PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spandol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7317 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Welcome to the club!
The LEs were produced early and most of us had similar problems. Take some time and read through the thread and you'll see all the issues addressed. Before you do anything further, go through the game and tighten up screws, check for other missing parts, etc. make sure no cables are wrapped around or interfering with the turntable. All of the problem areas are documented earlier in the thread.
As frolic mentioned, Stern will send you a ramp fix kit and replacement (riveted) Batmobile spinner disc. However there is a better replacement after market ramp coming and using yelobird's Batcave spinner mod (and getting the much nicer Batmobile) are better options.
Here is my list of suggested mods. I'd add the Batcomputer cover set to those (released after I made the post). You will notice the mods for the turntable the most, so the Atomic Pile and Batcave mods along with one of the phone options are almost "must have" mods. Consider a Cliffy set as well.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/141#post-4101056

Is yelobird's atomic mod different from the mod couple one or is that the same person? I've only seen the mod couple mod.

1 week later
#7558 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Bat signal topper mod installed (very cool)

Does the bat signal topper come on at certain times in the game or is it just always on? Was considering the Stern one, but it’s not cheap.

#7560 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It is on during attract mode, parachute pickup mode and when the Batphone is ringing.

That sounds cool. Thanks for the info! Was considering for my premium that’s coming.

#7564 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Forget the Stern Bat signal and buy docquest's Bat signal mod. Better quality for a lot less!

Awesome, thanks!

2 weeks later
#7938 6 years ago

So, I got a premium and I have to say, with Lyman on the code and where it is, this game is going to rate up there with TWD and MET for me. The only thing that is bad is the left orbit. I searched and moved my Catwoman wire more underneath so it isn't in the way, but I never get a smooth shot. Sometimes it seems to hit the end of the ball guide, which is on the right of the ball, further up the loop. Do you guys get this? Is there anything else to try? Most of the other shots feel smooth but that one just doesn't. I hesitate moving the blue bumper because there seems to be enough room for the ball, but its just not smooth.

Thanks in advance.

#7941 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Moving the blue bumper to the inside helped a LOT, IMO.

Ok, maybe I’ll try it. Thanks!

#7957 6 years ago

Ok, so I went to move the blue bumper on the left ramp, to the right side, but it leaves the two connectors sticking out. Not a good idea to leave that way, I wouldn’t think. I’m not sure what else to try to help smooth out the left orbit shot. Seemed to help leveling it more, but the clunkiness of the shot is terrible! The right orbit it awesome and feels great to shoot. Let me know if there are other things people tried. Thanks!

#7960 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You can slightly bend the left side of the ramp inwards. Helps allot.

Awesome cooked, thanks!

#8021 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Had a few friends over tonight to play some pinball.Batman got the most plays. In fact you couldn't prize me off it. I swapped out the whole left ramp with the one off the other playfield I have and the left orbit shots tonight really flowed way way better than the one I took off. It was like night and day.
Previous one was a right pita to hit. Taking a look they are both cable tied up slightly different and this obviously makes a massive difference.
Anyone with bricking left orbits then that cable needs adjusting and re-tied.

I moved the tied cable but my shots still reject and are clunky. Sometimes it does make it. But it’s far from smooth.

#8081 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

update went fine for me, with the same old stick I use for everything.
the 2 new minor villains is great. I only played each one briefly but they seem fleshed out, with clips integrated like the others.
I counted 5 remaining greyed out choices.

There is??? Awesome.

2 weeks later
#8420 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I had heard was that it was pushed back to late fall (Halloween would certainly be appropriate), but if that has changed and it's now moved into 2019, I'm fine with that. I think that would certainly be an indication that Stern has learned from the Batman "mistake" and/or realized that coding a game to take advantage of an LCD and video assets has to extend the development cycle. Maybe that's also why we say the surprise rerun/vault of AC/DC Luci.
If Lyman is allowed to truly finish Batman, I'm on board for Elvira and don't mind at all if the release is pushed out to flesh out the code -- want to see plenty of Elvira flesh -- that would be a very smart move by Stern.
(I know the mistake referenced is lack of code at release, but, with the unfortunate death of Adam last year, imagine how bad everyone would have felt if Batman 66 hadn't been moved up in the production cycle).

Of course, we all have our own wishes, but mine would be for Lyman to work on Iron Maiden with Elwin. I will be buying it if that's the case.

#8553 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

So I downloaded the new code (0.87) and finally had time to update my machine today. Everything looked good. Downloaded fine. Opened file. Put it on a usb. Same as always.
But when I put the USB in the machine to update, once you hit the "Select" button once, and then a 2nd time to begin the update, it just hangs without starting the update.
I've never missed an update, and I have never had an issue with the update. Tried 2 different USB sticks with the same result (both of them have worked with Batman 66 in the past). Anyone else with the same issue? Any ideas?
Note: after a while, I turned the machine off, removed the usb, and turned it back on, and it plays the 0.86 code.

For the last 3 updates, mine always hangs in the middle. I turn the machine off and it restarts to update and now the full is selected, probably because the code in the machine is now corrupt. When I ran the full update, it’s worked without stopping each of the 3 times.

#8609 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Welcome to the club! It’s good to see more people getting in. Maybe Stern’s bean counters will make a correlation between good code leading to better sales and happier customers. Hopefully, some of that concept might eventually trickle over to GotG as well.

It’s the main reason I bought. Also, because the shots feel good, but without that magic code, I would have passed.

1 month later
#9255 5 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Does the Stern Batsignal for the Premium require the topper to connect? I just bought one and I can't see where it can connect to (I don't have the topper). The instructions show how to connect it to an LE topper so perhaps I got the wrong Batsignal? thanks.

As long as you got the one that doesn't specify for the LE you're good. Don't worry about the instructions. If you look at the top of the machine, you'll see where it secures to the head. I don't have the topper and it works perfect.

1 month later
#9764 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Any hints/techniques for installing the side art blades on BM66? Those are some tight clearances! Not sure of the best way of doing this. It looks like it could be a disaster if they stick in the wrong place.

It is a disaster if you put them in the wrong place!

Buy this stuff - Rapid Tac - https://www.amazon.com/RAPID-Application-Decals-Stickers-Sprayer/dp/B006RUG9XO/ref=sr_1_2
There's a smaller bottle if you want to spend less.

Spray it on the sticky side after you take off the covering. Once the play field is upright, push it over to the opposite side so it gives you a little clearance on the side you are applying the decal. Take the decal, with the Rapid Tac applied and work it into the correct position.

Use one of these rubber squeegees to rub on the decal downward to get rid of the excess Rapid Tac. https://www.amazon.com/3M-Applicator-Squeegee-PA1-B-Blue/dp/B00657SFPE/ref=sr_1_5
Clean that stuff up with a rag and you're done! The decal will dry perfect!

#9767 5 years ago

Thank you so much spandol, this is exactly what I was looking for! I'm ordering it today. What a resource Pinside is - thanks to folks like you and the others on this thread.
Jim

You’re very welcome Jim! You might be able to do it for free like Vireland describes. I just know to use this from putting on large cabinet decals in the past, and others use rapid tac for inner art blades. I like the stuff and using the rubber squeegee myself.

#9777 5 years ago

Well, I've already ordered the Rapid Tac from Amazon and they say it will be here some time Monday. I think it will be Tuesday when I do the installation. Thanks to both of you, I feel confident it will go well. I'll report my results once it is done.

Cool, looking forward to seeing. I like Rapid Tac, and it's not that expensive.

#9783 5 years ago
Quoted from drummerboy71:

So, tomorrow I will receive my first NIB.... and I am joining then this club with my Batman 66 premium! Already nervous about this delivery tomorrow..... looking very much forward to it. I've not (yet) read al the 196 pages of this thread...., but I would like to hear from you which mods are not to be missed to buy for this BM 66 premium, Thanks!

I'm not a mod guy, but the Atomic Pile mod is one to get. It's not cheap, but I love it. Makes that area look like an Atomic Pile should.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1080-the-mod-couple/01402-batman-66-custom-atomic-pile-mod-kit-lighted

#9791 5 years ago

Awesome, glad I could help! The blades on TWD and GOT were different as I did it dry and could pull it off slightly and fix it. Not anymore because they tear very easily. Rapid tac and a squeegee is the way to go!

#9792 5 years ago

I recommend the Stern side art blades and the Stern shaker (for the Spike 2 system).

Yes I agree with this as well. Didn't mention it because I didn't really think of Stern products as a mod, but I guess in some way it is.

1 month later
#10101 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So what’s the trick to installing blades on a pin, did you do the “wet” install?

Go to my post #9764 on page 196 Sean. I show how I do it. I use Rapid Tac to make them easy to install.

1 month later
#10289 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Thank u j85. What don’t you guys like about it ?

It can be a little clunky at times with the loops, the left especially. I will hit a good shot and it will end up going to a unused area behind the ramp then come back. So, sometimes the loops are smooth and sometimes not. I hate when it does that, but the game is getting really good with Lyman on the code.

1 month later
#10622 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Quick question;
So I just played a game and completed all four main villains. Batman was flashing but I wasn't sure what I was supposed to shoot at.
Any ideas?
[quoted image]

Lyman did some awesome stuff with Villain Escape and the lights. I won't give it away, but it's so cool in my opinion.

4 months later
#11919 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Well, I'm interested in seeing what others think about Bookworm/Freeze too.
Rob

I actually thought it made the scoring way off balance too.....until I tried to get it. Jack made it look easy. I have yet to finish the combination. But I do see what you’re saying. Maybe he’ll make changes to it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
Protection
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spandol.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=spandol and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.