IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2916 6 years ago

Premiums are definitely not selling because of the code. I like the art and the theme but won't be a buyer unless the code becomes a home run. Especially since it has a higher price tag. With other Lyman games it's usually 9-12 months when you get the really game changing update so I'm hoping all of the owners get it soon.

#2925 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Technically it was just a statement...I don't think he made a promise....lol

Maybe he had his fingers crossed behind his back when he said it.

No way around it, Gomez said regular updates with the goal of ever 2 weeks until this game is finished. Stern once again has not even remotely lived up to their statements when it comes to code. I'm really liking my AS, but I waited until I had seen enough of the code to know I would be happy with it before buying. I'd love to own a awesomely coded BM66 and will buy one if that happens. My money won't be spent based on sterns BS promises though. Seeing is believing.

#2994 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Aerosmith was impressive because:
1. Everyone thought it would suck before they saw it.
2. See #1 3000 more times.
3. It was delivered in a very complete shape compared to most recent stern releases.
4. It has a lot of redeeming qualities and is fun enough to shoot.
5. Surprise, it's not awful.
B66 gets hate because of the price, the release method and it's incompleteness. Basically, it's the opposite of AERO, but B66 will easily be a better game in the long term.

You can't look into the future and know what BM66 is going to be. You are just hoping that it will be that way. People like AS because it's a really good game, not because of anything else. No game is going to be for everyone but when buying a game you had better buy based on the current state, not based on what you hope it becomes. I hope BM66 does turn out awesome, thats certainly not a sure thing though. AS is doing well because it's already really good. If you like that style of game you don't have to hope it works out with AS.

Stern just needs to get the code knocked out and the sales the start to pick up. Until then not many premiums are going to sell. I'm a buyer if they can get the code in great shape.

#3032 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That Super LE sold for $14k on eBay. I thought these were supposed to sell for 1/2 price according to the army of haters. Still $1k short of original price, but that's not bad given the game is not finished.

It's holding value pretty well and it definitely helps that there was a much small # of LEs on this game. With eBay fees the guy still took a pretty good loss though. Happens with almost all nib games though.

1 month later
#4167 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Just a what if scenario. What if Lyman is coding Guardians of the Galaxy for Expo reveal?
I still cannot believe Borg is up next with Guardians if it is genuine and have a hard time believing Lyman would be coding it, but what if?

Not really that unbelievable. Aerosmith had clearly been pushed back to get BM66 out for the expo party and that's why it is a much more polished game. Borg has likely been done with his part of AS for a long time. It's a very poorly kept secret the Lyman is at least to some extent already working on Elvira. Doesn't mean he's not also working on BM66.

What I've heard is listed below. GOTG is definitely next and is definitely Borg. The next 3 could come in any order as all 3 have been cooking for a while.

GOTG Borg, (unknown coder but likely Lonnie, and hopeful;;y ZY art)
Elvira 3 Dennis, Greg, Lyman (rumored to be the next super LE)
Trudeau next Kapow game either Beatles or Munsters
Mark Ritchie Pulp Fiction
Keith Iron Maiden?

Now hurry up and finish BM66 as I won't buy one until it is a lot closer to complete.

#4170 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think Trudeau and Yeti have teamed up again on Iron Maiden
Keith and Franchi on Kapow
We shall see!

Trudeau is done, and if it's true he deserves much worse.

1 week later
#4422 6 years ago

I do not doubt this to be true and that they are working hard on code with the resources that they have. It is painfully obvious that not enough resources at stern are being spent on code updates. Not sure how stern doesn't come to this realization other then it's just not a huge priority for them. Games with great code continue to sell for years. Ones without do not. Seems like it would be good for business to do a better job on code.

I want a BM66 premium. Get the code were it needs to be and you will get my money, otherwise it's staying safe in my account.

1 month later
#5440 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I can't go into specifics, but I do spend a bit of time each week or two with a couple of the Stern coders due to other mutual activities we are involved in. Some of you already suspect this based on the emails I got after a previous few posts. I try very hard to stay away from asking any specifics about games out of courtesy to them, as they are prohibited from saying much, and I do not want to put anyone into an uncomfortable position. But, in a general conversation, we have talked in great length about the length of time it takes to code a game, and the steps they have to go through. Again, I cannot go into specifics, but there are a few things to take into consideration when making the kind of assumptions outlined above.
SPIKE is a newer system for the folks at Stern, and on top of that, they added a completely new engine to run all of the video for the LCD. The programmers are still learning the new system, and it takes a lot of time to code to something you have not seen before. There is a lot of trial and error, and they make mistakes and refinements along the way. With both BM66 and SW, there is a lot of video and audio to work with, and I am told the number of lines of code to run pins like SW and BM66 is over 10 times the number of lines that exist in the older DMD games. In fact, I know the code was taking up enough room that they had to start being selective on what video and audio was included in the initial load. I also know for a fact (because I have been there) that a lot of the engineering and code staff work a lot of very long days and short nights to get this code and these games out the door. Lyman is not working on Elvira...there may be some others that are, but he is not yet. His sole focus is BM66. Again, I try very hard to stay away from trying to garner some inside knowledge...I don't want to take advantage of the relationship, but it kills me when people think they know a fact, simply based on their own opinion. Gomez screwed up with his remark and he has publicly stated he would love to have it back. But that doesn't brand him a liar, and he has also said time and time again that Lyman was solely focused on BM66, yet people still choose to believe what they decide to be the truth based on no real fact.
Yes this all sucks, and yes I was led to believe earlier that code was going to come more often, but no one intentionally lied. It was a simple case of someone at the top changing their mind and making the decision to take this out to a more developed code before a release goes out. I want the code as bad as the next guy, but making assumptions is not going to get it to us any quicker. I am sure it will be great when it is finished, and we need to keep in mind the long hours these guys put in. All you need to do is spend 20 minutes talking to guys like Gomez, Dwight, Steve Ritchie, etc, and you see their eyes light up and they ooze passion for everything pinball. They are a very good bunch of folks that take pride in what they love to do, and it shows. Don't blame them all for decisions made by a management team. None of them want a legacy of bad games with unfinished code. I probably said more than I should have, but I see these guys all of the time in their offices at 10pm and beyond without an exaggeration.

I have no doubt that they are good people that work hard. I have huge amounts of doubt that Lyman is working solely on BM66 and Gomez being vague gives me even more doubt. If what you say is true about new games taking 10 times longer to code then stern should be saying that and introducing us to the new team members that are going to help keep new code rolling out.

If it takes 10 times more work then we can just forget about sterns commitment to code as future games will never get much in the way of updates.

#5485 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I didn't say it took 10 times as long to write. I said there were 10 times the number of lined of code.

Ok, but you implied it is much harder and takes longer. That means more resources are needed, right? You also implied the coders are working their buts off which also implies more resources are needed.

At this point stern seems to be considering BM66 a failure and moving on.

#5506 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

And there are a lot of folks here that would be mighty disappointed if they did that. If you have ever coded any kind of large project, you would know it isn't easy to just have multiple people working on the same thing. A coder puts their own personality into things and it is hard to keep that using different people. But with that said, I do know they have hiredd additional resources, and I know one is being or already has been assigned to work with Lyman.

Thanks for sharing, that is great news.

1 month later
#6840 6 years ago

Been watching this one from afar for a long time. Finally going to make the jump. If anyone has a nicely modded premium or LE for sale please shoot me a pm. If one doesn't pop up I'll just grab a premium from my distro at some point in the next couple of months.

2 weeks later
#7273 6 years ago

I'll be joining the club on Monday. Kept putting it off waiting on code. Finally code is at a point that I think I'd be happy with so I pulled the trigger on a premium.

4 weeks later
#7841 6 years ago

Just updated and tried out the new code. Game is really starting to come together.

IMG_20180107_090834256_BURST001 (resized).jpgIMG_20180107_090834256_BURST001 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180107_090818679 (resized).jpgIMG_20180107_090818679 (resized).jpg

#7843 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Had some great games on the .85 code yesterday.
The 2 additional minor villains really add variety, and its exciting to think that there are a bunch more yet to come.
The channel changing really comes in handy now, because I want to watch and listen to the new modes, so I have the ability to do that.
All the additional clips and call outs are really starting to make the game stand out.
I realized, Batman66 has:
-thousands of TV show clips
-Original call outs from Adam West
-Original call outs from Burt Ward
-Original call outs from the announcer sound alike, who will do pinball specific call outs in that voice "Super Jackpot is lit... or is it?"
-Licensed music, Batman theme
This game will absolutely go down as the best theme integration ever for a pinball. It isn't missing anything.

Theme integration is over the top on this one. Just goes to show what can happen when a company is all in on a license and the licenser is all in with the company. Shame it doesn't come together like this more often. Here's to hoping all of the Kapow licensed games can come close.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.