Topic Stats

• 15,576 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by frickfrack
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,334 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

batcat (resized).jpg
166e4fcab50b21e00aa7ac0c4b79c73b69df5dc8 (resized).jpg
20200215_141106 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20200211_184312 (resized).jpg
55BF4C3F-3B8F-43FF-A6D2-A860D94159ED (resized).jpeg
flash (resized).JPG
20200209_121310 (resized).jpg
20200209_114529 (resized).jpg
20200205_231750 (resized).jpg
20200205_231712 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200205_210745_01 (resized).jpg
20200205_195810 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200205_193505_01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200205_183718_01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (3 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (3 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (3 years ago)

Post #1649 How to level the turntable mech on Batman 66. Posted by rlslick (3 years ago)

Post #1658 Version 0.69 code released Posted by PinB (3 years ago)

Post #1914 How to Diagnose "Stuck Joker" targets. Posted by vireland (2 years ago)

Post #2008 Version 0.70 Code released Posted by frolic (2 years ago)

Post #2353 Version 0.71 Code released Posted by frolic (2 years ago)

Post #2556 Version 0.75 Code released Posted by vireland (2 years ago)

Post #2755 Game Adjustment #139 for Enabling Attract Mode Music Posted by thundergod76 (2 years ago)

Post #2873 Link to announcement of Batman'66 Accessories. Posted by Rasavage (2 years ago)

Post #2926 BatSignal Beacon information. Posted by MK6PIN (2 years ago)

Post #3369 docquest's full helicopter guide. Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

I'm pretty picky

Thanks I couldn't tell....

#706 3 years ago

if you shine a super bright light and take photos of any playfield as a specific angle, you will see dimples you didn't know existed. Hard to say if these are within the "normal" range or not. The magnet dimpling is strange....

#859 3 years ago

All - @randomkg got his LE today. We will be streaming the game at 7PM EST today 1/18/17 until we get tired.

http://www.twitch.tv/gapinball

IMG_0180 (resized).JPG

IMG_0181 (resized).JPG

IMG_0182 (resized).JPG

IMG_0183 (resized).JPG

#1025 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Got my topper yesterday. Getting my pin finally tomorrow.
Wondering if R & L F ed it up somehow. Sat in Dallas for several days until i called and inquired wtf?

You need to stay on top of those local shipping depots. They wil sit on it if they are under the quoted delivery window. I like to call them the minute I know they have it.

#1026 3 years ago

So - Did they ditch the headphone jack on Spike 2? I helped my buddy set up his BM66 LE and the headphone jack wasn't in the normal Spike location.

#1140 3 years ago

Those 5 games are an All-Star Stern lineup for sure!

2 weeks later
#1554 3 years ago

Stop with the dimple talk!

10 months later
#7764 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Awesome welcome to the club! Be sure to read the 2 service bulletins from Stern and check out Yelobird and Docquest must have mods.

Service Bulletins were form November - He should be fine with a December date.

#7766 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Feedback from you guys : ever since the Joker mode got fleshed out a few updates ago, I’m finding it very difficult to complete both orange shots as soon as his mode begins. The batmobile spinner counts as a qualifying shot in his mode progress and cancels out any orange shots available. Since the entire turntable has to rotate once you start his mode, I can stand completely away from the machine and not touch it, and the turntable moving into position will jar the batmobile spinner just enough to almost always register a hit.
We all know that it doesn’t line itself up correctly very often so any slight movement or bump will cause it to register a hit and cancel the orange shots.
If Lyman reads this, might I suggest removing the batmobile spinner as a valid shot on Joker mode until after one other purple qualifying shot is hit and turn spinner back to valid. It would eliminate all the spinner registers killing orange shot chances.

[email protected]

4 weeks later
#8416 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

so the rumors lately is no Elvira this year. Do you think that is because Lyman is still finishing BM66, and then he needs a good chuck of time for Elvira, so they don't repeat the same mistake? Would make sense to me. Would also set up Elvira for an awesome launch, if later than expected.

How does the Dennis Nordman "exclusive" deeproot deal impact Elvira? I wonder how he can make a game for Stern with he was announced as "exclusive" to deeproot?

1 year later
#14887 3 months ago

In the club with a Catwoman! Loving this game. I have played it a lot since launch and happy to see where the code is and glad to have her in my gameroom.

FFC11977-042E-42A1-8114-FCB86656EBB4 (resized).jpeg
#14892 3 months ago

Did Stern stop selling the accessories for Batman? I don't see them on the website. I was considering the armor or maybe the bat signal.

#14897 3 months ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

It seems most official Stern accessories are sold out most everywhere. You'll just need to search vendors to see who has anything left in stock. Toppers are pretty much not available. I know the B&R that came on the LE and SLE you will only find from someone willing to sell their off their game. As for the Stern bat signal, look around on Ebay. I know Gameroom guys was selling a few of them at one time. The side rails can be custom made for you. Good Luck

Thanks. Is the Bat Signal projector topper that Stern was selling game interactive?

#14903 3 months ago

Can someone help me understand when to use the penguin crane motor lag adjustment? I have noticed that sometimes the penguin crane doesn't stop in the correct spot. Usually this is in the 1st or 2nd position from the resting spot on the right.

#14943 3 months ago

The Stern Villain (Premium accessory) topper and the Stern Bat-signal projector topper are not available anywhere that I have found. Maybe a couple distros have backstock they haven't listed yet.

This is the Villain one they sold as an accessory

bm (resized).png
#14955 3 months ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Hi Again,
On my new BM66 coming my way it has the nice bat signal on the top. Has anyone spruced up the top with a topper plus the bat signal ?
For example with the Mezel mod fit in front of the signal piece? Any ideas would be grateful.
So many pages to filter thru....
Thanks.

The Stern BatSignal topper is designed to be behind the accessory topper so I would imagine you would be able to put a flat topper in front of it as long as it isn’t too deep. I installed mine today. Last one I could find out there.
16F330AB-8179-4CCC-9BC4-D8153864573A (resized).jpeg

2F5DC8B5-071E-4CFF-A84E-D07761426BD8 (resized).jpeg
#14957 3 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

That looks different than what I've seen before. On yours, it looks like the area around the bat logo is yellow. Is it actually yellow or does it just look that way due to the ligthing when you took the pic? The Stern ones I've seen before looked white.

It definitely looks more yellow in the photo for some reason. Maybe because my wall color isn’t white?

#14990 3 months ago

Anyone looking to sell a premium topper please shoot me a PM. Thanks!

#15005 3 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Size of the stick makes a difference.

90A9CB3F-BB8C-44AD-AB07-E39E22D6F186 (resized).jpeg

#15008 3 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there a coin door decal for BM66? I know our LEs didn’t come with one or the original runs but do the Catwoman editions come with one or more recent runs?

Nothing on Catwoman. Stern has not released stock coin door decals for a long time. Maybe the SAM days.

#15040 3 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Anybody playing pinball in their Batman action figure display case?!

Love the passion but way too much toy talk lately. I remember when I bought my first few machines and tried to shove everything into it. Learned my lesson on that.

Don’t expect to get 10% of your mod investments when you sell the machine. It’s just the way it is.

#15042 3 months ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

This is something a lot of people can't wrap their heads around on any game. The amount of return does depends on what you put into it. Figures are probably close to the 10% mark, but shakers, blades and ColorDMD are not a near-total loss.

Agreed. PDI glass and color DMD are two “mods” that hold 80% of their value. The rest do not unfortunately.

#15063 87 days ago
Quoted from JRM1:

And the latest Stern of the Union has. I mention of BM66 code updates. I really wanted more episodes and a light show. Love this game.

You want more content? I thought pretty much all the episodes are represented in the current code?

#15069 87 days ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I’ve had my B66 Catwoman Edition for about 3 weeks now. Absolutely loving it. I’m so so SO glad I sold my TSPP (plus some rare video games) for it.
Two questions:
1. I understand dimpling is an issue with this game. Mine is dimpling A LOT. As in every game gives me new dimples. Is this normal?
2. I have not taken the plastic protector off the mini screen or the autographed card. Obviously the card is probably for the best for protection, but what about the screen? The air goes airborne a lot so I’m thinking the protection will help but maybe this screen will overheat or something if I leave it on?
Thank you very much in advance.

1. Yes. Perfectly normal.

2. Having shipping film over the mini LCD sounds like the image wouldn’t be crisp. Leave it on the card if you want but I can’t imagine how the plastic card holder would be damaged sitting there.

Just play your game and enjoy it.

#15075 86 days ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Over the past weekend I installed the Bat Signal to my Premium BM66. Is there a way to turn off the signal when the game is not in play?

Did you buy the Stern one for the Premium? Does "game is not in play" mean attract mode? I don't remember seeing a setting in the menus for the BatSignal.

#15104 84 days ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

It does all that. What I am trying to see if there is a setting for is when I am not playing the game but the machine is left on, the signal stays on. I would prefer the signal not to stay on when not playing.

There is no setting currently to choose that the signal stays on or off during attract mode. I think it looks awesome always on in attract mode. You can email Stern software to request it be added as an adjustment.

[email protected]

#15114 84 days ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

They didnt offer but I didnt ask. I was too pissed and it just slipped my mind. I asked if it was covered under warranty. I told them my build date and they said it wasnt covered. I bought my own replacement. I bought a couple extra boards for my only 2 games. If either one blows another board they will be fixed and then sold. I'm not keeping thousands of dollars of dead pinballs in my house. And I'm certainly not going to keep buying these Way overpriced boards either.

Only 150 plays? What is the build date?

#15117 82 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sorry to hear about your node board. Unfortunately I think the node boards are going to be the cause of many premature deaths for Spike games.
Stern seems to have no interest in having readily available inexpensive compatible node boards as the original marketing for the Spike system implied.
I now have two Spike 2 games but am not willing to gamble any more that I won’t have viable games in 5-10 years. I’ve got 3 node 8/9 boards as insurance which just means that the game specific nodes for Batman or Elvira are going to be the ones that fail on me

Node boards can be repaired by people with the right knowledge, skills, and equipment. The schematics have been released.

#15119 82 days ago
Quoted from JimB:

And Stern doesn’t offer this repair service because?

Because they are a pinball manufacturing company.

#15122 82 days ago

I have received multiple node boards form Stern free of charge. Not over two years into ownership. That’s why I was wondering what that build date was. Almost all node board failures I have experienced personally or seen from a local operator friend have been early life failures. That’s why the only Spike used game I would be nervous about buying is one that is over 2 years old with super low plays.

#15135 78 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

That was short-lived. 10-20 games in and neither joker target works. I am getting a joker target 2 error (switch 78 iirc).

Make sure you are on the latest code. In 1.05 it fixed a false Joker switch error. Some games have separate switches and others it was combined into one switch.

V1.05.0 - Nov. 7, 2019
======================

- Joker #2 switch will no longer complain in the tech alert, as some games
were made without this switch.

#15140 77 days ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

From what I've read in the node board thread, no one has figured it out yet. It would be awesome if you helped out those with dead boards by providing the name of the person doing repairs.

Send borygard a PM. He does repairs.

#15146 76 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Hmmm, now that is interesting. What pitch do you have the game set at? I have mine at 7 degrees. Can you post a picture of your ball lock area when the turntable is in position to lock balls?
Rob

First thing to check - is the turntable level with the playfield all the way around 360 degrees? Also make sure your diverter is functioning properly.

1 month later
#15374 34 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Depends on how often you want to gamble....... Love the risk reward code direction on this game. I will say you will see some Awesome animations and points and points if you gamble.

I pretty much ALWAYS continue the major villains until the end. You see way more clips and can get a TON more points. The only time I don't is when its ball 3 and I want the extra ball after beating the second villain.

2 weeks later
#15495 17 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A suggestion that Would make your game pop! As you have the all stainless wire forms, changing those up to look more like the LE or CE version would for sure change up the Batcave so to speak. You could send yours out Or simply order a new replacement set from Marco. I personally Love the way the LE wire form colors look on the game. Good luck with your decision.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-9974-02

Cool that these are available, but a little too rich for my blood.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside