Topic Stats

• 16,457 posts
  • 627 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Mudflaps
  • Topic is favorited by 239 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,545 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5B035205-662C-499B-9EE7-496981E16138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20201103_185013478 (resized).jpg
A7C4855F-E9CE-4E4D-BF69-8522C09513BA (resized).jpeg
EC7B1A43-4774-46C0-BF26-227F496A0702 (resized).jpeg
F97C53C7-FB2B-4549-B44E-C3142ABE62AF (resized).jpeg
41345328_355092725033923_6103759486713856000_n (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
rps20210105_004521 (resized).jpg
F3086E57-9B70-46FD-AAC7-792CA0BFD4F7 (resized).jpeg
45E65716-5351-495E-B0C9-C0A9D9E6E3BD (resized).jpeg
317619E0-5170-4B21-B39C-2343CE00496E (resized).jpeg
20210102_144024 (resized).jpg
F2DFC03E-D793-4B12-A83A-296A2F10BA32 (resized).jpeg
7E988C00-5AB4-4B44-97AD-8C29DB39FA48 (resized).jpeg
bmgc (resized).jpg
peg (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (4 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (4 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (4 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (4 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (4 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (4 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (3 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twenty84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1948 3 years ago

While waiting for the next code update, I replaced the stock start button (came crooked from the factory) with one of my own design.

IMG_8798 (resized).jpg

IMG_8795 (resized).jpg

#1950 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

twenty84 is that just a photo printed decal? Looks awesome do you plan to sell any?

I pulled apart the original button and sanded the word "start" off using 800 grit sand paper. The new graphic was printed on transparency film and put on top of the green plastic insert then I popped the original transparent plastic dome back on and reassembled the switch. PM me if you want to buy the transparency insert. I realize not everyone is up to doing this and would sell the assembled switches if I could find a source for original ones, but I don't know where to get them as of now.

#1954 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there anyway to make the start button clear? is the green a plastic cap/cover or is the plastic itself green?

The plastic underneath is green and the transparent lens/dome is green. Thus you would have to replace both the plastic and the lens to make it another color. I know these must come in other colors because the same start button is on the Hobbit in yellow, but I don't know where to get them.

Quoted from docquest:

marco sells a clear 1" button which should fit.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PBA1W

I think it might fit but this button is much smaller than the stock button so it wouldn't look right. This is the correct button for Sterns prior to BM66.

#1956 3 years ago

Here is what the pieces of the button look like when you take it apart

IMG_8796 (resized).jpg

#1960 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Was it lit with one of the little rectangular surface mount LED boards?

Not all the parts are shown. All the parts inside the can including the part with the light and electrical switch is essentially the same as earlier Sterns and going back to the 90s BW games. It did have an LED in it but it was esssntially just a replacement for the bulb that would be there in earlier designs.

Quoted from cooked71:

Guessing its cheaper than routing a recess in the ply.

Probably not. The cabinet still needs to be recessed for the newer switch.

#1981 3 years ago

Just listened to K-----'s podcast where George Gomez was a guest. Gomez said the next BM66 code update will be Monday or Tuesday. Also said that Lyman is only working on the BM66 code right now and not splitting time between other games.

#2050 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Anyone know the difference between a quick update and a full update? I've been doing full update with no issues. Just curious.

I've been doing a quick update with no issues. It isn't that quick though.

2 weeks later
#2165 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Do you own one of these? Seems you get ill about this alot...just didnt see it in your collection...curious, I might have missed it

I don't know that one has to be an owner to have an opinion on this but it looks like his is for sale:

#2244 3 years ago

The date for the SLE code was never updated when 0.70 was released. I remember joking with some friends about only the LE and prem owners getting an update when it was released. In reality the links from the 3 models go to the same file.

2 months later
#2900 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

On the code update;I got it that Mr Lyman has been taken off the B66 for other projects! He will be doing any more code from home in his spare time!!

Source?

1 week later
#3139 3 years ago

I modded my premium with a Bat signal topper I got custom made for $85. It is powered such that it says on whenever the game is on, but would be about as easy to make it on whenever the play field bat signal is on:

http://tmmello1965.wixsite.com/fanmade/bat-signal

I added the same copter that is on the SLE but put mine over the pops (where it is on the SLE blocks some of the inserts).

I put a larger Batmobile than is on the SLE and does not include the boat or trailer hitch over my shooter lane. The one on the SLE is readily available and could be mounted in the same way but I find the idea of towing a trailer in a jet powered car ridiculous.

I mounted both the car and the copter using a piece of polycarbonate I cut myself and the existing screws without modifying the playfield or plastics.

IMG_9856 (resized).jpg
IMG_9864 (resized).jpg
IMG_9860 (resized).jpg

#3141 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I got one of those too, but was extremely disappointed at how poorly the light throws. It is a single LED that barely gives off any light even in very dark conditions. It looks very nice, but fails as a functional batsignal. Maybe it's because I got the larger one, but it is absolutely not a substitute for the projector in the Stern batsignal.

For me it was more important to have a Bat Signal that looked like something from the show (unfortunately Stern's is very utilitarian and is clearly meant to be hidden from view). My ceiling over the game is fairly low so it wasn't as important to have a large bright logo projected so I am happy with how it projects. It would be possible to change the LED to a brighter one, although I would agree the LED isn't easily accessible.

3 months later
#5212 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The Batman66 premiuns at the stern tour had 0.70 code on them. Saw the boot up screen on one of them.
Asked a stern employee about a Batman66 code update and they werent sure but thought the next release was going to be 0.90.

Since the publicly available code (released in May) is 0.75 I guess they don't even update their own machines.

#5246 3 years ago

I asked on Stern's Facebook page when the new code would be released to owners. No response yet, but the question hasn't been deleted either.

#5386 3 years ago

The real question is why don't they just release the code? They have new code and people are playing it at Expo. They even mentioned that they would give you the code on a USB drive at the booth, so why not just make it available for download? Stern says this is a teaser release and is not meant to be public code - OK but all we've ever had for this game is basically teaser releases. I feel like Stern is essentially giving the finger to those of us that bought this game based on what they told us at last years show.

#5627 3 years ago

If anything the yelobird mod needs to be more off center to look authentic... I look forward to getting mine.

1 week later
#5914 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10155897770794244?comment_id=10155898430769244&notif_id=1509076105998240&notif_t=feed_comment
A couple comments on it already...not from Stern....
I approached in a very non aggressive manner, but straight to the point.

I just added my 2 cents to their Facebook:

"Over 2 weeks ago we were told there would be a BM66 update "very soon", or within a week, or 2 weeks depending on who was asked and where . Now it has been over 2 weeks and we don't even have the code that was good enough for the people to play at Expo. We trusted you when we ordered bought this game with unfinished code - if you can't provide the code that was promised perhaps at least a little honest communication with your customers?"

I don't care if I get banned from their Facebook - frankly I'm about to remove them from mine.

#5918 3 years ago

Did anyone get the Expo code on a USB drive, as they mentioned this would be an option? I'm starting to think they just don't care.

#6138 3 years ago

Installed my atomic pile today. Looks great, thanks yelobird

8075EA9B-94F0-40E8-8BA5-B13663612ED5 (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#7047 3 years ago

Powder coated my left ramp red so now I have a poor man’s LE

8F043C4A-2B41-4ED7-B538-4F4B5B0BFF26 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#8602 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Batman '66 was a weird case where the Premium is essentially the Pro, the LE is a Premium, and the SuperLE is an LE. Maybe they decided to treat it like a Pro and not bracket it.

As far as I know none of the BM66 models have corner brackets and corner brackets were also never factory installed on previous Sterns.

1 month later
#9200 2 years ago

Any word when this new code will be available for download?

#9206 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I dont think it will - its a beta, will need a bit more work.

True, but this hasn’t stopped them before.

#9271 2 years ago

I've never been happy with the stickers on the lock bar and have been working on a replacement. I finally came up with something I'm happy with on my own game. For the button I have 304 stainless steel that I have cut in 2 pieces (an upper and slightly larger bottom layer). These were bent to match the contour of the lock bar. The bottom layer is powder coated white and top layer is powder coated red. They are held on by the button itself although additional adhesive could be used. I tried to make it so it covered the original sticker completely, but as you can see there is a small area that is visible. This may not bother some people but I was going to re powder coat my lock bar and remove the sticker anyway. The bat comes in 2 variations - a plain one and one that says "GADGET SELECTOR". I also used the same technique to make a little sign that says "BAT GADGET SELECTOR" the same size as the original sticker. This would need to be held on with glue or double stick tape. We plan to offer these on our website, but my wife is getting ready for a dance competition with our daughters so it might be a few days. Feel free to PM me if you want one earlier, and I'll try to get a few in the mail tomorrow. The cost will be $49 for the Bat (either variation), and $19 for the "GADGET SELECTOR" sign.

I could also sell them in unpainted stainless steel (for those that prefer that look or want to do their own powder coating) or could do custom colors (for additional cost).

IMG_1219 (resized).jpg

IMG_1190 (resized).jpg

IMG_1188 (resized).jpg

IMG_1193 (resized).jpg

#9273 2 years ago

Yes, the bat is bent about 8° to match the angle of the lockdown bar prior to powder coating.

#9283 2 years ago

Someone asked me how to attach the bat and and sign and I accidentally deleted the message before responding. The bat is held on by the button and because the curve of the bat matches the contour of the lockbar, no further adhesive is needed. The little sign could be attached in a few ways. I think the best would be to use an epoxy like JB weld (this is now the layers of metal are held together) but it would not be easily removable after that. This might be the best option if the game was on route, and probably also the best looking option. Double stick tape is also an option but at least the tape I have, has more thickness than I would like. If people can think of other options I'm open to it.

1 week later
#9346 2 years ago

It looks like that turntable is jammed back into the playf ield and can't move freely. There are some adjustments under the play field that you might check.

#9368 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Holy quality parts twenty84 Batman! Chrome Candy have smashed it!
it is absolutely beautifully made! Really finishes of the game.

Glad to see my parts made it to the UK!

#9374 2 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

twenty84
Ive gone to your website and unfortunately do not see them there, how do we Aussies order some.
Macca, cooked and myself will probably buy those lock bar mods : )
( group buy fellas )
Cheers mate.

We have them up on our website (chromecandy.com) now. The bats that go under the button are $49 each and the little sign is $19. For international and group orders it may still be easier to order via PM/Paypal.

#9419 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Both Prem and LE since they made mistakes early on and put it on the wrong models. Dunno how many, though. Pics were posted.

Early pre-production pics had the prem with the cat woman on the side, but I've never actually seen a premium that was made this way. Has anyone seen an actual premium game like this?

#9425 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think all LEs got art blades even though they where not originally advertised for the LE, never seen a Premium with the stern art blades.

True, but I added the LE art blades to my prem. Someone sold me a set at Allentown last year, but have no idea where he got them and haven't seem them for sale since.

#9445 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Official cabinet art for each model below.
You can see the changes between pre production and production - backbox decals on the LE and Prem got swapped and no art blades shown on the LEs.

Interestingly in these pictures the start buttons are smaller older style ones I would guess these are pre-production examples or renderings.

#9467 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Why can't they just make one model??Like the good ole days..This pro,Le,ect. stuff just mangels peoples brain,the Le has this but it doesnt have that,The pro has this but not that..One machine all the same -One price.In the future it will be like this.

The future is now - BM66 premium is the only version they currently make.

#9520 2 years ago

Looks like it is still the 0.88 code we got in February at the moment

2 weeks later
#9738 2 years ago

Put new powder coated armor on mine last night

8CB93BD3-F867-47FD-A56B-51A92460D47A (resized).jpeg

282A42F5-55C9-490A-B373-D2BF3D3565BC (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#10056 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

May's Stern of the Union said there was going to be a code update this month. Going to be cutting it close if true.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

It was already released earlier today.

3 months later
#10893 2 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

Hi all-
I am considering joining the club as the new code looks great and had a few questions. Early on in this thread there was a discussion of several issues that people were experiencing. The ball flying off the left ramp, issues with the left orbit, and the ball getting periodically stuck around the rotisserie. Are these issues still occurring on new games and still require tweaking?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

The ball flying off the left ramp was fixed with a kit they sent to owners. Probably installed on all new games. Same with the ball sliding down the Catwoman plastic into the outlane.
The rotisserie needs to be level. Mine was pretty far off out of the box, but once leveled stuck balls have been uncommon. These kind of tweeks are pretty much to be expected on any new game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twenty84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside