934907C4-60E4-4748-B646-59ABA84ABEBA (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_8380 (resized).JPG
20210807_175532 (resized).jpg
IMG_8448 (resized).JPG
IMG_20210602_210416737~2 (resized).jpg
7FE04C33-7A3B-463D-A9F9-14C28D577CA0 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (4 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (4 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (4 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (4 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (4 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (4 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (4 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (4 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (4 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rum-z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1540 4 years ago

Nice work Cooked71. Looks good!

4 months later
#3186 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Neil did George reply at all or simply like your post?

Looks like he simply liked it, I mean.. commenting could be risky as he might go out on a limb and tell everyone there's gonna be code updates every 2 weeks, then regret it.

2 months later
#4621 4 years ago

Great job on the beacon Doc.

1 year later
#12378 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The best playfield protector is the one that’s ripped off and thrown on the ground. Lol

Hahahaha, you made me laugh on that one, as that's exactly what I did with my AC/DC Luci VE protector. Here's a pic of it on my concrete basement floor.

Backstory: I was installing it on my NIB machine, and sawdust that must've been hidden in the seam of the playfield window cut out, and dust from who knows where, kept appearing on the backside as I was reassembling the playfield with the protector in place. I kept carefully lifting and reaching under it to try to remove the particulate. The final straw was when I reached under, and scratched the protector on the bottom side with my hand (I had no ring or watch on), and put a very noticeable scuff in the protector, that you could easily see at all times. Did a finger nail do it? Who knows? I tried to polish it out, but that just left a big cloudy area with a slightly less noticeable scratch. I was pretty enraged at that point, so out came the scissors, and I cut the protector out and threw it on the floor. I never played a ball on it.

Based on the above experience, I don't know how these protectors don't end up a cloudy and scuffed mess with all kinds of particulates and dust on the backside.

20180428_163633 (resized).jpg

1 year later
#15843 1 year ago

I just became a member of the BM66 club a month ago by trading my very nice original TOTAN for a low play (312 plays) BM66 Premium. I haven't played it much to this point as I'm waiting for a set of Cliffies to arrive, and the Covid19 pandemic seems to be delaying USPS delivery by quite a bit. Everything seems to work nicely on the BM66, and I played a few games to make sure everything worked, which it did. The only issue I had to deal with was tweaking the sensitivity of a few targets that had too large of switch gaps. Unfortunately, this included the bat cave target inside the middle of the turntable. Jeez-O-Petes that was a pain to get to, because I had to disassemble almost everything from the top of the turnable. That turntable is an impressively packed piece of equipment. Kudos to Gomez on the design.

As far as trading the TOTAN for BM66, I loved the TOTAN, but I had it for almost a decade. It shot as smooth as butter but it was a real easy player for me. I saw everything it offered long ago, including winning the genie battle 2 times during a few games. I wasn't playing it much at all over the past 2-3 years but liked to keep it around as visitors to my game room loved it. Not playing it much lead to thoughts of selling/trading it, and a local Pinsider posted a BM66 for trade and he was interested in a TOTAN, so the deal was done. I think I'll dig the much deeper rules of BM66 when I get everything buttoned up with the Cliffies installed, and the BM66 theme just hits a nostalgic sweet spot for me as I loved the show when I was a kid watching reruns in the 70's. Adam West will always be my favorite Batman.

Plus, I figure if I end up missing TOTAN, CGC will probably make a remake down the road. I just don't know if I could part with the money for a remake after owning an original for so long and getting real good at it. I might rather spend the money for a newer pin with deeper code that will stay fresher for a longer time in home use.

#15856 1 year ago

Quick question from a new owner: Is it common practice to change the green shooter spring that I believe came stock in my BM66 to a stronger one? It seems really weak.

#15858 1 year ago
Quoted from jorant:

Do these games (either original or catwoman) have any pooling? What are the playfields like on this? If I bought a new one should I be worried? It seems like nobody has complained about this in regards to batman 66.

Yes, they have it. I just ironed out the blisters/pooling on the 6 slingshot posts this morning of my BM66 which was made in April of 2019. I've seen it on Catwoman editions as well.

#15866 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Yes. Stern put really weak springs on the shooter rod. You can barely get the ball around the orbit. Day 1 I changed mine to orange. Heres a handy list courtesy of Pinball Life...

Cool! Thanks Thundergod76.

#15868 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Where can I order a replacement spring...?

I just ordered an orange one from Pinball Life. I also borrowed the orange spring from my Metallica in the meantime and can verify it sends the ball all the way around the loop on the plunge for the super skill shot.

https://www.pinballlife.com/ball-shooter-plunger-inner-spring-orange.html

1 week later
#15890 1 year ago

I'm have at least one ball reject from the right ramp on every game on my BM66 and it's getting old. It appears to me that the rejected balls get airborne at the bottom of the ramp and then hit the leading corner of the clear plastic ramp lid (which the CAT standup with the 2 LEDs mounts to).

It seems as if someone just made a 1/4" to 1/2" longer lid that the ball would slide underneath it instead of hitting the corner and bouncing back at me.

My apologies if this has been covered in the last 3 years. Being a new owner I'm unfamiliar with everything discussed over the last 318 pages.

I lifted the lid by putting a couple of washers underneath it thinking that making it higher would be better, and it did help. I'd just like to eliminate the problem all together. I might throw an extra set of washer under it to make it higher yet in the meantime.

Thank you in advance for any help.

#15893 1 year ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

I’ve never experienced that... is the ramp sitting flush with the play field?

Yes, both ramp flaps are nice and as flush with the playfield as can be. I just set it up and waxed it recently. Maybe it will settle down after more plays. Maybe I should reduce flipper power as well.

#15895 1 year ago

I'm not aware of a flipper power adjustment on BM66. But if you just waxed its probably wicked fast. That could be the issue. What's your pitch at?

The pitch is currently set at 6.5 degrees.

#15897 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Could your ramp be overtightened to the playfield, causing a bumpy transition from the flap to the ramp itself? Not sure if that is possible with the ramp design, but I have seen that on ramps where they screw directly into the playfield from above. Might be something to play with at least. Or on the opposite end of that, could the ramp be loose?

Also, are your blue nubs installed correctly on each side of the ramp? If those are on wrong or tapered the opposite way, maybe they could be creating a bit of a ramp if you hit them on the way to the ramp? Again just a thought. That's a weird one. Mine can be blazing fast, but I've never seen the ball jump, much less reject.

Thanks for those ideas Jediturtle. I'll take a closer look later today.

1 month later
#15998 1 year ago

The money that would have been used on a mirrored backglass was was diverted to the extra man hours required for Stern personnel to individually watch each "I deserve to be allowed to buy an SLE" submission video by grovelling hopeful customers to be.

2 months later
#16267 11 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

The stock Atomic Pile by Stern is awful. A must upgrade.

I need to upgrade my stock "pile" ASAP. Maybe this week.

1 month later
#16332 10 months ago

Question for all you fellow BM66 owners:

In the process of installing the Mod Couple's Atomic Pile, I noticed this o-ring buried in the turntable is almost broken (again). I replaced the stock o-ring in May, when it broke in the same spot. The replacement is a Titan silicone o-ring, which I hoped would last longer, but 6-7 months later, it's almost broken too.

It's no fun to tear the turntable down to this point, so I'm gonna replace it again, but I gotta ask: Do any of you have any recommendations as to how to make this last longer, or why it's breaking here? I'd hate to do this every half a year.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

20201202_174603 (resized).jpg
#16335 10 months ago

Is it possible the O-ring you used is one size too small and stretched too much? I had this issue on my KISS with the slings never lasting. Titan suggested one size larger and haven't had further issues.

It is possible. I looked at the original broken o-ring I removed and it had 1 1/2" on it, so that's what I replaced it with, but it is pulled really tight, especially around the post shown with the tearing. I'll double check the manual in regards to recommended o-ring sizes. I suspect if the manual says 1 1/2", it was the designer's intent to keep this o-ring taught, as the ball rolls against this o-ring on its way out of the turntable assembly after you shoot the "bat cave" shot through the batmobile spinner.

It seems like this particular o-ring really should have been a wireform. I've been thinking about how I could make a wireform that could be added to the turntable in this area without major surgery.

#16360 10 months ago
Quoted from jimmorse:

Does anyone know where I can get the bat wing side rails? Seems like all the sites are sold out.
Thanks,

Try Pinside member Hemiorange09 from Pinball Refinery.

1 month later
#16435 9 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Maybe with a new run....we will get more code...

My fingers are crossed.

#16441 9 months ago

That's insanity.

5 months later
#16757 3 months ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Don't discount Egghead, especially Season 1. My largest cash out was a little over 17 billion on that mode.

Wow, that's mighty impressive. I must look into this.

#16762 3 months ago

Are you sure about that? I was positive that the first one only gave you the minor villain progress and then the subsequent ones gave you a multiplier on whatever was on the main screen.

That's how mine works.

#16764 3 months ago

Interesting. Even the Tilt forum says otherwise. Are you guys running an older version of the code?

I'm sorry, when I wrote "That's how mine works", I meant that I'm agreeing with you. Apologies for not being clear. First Tut saves minor villain progress, and all subsequent Tuts add +1X channel multipliers (starting at 2X as you noted). That makes it very lucrative for me to keep stacking Tuts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rum-z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside