IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfactory2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7039 6 years ago

Maybe picking up a secondhand BM66 what are the 'must have' mods? I didnt want to pollute this thread so I started a new one but if people prefer here thats cool too. Thanks https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-bm66-mod-thread

#7148 6 years ago

Guy, anyone willing to share their settings? I want to set it for ‘fun’ but not stupid easy. Thanks!!

#7177 6 years ago

I’d the only way to plug an external sub to these pins with a pinnovators mod?

#7207 6 years ago

Did they address the lag time on some of the things like the bat cave?

#7352 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Fairly easy:
SLE: unless you just have to have the (very cool) shiney Batmobile side art - simply not worth the money. The only other difference between SLE and the LE are the plaques, the Batsignal accessory (available from Stern) and additional playfield decorative toys (easily replicated). The SLE has the same interactive topper as the LE. If $5k is to you like $50 is to most people, go for it.
LE: Includes Stern's best topper ever - Batman and Robin in the Batmobile. Absolutely perfect for the theme. IMHO, the best cabinet art package and translite of the three models. Villians on the cabinet and Batgirl on the backbox sides. The version to get if you are a Batgirl fan (Flows well with the translite). . Multiple options to add the interactive Batsignal for a super batcool game room experience.
Premium: Best thing you can say about the Premium is that the game play is identical for a lot less money and is easily obtainable NIB. Backbox and cabinet art essentially Batman and Robin and no where near as cool as that on the LE or SLE.
Edit: forgot to mention that SLE/LEs also have George Gomez/Lyman Sheats autographed playfields and an Adam West autographed apron card. The SLE also has lighted speakers (available as an aftermarket mod for others).

In the case of BM66, you are literally paying for the look of one model over the other. Full stop.

I always buy premiums because I dont want stripped down gameplay but in this case I went with...Well, 'premium' (promium?) because I cant justify paying thousands extra for visual mods and no feature upgrades.

#7353 6 years ago

Can someone explain how to get modes/villains 'stacked'? Thanks!!

#7356 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

There is a setting to allow villain stacking. The game default is off so if you want to stack villains you need to turn it on.

ah ok. Crap...Tough decision.

On a related note, is anyone willing to publish their settings? I am looking for 'fun' over all else but nothing silly like '1 target to start multiball' as I dont want to get bored quickly..thanks!!

#7387 6 years ago

Semi off topic...my kids (ok, me too) want to watch some batman 66 shows. $30 per season seems a little steep. Are they streaming/playing anywhere (Netflix type places)? Thanks

#7455 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Initially was supposed to be now, but I believe it got pushed off to early Jan.

really? did someone post that here?

#7463 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-december-2017
Actual wording is "around the new year" which, to me, says January.

Ah ok. I didn’t know that announcement was a revision of an earlier one.

1 week later
#7597 6 years ago

Ok. I’ve been slacking on keeping up here. What’s going on with sterns most expensive pin ever that I need to be worried about? Do I need to contact them for a potential fix?

Thanks.

1 week later
#7743 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

To the Batstool!!! ( had to laugh as the dealer made his own comment)..

Now thats a nice loose bat stool!

#7746 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

for $200 it better be!!!

#7777 6 years ago

two quick questions guys:

1) which corner brackets should I use to shore up the front joints?
2) My magnet only catches the ball (when hitting batphone) MAYBE 20% of the time. Whats going on?

Thanks a million

#7779 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

1. The Bally/Williams style ones from Pinball Life. I also added a couple off the shelf brackets from Home Depot near the top. Note the corners had to be slightly cut to fit close to the top. Top brace was welded for added support and painted black to hide them. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=144
2. Mine is kinda the same way. Maybe your balls have become magnetized?

Thanks! What size screws are people using? I'd hate to go through the cab, yikes!

As for the balls, perhaps. I ordered some new ones so we'll see...I've heard others say that it catches theirs @ about 50%...Still seems like a glitch they need to work on...

