IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider retrogamerjp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5577 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Can Stern just communicate with us and stop all this other crap. Really, it took them a bit to acknowledge SW 0.92 code on the premium is killing the motor.

FYI - Stern has not directly confirmed anything about .92 killing the the motor ... that post in Star Wars problems thread was not from Stern but rather a blast email from a re-seller to their Star Wars customers. .91 and .92 code both seem to be exploiting something in certain machines that is killing the node board that controls the motor BUT Stern has not stepped up and officially stated the cause.

#5583 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I emailed them yesterday asking if I should play my SZLE or wait for the updated code and was advised not to play it until they sort out the problem.

solid advice - hopefully we will see a fix soon.

1 week later
#5826 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Super quiet here. I guess everyone is holding their breath hoping for a code drop this week.
Lots of people complaining about length of code development time and insisting Lyman is being put on other projects. So from a historical perspective, I wanted to see what the time frame was from the initial code release to last release for the most recent Lyman coded Stern games.
I looked at: Batman Dark Knight, Tron, ACDC, Metallica, and Walking Dead. Here's what I learned looking at the readme files from his previous games.
BDK: 647 days
Tron: 630 days
ACDC: 854 days
Metallica: 1146 days
Walking Dead: 435 days
Batman66: 314 and counting
Average duration is 742 days or about 2 years.
From a code quality perspective Lyman games are prety much universally acclaimed but he is not know for quick development time as shown by the numbers above.
His quickest game was Walking Dead at about 1 year and 2.5 months. Metallic was longest at about 3 years.Plus keep in mind that some of those games had feature complete code before the last release.
Some have been complaining about length of time since the last BM66 code drop (153 days so far). If we look at other games it can be even longer.
Longest stretch between code drops:
BDK: 402 days
Tron: 458 days
ACDC: 384 days
Met: 423 days
Walking Dead: 178
Batman: 153 days so far
Metallica was the worst as it had several long stretches between releases:
Vers 1.22 to 1.50 - 205 days
Vers 1.63 to 1.64 - 233 days
Vers 1.64 to 1.70 - 423 days
So based on this data, the length of time on the Batman66 code isn't out of line with development time on Lyman's previous games Plus factor in that the added video assests for a Spike2 game will make it a little more complicated than the older DMD games.
Lets hope Batman66 ends up being on the shorter end of the spectrum like Walking Dead.

Thank you for taking the time out to do this ... very interesting to see.

#5889 6 years ago

I've had my hopes up ever since the week of expo but I'm prepared to be disappointed. again.

1 month later
#7492 6 years ago

beautiful indeed. ENJOY!

1 week later
#7673 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a BM66 premium next month. Is there anything i should get right away to tap the potential of this game. Been reading the group for a little bit great community

not necessarily BM66 specific I prefer to put play-field protectors on all my machines before I play the first ball... the trick is to have the protector there before the machine arrives so you are not tempted to play it before hand. You'll never know it's there but it will keep you premium play-field looking brand new.

#7730 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Is the capacitor kit useful if I don't have a shaker motor on my pin??I understand this is also necessary on GB as well!!!

Yes, the need for the capacitor update as well as the node board stabilization update is not solely for those with shaker motors. it is recommended for all.

#7733 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

One last question when I unzip the .84 code file it shows 3 separate files do I drag all 3 onto the memory stick to update game code?

yes. make sure USB is formatted FAT32 and there are no other files on it.

#7754 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

.85 code up this evening about 20 minutes ago.

awesome thanks for the heads up!

3 weeks later
#8361 6 years ago

Code .87 is available!

V0.87.0 - Jan. 30, 2018
=======================

- Fixed an issue where the minor villain modes that had been completed
could not be played again after all had been played.
- Fixed an issue where the BOOKWORM mode would be stuck on the last shot
and would not end sometimes.
- Added "BATUSI" multiball mode for completing one TV mode from SEASON 1,
one TV mode from SEASON 2, and one TV mode from SEASON 3.
- Implemented "MINOR VILLAIN AWARDS PERSIST UNTIL END OF GAME" for
completing the BOOKWORM mode.
- Implemented "ALLOW REPLAY FAILED MODES" and "ALLOW REPLAY ANY MODES"
for completing the MAD HATTER modes.
- Frozen timers for completing the MR. FREEZE mode were lasting until
the end of the game (always). This has been corrected.
- Misc. tweaks and volume adjustments to sounds and music.
- The MULTIBALL award from MYSTERY is not allowed when VILLAIN ESCAPE or
BATUSI modes are ready to start.
- Sequenced BATUSI with VILLAIN ESCAPE so they can both run at the same
time.
- Added a mode for KING TUT (Episode #117).
- Fixed a problem where if the adjustment "SHOT MULT. CARRY BALL/BALL"
was set, the shots would not be initialized correctly and shooting a
shot would often result in a 0 (zero) score.

4 weeks later
#8973 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok last health update on me here on this my favorite Pinside thread. After a successful “craniotomy” last Thursday (tumor removed) I got the call that I had been stressing about since my diagnosis.. my pathology report, It turns out my tumor which was the size of a lemon was a benign grade 1 tumor (not cancer) which was the best possible news I could have received. I was able to sit down with my Daughter and tell her that her dad didn’t have cancer which was a pretty special moment. I can’t begin to say how lucky I feel and considering that 1 week ago I was in ICU recovering from brain surgery and today I am resting at home. I am still struggling with my speech a bit as it can be difficult for me sometimes to put my thoughts into words and I am dealing with some serious headaches but all things considered I feel very very lucky!!
Fun fact I got off of my anti seizure meds 2 days ago and finally me and my Bat Dog (Noah) went and played my BM66 and I beat my all time high score! The thing is that I have never been a great pinball player and have always struggled with making consistent shots, it seems that this tumor was pushing on an area that affected my motor function because I am hitting shots and playing better and more consistently than I ever have!
On a side note I am probably going to have to think about a different hairstyle.

Best news ever. So happy for you and your family bro.

2 weeks later
#9163 6 years ago

Do you know what time?

#9166 6 years ago

Many thanks my friend.

2 weeks later
#9437 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thanks for the reply. Mine looks like bubbles in the plastic if you zoom in.

Mine is EXACT same way. looks like a bunch of tiny bubbles in most of the inserts. i have had no other issues with the play filed over the last year and it does not seem to have gotten any worse.

I also have them a bit in my Ghost Busters but Guardians and Star Wars are Crystal clear.

#9515 6 years ago

Looks like new code is up.

Edit: Or maybe not... there is an entry just added today but the code version is still .88 ... maybe they are updating the site right now.

#9518 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeWellSpent:

From February 22nd?

see my updated post.

#9524 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not sure what April 12th means, but the code on the site now is the same size as the code on 2/22.

If you go here: http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code

Stern always bumps the latest code up to the top. Until today it was Aerosmith at the top with the latest update being 4/4 ... now Batman66 has moved from 2/22 up to the top showing today's date so I suspect it will update soon with new code version for download.

#9528 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It could be an error/screw up as a result of them adding a broken link to Iron Maiden code to the pages code list, as that wasn’t there prior to today.

Still hoping for a nice surprise but you are probably right.

#9546 6 years ago

V0.90.0 - Apr. 12, 2018
=======================

- Added additional modes for Catwoman ("Catwoman's Dressed To Kill"),
Joker ("Surf's Up! Joker's Under!"), Penguin ("Enter Batgirl, Exit
Penguin"), and Riddler ("Ring Around The Riddler").
These can be accessed by:
1) Holding in the right flipper button when the ball is in the shooter
lane with no major villain mode running, pressing the left flipper
button will change the mode that starts next. Repeatedly pressing
the right flipper button cycles through the major villains.
2) Playing through the major villain modes normally. The next mode
to start will be the one that hasn't been played already.
- Added new High Score tables for the new major villain modes.
- The Penguin VUK will now kick a few extra times (consecutively) before
it is flagged with "OPERATOR ALERT".
- Fixed an issue where some player scores for certain villain champions
would not be considered properly for High Score To Date.
- Super Skill Shot is now stopped by the Top Lanes and the Top Eject.
- Improved throughput of node communication for better lamp performance.
- Fixed pricing text alignment in previous games scores screen in attract
mode.
- Added completion (jailed) effects for the minor villains.
- Added logic to be able to start the game using the lockdown button.

2 months later
#10333 5 years ago

Does this clip bother anyone else as much as it does me? ... it the only clip that is pillar boxed (black bars on left/right) or at least the only that I have seen. Being in the video / post production industry its like nails on a chalkboard every time I see it.

Typically this is cause by incorrectly processing the aspect ratio of the source clip. A simple fix that I mistakenly assumed that would have been on Stern's to-do list from the get go. After a year+ of owning the machine a considerable amount of updates I'm guessing they are unaware or uninterested in remedying.

IMG_1831 (resized).jpgIMG_1831 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#11741 5 years ago

It was a great feed with Lyman taking notes the whole time which is a good indication of continued code updates. Maybe not the at the pace we have been used to but doesn't sound like he done by any means.

#11757 5 years ago

Hey guys, need some guidance on on issue I am having with a new BM66 (fresh out of the box as of this AM) ...

About every other ball, the auto plunger will send the ball airborne and it actually will hit the right wire ramp vs passing underneath. I've never had this issue with any of my pins so was looking for some advice as to what to adjust. Looking at everything from up top, nothing in noticeably our of wack.

1 month later
#12169 5 years ago

I was dealing with the crane / opto flag issues as well... mine would be centered of the inserts when moving out to the left but on the way back they were misaligned. no amount of adjustment on the bracket or through the menu delay settings could dial it in.

I ended up using a small strip of aluminum duct HVAC tape and widening the opto flag by a couple of mm on each side. works perfectly now. at first I was not thrilled about having to do this on a brand new machine but it works. I may fabricate something more permanent down the road but at least its not driving me crazy while i play.

4 months later
#13316 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

What are the must have mods? I already ordered the atomic pile and bat cave spinner mods from the mod couple.

I think the metal bat symbol from Chrome Candy is an absolute for this pin. far superior to the vinyl decal that stern uses or any of the 3D printed option that are out there.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1029-chrome-candy/01719-batman-emblem

2 weeks later
#13440 4 years ago

Catwoman in the house...
IMG_3271 (resized).jpgIMG_3271 (resized).jpgIMG_3272 (resized).jpgIMG_3272 (resized).jpgIMG_3273 (resized).jpgIMG_3273 (resized).jpg

IMG_3275 (resized).jpgIMG_3275 (resized).jpg
#13445 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

It's a little disappointing that the cards they gave to Julie to sign weren't pre-sorted to be the ones with catwoman on them. Seems like an obvious thing to do but I guess they decided it wasn't worth the effort.

completely agree - I had assumed it would be a catwoman card but I'm not too worried about it, I'm happy with what I have.

could always get this: ebay.com link: 1966 Topps Batman card 27 Catwoman Signed by JULIE NEWMAR PSA DNA

#13447 4 years ago

For any Catwoman owners, I am making a custom badge for mine and will likely have a few extras made... these will be reverse printed on lexan and laser cut to match the original one. easy swap.

Still playing around with the layout... artwork has all been re-created @ high-re but here is a low-res preview of what I've put together so far.
badge_v2 (resized).jpgbadge_v2 (resized).jpg

#13472 4 years ago

I'm still waiting on the proof of the final plastic version but I went ahead and did a test print as just a vinyl decal to make sure I have size correct etc. I think it turned out well and honestly the decal would probably be just fine but it does lack that shine a plastic one will give. For those that reached out, I will circle back once I see the first one off.
IMG_3287 (resized).jpgIMG_3287 (resized).jpg

IMG_3280 (resized).jpgIMG_3280 (resized).jpg
#13489 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

It's gonna be weird for the second run purchasers of the cat woman signature edition that don't come with signatures.

I had thought about that so I figured I’d create a CATWOMAN Premium Edition version as well.

#13491 4 years ago

I'm not usually one for putting a lot figures on the playfield but I thought the Hallmark one would be a nice touch to round out the Catwoman motif. I shaped a piece of 16awg multi purpose wire and fit it to a small hole I drilled in her caboose (of course this is also when my wife decides to walk in and see what I'm up to) ... covered wire with heat shrink and secured to the post in the pop-bumper plastic. I know this has been done before so thank you for the idea.
IMG_3303 (resized).jpgIMG_3303 (resized).jpgIMG_3302 (resized).jpgIMG_3302 (resized).jpg

#13518 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'm confused by this pic. My Batman and my Ghostbusters, for that matter, had the entire inside of the cab sprayed black. You seem to have no paint on your bottom panel. Guess Stern is using multiple cab mfgrs.

all of my NIB sterns have been painted black on the inside (even my previous BM66) but my Catwoman edition is the first I've seen with the raw wood bottom on the inside.

#13555 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Interesting, so I am curios what was the reason for have them cut from quite a few games. And suddenly put them back in.

Sounds logical, there is just one issue with Spike interlock, if the door is opened it will cut the entire power to the playfield. You cant even test switches, since all node board are off.

So my catwoman that was built two weeks ago does NOT have interlock.

#13577 4 years ago

Custom Catwoman badges came in today. They turned out great and perfect fit. I had sent my art files over to Joe @ Szabos Arcades wo did the printing and laser cutting, he always comes through for me anytime I have one of these custom projects. He does some really amazing things in the video game restoration side if you get a chance to check out his site. (https://www.szabosarcades.com/)

First batch of 10 went super fast so we have another in the works now. PM me if you would like one. $25 shipped (CONUS) which covers my cost. not looking to get rich on these, just want to help out some fellow BM66/Catwoman owners.
IMG_3266 (resized).JPEGIMG_3266 (resized).JPEGIMG_3267 (resized).JPEGIMG_3267 (resized).JPEGIMG_3345 (resized).jpgIMG_3345 (resized).jpg
IMG_3348 (resized).jpgIMG_3348 (resized).jpgIMG_3349 (resized).jpgIMG_3349 (resized).jpg

#13579 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

All set up![quoted image]

Nice!

#13581 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I’m still interested. I think I was the second to respond to your post.

i dont see a PM from you but no worries, i got on for you. send me a PM

#13599 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

So new owner....what the must haves for this game? Cliifys, protectors....etc

Check out chrome candy metal bat emblem for the bat gadget button. Such a nice upgrade from the vinyl decal

#13630 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I just found out I'm not getting my Catwoman until Thursday.
It was supposed to be tomorrow. I took off work and everything.

This happened to me with my Catwoman as well ... i stayed home that day only to get a call from the freight company telling me the driver was in a wreck and they would have to re-deliver the following Monday (not a wreck in the truck but on his way to work. Driver was not hurt.)... I went and got the company truck and picked it up myself because I am impatient as hell.

#13661 4 years ago

Question for people that have the Chrome Candy Bat Emblem......Did you just yank off the factory sticker? The description says "Mostly covers the original sticker", which doesn't sound like it offers the best look.

I pulled off my original sticker as I didn't want to see any of the original sticker protruding from underneath. Although as I recall, it was very minimal so may not bother everyone. The Chrome Candy emblem is so good there is NEVER a reason (for me) to go back.

#13662 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

When you guys installed it did you adjust your switch to account for the extra height or did you add something on the bottom of the button actuator to extend it a little?

I have installed (3) of these now and never had to do any adjustments for the bat-gadget button or switch. If anything were needed it would likely just be a small adjustment to leaf switch but again, I never encounter a need to do so.

#13666 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Did you guys just use double sided tape for the chrome candy bat signal?

No need. The button holds it tightly in place.

#13744 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

So seriously? It looks like the entire right catwoman ramp has to come out to install a 3/4” rubber ring?
Also, I’d love insight as to how I can gain freedom of rotation on the spinning playfield so I can change all of the rubbers on there.

In the service menu you can advance to each of the stops on the turret. I don't think there is a way to disengage it to spin freely.

#13749 4 years ago

Not bad for owning it less than 24 hours.
[quoted image]

Not bad at all ... man, i need to start playing more. I haven't gotten anywhere near that.

#13789 4 years ago

Do you notice a playability difference with the protector? I guess I could install one to mitigate the damage.

I have not seen any difference other than the ball plays smooth all the time without having to wax or clean the play-field. I have installed one on every pin I've owned.

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/28/Sales-Promotion

#13850 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How long does it typically take for you to get your pin. It’s going on 3 weeks and I have no update. This is my first NiB and it feels like an eternity

Depends on if your distributor had in stock or if they are waiting on Stern to build it / ship it. I ordered my Catwoman on day one and it was just under 3 weeks total for stern to build it, Gameroom guys to retrieve it and the ship to me in ATL. My original BM66 machine they had in stock and it was to my door in 3 days.

I would call your distributor, they should be able to contact Stern and get a better idea of schedule.

#13852 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I called them and they are trying to get an eta. They didn’t have a Catwoman. My distributor said he ordered 40 for the last call so I’m sure their swamped with orders

ah, well hang in there. I know its sucks waiting.

#13854 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

i want those last call blades....

me too - i told my distributor to get order me a set as soon as they are available but they have not officially gone on sale.

#13861 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Stern replied to my inquiry.... about a week...

Awesome. Thanks!!

#13872 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

My wife and I just got our first NIB pin...we are very excited!!![quoted image]Congratulations, welcome to the club and ENJOY!

#13886 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Is the catwoman signature edition limited? Can you mod a different version to it?

It's just cosmetic changes so in theory one could be made, BUT i dont think you would be able to get the parts from Stern. You would need:

1. Back Box side decals
2. Collectible card singed by Julie Newmar
3. Catwoman Translight

#13892 4 years ago

For any current or future Catwoman owners, I have one badge left from the last batch ($25)... PM me if interested.

IMG_3350 (resized).jpgIMG_3350 (resized).jpg
#13898 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Its very nice! I updated the screws to black phosphate ones from Ace[quoted image]

very nice. i think i will update my screws as well

#13921 4 years ago
Quoted from calsheimer:

joining the club! just put $$ in for a catwoman edition.
what are everyone's favorite mods?

ChromeCandy Metal Bat-Symbol for lock down bar...

#13928 4 years ago

I wasn't happy with the Julie Newmar card that came with my Catwoman (since it didn't actually have Catwoman on it)... so I 'lifted' her signature from my original card and made a few stand-ins that I can alternate... I will keep the original in a protective cover in the coin box (for the next owner) but nothing wrong with having something that looks more appropriate in the meantime.
IMG_3477 (resized).jpgIMG_3477 (resized).jpg

#13930 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I like what you’ve done. Please explain the way you lifted the signature as I’m going to do it as well.

It’s all Photoshop, I bought the alternate cards on eBay and then scanned them along with my original signed card. Isolated the signature from my original card to then be able to place wherever I wanted on the new ones. Color corrected everything for print and then output on heavy card stock. Under the plexi protector in the game they are quite convincing.

The other thing I was thinking of trying is printing the appropriately positioned signature on clear film and then cutting it to the same size as its associated card. That way I can have the original card in there with signature overlay. Under the game plexi I doubt you would be able to tell. However, what I currently have looks great so I think i can put the paintbrush down for now.

#13938 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I found the missing screw in the bottom of the cab.
I reinstalled it, but it is basically stripped. It is in there, and “mildly” snug, but its going to fall out again,
In my opinion.

One thing you can do is stick a wooden toothpick in the hole and then reinstall the screw / break off the extra toothpick protruding. This little trick has helped me out numerous times in the arcade restoration world. I know it's not ideally what you want to be doing on a 7K+ machine but it should allow you to properly snug the screw and keep if from coming out any more.

#13967 4 years ago

Question: Does everyones Ball Lock Diverter Flap hit the back metal rail when it's open? It does this on my Catwoman and since it's metal on metal its rather noisy. I dont recall this grabbing my attention on my previous BM66 machine but who knows. You can see a vertical, shiny / polished line on the back rail from where it makes contact. I don't think it's really going to harm anything but just curious if this is how they all are.

#13969 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Yes my early run Premium does the exact same thing.

Thanks for the quick reply / confirmation!

#14008 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I want some advice on how to proceed, (or if I should even be doing so...maybe my expectations are too high?).....
The small trench in my play field from the upper gate having a manufacturer flaw is a deal-breaker for me. I can't get past it. The screw fell out on the bottom of the swinging gate and it fell onto the play field and went back and forth many many times....and the wood is stripped, so I got the screw back in there, but its a mickey mouse job.
The right joker target doesn't work. It is "in service" but doesn't work even to the touch with the glass off.
Previously I overlooked the little chunk out of my play field (because the cliffy pretty much covers it, penguin scoop), Chas Siddiqui sent a clear coat repair kit.
The computer doesn't register, though it will if I push it hard. Working on that small spinning play field is virtually impossible. Normally I'd think I could adjust something like this, but I cannot unless I remove that spinning play field?
The super skill shot doesn't work any longer.
If I plunge the ball with the shooter rod, the electric launch kicks 1-2 seconds later like it thinks a ball is there.
Am I supposed to ignore all of this? The machine has been in my house for a few weeks.
If my expectations are too high, I will accept that coming from guys on here.

You have put up with far more than I would have my friend. You are well within your rights to have your distributor get with Stern and remedy most if not all these issues. Perhaps they will send you and entirely new, populated play field that should solve all your issues in one fail swoop... or at the very least, they should be able to resolve all the mechanical/electrical issues you agree having. The cosmetic issues might be a tougher fight but I would ask that it all be addressed. In either case, the machine is under warranty for a full year. Be firm about your expectations but polite in you plea for help.

#14010 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

thanks. I emailed my distributor for the first time today about all of the problems. Chas Siddiqui is basically ignoring me. When I present 4 or 5 problems, I get a response that doesn't even properly address one of them. Ignoring the rest.
A new play field sounds like more work than its worth, unless its a blank and I can keep both and do the swap at my convenience.
I just want my freaking problems addressed in a timely manner. I am not currently getting that. Maybe the distributor can help.
thanks for the advice.

In the past for some cases, Stern has sent new, fully populated play-fields, meaning all of the parts are already there and connected. All you have to do is unplug the main harness on your current and switch with the new. Hopefully eliminating both your cosmetic and electrical issues. That is what I would push for.

1 week later
#14044 4 years ago

Just came here to read / discuss anything other than Star Wars home pin...

#14050 4 years ago

Congratulations - ENJOY!

#14057 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Getting ready to officially join the club. My BM66 is enroute. I also purchased a playfield protector separately. Anyone with experience installing or can point me to someone who has? Or, maybe I don't install until later? What's your advice?
Thanks in advance, Stan.

Welcome to the club! Batman 66 playfield protector is one of the simpler playfields to do but if you have any specific questions let us know...

My suggestion would be to put it on right away and preserve your brand new playfield. Nothing wrong if you want to play a game or two to make sure everything is in working order before you start taking things apart but point being that every ball played produces some sort of wear on you playfield so the sooner the better.

Some suggestions:

1. Wear some powder-less latex or nitrile gloves for the install. This helps to not cloudy up all your plastics and parts with finger prints but also prevents you from getting any prints on the underside of the playfild protector once you peel off the protective layer.

2. Make sure you take the balls out of the machine. The install will have you raising the playfield up and down more than once and you don't want the balls crashing down when you lift it up. (most people only make this mistake once) ... I also like to drape a towel over the top of the backbox so that the playfield doesn't mar up the top of the backbox trim when lifted.

3. Take your time and go section by section with disassembly. I use sandwich bags and label them to hold the various screws in and posts etc from each section. For example "Left Sling Shot" or "Right Ramp" ... it also helps to take photos of these areas before you start disassembling. Often time when people first start it all seems straight forward and easy to remember but once you get to the point of re-assembly you can sometimes start question where a certain washer or post went. I would do this with the flippers as well... before you remove them, pay attention to their position and orientation to the small hole in the playfield at the tip of each flipper bat. This will help you put them back to their original location. Same for the underside when you disconnect things. the few harnesses you have to disconnect have unique connectors so you shouldn't have any issue in reconnecting but if you want save yourself from second guessing it never hurts to snap a few photos as you are pulling things apart.

4. Penguin Crane --- this is really the only thing that can ruin you day with this install. I personally have never taken the crane out to install a protector. You can use the service menu to move the crane out from its resting place so that you can maneuver the crane through its associated hole in the protector. HOWEVER, before you even get close to this step, take a minute to feel the bottom of the wrecking ball on the crane with your finger. You will see that the wrecking ball can actually slide up a bit and whats hiding underneath is the end of the cable assembly which is sharp like a nail head. this will scratch the hell out of the protector during install if not properly dealt with. I'm sure others have their own way of dealing with this but what i do is take a small strip of thin, dense plastic and put it under the crane ball and then use painters tape that you wrap upwards around the crane itself to pull this piece of material snugly up again the sharp cable end. I usually do a couple passes of tape to make sure it doesn't pop loose while installing. What I used was actually a small strip of plastic i cut from an old damaged playfield proctor but really you are just looking for the thinnest piece of material that the sharp edge wont penetrate. Im sure there are more ways to deal with this issue and perhaps other members may have a simpler suggestion but I just wanted you to be aware so you don't find out the hard way.

5. If you have an air compressor it is handy have to blow away any debris from the stripped down playfield before you lay the protector in there. I usually clean the playfield with a good streak free window cleaner and microfiber. There can be fingerprints and smudges on the playfield from the factory or even oil trails from the balls themselves. You don't want any of that staring at you from underneath the protector after you have put everything back together. Whatever you use to clean it, just make sure it is fully dry and no moisture is present when you finally set the protector in.

6. Laying in the protector... once you have everything removed that's in the way of dropping the protector in, peel off the underside protective layer but leave the top layer on all until you have everything in place. Once you have confirmed that the protector is laying flat and in its final place you can peel off the top film.

7. Once you have everything back together and you are ready to drop the balls in, I like to clean them off to make sure they don't leave any unnecessary oil trails on the fresh playfield.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head... it may sound intimidating but it's really not that bad and (in my opinion) well worth the effort. They are not for everyone but I like the fact that i can play as many games as I want and underneath is still a brand new playfield.

Enjoy!

#14058 4 years ago

... if you get stuck on anything shoot me a PM

#14061 4 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Very informative post and I definitely agree with you about the crane. I found out the hard way but what I've been doing with the wrecking ball is getting some strong Gorilla Tape and taping it to the crane arm itself. It's on a spring so it easily bends backwards and it's out the way.
Ive also dismantled it but that's a bit extreme just to fit the protector.

That does sound like a more elegant solution... I don't think I eve bothers to see how far back it would bend.

#14067 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

So the Atomic pile turntable does need to be removed..?

I've never owned the atomic pile mod but from the looks of it, I do not think it would interfere with a playfield protector install.

#14069 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I have not addded the mod "yet".. I meant the original turn table etc

Ah, gotcha... no, no need to do anything to the turntable.

#14074 4 years ago

I think in most instances a full playfield protector renders cliffy's unnecessary. You definitely don't want to lay over the top of any. I have playfield protectors on all my machines and the only cliffy that I still have in place is on my TRON (the scoop under the mini tron cabinet) but it is installed OVER the playfield protector and not the other way around. The only reason I reinstalled it was because there was already some minor cosmetic damage to that area before the cliffy was installed and putting it back helped hide that where the clear playfield protector alone would not.

#14076 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Looking at it looks like the "outer" chute protectors would have to come out... the rear inner chute protector and the shooter lane and ball eject ones would be fine....??

here is a link to the protector I have, might help to see what areas it does and does not cover...

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/d0FenT3A9kWPyOqX7bJ0SA?catgoryid=22&name=Batman%2066%20(Premium)%20%7C%202016%20%7C%20Playfield%20Protector

#14084 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’ll have to go buy some

If you just got your machine then it's definitely a warranty item and Stern will send you the correct screws you need. If you send your pictures and serial number to your distributor, they will be able to open a ticket for you.

#14092 4 years ago
Quoted from GWalton:

I'm in. Just arrived last night.[quoted image]

welcome to the club ... looks like lots of love for the Catwoman edition...

#14124 4 years ago
Quoted from AncasterStan:

I'm the latest to join the Club! Woohoo! Having a great time playing this addictive pin... one thing I did was to utilize my LEGO Batman Classic Batcave vehicles to decorate the top of the game...
Question - has anyone had washers fly out of their Batman 66 Catwoman pin on to the playfield? I've had two of them now and I can't figure out where they came from?

first washer (and screw) i have had come off on two separate BM66 machines was the screws on top of the bat cave spinner.

#14141 4 years ago

Very nice. Did you order right from stern site or through your distributor?

#14160 4 years ago

I had a few more requests so I made another batch of Catwoman Badges if anyone else is interested.
IMG_3638 (resized).jpgIMG_3638 (resized).jpg

#14191 4 years ago

I have an extra set of the new Crime Fighter Art Blades from Stern if anyone is interested... https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/82760

#14192 4 years ago
Quoted from calsheimer:

Has anyone else had issues installing the crane upgrade from mezel? I can't seem to get mine to insert flush/level with the underside of the existing crane. There's a small zip tie holding the wires in place that seems to get in the way. Not sure if I need to remove that?

I had the exact same issue... first time I popped it in it was off center and tilted to the left... bugged the heck out of me. I pulled it out, removed original 3M tape and used the 3M black double sided tape (stronger) ... I also cut the wire tires off entirely which allowed me to tuck the wires up and over the crane mod.

#14220 4 years ago
Quoted from JLay:

-The piece of pipe / wire routing that is under the playfield is just dangling and not attached to anything (zip ties are just hangin out). Any details on where that should be attached under the playfield? Can't seem to find any detailed image...

My "Bat-Tube" was also loose and dangling upon delivery but I was able to put it back on the metal brackets and slide the original zip ties back in place. Here is what it should look like.
IMG_3451 (resized).jpgIMG_3451 (resized).jpg

#14222 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ha, they’ve started labeling that cable tube. That’s cool.

yeah, my previous BM66 did not have... honestly the decal doesn't stick very well to the smooth PVC but a cool little bonus detail that they definitely did not have to add.

#14257 4 years ago

off topic, but anyone interested in the Stern Translight LED Displays? (the ones for modern translite size like BM66) .. I have two brand new that I was going to display but decided not to hang up. They are usually $99 each but was thinking $75 each for display (free shipping) AND if you want a new BM66 translite to go in one, I have and extra I can sell for good price.

#14267 4 years ago

My new "Shooter Rod" came in...
IMG_3838 (resized).JPGIMG_3838 (resized).JPG

Seriously though... who thought this was a good idea?

#14307 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Yes, with a Playfield protector, I don't need cliffy. I wasn't referring to the edge of the drop hole. I was referring to the back of the metal where a ball strikes as it goes down the hole. Metal ball hitting metal plate puts a nice ding on the metal.

I made a set of graphics for mine to help hide this very issue. I’ll post a pic in a few...

#14308 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I made a set of graphics for mine to help hide this very issue. I’ll post a pic in a few...

So here is the set I made... its a decal for the Left, Right and Back side of the scoop. vinyl printed decal with poly-carbonate overlay just like graphics on the apron. I actually added a purple scoop illumination to my machine and having that area lit up really highlighted the wear from the ball. I had to come up with something to cover it so it wasn't staring me in the face while I play.
BM66_Crane (resized).jpgBM66_Crane (resized).jpgPenguinCrane_2.0 (resized).jpgPenguinCrane_2.0 (resized).jpg

#14310 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Are you sure it was moisture? Sometimes it just looks like moisture but it might just be an optical illusion that can occur when two perfectly flat surfaces are in contact. Next time you see it try taking a small piece of tissue and wipe that area under the protector. If there was moisture there you should see it in the tissue after you wipe. If not it might just be this optical effect.

↑ This ↑

#14313 4 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

So just curious; where does one obtain that ploycarbonate overlay material?

It’s a pretty common material in the vinyl sign world. My sign shop guy who prints all my art always has it. I’m sure 3M and Avery offer it but I’ve never personally bought any.

#14317 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’d buy some too depending on price

I'm sure I can get them down to $10 shipped if you all are interested... could get them made during this week and ship by next if not sooner.

#14321 4 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I am in as well!!

Sure thing!

Anyone who would like, just send me a pm and I’ll get you my PayPal info.

I’ll get a new batch printed this week.

#14328 4 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I’m in too... are you able to ship to Canada please? Thank you.

Sure - just send me a PM (if you haven't already)

#14342 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

So here is the set I made... its a decal for the Left, Right and Back side of the scoop. vinyl printed decal with poly-carbonate overlay just like graphics on the apron. I actually added a purple scoop illumination to my machine and having that area lit up really highlighted the wear from the ball. I had to come up with something to cover it so it wasn't staring me in the face while I play.
[quoted image][quoted image]

For those that wanted a decal, they are all shipping out tomorrow. I only did a batch of 30 and they are all spoken for. May do another batch in the future if needed.

1 month later
#14553 4 years ago

I’m sure she will look great. Should be same scale as the other hallmark figures which fit nicely. I added the Hallmark Catwoman to mine a while ago...

#14570 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I might be behind with this one but sad to read Chris Franchi has ended his relationship with Stern.

I hadn't heard this... what was the deal?

1 week later
#14620 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I'm starting to get rejects from the bat signal hole, always with a clean, fast shot to the left orbit. It actually works better if it's slowed a bit, by hugging the rail or not perfectly hit clean.

I had this problem on my first BM66 ... a little foam pad stuck to the back of the scoop solved this. I think I used a small square piece of self adhesive weather stripping from Home Depot. Interestingly enough my Catwoman does not have this issue but I know it is common.

1 week later
#14696 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I have the catwoman edition. 100% grab by the magnet. I also have some sticker mod laid down.

Same here - no issues at all on my catwoman and I even have the sewer decal and a play-field protector in place.

2 weeks later
#14824 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I love the option to hold left flipper and start to kill a running game. It gets used every time there are kiddos in our game room. My three stern games all have this feature at the moment. Its really nice.

Is this by default with latest code or do you have the enable it in a settings menu?

1 month later
#15267 4 years ago

Anyone interested in a Flipper Fidelity Animated Back Box LED Panel for their CATWOMAN edition? I have a brand new one for $100 shipped (normally $140 + Shipping)

Comes with new, original, mounting hardware / wiring harness / instructions (it's 100% plug and play and non-destructive install) Also has remote so you can change speed and brightness.

Here are a couple of vids of the panel in action:

IMG_6339 (resized).jpgIMG_6339 (resized).jpg
#15275 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

What s the difference between Stern , Rock Custom and FF interactive back-light??
https://mezelmods.com/collections/batman-66-pinball/products/batman-66-pinball-interactive-backbox-light-kit?variant=36041480264
They are all about the same price.
Thanks for the help.

I cant really speak to the other brands as Flipper Fidelity is all I have ever used. I don't recall how I got turned onto them in the past but quality and customer service is excellent so I never had a reason to look elsewhere.

4 months later
#15820 3 years ago

Hey guys ... I just setup a NIB Catwoman and was doing the switch test for the turntable ... it doesn't seem to want to go to switch position 63 which is the far right of the sequence in turntable diagnostics. it just ignores the button input when you get to that point. It goes up and down through the other three switche positions without issue.

I should note, it doesn't list any errors, i just wanted to test that everything rotated properly after unboxing... perhaps its not supposed to move to or light up position 63? Any chance one of you fine gents could try the test on your machine and report back?

#15822 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Is it making a noise when you push button to try to get 63 to register?
Check under playfield look at bat tube and belt/wires to make sure nothing is wining round the turn table to stop it moving

Thanks, it’s not making any noise during that time, it doesn’t even attempt to go to that position. Nothing appears to be tangled on the underside...

2 weeks later
#15839 3 years ago

whoa... no posts in this thread for 8 days? It's like a ghost town in here... Have a good weekend everyone. Play some Pinball!

2 months later
#16061 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Love my BM66 CWLE
[quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful looking pin my friend, I like the custom Catwoman Badge the best

1 month later
#16200 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Hey all,
I’m working on a project and need a few good, quick pics from someone who has a cat woman version of Batman 66. It will only take a few minutes and your help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I have a Catwoman and can take any pics you need this evening if it helps.

#16223 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Stern standard blades:
[quoted image]
Stern Limited Edition blades:
[quoted image]
I doubt you will still find the limited blades for sale, but I hope you can. They are beautiful!

Pinball Pro lists them as in stock... to me, they are by far the best of all the oferings.

https://pinballpro.net/shop/limited-batman-crime-fighter-art-blades-from-stern/

#16226 3 years ago

It sucks that I have to post this again, but.....
[quoted image]

damn...

3 weeks later
#16274 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Joined the club yesterday. BM66 isn’t a game I was fond of when it was released, or even recently, but my girlfriend is a Batman 66 fanatic and I had to get the game for her when she played it on location.
The game is growing on me currently, but it still seems a bit too chaotic in how you can seemingly stack everything together, I’m not sure what’s going on most of the time.
Mine has a early 2018 build and was practically untouched by the previous owner with less than 150 plays running .88 code. Any adjustments or things I should check for in the game?
[quoted image]

Get you a proper Bat Emblem for the lockdown bar (if it doesn't already have it) Chrome Candy emblem is my favorite BM66 mod and quality is top notch.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1029-chrome-candy/01719-bat-emblem-plain

1 month later
#16388 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Hello, all! Just got our (June 2019 build, NIB) BM66 Catwoman edition yesterday, and we’re loving it! That said, I’ve noticed that the Penguin crane doesn’t like to align with the inserts as it travels on its path, particularly going back to the right once it’s reached the farthest left insert (it starts overshooting the inserts by maybe 1/3 - 1/2 the ball width).
I saw some post about setting the penguin motor delay to 0, but that doesn’t seem to have fixed things (game has been reset a handful of times in between this change). It maaaybe helped a little bit, but it is not a very noticeable improvement, if it did much at all.
The game is still on v1.04 (which it shipped with), and I’ll be updating to v1.05 soon. Does anyone have any idea on how to correct this issue? I’m not sure if anything in v1.05 will address it, and I didn’t see anything in the key posts about this particular crane problem.

On the underside of the Crane assembly, there is a plate that has a tab on it which is what breaks the opto beam on each of the insert stops. That plate is adjustable and depending on which direction you move it, will either make the crane advance or delay in respect to the insert stops. between this and the software adjustment, you "should" be able to dial it in closer.

#16390 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Thank you for the info, I’ll give that a shot!

No problem at all ... I believe there is a cover you have to remove first in order to see the adjustable portion I mentioned.

1 year later
#17131 2 years ago

EDIT: Sold / Thanks!

#17163 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I've recently had a couple people ask me about the button surround I made. I found a few I still had left and added them to my shop:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1029-chrome-candy/01719-flying-mammal-emblem
[quoted image]

THE BEST mod for BM66, period.

7 months later
#17794 1 year ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Where can you get the lockdown bar bay selector sticker?

I'm not sure where you can get the original decal but if you are looking to improve upon that, I highly recommend Chrome Candy's metal emblem. Its a HUGE improvement over the stock vinyl decal.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1029-chrome-candy/01719-flying-mammal-emblem

1 month later
#17817 1 year ago

Anyone looking for a cool accessory to compliment your BM66 machine? Signed George Barris "Wing-Bat" Guitar...
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#17822 1 year ago

Attention all Catwoman owners ... I just printed another small (most likely final) batch if there is anyone else out there who would like one... these are reverse printed on laser-cut acrylic and look much more appropriate on the Catwoman pin than the Stern supplied badge. Direct replacement, no modification needed. $25 shipped
7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#17914 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Anyone buy the Flipper Fidelity backbox light kit? I bought Cointakers kit for GOTG and liked it but the price for that kit is crazy high for BM66 at $299, Flipper Fidelity is at $145.

I have had Flipper Fidelity kits in all my pins over the years ... good product and have always been pleased with the results!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider retrogamerjp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=retrogamerjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.