IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wcbu64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2535 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Looks cool! I'm tired of waiting for Stern to release some toppers/etc for BM66. At this point if a modder came up with something comparable I'd buy it.

Although I haven't seen anything official from Stern, I did see a Batman 66 topper come up on the Marco Specialties website. It says it is out of stock, but it identifies a 502-7020-00 product number (rather than 502-7027-00 that was for the LE) and it state that it is compatible for the Premium. Price would be $599. Anyway, this might be an indication that Stern is going to release something soon and that it will be the same type of topper as that made for the SLE and LE rather than some lame alternative.

#2537 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Awesome...thanks for the info! It looks like the same topper used on the SLE. If Stern is gonna sell these same toppers for the Pre it's gonna cause a shitstorm.

Well, it might cause a shitstorm if he doesn't. I think a lot of people want that topper and didn't have the opportunity to get an SLE or LE (or couldn't justify the cost of those machines just to get the topper if they weren't really interested in the other features).

3 weeks later
#2717 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Was just about to post.
R.I.P. Adam.
Thanks for the wonder, hope and fun that you brought to Batman.
For me, there was only one Batman - Adam West.

Agree . . . a sad day.

1 week later
#2829 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It's an awesome game, nice long shots, great flow and the shots themselves are great, the batcave lock gives you an awesome feeling ripping up that right orbit and locking in the turntable and I love the shot through the Batmobile spinner and out into the left orbit and those ramps are lighting fast!

I really liked that bat cave lock shot too until it stopped working. The ball now flies through and down the left orbit to the flippers (I feel like I should be awarded a "combo" like in TWD). I've experienced several problems with the turntable (batmobile falling off, stuck balls, etc.) . . . I'm going to look back through the thread to see what others have done to address the "common" problems so far. This may warrant a new topic in and of itself.

#2831 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

That's very strange wcbu64; A right orbit shot will open the gate for a full orbit if it's part of a combo (code .71 and up). Are you saying that a right orbit shot opens the gate EVERY time? I've never heard of that problem. That would require the game to think it's a combo, activate the coil and lift the gate. Without power that gate stays down. Very strange indeed.
Again, as of .71 you can combo that right orbit as much as you want off of a ramp shot.

It is the gate at the top of the turntable that no longer opens when it should to lock the balls.

#2833 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Therapy a new batmobile where the car is rivetted on instead of screwed. Hit Stern or your distributor up for one.

Thanks . . . I wasn't aware Stern made another one with rivets (didn't see a service bulletin like I've seen them do on occasion for other identified problems with other titles).

#2839 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I dont think it was anything official, but the newer runs of BM66's came riveted from the factory. They should have sent out a replacement for every early owner.
Since you obviously have an early run, you should check it has the new flap over the left wireform and the metal guide on the left plastic above the left outlane. This was an official fix from the factory.

I have an Episode #92 LE and it came with the flap over the left wireform (balls get stuck there a lot), but no metal guide on the left Batgirl plastic.

#2863 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If I ever find oblivion, I know there will be a big pile of my lost pinball parts there waiting for me. Doooooh
rd

Agree . . . that's probably where my other Batmobile screw that fell off went.

#2893 6 years ago

I think I would have been happy with that topper if I hadn't already seen the one for the SLE and LE. I'm glad I found a LE and will be picking up the bat signal whenever I can find a distributor selling them. I've had good experiences with Kurt at Hemispheres Amusements and will be contacting him first.

2 months later
#4346 6 years ago

Also interested!

1 week later
#4477 6 years ago

MK6PIN . . . I anticipate there will be much more than 10 of us here that will want one . . . and powder coating of the right ramp too.

#4492 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll start a list for Matt...you can post or PM me...

Add me to the list too . . . thanks!

1 month later
#5721 6 years ago

Yet another home run by the Mod Couple . . . count me in too!

#5751 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So the batmobile flew off the turntable today. Is the Stern fix to send you a new batmobile riveted to the platform? Has anyone done it?

Yes, that's the fix. That happened after only a few games for me, but Stern replaced it under warranty. Still never found one of the screws though.

#5806 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is this an option/additional mod you could create and offer?

I would be willing to pay more for this too as it seems the mod could also be designed to lower the speakers, which would allow placement of the bat logos a bit lower (better balance) and the left one would not be so close to the badge.

#5965 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Did any one get a E-mail about this yesterday???I always previously, got a update from Comm.Gordon on this!! Has that stopped now??

I didn't get an email from Comm. Gordon yesterday, but received an email today about the new code from John Buscaglia, Chief Revenue Officer.

1 week later
#6207 6 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

I agree, would really like to lose the pink/orange completely.

Also agree, but this is HUGE, low-cost improvement until someone can sweet talk David into making an alternative that replaces the entire spinner (likely with batmobile for those of us with the riveted one).

#6221 6 years ago

Willing to pay much more Doc if it doesn't have globs of silicone and scratches on the lens, which was a pervasive problem with Stern's version.

#6223 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So there are 3 boards needed for the beacon and the premium topper?
Did all 3 come with the premium topper or did 1 or more come with with the add on beacon? Since you had a prem you bought the SP49 version right?
So for any LE owners who bought the $199 SP48 version of the beacon, does it come with a board in it or is it just a connector that plugs right into the existing node boards?

Here's a photo of the SP48 version's innards.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#6226 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So the LE Beacon still needs its own board even thought there are alreay 2 nodes boards in the backbox for the LE topper?
So the 3 pin connector with yellow, red, black wires connects where? Is there a mating connector already in the LE topper or does it go down into the backbox for a mating connector?

It attaches to the mating connector already in the LE topper.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#6235 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thanks for the pics
That looks like its under the metal cover behind Batman? When I'm home tonight I'll probe that connector and see what kind of signals and voltages are there.

Yes, it's under the metal cover (which is replaced by the SP48 projector) behind Batman on the LE topper.

1 week later
#6580 6 years ago

I'm interested and would prefer the batmobile version (option 2).

2 months later
#8471 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Anyone run into an issue on the .87 update? I plug my stick in turn the game on and hit select for .87 it goes to the next screen pictured below normally I hit select one more time and the update starts but the select button does nothing when I push it.

I had a similar freeze during my 0.86 update. I just turned the machine off and started the process again and it worked. Had no issues with the 0.87 update.

1 week later
#8626 6 years ago

That's thundergod76's photo.

2 months later
#9895 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

There are some pin owners that could care less about a topper. I happen to be on the other side of that spectrum. I need a topper on everyone of my games. If there is a person out there that would part with it. I'm over here. Just let me know.
Again I think spending that much on a topper is absolutely crazy However I think that kind of crazy got me into this hobby.

I totally understand. I was late to the BM66 party and wanted an LE because of the topper and it was uncertain at that time what the official Stern topper for the Premium would look like. I almost bought Vireland's SLE because of that damn topper, but was able to find a NIB LE for MSRP (thank you LevelUp Arcade in Oregon!). Anyway, sometime ago I did see someone selling the LE topper on eBay and I asked him whether he was including the node control boards and he said no. He sold it for close to what you are offering I believe, but without disclosing that it would not work (well, would not be integrated with game play anyway) without the associated boards. IMO, your offer isn't that crazy, but I agree with Vireland that it will be difficult to get the topper from an existing LE/SLE owner . . . it may be easier to get an entire LE.

1 week later
#9956 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

so one of my buddys completed all he villains and then got to villain escape multi-ball? how do you get to batusi?

You need to complete a minor villain for each of the 3 seasons.

2 months later
#10590 5 years ago

Looks I’d we have to PM him to pre-order, but I don’t do Facebook. Anyone have Christopher’s email address?

1 month later
#11018 5 years ago

Munsters will be going next to mine.

1 week later
#11105 5 years ago

For the rest of us, we could just use “Buddy” for the personal call out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 34.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wcbu64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.