , shake the bottle , spray onto the game blade and install. I have created a video which is on YouTube showing the process. I am sure the video is on this thread somewhere. The video is on my Pinball Supernova video channel. The wet method gives some leeway on lifting and repositioning.

#14279 3 months ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Sterns topper is out of production and almost sold out everywhere. Again, why they continue to make more games without more toppers is beyond me.
On a side note, since installing the new art blades on my BM66 it gave me the inspiration to put blades on my other game. Has anyone noticed that all the aftermarket makers don't put the hinge bolt cutouts on their blades? Why would I want to cover a bolt that should be accessible? I know it looks better covered but really? Kinda frustrating.

Thundergod, I thought the same thing meaning that I do not like to cover the head bolt because I may need access. I remove the bolt, install the blades then with my thumb make an indentation of the hole so i know the size and location of the area. Then I take an x-acto knife and either cut around the circle as one piece or start in the middle of the hole and cut slices from end to end in the circle making a pie so the pieces can be folded back into the hole. I do this with the bolt removed then install the bolt again after cutting my hole. Sometimes its easier not to have the hole initially because it lets me pick the location to cut the hole in case the blades do not fit perfectly from factory.

2 months later
#14626 27 days ago

SPINNING PROPELLER BAT COPTER MOD REVIEW AND INSTALL – BATMAN 66 : VIDEO

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/10/16/mods-spinning-propeller-bat-copter-mod-review-and-install-batman-66-video/

YouTube Post :

Bat Copter Installed (resized).jpgBoard Set Under the Platfield (resized).jpgOverview of Bat Copter (resized).jpgTitle (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wiggy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside