PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7331 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This is one of the best long running threads on Pinside. Absolutely great bunch of people passionate about the theme and the game. Everyone else ignores us.

If I were a betting man, you won't be ignored for much longer. I've liked this game since it first came out and started casually monitoring the thread from the beginning even though I don't own one. Would be interesting if stats were available about views on this thread compared to the number of owners on pinside. I think others are starting to take note as the code matures. I think the code is just hitting the late teenage years itself and will soon be a mature beast to be reckoned with. I have always loved the shots (minus the rinky left ramp which appears to be fixed now or even better with Matt's soon to be released upgrade) and the theme is off the charts imho.

I just need to decide which model is right for me in my collection and it will be among the 2-3 pins I acquire in 2018. As an aside, my pin high score initials "ZAP" that I've used since I was a teenager, should tell you a bit about my love of batman and why, once I acquire this pin, it will never leave my collection.

#7335 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Fairly easy:
SLE: unless you just have to have the (very cool) shiney Batmobile side art - simply not worth the money. The only other difference between SLE and the LE are the plaques, the Batsignal accessory (available from Stern) and additional playfield decorative toys (easily replicated). The SLE has the same interactive topper as the LE. If $5k is to you like $50 is to most people, go for it.
LE: Includes Stern's best topper ever - Batman and Robin in the Batmobile. Absolutely perfect for the theme. IMHO, the best cabinet art package and translite of the three models. Villians on the cabinet and Batgirl on the backbox sides. The version to get if you are a Batgirl fan (Flows well with the translite). . Multiple options to add the interactive Batsignal for a super batcool game room experience.
Premium: Best thing you can say about the Premium is that the game play is identical for a lot less money and is easily obtainable NIB. Backbox and cabinet art essentially Batman and Robin and no where near as cool as that on the LE or SLE.

Thanks... great synopsis. I had researched a bit before and was leaning LE assuming i can find one. But NIB is certainly a great price, easily available and with mods you can make it a pretty impressive pin. Cabinet art is fixed, but does anyone know if the LE translate is available aftermarket for the backbox if I go Prem?

#7340 6 years ago

Sounds like I may have my work cut out for me in finding an LE. I’m not ready to purchase yet, but if anyone has an LE that they’re thinking of getting rid of in 2018, please PM me.

EDIT: 2018... next year

1 week later
#7519 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Amen brother, a concern i have is wtf will my wife and kids do with these things if i tap out early?

FE42BA15-C78D-4A58-99A5-3A5ADB1B681F.jpegFE42BA15-C78D-4A58-99A5-3A5ADB1B681F.jpeg

#7579 6 years ago

Santa was good to me this year!! Hoping I also get that BM66 LE that I’m looking for in 2018 sometime...

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#7751 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Just joined the BM66 club today! What a great game! I was surprised that the game I received has a December 20, 2017 manufacture date!

Good sign for sales figures I would think if they don’t have a lot of old inventory sitting in warehouses. Seems to be heightened interest with the latest code updates. Out of curiosity, what distributor did you order from? I’m assuming it was drop shipped from Stern with a manufacture date that recent.

#7756 6 years ago

Added modes for minor villains Shame and Mad Hatter it would seem. Along with a few minor fixes.

2 weeks later
#8164 6 years ago

Now that Lyman’s code is getting more and more mature are any of you LE owners near MN getting bored with your game?

But on the off chance that you might be looking to change up your lineup, I’ll be glad to take it off your hands. Looking for an LE sometime in 2018. If I don’t find one by April-May I will probably go with a Prem.

3 weeks later
#8673 6 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I have been looking for an LE for a while now and they seem to be unobtanium as nobody is selling theirs probably due to the great code updates that keep coming.
If I opt for a Premium, what will I be missing? I realize the LE/SLE Topper would not be possible to get. What else would I be sacrificing by settling for a Premium? I assume the majority of the mods (Modcouple) would work on any version.
Thanks
Ed

I'm in the same boat... had a WTB ad up for quite a while and left several posts on various threads. Your comment about "unobtanium" is spot on. I'm quite surprised that people aren't doing with these LE's what they did with the Tron LE's and letting them go for a serious profit. But on the other hand, with new code coming every 2-3 weeks now, I think the true fan spirit is persisting with the current owners and no way they'd take a few extra bucks at the moment.

Oh yeah, I have an internal deadline of around the middle to end of March for when I'm going to give up on the LE and pull the trigger on a Premium. So if my past experience means anything, you should definitely wait til early April because 4-5 LE's will probably come up for sale at a great price immediately after I get my Premium unboxed and in my gameroom.
Murphy's Law (my last name) is definitely a strong theme in my life!!

#8700 6 years ago

Are there any LE or SLE owners out there that want to test the "serious profit" theory but don't want to face the price police out in full force? If so, please send me a PM and see if we can come to an agreement. Anonymity is 100% guaranteed if requested and I will donate to pinside on behalf of the seller IF a deal can be reached.

#8703 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I got some very serious health news yesterday not sure what is in store for me now but I may be selling all my games soon including BMLE. My wife wants me to keep them because they make me happy but if this is worse case for me then I don’t want to leave her with pinball machines to deal with. In the mean time I could use all the prayers I can get, I’m going to see a neurosurgeon on Monday.
I am walking around in a daze thinking of my wife and young daughter, cherish every moment guys.

Sonofabitch!! I’m so sorry to hear this and am sending every positive thought I can muster your way. I’m sure everyone here joins me in hoping that the visit to the neurosurgeon yields more positive results with something that is treatable. This hobby has some of the best people I have ever met in it and the only words I have now are “fight, fight, fight, and never give up”.

I want a BM66 someday, but in the words of Josh Sharpe... “Not Like This!!”

2 weeks later
#8986 6 years ago

Best news ever!!! I’m so happy for you and your family. It’s moments like this in life that remind us what’s most important. And that scar on your head will always be there to remind you of how precious life is.

2 weeks later
#9149 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I had a great chat with Lyman and thanked him for his excellent work.
Chris Franchi was selling special limited edition batman translite artworks and I got Chris, Lyman and George to sign mine

That’s so cool... would love to be there and thank Lyman myself!!

As for the artwork, wondering if you can post a pic of it? Doesn’t have to be high resolution or anything... just want to share in how awesome it probably looks.

#9285 5 years ago

Ok I finally stepped up and bought the Atomic Pile mod (thanks Dave!) this will give me something fun to do this weekend. I am thinking of doing the SLE speaker grill & bat cave spinner upgrade next. I havnt looked at the directions yet but I assume the atomic pile is an easy install?

Hey... I got that too (as you already know from the eBay thread). Crazy part is now I need to get me a BM66!! Yeah, this hobby can be a sickness sometimes. I had a wtb ad for an LE that I thought I’d let run for a while, but ready to pull the trigger on a premium sometime in April it would seem.

2 months later
#10155 5 years ago

Well after looking at my Atomic Pile mod for nearly 2 months I finally felt up to installing it last night (it was much easier than I thought) I love this mod it looks amazing, thanks to Dave for making it! I left my batcopter in place for now, It lights up and the blades spin when the turn table activates. I may move it down the road but for now I’m just happy to finally have a legit Atomic Pile on my game. I am feeling a lot better these days and since getting off my siezure meds I am thinking much more clearly and have way more motivation, I am finally getting my life back!

Awesome news to hear of your improving health!! ... oh yeah, and the atomic pile looks great also.

3 weeks later
#10291 5 years ago
Quoted from Normscoffee:

I know for a fact that a SLE will soon be on location in Charleston, SC. What should a game be priced at?

Gutsy. But I think they should sell it to me, buy a premium and pocket the difference. Will more than make up for whatever price they get per game.

2 months later
#10947 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Yes! Some rings require more parts removal than others.

This particular ring was quite easy to install... but didn’t realize until afterwards that it required removal of ONE major part.

34782A86-17F5-4953-84D0-A64B23FEFA62 (resized).jpeg34782A86-17F5-4953-84D0-A64B23FEFA62 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#11045 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

still don't see it....

It’s there. Main code page has 8/30/18 listed as latest code... but when i click that link it opens to the code from today. V 0.95

1 month later
#11539 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I wonder if another SLE owner could download the code with the call outs and share it with others (with the same name)?

I wonder if there is some difference in the hardware on each SLE, like a hard coded serial number in the rom or something. Otherwise, how would it know which name to call out on each SLE? If this is case, then the SLE callous wouldn’t work on LE’s or premiums because they’d be missing the proper hardware. Just guessing here... could be way off.

I suppose another option is that Stern will email an individually coded version of the software to each SLE owner based on their name (after verifying they have the machine with the photo).

In any case, I’m now on a mission to find an SLE owner named Tony to sell his machine to me. Evidently, I’ll have to beat PismoArcade to it though.

#11581 5 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Hopefully they just make it a perk for all current SLE owners. I would think this would be very short sighted on Sterns part to think all of the original SLE owners would keep their game forever.

I've seen Stern be accused of being short sighted for many things. But worrying about the 2nd (and subsequent) owners of the SLE is a new one. Can't say it wouldn't be a nice feature... but I can't imagine in a million years that this would even make Sterns list of things to worry about or make right.

1 month later
#11821 5 years ago

Holy Merry Christmas Batman SLE owners!! Code 1.02 dropped...

#11862 5 years ago

Bummer no Sean/Shawn ordered an SLE

Quoted from Yelobird:

Blame your parents! lol JK.

If I had to guess, it might be more appropriate to blame the wives of all the Sean/Shawns in the world!!

1 week later
#11936 5 years ago

I’m still quite surprised that the LE’s almost never come up for sale. The members of this club are among the most loyal for sure!!

#11942 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not really a big surprise. Only 240 total (about 120in the US). That’s a pretty small number of LEs. The LEs sold out early, most to Batman fans that loved the theme. As the code and theme integration got better most LE owners decided the game was going to be virtually bolted to their game room floor forever.

Perhaps surprised is the wrong word... but there are definitely machines out there with fewer numbers that you see occasionally for sale. I do think it’s a great pin as well (even though I’m not in the club). I was hoping to see one or two come up after code reached 1.0, but haven’t yet. Maybe someday Dave will decide to cash in on his NIB... wishful thinking? A man can dream, can’t he?

#11995 5 years ago

10k was MSRP... it wasn’t until recently that Stern started enforcing minimum pricing (still below MSRP). I can’t confirm specific discounts for BM66, but I have at least 1 friend telling me there was a dealer discount... remember, this was a couple years ago before the stern lockdown on dealer pricing.

1 month later
#12427 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

I'm really bad at memorizing all the things to do regarding minor villains, so I made a little cheatsheet and stuck it on the wall next to my machine.
Three games after putting it up I made it to Holy Multiball for the first time
I attached the image in original size if someone has the same issue. Credits go out to the excellent rule sheet on tiltforums, very helpful!
This machine is pure awesomeness!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Well done!! You, my good sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!!

2 months later
#13214 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hate to say it, I would buy another if I found one...

Save some for the rest of us will ya?

#13236 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I heard they are working on another update to the game. What on earth does Lyman think this game needs to add for crying out loud?

Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm fine with it. I just don't know what the hell else there is to add!

I heard rumors he will finally be making the scoleri brothers less frustrating and who brought the dog mode less annoying.

1 month later
3 weeks later
#14042 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

YIKES! The cabinet is touching the Asphalt. I hope you didn't scratch the cabinet.

So we’ve graduated from the “I need to see pics of your shooter lane” to the “I need to see pics of the underside rail of the cabinet bottom”.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 210.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 26.50
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.