IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tjc02002.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17021 2 years ago
Quoted from Scottn63:

Are you still waiting for it to get delivered?

Im curious how the Insider Connect apron looks. I recall in the Insider Connect announcement video, it was mentioned that BM66 and Elvira will have custom aprons for it. I did my final payment for my BM66 yesterday so when i get mine i will post a pic but thats probably not for at least a week im guessing.

#17026 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Just talked to GEX: my BM66 is supposed to arrive at their warehouse Monday or Tuesday. I'd say the chances of it making the RT to Michigan by Christmas will probably require a Christmas Miracle.

Ive heard as soon as its in transit its pretty quick.

1 week later
#17073 2 years ago

Hey all. I just got my NIB BM66 and I’m getting node board 4 and sometimes 24 error. 24 is the mini tv which seems to be working fine and node 4 is insider connect which doesn’t work because it’s not supported in the code. Just wondering if others with IC are seeing the same errors. Thanks.

#17080 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffgerard:

Same with my NIB game. It seems not affect the gameplay at all. My guess it has something to do with the insider connect hardware without the game code updated to accept it.

I disconnected the IC node board and the error is gone and the game boots faster. It’s definitely just in need of a code update.

#17082 2 years ago
Quoted from Nate1979:

Any luck fixing this? Just got my new in box setup today. Having the same issue there. Ball just flys off.
Also, this is my 4th new in box from Stern. I don’t remember the other units behaving like this. The balls seem to hook up everywhere on the field. Lots of jumping etc. can hardly catch the ball as there is so much spin it just spins off the flipper. I have not waxed or anything yet. Any advice? I am admittedly not the best player yet and only a couple years into the hobby but this game is just reacting different. Makes it hard to play. Maybe it will calm after more plays.
I do love the play, toys etc on it. So glad I was able to get on the list for one of these

My new one is doing it too. To me it seems like the flippers are too strong but I can’t seem to find a flipper strength adjustment.

#17090 2 years ago
Quoted from chewiec:

I talked to Stern and they mentioned that it could be the ramp itself and are going to send out a new one. In the interim I found that I used some of the felt circular pads used for furniture on the plastic for the left ramp. I placed them on the inside roof of the plastic at the entrance of the left ramp and it seems to slow down the ball enough to not have it fly off at the first s curve. I can't see them from a players perspective so I don't worry about how it looks at this point and they will be easy to remove if a better solution presents itself. After doing it, I have next to none of the balls fly off the ramp. If a future update allows for the flipper power to be adjusted then that would probably help the issue but this has definitely eased the problem of the ball flying off and hitting the cabinet side.

Please let us know if that works.

I really think the flipper strength is way too high. Last night I hit the spinner so hard it fell apart(I easily just put it back together but if I didn’t see it it could have scratched the playfield). If I bend the EOS switches so that they open very early will that reduce the flipper power?

#17092 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

How steep is your game?

As steep as the leg levelers will allow. The level is pegged high. Still too strong imo.

1 week later
#17120 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Is there a way to turn down the flipper power? I didn’t see it in the settings

I’m pretty sure no. I think a code update will happen soon and I’m really hoping they add it.

#17127 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

hey folks I may be purchasing a really low play batman 66 from the original run in 2017. Is there anything I need to look for with those older runs? Were there problems with chipping/pooling around posts or anything?

I think the first runs may have not had the plastic cable chaffing protector on the stationary turntable frame. So when the turntable turns, the cabling wraps around the moving turntable frame and just clears the stationary part of the frame. There is a chance if the cabling is not kinda tight around the moving turntable that it could rub against the stationary frame. On my game, there is a plastic shield on the stationary frame part so that the cabling will rub on the plastic but i believe on earlier models, there was no shield so if the cabling did rub it could be on the edge of kinda sharp metal. the cabling wasn't intended to touch that metal but i think ive seen someone have an issue where their cabling got frayed due to this. This is nothing to steer you away from buying the machine at all, but if you dont have the plastic protector either 1. try to get it from stern and install it, or 2. just make sure the cabling isnt rubbing and freying.

1 week later
#17171 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I want to try and link my BM66 to my Godzilla IC scanner as I did with JP, EHOH and Led Zep. When I look under the playfield at the Node Boards, there are no open RJ45 ports tos use for the scanner. Any idea where I can plug the scanner into?
Thanks
Ed

On my game there is a splitter installed so that there is a port for the IC. Looks like an off the shelf RJ45 splitter. My game was a 2021 december run with factory installed IC.

#17174 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Any chance you can send me a picture of the one Stern used? I was looking at some on Amazon and it says it does not support two connections at the same time so want to be sure I get the right one.
Thanks!
Ed

I will later if I remember. It’s literally the shittiest looking splitter like on Amazon. It’s like off white and square ish.

#17176 2 years ago

The game code is pretty well fleshed out and i personally kinda doubt any more updates will ever happen. Im glad we got flipper power adjustment! One thing that only slightly bothers me is that the mini TV could at least display a couple of differing images during gameplay, but it pretty much just either: displays word "batman", displays the phone ringing video for a second before it spins, displays word "jackpot", displays words "ball save". Thats pretty much it other than during attract mode it scrolls through some cool images and during match sequence it displays the word "match sequence". I just wish it would at least display like an image of catwoman during catwoman mode or an image of joker when you hit it to spell joker or something. I actually kinda wonder if Pinball Browser could help with this, maybe just shortly triggering certain already existing images. Anyone have thoughts/knowledge on that?

#17221 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Haven't seen this one as of yet, but I did notice the magnet does release the ball as quick when its being held for answering the phone, and the game starts a ball search in like 10 secs. I even just replaced all the balls assuming its a magnetized issues and still no luck sits there like a golfball on a tee.
So now I was assumed a magnet dimple was catching it but with the game powered off the ball wont stay and just rolls right off. "shrug"

I noticed a ball search during game play when the ball wasn't even stuck(i just didnt hit a switch for a while). I haven't noticed the ball saved issue yet but only played a couple of games.

Quoted from JStoltz:

I got an anonymous direct message, presumably from someone in the know, that it would be coming eventually. This was after my previous post speculating that maybe it was held up due to licensing issues with the main theme. They said that the priority of this release was the IC integration.
Not sure if this mystery person would really be privvy to inside information, though, so take that with a grain of salt.

This is an interesting quote. any other info/context?

1 month later
#17481 2 years ago

Check out post# 17177 on page 344,

1 week later
#17507 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Does the new special Batman apron for IC have the flipper LED light holes in the apron, that shine LEDs on the left and right flippers from the apron, like all new machines have? Does anyone know?

No it doesn’t…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tjc02002.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=tjc02002 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.