PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4046 6 years ago

I hope Lyman and Gomez are trying to top Monster Bash.

#4047 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I think the success of the Wonder Woman movie surprised everyone. It's on everyone's radar screen now and would be a good pin theme after the sequel is released in a few years. That should put some space between it and Elvira.

Gal Gadot on a mirrored back glass. Yum.

Quoted from iceman44:Yep, I gave feedback on that request
After Franchi interview I agree and said then too, good chance it's Beatles yellow sub
Willy Wonka one of most successful slots ever

Beatles is a dream theme for me. Yellow Submarine would be the absolute worst concept to choose from IMO. Yuck. Closer to a "probably pass" than a " must buy".

Outside the song (which is cute and catchy) the Yellow Sub movie and comics seemed like a contrived marketing novelty. Didnt feel like the real Beatles to me. Do hard core Beatles fans hold a lot of nostalgia for Yellow Submarine? I think not, but I have no idea. I just know I don't, and I'm a pretty huge Beatles fan.

I'm not saying it would be the "best" way to do a Beatles pin, but one idea that captivates me is a Revolver themed pin, with the album cover as a real backglass and all black and white line art - 60's era style - on the playfield, Centaur style.

With all the vivid color possibilities in the LCD age, it doesn't make sense to make an all black and white pin, but if the art was killer, I'll bet Stern - Better yet JJP - could sell 50 SLE's of this for $50k a piece in about 5 minutes.

1 month later
#5652 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

That purchase application is the peak of arrogance.

Have you heard the broadcast of Stern’s expo presentation? Gary is so damn cavalier (and arrogant). It’s not so much what he - and some of the others that spoke - say (although that can be pretty lame too) but it’s how they say it. Like they’re all in a members only club that only they are the members of. His comments on widebody pins for example. OMFG. Even George to a degree, and he’s a delightful fellow by all accounts, came off a tad high falutin. Even while expressing “mea culpa”on the “every two weeks” promise.

On the whole the entire presentation smacked of hot air and holier than thou posturing. Now that I’ve heard it, I have less issue with their focus on market expansion and barcades and whatever, but their smug demeanor is a clear indicator that they really don’t give a fart about all the things we’ve been bemoaning, complaining, and expressing concerns about.

#5656 6 years ago

Thank god they didn’t compromise the tournament with the .72. Stern is always looking out for us players.

#5694 6 years ago

I hope Lyman kills it, and he probably will. But nothing lasts, and there’s gonna come a day when Lyman under delivers. That’s just life.

3 months later
#8530 6 years ago

I’m not sure the last version of code I played. It was back in December. Game is cool. But really, besides the main objectives of the game (jailing villains) and the handful of mini villain modes, what’s the big deal? The LCD integration and Adam West/Burt Ward callouts?

From a rules perspective, why is this game better than LOTR, or SM for example?

#8552 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There's a lot of risk reward, insane stacking of up to 5 separate modes/multiballs/sub-modes, made manageable with channel changing, currently 4 villains and 6 (?) minor villains with more to come, bat-turn mode, currently 3 multiballs, plenty of multiplier possibilities. Code is not only deep, but very clever.
LOTR is deep, but strategy wise I cant really comment. Doesn't seem nearly as clever as B66, even at this stage.
B66 really benefits from knowing what you are doing.

Quoted from jfh:

Well, the LCD integration and callouts certainly elevate the game and with the ability to use any audio/video from the series it may end up being the best theme integration of all time, but what makes the game "better" is that the game play puts you in actual episodes of the series as you work toward capturing the villians.
Villian is sighted/qualified, Commissioner calls Batman, Bruce and Dick head to the Batcave, Batmobile exits the Batcave, the Dynamic Duo engage the villian, figure things out, get trapped, there's a cliffhanger and escape and multiple escalations until the villian is captured. Which parts and how much depend on your skill as a player. Yes, there is a "formula" for progressing through each villian but even when it's the same, the video makes it different.
Add in unique modes like "Bat Turn", incredible stacking options with the unique channel changing concept where you decide what you see while your playing and the variety of the minor villian modes make this a far more engaging game than SM. Not sure it's fair to compare it to LOTR because, though it's a great game, LOTR can't compete for the total experience.
But if you don't really like (or know) the theme, Batman may not be better to play than either of the games you mention.

I definitely played it after the first major release (in months). I enjoy the game and look forward to playing it more. I like the concept of risk/reward, but it seems a little grindy here, with playing the villains over and over again. But I’ll try it next time.

Thanks for the info.

1 week later
#8774 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

The top braces I used are these https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-2-in-Zinc-Plated-Heavy-Duty-Corner-Brace-2-Pack-15442/202034088. If you look closely at the pic above you can see where I spot welded the seam for strength. I painted them black so they wouldn't be visible.

So now we need a blow torch when buying NIB!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 39.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 210.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.