#7810 6 years ago

Has anyone added additional lighting for the bat cave/magnet area? It’s really dark with no spotlights up there. I added one near the beginning of the left orbit and it lights the area really well but it blocks the view of the mystery and toddler insert (pic soon).

Any other ideas?

#7812 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I added the Pin Stadium Lighting ang it’s a completely different game. The art and every feature just pop out now. I recommend strongly for this game.

I can appreciate that but I’m looking for a $5 fix as opposed to spending hundreds.

#7822 6 years ago

Ok here’s the spot I added. It does a great job but it’s pretty intrusive.

5EA7A025-ABE0-4533-B045-336A74C3EE0A (resized).jpeg5EA7A025-ABE0-4533-B045-336A74C3EE0A (resized).jpeg

Without:
D201F003-3543-4284-B627-837A0B2D355E (resized).jpegD201F003-3543-4284-B627-837A0B2D355E (resized).jpeg

With:
E1F1C97C-4553-439C-9A3D-B42328D42951 (resized).jpegE1F1C97C-4553-439C-9A3D-B42328D42951 (resized).jpeg

#7826 6 years ago

Here's my post from a few months ago...I added spotlights to the sling tops a while ago. Recently I've been trying to find the brightest bulbs I can to help brighten up the playfield. I added Comets Op-Max. They seemed better than what I was using but I still wasn't 100% satisfied. On a whim I decided to take off the diffused lens and holy crap what a difference! The light reaches all the way to the back of the playfield. Not sure if the Comet 1 Watt is brighter but I'm more than happy with the results. With the lens off they are very low profile so you don't see them from a player's perspective. You can see in the video how far the light reaches. The crane, Villain Vision and even the back left building are being lit. It might look too bright by the spots but that's just over exposure from my phone. Just wanted to share my results for anyone dealing with the same issue.
» YouTube video

Maybe it’s just the video but the bat cave area still looks super dark. That’s the only area that bothers me....

#7827 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The game is kinda dark in the middle, period, for a Stern. You can see where I put mine...now plenty of light. I use spots on many of my Sterns (so do they). I cant see where you put the fixture itself, but the right height, coupled w the slings, looks pretty balanced....

Wow, 5 spots??? Must be really well lit now.

You fully blocked a bunch of inserts so I’m not feeling so bad now!!

#7874 6 years ago

Can I ask you guys why you upgrade the bat phone? It seems pretty nice. Maybe just needs the center button to be painted or something...what am I missing?

#7876 6 years ago

Not a big fan of Stern's dog chew toy Bat phone. Yelobird's smaller phone with the additional Shakespeare bust look MUCH better.

I like the bust but the phone looks like it’s made from legos? Kinda an 8 bit vibe?

#7884 6 years ago

You're definitely in the minority.

Is the phone smooth or is it blocky? It looks blocky. I was asking. Maybe it’s just the picture. Not trying to trigger you.

Apologies.

#7889 6 years ago

Yes it's blocky. That's my only criticism (if I had to have one) but it's to be expected with 3D printing. I wonder if you could lightly sand it? The old phone just looked out of place and bulky with the Atomic Pile mod. I'm pretty picky about what mods I install. Love the fact it leaves room for the Shakespeare bust. Plus it's nice and bright. Not all mods are for everyone. But so glad creative and talented people make these available for us.

Got it.

Completely agree btw about folks making mods. Awesome. The batcave atomic pile area is so crammed I think I’ll stick with the larger phone for now. Even that can be hard to see sometimes.

#7893 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You just need to add spotlights that block the inserts.....you can see everything then..

Ha! That’s what Mattel cars are for!!

#7975 6 years ago

How'd you get the copter to stay there? Glue gun?

#7977 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you talking about the SLE style batcopter mounting over the left ball return?
Here's a picture of the wire it's mounted with and how it connects to the bottom of the better Hallmark ornament batcopter (copied from the way Stern did their cheaper batcopter).

ah ok cool. where'd you find the metal wire?

#7995 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hoping to eliminate that movement, along with tightening up the spinner tolerance at some point soon.
Finding time has been a challenge lately....cant even find time to go check on the lockdown mod (ahhh)

Whats that? Sorry, impossible to keep all of this straight! We should have a sticky for BM66 (or all pins!) with the most common mods and a link on either 'how to's' or where to purchase...

1 week later
#8206 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I am curious to know what people are seeing as average game times. I know that one an change things to be more or less difficult but wanted to get a general sense.

I havent checked but either I got A LOT worse since .85 or something in the new code is killing me!

I'd like to blame the code but I'm pretty sure its me...

#8222 6 years ago

so when you guys are just bangin around what are your average scores?

#8243 6 years ago

Interesting about people using 5 balls...I always set to 3...Though I do close up the outlanes as much as I can and set ball save to 7 seconds.

It seems playing 'shame' as my minor villain gets me my biggest scores. Multiball always chips away at points...

#8247 6 years ago

I started out at 3 balls but with all the new features I'm running 5 balls now.

Once code is baked and you've seen pretty much all the 'new' stuff, will you (and anyone else) set if back to 3? I have all my pins set to 3 but am interested in this...I'm all about playing for 'fun' so maybe 5 balls...But dont want it to get boring either.

#8264 6 years ago

dumb question but do the small numbers on the gadget targets represent?

#8284 6 years ago

Think of SW owners. They have nothing shielding those LCD screens.

And nothing sheilding those cheap zizzle-esque plastic ramps either!

#8286 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Batman club. Not a SW hate club. SW is also a great game. A must have game. I have had and played a handful of SW machines already and never seen a ball hit the screen, not once...
I finally got my trough boards and will be able to hopefully fix and install 0.86 for a few games before putting back into the wild. Very much looking forward to it

I don’t hate SW but was certainly shocked when I finally played it. Not a pin I’d ever buy. I’m sure it does well on location. Nice looking.

#8291 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The secondary sales market for Batman is actually playing out like I expected.
Resales were going to be comparatively low no matter what because sales were low. There are a number of reasons for that:
1) SLEs. Even though the number of SLEs jumped from 30 to 80, they can not be considered a "normal" game for the secondary market. Demand was higher than expected and most who bought SLEs did so intending to keep the game long term.
2) LEs - Unlike other Stern LEs, the Batman LEs are actually limited (240). It has Stern's best topper ever and many consider it to have the best art package. If you sell an LE and later decide you want the game back, it's going to be tough.
3) Initial production/sales of Premiums were disappointing, if not dismal. Games sat in inventory for a long time and dealers did not reorder. And that's with many buyers giving Stern the benefit of the doubt because Lyman was doing the code!
Number 3 was impacted by the next two factors:
4) Pricing. The game was priced higher than any Stern game before it. There was no Pro model (though you could argue the Premium is the Pro). It was also the first game really impacted by the Stern crackdown on distributors discounting games so the vast majority paid list rather than street prices. Initial demand may have also been tempered by concerns that the playfield quality issues in previous games hadn't been addressed.
5) Perception of code status. The Expo reveal was literally a box of lights. The game was very basic 6 months after reveal and didn't begin fleshing out until almost a year after. This was the height of the vireland code hysteria and where people started doubting their purchase. There were a fair number of secondary market sales during this time.
Those that didn't sell during this period were either in the (a) not likely to consider selling anyway camp or (b) willing to wait a bit longer to see how the code would turn out. As the code got better and better and we began to see the direction the game was taking, some in the (b) camp moved to (a). I suspect many of the remaining owners in (b) are now in the "I've waited this long, I'll wait to see what the 1.0 code looks like" before deciding what they are going to do.
6) People are beginning to realize that the code is getting good and that Batman may have the best audio/video integration of any LCD pin. Full rights to use footage from every episode and custom callouts from West and Ward to complement a design where the game plays through episodes of the series. Contrast that to the concerns about GOTG, SW and JJPOTC.
I think #6 means that we are going to see more demand for the game that will most likely be filled by more production runs of Premiums rather than secondary sales.
I think this is a good thing. But I'm also one that figured Batman 66 was a long term permanent addition to my collection as soon as I saw the game set up in my game room ...

wow.

I was just thinking people will likely hold onto BM66 until code is complete and then decide if its a keeper for them. With code being continually updated as promised people arent jumping ship 'early' like they did with KISS et al.

#8296 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The frequent updates only happened early on and in the last couple months. In between we saw the bulk of secondary sales so far.

Exactly. Once it became evident that Stern was actually going to do what they originally said, people stopped selling.

Quoted from jfh:

And, for most people, jumping ship 7-12 months wouldn't be considered 'early'

Early in the code development I meant. It takes stern, generally, over 2 years to complete code. 7 months in is pretty early on in that cycle.

#8313 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Holy crazy scoring Batman. Is there any point to doing anything other than penguin all day for scoring? I got to the point where the gadget targets were 200-300 million a pop.

Doesn’t the game cycle through main villains? How do you start penguin each time?

#8323 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hit the scoop until the batphone starts ringing. Hit batphone. The other thing is you can keep playing penguin even after to capture him.

Thanks I honestly thought it was random lol. I played last night and finally broke 1B with 3 balls. I'm a terrible player but that made a huge difference. Beat penguin and hit shame multiball along with two regular multiballs.

Question...When you get the option to take the points or keep playing, I assume if you take points then you havent 'beaten' the villain right?

#8330 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Pretty sure this is not correct.

just tried it. If you take the points at the first opportunity it still locks up the villain. Points take a nosedive though. Guess it depends on how confident you are that you can lock up all of them. What happens then? Wizard mode?

#8335 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

So update. My magnet worked but was rather weak and rarely diverted the ball or grabbed it when answering bat phone. Putting a meter on the coil for the magnet it red 5.3 ohms. Normal magnet is around 2 or 3. So my magnet was at half power. Getting a new magnet and ill keep you updated. Hope this helps people

Interesting. Could you elaborate on how to test it? Mine only grab the ball maybe 20% if the time.

#8341 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

(my magnet works great, btw)

So every time you hit the bat phone it grabs it as intended?

#8346 6 years ago

Lift play field and disconnect the magnet. On the magnet side put your leads on your meter on the two points. Set your meter to ohms, Lowest scale. Should read around or under 3 ohms

My cheapo multi read 009...Is that 9 Ohms? or is it almost 1 ohm? Any idea?

#8349 6 years ago

What scale are you on? If your on 100 ohm sale it's 9 ohms. Touch the leads togeather and it should read 001 or 000

ok, I set it to 200 (no 100 on mine) and it reads .065 which I assume is 6.5....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8351 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Time to get a decent multimeter. Frys has the less expensive fluke like these for less than $100 pretty often (usually $80ish):
amazon.com link »

Neither of my meters have a 100 OHM setting. They both have ranges from 200 to 2M. In fact, looking at a bunch online I dont see any with a 100 ohm setting...?

#8358 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep, i believe its all in the code myself and has nothing to do with the magnet itself. Same thing happened with TWD.
Lyman will fix the batphone magnet strength issue although it doesn't really bother me. When the magnet does grab it i have to nudge it to get the ball to release some times.

I think it’s super annoying. It’s like having the sparky magnet or the hammer magnet only grab the ball 20% of the time.

#8360 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It is annoying, especially when you aren't ready for the super quick kickback on the non grab.

Yeah it’s that and also there are animations associated with the grab that you can’t even glance up at.

Like you said, I’m sure they’ll fix via code.

#8375 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If all Kapow games are allowed to get the code that Batman is getting...then I’ll be buying every Kapow game going forward.

Some of the BM66's sold for 2x the price of a regular stern Pro didnt they? At those prices, they better have their shit together when it comes to everything...Including code.

#8403 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

has to have alot of crow on the table right now. We were called everything in the book for staying with this, and I'm very glad I did. Best surprise grail for me in my pinball life.....

Some people paid 2X the 'normal' price for this pin and almost a year and a half later its still <1.0 code. Unless you needed a LE, waiting was the smart move.

I waited until it was clear that they were actually going to do what they said and then I grabbed one....A full year after release, for MUCH less than they originally sold for.

Not picking any feathers from my teeth. I always hoped they'd get their act together on this one.

#8406 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If Lyman is doing Elvira.I wonder if he will use the same style of LCD integration he did with Batman66.
For thise who werent watching TV in the 80's, the Elvira TV show "Movie Macabre" would show cheesy low budget public domain horror films with Elvira offering her unique style of humor before/after commercial breaks.
Since the films were public domain Stern should be able to pick and choose from a wide variety of films to use for the LCD clips for little or no cost. Elvira would be commenting on the films as well as your pinball skills as you go along. This approach would be very similar to what Lyman is doing on Batman66 with the villains and their respective episodes.
I think playing through a bunch of low budget cheesy horror films with Elvira as your narrator would be an awesome game playing experience.

blech. Listening to old dudes pant about Elvira is like listening to my grandpa hit on 20 year old waitresses. Creepy.

That said, I think a pin about old cheesy horror films would be awesome. Just have no desire to see another elvira pin.

But I digress lol.

#8408 6 years ago

I like the idea of getting my rails (ball returns) powder coated...Maybe side rails too but I'm always afraid to pull of rails...Who does that and how much are we talking?

#8414 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Who said anything about panting? If all I wanted was boobs I'd buy one of the playboy pins, DE TMNT, or Strikes and Spares.
Cleavage is great but its not the reason I'd buy her next pin. I'd be in on it if we got a steady stream of her talking crap about your pinball skills and the bad movies with her unique style of humor along with a bunch of "so bad they are good" horror film clips as you play the movies through the game.
I guess we'll still have to wait a while before we find out what kind of game it will be.

There are lots of guys here that pant over elvira every time someone dares to say something about her they dont like. Wasnt specifically 'accusing' you.

For me, Elvira simply isnt any more relevant or interesting than a carrot top or pauly shore pin. But I know there are plenty of folks that would love those pin titles too. We all have different tastes.

#8419 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

2x ? It's disingenuous to compare the Batman SLE pricing to that of any other pin.

I agree. For that money the code should have been completely baked on day one.

Quoted from jfh:

How much less? New or used?

Not a ton less but under $7K. Mint HUO only lightly played.

#8423 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFun:

The opposite sex would agree with you on Carrot Top and Pauly Shore, but when it comes to Elvira, most would like the theme.
Full disclosure: I own a Scared Stiff and have observed positive reviews from women

I think it depends on age groups perhaps? I'm 40ish and cannot imagine a less appealing theme than Elvira.

Full disclosure: I owned a scared stiff and except for the theme thought it was an amazing pin.

#8424 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Any of you good players gotten to Batusi multiball yet?
Speaking as a not-so-good player, I may never see it ...

not yet...How do you get to it?

#8428 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I got close to Batusi multiball last night. Had 2 seasons finished...then I forgot how to hit a shot.

"then I forgot how to hit a shot" lol. I know the feeling.

Where does it track which season you've finished?

#8430 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The Season TV inserts right above the flippers.

HA! I'm an idiot. I was looking all over the PF for something small to denote that. Those are huge...I guess the minor villians are meant to play a major role in the game.

Ok, second stupid question, how do you know if a villain is a season 1-3 villain?

Thanks!!

#8436 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm 38 and l dig Elvira. I think the appeal is more taste-related than age-related. Campy horror with sexual innuendos and big jugs ticks my boxes.
P.s. planning to order a BM 66 soon

Yeah thats fair. I love campy horror and boobs but elvira doesn't do it for me. I've never been a fan of skin stretched over inanimate/man made objects so maybe thats part of it...Perhaps its because I was more in the USA Up all night camp...Dunno

#8452 6 years ago

anyone know of places that stock powder coated parts for pins (Batman 66 and KISS specifically)? I have some good leads on places to go for coating but I'm about as impatient as them come...!

#8521 6 years ago

The only people STILL hating on this game are the ones who haven't played it in the last 3 months or so.

I think people can hate how stern approached this game (2X price for bobbles and bolt ons on a reskinned pin, code blackout early on etc) but love the game.

I'm certainly no fan of sterns approach on this pin but I grabbed a mint HUO for hundreds under NIB and love the game immensely.

#8523 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You're going to hurt yourself if you keep trying to pat yourself on the back about your purchase.
Many disagreed with the Boutique model with the SLE, etc. but the "2x" is misleading, there was never a code "blackout" and only haters and those not paying attention would call Batman 66 a reskinned game.
Clearly bare bones initial code and the long delay before the recent updates had an impact on sales as those that might have been interested in the game waited out the code.

Stretch out before you engage in such mental contortions next time, you're likely to pull something...Only fanboys can pull off such incredible stunts!

All kidding aside, I think we just see it differently and thats totally fine. I'm glad I waited and had no skin in the game but totally understand why those who dove in heads first have a different view.

#8556 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

FWIW, I always select Full + Verify. The code updates are so enormous, I honestly don't trust it to do it incrementally. I haven't had a problem with this yet.

Unless I choose 'quick' (I think its quick) then it hangs halfway through...

#8565 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I Use both of those and both are excellent pure wax. Had to directly import from the US, and only came in large size so will have enough to last my lifetime, and my kids, and probably their kids.

Not that it necessarily matters but some waxes include waxes other than Carnauba (including the p21). No wax is 'pure' carauba (which is rock solid) but there are certainly waxes that contain only one 'type' of wax.

Like mothers.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/California-Gold-Pure-Carauba-Wax-Step-3/15137639?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=10130&adid=22222222227009249434&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40839209072&wl4=pla-78652786952&wl5=9001878&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=117089545&wl11=online&wl12=15137639&wl13=&veh=sem

#8578 6 years ago

So the shame multiball...

If you choose Shane and then switch back to the mode you were in, it seems a good way to rack up some points? I was playing catwomen and was at 3x points...

Then I drained so...there’s that.

Thoughts?

#8580 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Based on the Last Stern of the Union address, there should be yet another Batman66 code update by than.

Two weeks is this upcoming weds I think...?

#8585 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Kind of makes sense since (if I understand correctly), you aren't really switching between modes. The modes are stacked and running at the same time...choosing channels simply changes the music and animations between those that are running, right?

Oh maybe you’re right...didn’t think about that

#8600 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Batman '66 was a weird case where the Premium is essentially the Pro, the LE is a Premium, and the SuperLE is an LE. Maybe they decided to treat it like a Pro and not bracket it.

Seems like a reasonable guess.

Why would someone down vote it?

#8601 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Star wars pre/le got the corner brackets because they were heavier (all the metal wireforms, magnets,...) hence the corner brackets

Ah, I can’t inagine those adding more than 3lbs. Less than a coin box full of quarters.

#8604 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Because, while yes, they were pricey, the BM66 Premium, LE, and SLE are definitely not the same model as a stripped down pro, mildly upgraded premium, then blinged out LE on other Stern models......(I didn't downvote, as no sense opening all of that again)...an NO BM66's got the brackets, which is sad, but easy add. They simply chose to not use them on that cabinet, for whatever reason.
I hated (and still do) the pegs, and new lockdown bar latches (don't care how they "hold" better, non adjustable and cheap, pulling on the cabinet). At least the pegs are gone (I think?).......

Interesting. I figured everyone viewed the premiums as pros etc but with name changes at each level to extract more dollars. You’re right though, I don’t think there are any major playfield changes you usually see in pros vs premiums...Just cosmetic stuff (matchbox toys etc)?

Either way I agree about the lockdown bar. Hate that. Hate the change in power too but my KISS has that too.

#8611 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

A lot of people said that early on but if you look at the Batman66 premium to other Spike 2 pro models like Aerosmith or Star Wars they are just not comparable from a build cost point of view.
Plus Stern had to partner with Kaminkow games to secure the license so I'm sure that wasn't cheap.
I just don't see how Stern could have made a 5K version of Batman66 without removing a bunch of the fun stuff from the game.
Kinda like Spooky with TNA. When it was first shown everyone though the simple layout should make it cheap to build. However when you starting counting up all the coils it uses, and the RGB lighting, and the sound system it adds up quicker than you'd think.

Yeah I kinda get how the premium 66 cost more than a conventional pro (kinda) but the le and sle was a money grab plain and simple. It worked. I’m sure they sold them all.

Interestingly enough my 66 premium feels flimsy compared to my kiss premium.

#8614 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Because they had moved to crappier cabinet and playfield wood by BM'66. KISS Prem/LE (dunno about the pro) has denser cabinet and PF wood.

Less expensive too...

#8622 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I gotta tell the story.
So the other day I was moving my pin room around, as one does ...
The room is carpeted, and all the pins move around pretty easily.
I move my BM66 a little bit, exactly the same as I’ve moved all my other pins for 20-30 years now, and BANG!! This huge snapping noise echoes through the game room.
The whole front right corner of the cabinet had split all the way from the top to just above the top leg hole. Which is where the internal wooden corner brace is. Funny that!
First thing I thought - fuck! Imagine if this was some of those guys on Pinside’s game. Their heads would explode!! Haha
Luckily, the decal wasn’t damaged. The split was right along the edge of the side decal.
My background is in furniture and woodwork, so I guess I am used to stuff like this. I trundled over to the garage and got out my clamps and PVA and glued that MF back up, and let it dry overnight. Luckily it came up sweet ... I also installed a countersunk 40mm screw at the bottom (under the leg protector) which actually will hold the joint together properly. That sort of joint should really be glued and screwed in the Factory for maximum strength. If they put screws under the leg protector area, and under the lock bar area, you’d never see them and they’d work wonders.
I touched up the repair with my black acrylic paint marker, and you’d never know it happened. Thankfully.
So yeah, I would recommend some sort of bracket up the top. That’s where the damage occurred, when the machine was moved, the cabinet twisted and the joint failed. Badly.
rd

$15K pin that cant be gently moved across a carpet like a 20 year old sega...

#8624 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I learnt a long, long, long (long) time ago, by the time you waste hours bitching about something, probably to someone who doesn’t care anyway, it’s just f**king easier to go get the glue and fix it yourself.
I fixed it in 10-15 minutes.
If I kicked up a fuss, I would think it would take me like 3-4-5 months to get a replacement cabinet. With hours and hours of phone calls, emails and general stress I don’t need in my life.
I don’t need a replacement cabinet. I can fix stuff. So I did.
If it had damaged the side decal, I would have asked for a new decal, as I can’t fix that.
That’s one thing about Kiwis and Aussies, because we live at the ass end of the planet, we have become very self sufficent.
Now, with the brackets, I would suggest the corner ones as fitted at the top of this photo would be ideal.
I did not think you need the bottom ones, the timber brace provides ample strength, but they’re only a couple of bucks so go for it if you think you need them.
- Be sure to affix them with proper wood thread screws, not metal thread screws (they’ll pull right out)
- make sure the screws are the right length (and don’t go out the side of the cabinet)

Or a 5 year old Stern
Or a 20 year old BW
Or a 30 year old Bally SS
Or a 55 year old EM
rd

what kind of bracket is that at the top? the L bracket I can get at a hardware store...is the other one specialty or readily available too?

(dont forget zizzles)

#8651 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

So while playing today, this came down the right side flipper lane.....any idea where it lives?

Lightbulb cover for sure

#8654 6 years ago

I'd check to see if any LED's lost a lens. Surprised nobody mentioned that yet.

#8678 6 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

If I opt for a Premium, what will I be missing?

Nada that impacts gameplay. Its all cosmetic. Save the thousands and buy an additional pin or 3.

#8685 6 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

I'll be joining the B66 Premium club next month. I wasn't intending to put a shaker motor in it but after a little research, the cost and difficulty of installation is well within my means and ability. Three questions:
1) Does a shaker motor add anything to the experience on a machine you play almost daily, or is it a novelty that quickly wears off?
2) Is stuff going to break faster?
3) I assume a shaker can be disabled in settings. Correct?

hate em. If a pin I get comes with one I imemdiately disconnect.

#8694 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I have a full set of SLE and LE decals....I'm thinking about slamming them on a couple premiums, thoughts?

Cosmetics are the only differences between a $7K and $15K machine. If you like the looks of the LE better, go for it!

#8697 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Gonna be a little tough to get the signatures under the clear on the playfield......

I think graffiti on a PF would count as cosmetic?

Sharpie would probably work I suppose if you really wanted it....

#8698 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In addition to cosmetics stuff, speakers are supposed to be better on the SLE and has a headphone jack. Also on the SLE Batman is supposed to call you by name to answer the batphone. Don't think the code uses that yet.

Thats true, couple hundred bucks solves that though. As for the name, I suspect pinbrowser solves that 'limitation'.

I guess I should have clarified and said that the difference between a premium and SLE is cosmetic and factory installed mods...But nothing that impacts gameplay.

#8702 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Umm....graffiti and a sharpie? Thought these sort of talks ended a year ago....
Bottom line....anyone can do whatever they want to whatever machine..do decals make an LE or SLE? No. Hell, put SW decals on if you want...

Star wars doesnt have an identical playfield.

Point is the differences are skin deep. If he likes the look of the SLE or LE art, throw it on.

1 week later
#8925 6 years ago

played a couple games last night. Magnet still pretty hit or miss on grabbing the ball when you hit batphone...I feel like this would be something easy to fix...My sparky magnet on MET PRE was almost 100%...

#9024 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok last health update on me here on this my favorite Pinside thread. After a successful “craniotomy” last Thursday (tumor removed) I got the call that I had been stressing about since my diagnosis.. my pathology report, It turns out my tumor which was the size of a lemon was a benign grade 1 tumor (not cancer) which was the best possible news I could have received. I was able to sit down with my Daughter and tell her that her dad didn’t have cancer which was a pretty special moment. I can’t begin to say how lucky I feel and considering that 1 week ago I was in ICU recovering from brain surgery and today I am resting at home. I am still struggling with my speech a bit as it can be difficult for me sometimes to put my thoughts into words and I am dealing with some serious headaches but all things considered I feel very very lucky!!
Fun fact I got off of my anti seizure meds 2 days ago and finally me and my Bat Dog (Noah) went and played my BM66 and I beat my all time high score! The thing is that I have never been a great pinball player and have always struggled with making consistent shots, it seems that this tumor was pushing on an area that affected my motor function because I am hitting shots and playing better and more consistently than I ever have!
On a side note I am probably going to have to think about a different hairstyle.

wow. absolutely amazing dude. phew!!!!!

#9045 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

From Stern of the Union today, a new preview code release will be shown at TPF next weekend. Those in attendance report back
Sounds like our next update will be a few weeks off yet.

Not possible. They are updating BM66 code every other week.

Does not compute. Does not compute.

3 weeks later
#9404 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

For those interested:
“Batman ’66 – We will be releasing in the next couple of weeks the sneak peek code from the Texas Pinball Festival show in addition to even more content!”
http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-april-2018

So much for updates every two weeks...Doesnt really bother me since the game is in pretty good shape...Just frustrating Stern keeps making promises they cant keep.

1 year later
#14715 4 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Got the Amor Back today... Purple sparkle[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Curious how much it cost and how hard it was to pull off the machine?

1 week later
#14865 4 years ago
Quoted from ChippyWonka:

Wow. Another douchebag pinsider! Opinions change. But pimply geeks don’t. I bet you got stuffed in lockers in school. Have you touched a vagina you didn’t pay for yet?

You gave the game 2/10 two weeks ago and now you want to buy it?

Am I reading all of this correctly?

#14875 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Guys and gals.....there are already dozens of threads about the good/evil Stern Pinball corporation and their business practices. Let's get back on the topic at hand: The greatness that is Batman 66!!!

Doesn’t BM66 need functional node boards to be great though?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfactory2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=pinfactory2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.