PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rasavage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#151 7 years ago

I have a deposit down for a premium and I'm pretty excited. It will be my first NIB game, and as a result I'm really not sure when to expect it. Before Expo, I would have guessed sometime in 2016 was likely, but now with only about 7 weeks left in the year I'm not so sure. When realistically should I expect to take delivery? Thanks.

2 months later
#1479 7 years ago

Got my premium last week, so I'm officially in the club.

I know there has been some discussion about the left orbit and I'm curious if the blue nub on the outside of the ramp is necessary. What is its intended purpose? Thanks.

2 months later
#2335 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I won't lie; I'm jealous, and a little irritated, that the guy joining the club 7 days ago got an auto'd card and those of us with games for 4 months didn't get one.
That's an awesome card Squizz, a great autograph and location. I hope you enjoy the hell out of your game. I know I am.

Congrats to Squizz, but I agree. I got the first premium from my distributor and we were both surprised that my card wasn't autographed.

2 weeks later
#2507 6 years ago

<Gary Stern made statements in the past which make pretty clear he doesn't care about software that much, especially if it does not support (major) sales...
Well - as said I am in either way... but maybe somebody can help me getting rid of my concerns

I actually had a chance to talk with GS about the game about a month ago. He volunteered (I didn't ask) that much more code is coming and that "Lyman is on it."

IDK if that addresses your concerns, but I thought it was noteworthy that he made a point that software wasn't going to be left forgotten. Really, the game is obviously not done and Lyman's history speaks for itself. So while the wait is frustrating, I'm confident we'll get to 1.0+.

#2518 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Here's a new bug,while playing,was in that new Batturn video,and all of a sudden,the flippers went dead,and ball drained!It was a Left SD! Anybody else have this happen??? This is the new code 0.71.

I haven't had it w/ the Bitturn, but that did occur once at the start of a multiball, which really sucked.

1 week later
#2548 6 years ago

A couple of questions for the group.

First, does anyone have an interactive undercab LED and/or backbox kit, and if so what's their impression?

Second, what are the rules for the jail break wizard mode? I saw a 30 second counter on the screen but after that I was focused on the playfield and it was utter chaos.

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#2675 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone local to Pinbits enquired if/when they will have a BM66 plastic protector set available? Is there anyone else out there selling a protector set?

Little Shop of Games in Florida has a nice plastic protector set in a couple of different colors. I got one in blue and like it.

2 weeks later
1 month later
#3534 6 years ago

Has anyone made a metal plate for the action button instead of the sticker?

2 weeks later
#3894 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No, you're just banging the same old tired drum and still not taking responsibility for your own actions when you ignored that the game shipped with alpha code.
For a self-proclaimed programming expert you continue to show a complete lack of understanding of the process.

You're right in that the constant negativity from a few ranges anywhere from unhelpful to trolling. But I have to admit that it's feeling past due for a code drop. I'm not an epic player, but as the game sits I can more or less see everything without much difficulty. As a result, I don't play the game as much as I'd like and the longer the wait the less enthusiastic I am about the whole "process". Maybe that's just me though.

#3944 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

So what do we call a Super....Superman Limited Edition? lol Would we have to break into a vault to afford one? I could see the Stern Pricing slogan now.......Up Up and Away!

The price tag on a Superman SLE would be my kryptonite

2 weeks later
#4231 6 years ago

First, I'm glad Iceman made it through the storm alright. Hurricanes are serious business and everyone should consider what part we can do to help those impacted.

As for Batman 66, I'm beginning to lose hope. Like most of us, I've been a big supporter of this title, but approaching 100 days since an update is all kinds of frustrating with the game still so bare. Something from Lyman, ANYTHING, at this point would be a shot in the arm.

#4272 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

If Stern doesn't drop code by expo there's gonna be a shit storm for them to deal with.

I doubt the repercussions would be all that severe since there just aren't that many of us Batman 66 owners. But expo would be a red letter date since it would be a year from the game's reveal and about 150 days of .75 code.

#4357 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I saw a recent YouTube video with BM66 used in a tournament. If this game is already tournament ready, why is everone expecting more code? And claiming because 'Gomez promised us' doesn't count!

Right now the game is about as deep as a system 11. The minor villain modes don't do anything but are partially coded, different season modes don't exist yet but are obviously part of the game, no main wizard mode, only half the main villains have callouts, no batgirl mode (speculation), countless smaller issues that I'm probably missing.

J85M beat me to it. Bottom line, the game is great obviously not done.

#4384 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How many days since the last code update?
At least I have other games to play while I wait.

105 days

1 week later
#4573 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Guess it's not this week then.

Club moto

#4655 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Also just saw on FB....Stern posted today is Adam West Day!!! The stars are finally lining up....

I saw that and thought about asking about the code but decided against it because I've heard they are aggressive about blocking commenters...on reflection, I think I have Stockholm syndrome.

#4721 6 years ago

I think it's interesting that we're hearing no reveal because Franchi indicated that he would show his next title, which was hinted strongly to be another KaPow game. My bet is that they show something on Elvira and at least pictures of the Franchi KaPow game, which I'm guessing is Christopher Reeves Superman 78.

While I really want everyone to be right that we'll see a big code drop on Batman at or before Expo, there is very little in Stern's past behavior that gives me optimism.

#4808 6 years ago

I love the graph! Btw, this club thread made it on Kaneda's podcast this week as being the most patient group of pinheads.

Knock on wood for a pre-Expo code drop.

1 week later
#4951 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I noticed the new stars war code had a Sept 29'th date on the readme file. I guess it was in test for a while before they released it today.

Maybe when our code finally drops it will have a readme date from July.

#5061 6 years ago

Does anyone else find it strange that Stern is having a feature at Expo on Batman 66? I get that it's supposed to be about the art and the story about Franchi's dedication under ridiculous time constraints is interesting, BUT talking about an incomplete game that they revealed LAST YEAR is weird.

Plus the elephant in the room has to be the lack of code, which is beyond Franchi's control.

It just seems odd to me that Stern wants to put a spotlight on B66 given how (poorly, IMO) they've addressed the game to date.

#5081 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If it can reinvigorate game sales, why not?

Maybe, but it still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Opinions have already been formed, and it would take unbelievable code to move the meter much on sales at this point. Even Stern has moved on to market two newer games and another vault, with a bevy of newer titles from the competition. I just can't imagine what they could say or do at this point that would bring good will back to this title.

That being said, those of us with the game will probably be happy to take whatever we can get at this point.

#5104 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Anything else is absolutely a slap in the face to those of us that took Stern at their word and bought in early.

What about how Stern has handled this game hasn't been an absolute slap in the face to those of us that bought in early?

Don't get me wrong, I love the theme and how it looks, but Stern took our money (many without even having been able to see the game first) and now a year later MIGHT be getting around to providing something resembling a finished game.

#5240 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I heard the vendor room machines have teaser code of whats to come. No new code drop during Expo. Should hear more offical details at Stern talk at 6.

Makes sense, Dead Flip indicated that there would be an announcement.

#5385 6 years ago
Quoted from frg:

Yepp - I really wanted to get a SW LE, because of the theme. Even the meeeeh layout wouldn't have stopped me. But the lack of support for BM66 makes me boycotting Stern as long as this is solved.
In the meantime I ordered a Dialed In and bought a GoT last week.

I went ahead and bought a SWLE, Dwight's done a really great job on the code and the game plays great, but the way Stern required deposits before the LE/PRE reveal left a bad taste in my mouth. So getting treated poorly on the front end with SW and the lack of code on BM66, has me in the same place. My next game is TNA and Stern will have to earn my business back.

#5448 6 years ago

Bingo, Iceman.

I’ve learned my lesson which companies cater to my interests as a home consumer.

#5473 6 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

All three said 'If you love it now wait TWO Weeks, and this new code is going to blow you away'.

These aren't bad guys, but I feel like I've heard something about code in two weeks time before from them and that didn't work out so well.

#5552 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Worse is my realization that there just isn't enough progress or time for my grail theme BM66 to ever be completed like I hoped it would. I'm sure Lyman can make it better with probably one more intermediate-term update after whatever is in the hopper for next week, but reality dictates that he very soon must jump on Elvira(?) full time, and then I suspect that we'll go over a year before they "make another pass" on BM66 as they look back at it from their rear view mirror. After all, the assembly line must keep rolling and future big sellers like GotG, Iron Maiden, Beatles, Munsters, or whatever will rule the day. A year or so from now BM66 will settle about one rung above WWE in sales and be yesterday's news. I own plenty of other games to play and there are many non-Stern choices for great new games which I'll pursue, but I'm still very disappointed in what's happened this year with Stern and especially BM66. I know it's just business, but it feels personal right now.

I think this is a very likely possibility, which is really terrible for us. With each passing day that code isn't even Beta, there is a greater likelihood that our game will end up like Kiss or WoF. I have a premium and I feel like Stern deceived me, I can't imagine how the folks feel who paid twice as much for an SLE. Even though there are technically several modes in BM66, the game isn't deep or challenging in its current state.

#5559 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Don't believe the hype. KISS is a solid game and is pretty much done.
rd

Thanks for the correction. I gladly take that back and doing so gives me a little more hope on BM66.

2 weeks later
#6077 6 years ago

I've been away and was just able to update the code yesterday. Though I was only able to put a handful of games on it, the new code seems to add some depth and polish in spite of being a little buggy. I'm looking forward to playing this game again, as it had sat largely unplayed for awhile due to the lack of depth and ease before. Also, I think Stern did the right thing by providing a rough timeline; hopefully as those dates approach they do not go radio silent on us again. That all being said, my wallet remains closed to Stern until all of my games get 1.0 or better code; this process has been too painful.

1 week later
#6303 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Crane hits needs to loose that BDK sound effect and be replaced with Penguins quack when I hit the crane I want to know I’ve hit him and hear his reaction, was always great in the show when he would get annoyed with batman and go into quacking frenzy

Great idea!

#6484 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Well, my game arrived today...

The exact same thing happened to me but my distributor was able to get me a new cabinet from Stern. It took awhile for the new cabinet to arrive and the swap was kinda of a pain, but no problems since.

Good luck and hang in there.

#6640 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Another pinball bullie!

And another, albeit French.

7FC1AFCC-E5D5-4ABF-92B4-73215386FC18 (resized).jpeg7FC1AFCC-E5D5-4ABF-92B4-73215386FC18 (resized).jpeg

#6912 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Does anyone have these Batman Intro blades and can share a photo of how they look in the game? Can't decide which blades to buy. Thanks!

I don’t have those, but I think they are pretty sharp. Keep us posted on what set you choose.

2 weeks later
#7286 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Now that Batman is about a year old I wanted to see how owners and former owners feel about the game and where it's going
Are you still glad you got the game?
Would you have still bought it had you known a year ago what you know now?
If you sold it, are you thinking of getting it back?
Do you think the game is a long term keeper in your collection (> 3 years)?
Any playfield or cabinet issues?
Other thoughts?

Yes, I'm still glad that I got the game, but I have to admit that during the long wait for code I wasn't always so sure. That being said, I've always been glad to be a member of this thread; it's one of the best on pinside.

No, I would have would have waited until the code was more complete. The long wait with bare bones code and lack of communication really frustrated me given how the game (indeed many big Stern themes) were released.

N/a

Yes, I think it's a long term keeper. I mean at this point I'm already a year in, even though it was kind of a turkey for a big chunk of time. I like what Lyman is doing, and the use of the license has no equal in pinball.

I had a split cabinet. Stern was initially responsive and then went radio silent, my distributor however was a great advocate and stern sent me a new cabinet (2 actually, the first they sent was an Aerosmith). The cabinet swap was a legit pain, but ultimately everything turned out fine.

On other thoughts, between this game and Star Wars, I've come to really dislike how Stern handled releases. It's felt very much like putting money down on a theme and hoping the end result is ok. The code wait really compounded that feeling for me, but now I really feel like B66 is a first rate game and look forward to what else Lyman has in store for us.

1 week later
#7443 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Last question on this, are you guys only reinforcing the front inside corners of the cabinet or are you installing the brackets in all 4 corners?

I had a cabinet split on the front left corner, Stern sent me a new cabinet for a swap (big PITA). Afterwards I broke down the old cabinet, the back is much more sturdy than the front, probably because of the top horizontal piece that the back box sits on.

Congrats and welcome to the club.

1 month later
#8470 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Anyone run into an issue on the .87 update? I plug my stick in turn the game on and hit select for .87 it goes to the next screen pictured below normally I hit select one more time and the update starts but the select button does nothing when I push it.

My update was super slow, but worked fine.

#8528 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You're going to hurt yourself if you keep trying to pat yourself on the back about your purchase.
Many disagreed with the Boutique model with the SLE, etc. but the "2x" is misleading, there was never a code "blackout" and only haters and those not paying attention would call Batman 66 a reskinned game.
Clearly bare bones initial code and the long delay before the recent updates had an impact on sales as those that might have been interested in the game waited out the code.

I love this game, but I honestly fall somewhere in between you and pinfactory2000 on how B66 was released. I was an early adopter like most of us and felt pretty annoyed by Stern locking in deposits prior to revealing the game, then not allowing gameplay at reveal, which turned out to be because it didn't have any code and would continue to lack anything but basic code for about a year. This coupled with the complete lack of communication from Stern really felt like we were left out to dry. I know many in this group kept the faith, but I wasn't one of them and the whole thing left me pretty bummed about my NIB purchase. Now, much later, Lyman has done wonders, the game shines and it's not even done. But, for me, all is not forgiven and I've filed this experience away when considering NIB Stern purchases in the future.

1 week later
#8653 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

So while playing today, this came down the right side flipper lane.....any idea where it lives?

Probably one of leds under the slings. I’ve had it happen on mine a few times, once I had to replace the led and the second time that plastic cover just came off but the led was otherwise fine.

1 year later
#12727 4 years ago
Quoted from tipontop:

I ordered BM66 from my local distributor in early February and was told that Stern would produce BM66 in March. Last week, however, the distributor informed me that the next production will take place in April. Does anyone know the reason for the delay and the exact date of the next production?

Congrats on the order and welcome to the club. I’m sure a significant portion of their manufacturing line will be dedicated to getting the new black knight pros built. Batman is worth the wait though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rasavage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=rasavage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.