Topic Stats

• 15,123 posts
  • 563 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by jfh
  • Topic is favorited by 219 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,234 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dimple ij (resized).JPG
69DD9416-FBF7-4ADD-8316-BD88152E36EB (resized).jpeg
15755812303958123643281727273042 (resized).jpg
F8DE2267-3533-4500-9545-CEAB9A43148F (resized).jpeg
F846EBE9-E794-4BC9-9D61-4494CA921424 (resized).jpeg
image2 (1) (resized).jpeg
image3 (1) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
921e5611b23739bdfed6ee3e32405fb458ae1af8 (resized).jpg
86325759-196B-4DE6-8F07-6693CA8A48DB (resized).jpeg
7B224F91-4D25-4073-89A8-2B1A168B22C4 (resized).jpeg
7B4B35B6-F7BC-42DB-9447-876E0E4DF2D7 (resized).jpeg
E3D22485-B4C6-4FE7-BC99-379BF02B1EAF (resized).jpeg
8400f819b881cf5a43cfd3837f3eda927fe0151e-1 (resized).jpg
90A9CB3F-BB8C-44AD-AB07-E39E22D6F186 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (2 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (2 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (2 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (2 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (2 years ago)

Post #1649 How to level the turntable mech on Batman 66. Posted by rlslick (2 years ago)

Post #1658 Version 0.69 code released Posted by PinB (2 years ago)

Post #1914 How to Diagnose "Stuck Joker" targets. Posted by vireland (2 years ago)

Post #2008 Version 0.70 Code released Posted by frolic (2 years ago)

Post #2353 Version 0.71 Code released Posted by frolic (2 years ago)

Post #2556 Version 0.75 Code released Posted by vireland (2 years ago)

Post #2755 Game Adjustment #139 for Enabling Attract Mode Music Posted by thundergod76 (2 years ago)

Post #2873 Link to announcement of Batman'66 Accessories. Posted by Rasavage (2 years ago)

Post #2926 BatSignal Beacon information. Posted by MK6PIN (2 years ago)

Post #3369 docquest's full helicopter guide. Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 3 years ago

In for a SLE as I have this syndrome

shiny-object (resized).jpg

5 months later
#1677 2 years ago

Lyman is the draw for this game for sure.

He is so good I am almost thinking of just having Lyman games. These would be the ones I want - have some already.

AFM
MB
SM
TWD
TRON
ACDC
MET

His games are pure fun plus so many clever hooks to keep the player on the edge.

#1683 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I didn't want to type anything... hard to imagine reading his post without seeing MET in the list...

How could I forget MET?! Awesome game. List amended

3 months later
#2710 2 years ago

For the Lyman fans, he is doing Elvira 3 after this game so add that to your list

1 week later
#2923 2 years ago

Why can't Stern be open regarding code updates?

Rumors of a KISS update for over a year and still crickets.....

Lyman may already be working on Elvira 3 as he is on the game, allegedly.

2 weeks later
#3195 2 years ago

Stern seem to have really dropped the ball this year regarding regular code updates.

Ok, it's great they have got the production line busy but why can't they keep us in the loop more regarding updates?

1 month later
#3934 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Seriously doubt it's a super hero pin
If it is, I'm out

They asked people a while back -

I am guessing Beatles - Yellow Submarine.

They have 8 themes to choose from:
Three Stooges
Munsters
Monkees
Beatles Yellow Submarine
Beverly Hillbillies
Young Frankenstein
A Christmas Story
Willy Wonka

1 week later
#4150 2 years ago

It is simple unbelievable that Stern don't communicate more with their customer base. Understandable 10 plus years ago but times have changed. They have time to write all sorts of junk on FB but they just can't give information on code updates which is what all their home use customers want.

Is it really too much? KISS was a fiasco but they might still be working on it..... why not tell us? And obviously BM66 - like others I suspect this game is going to be great and I kind of regret not buying an LE that came up local but the code stopped me.

Maybe with Zach joining, things will begin to change??!!

1 week later
#4411 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

How do you know this? I heard rumblings, but nothing for sure.

Also heard same in that seems like Lyman is working on Elvira 3 as well.

Do any of the Stern programmers work full time on one game? I doubt it really.

#4423 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

In all likelihood, Expo is THE drop dead date for this major code update. If they don't have a code release by Expo, I hope those who can attend, give them some MAJOR SHIT as they very much deserve it for such a terrible release / rollout.
On the brighter side, Expo starts Oct 12th so we have just over 1 month remaining of wait "hopefully"

Yup, think there might be code update before Expo and not just BM66.

Huge one for BM66 and minor updates on other games.

2 weeks later
#4712 2 years ago

Lyman has been on Elvira for sure.

Does seem likely the GOTG delay has something to do with JT.

With JJP Pirates debuting at Expo and by all accounts, loaded with toys, Stern really have to do something.

So, some big updates in Expo week will go a long way to deflecting away from other news.

I can't imagine no MB66 update.

#4725 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

There are "rumours" that GB sales have dropped off a cliff, AS sales peaked at reveal but have declined and SW is not selling anywhere near as well as expected. If any of that is actually true then that would give Stern a good reason to reveal a new game, plus I am sure Gary would like to steal some of the thunder from JJP #4.
The smartest move for Stern regardless of what rumours are true or not, is for them to announce multiple code updates, apologise for the delays but hope sincerely that everyone is happy with the fruits of these delays and then showcase a teaser of the next game, doesn't have to be a full reveal, but enough to get people talking and speculating, multiple code releases will please a lot of people and go along way to making a new game announcement go down smoothly, rather than implode like a bomb.

Do Stern do 'smart'?

But, yes, you would think they would do something along these lines!

1 week later
#4816 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

There's more than that, but timing is the Q.

KISS?

AS is patiently waiting as well.

Hoping BM66 is a massive one as sales must have fallen off a cliff for this title - do Stern really get that they will sell more games the better code gets?

Maybe they just don't know how many people think of buying a certain title and then pass due to incomplete code.

1 week later
#5159 2 years ago

Looks like tomorrow will finally be the day!

I just can't see it not being tomorrow.

Other it will be a Gary roasting at Expo

#5355 2 years ago

Unbelievable.

For the first time I can now see a scenario in 5 years plus time where there is only one pin manufacturer and it will be JJP, not Stern.

Not a POTC fan but boy that game has innovation, toys, and has the real wow factor.

Stern have got away with stripped down games for too long and usually it is the code that saves them.

Usually

#5357 2 years ago

This must have made Stern wince......

858719992a5c8a21cf387b8c2f3e0abdf6bc2924.png (resized).jpg

#5363 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I genuinely don't think they did, I think Stern/Gary are so ignorantly complacent/over confident in their imaginary 90% market share that I don't believe they even realise isn't true anymore.
Genuinely worried for Stern moving forward, the talent they have under their roof is capable of phenomenal games, but like Gary's comments on widebody gsmes "if one of these guys (pointing at designers) really wanted to push a widebody, well.... just don't, just don't ask".
That shows how complacent Gary is and a complete lack of innovation or trying anything different or new. If JJP could just reduces prices a little more they could wipe Stern out of the home/collectors market, which would ultimately be a shame.

It's how complacency works. Gary has been sole survivor for so many years and with sales still increasing, I guess he can't see the threat JJP now present.

Happens to so many great companies. By the time they see the threat, it becomes too late to react and then they are consigned to history.

Not too late for Stern , but boy, they do need to wake up and smell the coffee, which means a lot of changes going forward.

If they continue to update code in the way that has worked for them in the past, they won't like their future a few more years down the line......

#5437 2 years ago

What is clear from outside looking in, is that Stern need to expand their coding team.

But, maybe management sees the production line running at full capacity and therefore expanding the coding team is just an unnecessary expense?

This kind of thinking works in the short term but there is enough competition now to suggest this is a poor medium to long term strategy.

1 week later
#5873 2 years ago

I am thinking something may happen today.

GOTG release info?

BM66 update?

Another update?

Or nothing....

3 weeks later
#6636 2 years ago

Not got a BM66 yet but Lyman is the sole reason for my interest.

Just lost interest on GOTG as it's just another version of KISS and AS ( which I do like ).

So, Elvira House of Horrors now has my interest mainly because Lyman is doing the code!

#6701 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is TWD all over again for me. After these next two code updates I'll be playing this over and over for the next year!
Lyman is a F ing pinball genius.
Had to pass on SW and GOTG, waiting on next Lyman pin.

Well, GOTG will be another version of AS and KISS, whenever it gets finished.

Elvira House of Horrors could be fantastic ......yes, because Lyman will make it totally unique.

Reckon Elvira will be in cartoon form on the LCD.

I passed on a BM66LE and regret it now as Lyman may be slow but ain't no one else out there like him

#6770 2 years ago

I never thought I would say this, but I would like a BM66 more than DI.

DI shoots nice and smooth but it just feels a bit flat playing. Just not high temp enough. Anyway it's off my list!

1 month later
#8053 1 year ago

New code today according to George G.

3 weeks later
#8655 1 year ago

So, if Kaneda's rumor is true this might be the last Lyman game which will bring even more appreciation for these code updates.

#8657 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

What rumor is that?

That he is retiring. I don't know anything else. Could be complete BS but Stern have just hired 3 new coders.....

And someone posted this last year.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/isnt-it-time-for-2016-predictions-recap-and-2017-predictions#post-3502117

#8659 1 year ago

It's only a rumor.

Anyway new code for AC/DC!

#8729 1 year ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Lyman isn't retiring. Silly rumor that I suspect was started as a way to ferret out leaks in the Stern system.

Hmmmmm, maybe it's like this.

animals-mole-corporate_espionage-corporate_spies-confidential_files-competitors-bfrn434_low (resized).jpg

#8801 1 year ago

Way back in the 1950's when they built games to last Gottlieb games had panel pins in the cabinets to stop them coming apart.

Added these to my AS and KISS.

Stainless-steel-panel-pins1 (resized).png

1 week later
#8942 1 year ago

Lyman saved BM66.

Can you imagine what it would have been like with any other coder?

Exactly.

Lyman is the single reason this game is on my maybe list.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside