Topic Stats

• 15,138 posts
  • 565 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 218 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,237 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2D112881-7F43-4C63-AC2D-A4736D2A84EA (resized).png
C47FA0BD-F632-49B1-BD9E-97C8DCCA7A7B (resized).jpeg
4A0193DF-8C14-471E-8CB0-8B33BE289F34 (resized).jpeg
dimple ij (resized).JPG
69DD9416-FBF7-4ADD-8316-BD88152E36EB (resized).jpeg
15755812303958123643281727273042 (resized).jpg
F8DE2267-3533-4500-9545-CEAB9A43148F (resized).jpeg
F846EBE9-E794-4BC9-9D61-4494CA921424 (resized).jpeg
image2 (1) (resized).jpeg
image3 (1) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
921e5611b23739bdfed6ee3e32405fb458ae1af8 (resized).jpg
86325759-196B-4DE6-8F07-6693CA8A48DB (resized).jpeg
7B224F91-4D25-4073-89A8-2B1A168B22C4 (resized).jpeg
7B4B35B6-F7BC-42DB-9447-876E0E4DF2D7 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (2 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (2 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (2 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (2 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (2 years ago)

Post #1649 How to level the turntable mech on Batman 66. Posted by rlslick (2 years ago)

Post #1658 Version 0.69 code released Posted by PinB (2 years ago)

Post #1914 How to Diagnose "Stuck Joker" targets. Posted by vireland (2 years ago)

Post #2008 Version 0.70 Code released Posted by frolic (2 years ago)

Post #2353 Version 0.71 Code released Posted by frolic (2 years ago)

Post #2556 Version 0.75 Code released Posted by vireland (2 years ago)

Post #2755 Game Adjustment #139 for Enabling Attract Mode Music Posted by thundergod76 (2 years ago)

Post #2873 Link to announcement of Batman'66 Accessories. Posted by Rasavage (2 years ago)

Post #2926 BatSignal Beacon information. Posted by MK6PIN (2 years ago)

Post #3369 docquest's full helicopter guide. Posted by docquest (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#711 2 years ago

Stern should only respond with a new pf is in the mail, please use the same box and return your old pf. We will test the new one to make sure you will not have issues. Plus here's some extra swag, we appreciate you as our customer and will make sure you are taken care of.

Hell, they should give you a sle pf for your troubles.

1 week later
#1002 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

The broken one in the pic is a comet Optmax purple that I replaced the stock (broken) LED just 2 nights ago

Flat top is the bare SMD of a 44 bulb ... no dome cover (see image)
I think these will work better as there is nothing for the ball/sling rubber to lever against as its too low. We will see

Take out the clear washers. The sling plastics are too high. With orange protectors you do not need the washers.

#1013 2 years ago

They only made 240 and it seems they have 2-3 percent with issues. This is way too high.

#1017 2 years ago

I think I've seen someone else with the same card.

IMAG0226 (resized).jpg

IMAG0227 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1248 2 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Can someone post a pic how the hot wheels copter is attached to the wire with zip ties.
And how is the bat cycle attached?

I used a coat hangar and mounted it. I think it looks good. I put the rod down the toy and then bent it. Added an extra washer. Need things to do besides playing the putrid code.

IMAG0231 (resized).jpg

#1300 2 years ago

Where's the new code?

#1307 2 years ago

These quality issues are a frikkin joke.

I think all Stern games should ship with this. It adds about $2.00 to the cost so uncle Gary may want to use an off brand instead.

vasoline1 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#1771 2 years ago

Mounting helicopter pics using a cut hanger. Cut a piece of hanger about 7 inches. Put the end down the tail. Bend the at the foot. Run wire down to nut and washer. Remove nut and washer. Make a u with and sandwich between nut and washer.

IMAG0265 (resized).jpg

IMAG0263 (resized).jpg

IMAG0261 (resized).jpg

IMAG0231 (resized).jpg

4 months later
#3313 2 years ago

I think it will be awhile. Hoping Aerosmith and BM66 both get updates soon.

#3320 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Rumour is the next Kapow will be Munsters or Beatles, surely if Stern have any sense (which is questionable at this point) they need to get BM66 in good shape if they want future SLE models to be successful?
It is tragic really just how bad Stern are at customer service and social media interaction with their customer base.

But that's probably next year. We will see what happens. Sometimes they get it done before the next title.

We will see. I big update would certainly put us at ease. I cannot see how they can give Lyman a full year plus between titles.

I do not think they can announce another Katie title until this on is close to finished. I think that will blow up big time on them.

#3325 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I passed on SW and AS because of this,bought a Di and couldn't be happier and when I bend down to turn the game on the switch is still where it has always been, shame on you stern,I have put up with there shenanigans long enough even the customer support has taken a dive in recent years ,jjp just gave woz an code update after 4 years and there customer support is the tops imho and pricing is similar except for stern pro.

Competition is definitely hurting Stern. All of it is so solvable with up-front communication with customers.

We are all a forgiving bunch.

#3422 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

We need code!!! Please !!

Its only been about two months. Code takes time I give up hoping. It will happen at some point. This is the longest by far between updates.

1 week later
#3584 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Absolutely, Lyman will be more than happy to make that happen, but it will mean another delay, and another letter from Gomez............lol

Thevwait is just not acceptable. It's way too long between updates for this flagship title that Stern is hoping to release several more as the cost is extremely high.

It will get done, but I'm thinking it won't be finished for another year or more.

Next update should be big maybe even to. 86, bit there so much to do. The villain modes are important and no one knows how they will work.

#3592 2 years ago

I think it's all down. Corrected up down up down. Having vision problems as I just had eye surgery

IMAG0563 (resized).jpg

#3623 2 years ago

I went and took better pics. It's up down up. See pics and screen grabs attached.

IMAG0588 (resized).jpg

IMAG0590 (resized).jpg

IMAG0591 (resized).jpg

#3638 2 years ago

Fingers crossed

#3689 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

After watching the SW Premium stream last night, it left me feeling even more confident I made the right purchase.
Big BM66 fan and huge SW fan, jumped on BM66 ahead of SW because Lyman was coding and because of the limited availability, wanted the LE for its extras.
Was always worried I'd wanted SW more but after seeing the Premium, BM66 is the better game imo, when it comes to theme integration BM66 knocks SW out the park.

Yep SW is a dream theme. It's a slight miss with long ball times and the lack of a main toy. There should have been something cool behind the drop targets.

I believe we will learn someday that there were moving targets behind them that got mixed, but that's pure speculation.

#3715 2 years ago

I hope we see code next week.

#3722 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

this is what irritates me about Stern. There is simply no reason for them not to talk to us. I'd love to know who really pulls the strings and decides not to communicate because it makes zero sense. If someone came to me now and said hey Neil saw your pinball thing and want to get a machine who do you recommend? Honestly right now it would be CGC and they've only been in the pinball making business for a few months - what an indictment on Stern!!
Stern say they want more people in pinball and the biggest channel they have is existing pinball geeks like us lot. I couldn't and wouldn't recommend a newbie into pinball via stern right now. Go look at the AFMr thread and all the updates Doug is giving, its nuts. Word of mouth and net promoter score is like the number one way of winning business these days unless you are Stern!
Cheers,
Neil.

But Stern has an expert marketing department that is responsible for 40 percent growth. Lol

#3739 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm just gonna put this out there, the turn table mech is one of my favorite integrated toys (or whatever you want to call it) on any pin I've played.

It is cool. The last update upped the fun factor. I've not been playing mine as I want another update to take it to the next level.

#3835 2 years ago

My inside source said "stay tuned"

#3837 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Monday and Friday have little and no chance of new code respectively. Almost all of the Gomez Drops have been on Wed or Thurs.

Will it be before summer ends?

#3972 2 years ago

How long is it now. Three plus months

#3977 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The game is absolutely sick!!! Sleeper for me, had no intention of adding it...would have been a huge mistake if I had passed....( not trying to derail BM66 thread, btw, just not real happy about the code and lack of communication, so venting a bit)
Im keeping mine as it still appeals to me, but wtf?

No Commissioner Gordon updates either. It's another failed attempt. I'm sorry but this whole situation is just pathetic. Lack of updates, ghosting is okay, and the general cheapening all around. I think the tipping point is here for most of us. Too many options for this to keep going on.

The KISS update was a joke. SW is bare and gets code. Aerosmith people need an update that was promised, and BM66 is taking forever

All Stern needs to do is tell us an approximate date. That they are a couple weeks out, or are testing the latest update. Let us know if there are bugs. It's so much better than this BS.

#4006 2 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

MK6PIN - I was just having a little fun with my comments and video link. I haven't watched that clip in awhile, funny stuff from Bill Murray. Anyway, I have no doubt the code will meet our expectations. The code willl be done when it's done.

It's tough as I'm thinking they have to have Lyman on the next game at some point.

I know it will get done, but worry we are looking at years until full completion.

#4100 2 years ago

3 months without an update is in two days.

#4134 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You've got a higher level of tolerance than I do. My breaking point on this one was four months ago.

I'm ready to break now. The not communicating is piss poor

Here's the lowdown
1. Stern wants to release 3 games a year
2. Spooky makes 2 games a year
3. Homepin may release 1 a year
4. JJP 1 a year
5. Heighway 1 a year
6. American Pinball 1 a year
7. Chicago Gaming 1 a year
8. Dutch is making more TBL again

That's approximately 10 games a year. There is no way the market can support this many titles and piss poor communication and quality issues are going to hurt.

So Stern has limited time to change their communication strategy or they risk losing several of us as customers. They move into a bigger building with more overhead. It doesn't make any sense the way things are run.

Just be honest with your customers and give us updates. 3 months and no communication is poor even by the already low standards this is sad.

#4139 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm a bit more worried about Hurricane Harvey right now. It's barreling down on Port Aransas, a barrier island just north of Corpus Christi.
I've got a house there and just hope it survives! Should be ok, in a development and house is a bit back from the dunes, not right on beach thankfully.
We are gonna get flooded up here in Boerne too.
I stocked up on beer for the weekend, wife is taking oldest daughter back up to school and it will be a long rain soaked pinball weekend for me.

Best of luck and hoping all stays okay and everything just gets a little wet with no damage.

#4152 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It is simple unbelievable that Stern don't communicate more with their customer base. Understandable 10 plus years ago but times have changed. They have time to write all sorts of junk on FB but they just can't give information on code updates which is what all their home use customers want.
Is it really too much? KISS was a fiasco but they might still be working on it..... why not tell us? And obviously BM66 - like others I suspect this game is going to be great and I kind of regret not buying an LE that came up local but the code stopped me.
Maybe with Zach joining, things will begin to change??!!

I think it's simple. They want to be able to abandon games and not be held accountable.

I was told Aerosmith was being worked on and that Lonnie had five weeks to put an update out. This was four months ago and we never got code.

If they commit to finishing code or post an update is coming, then they have to do it. By keeping us in the dark, they can just abandon a game.

Lyman is why we all bought because we knew we get finished code some year. Now the next cornerstone game is around the corner I expect the next update will be the last on this year.

#4165 2 years ago

Just a what if scenario. What if Lyman is coding Guardians of the Galaxy for Expo reveal?

I still cannot believe Borg is up next with Guardians if it is genuine and have a hard time believing Lyman would be coding it, but what if?

#4175 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

HOLY SHIT BATMAN

Yep he's gone for sure. I'd like to see Dennis Nordman back at Stern.

#4204 2 years ago

I may do the right wireform in green.

#4209 2 years ago

My thoughts are I can powder coat it a this color as we have it at our business.

Same color as the force gauge.

What does anyone think?

Screenshot_20170826-234849 (resized).png

#4220 2 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Long holiday weekend coming up. It sure seems like the right time to release the long anticipated Batmen 66 code update. Positive thinking starting now.

We can hope, but I'm not holding my breath.

#4226 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Now all we need is a Delorean at 88 MPH to go back 50 years to get it ...

So wrong. We need to go 88 MPH to go ahead 3 years to get it. Haha

#4232 2 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

First, I'm glad Iceman made it through the storm alright. Hurricanes are serious business and everyone should consider what part we can do to help those impacted.
As for Batman 66, I'm beginning to lose hope. Like most of us, I've been a big supporter of this title, but approaching 100 days since an update is all kinds of frustrating with the game still so bare. Something from Lyman, ANYTHING, at this point would be a shot in the arm.

Amen. I cannot believe the lack of communication on this.

#4236 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i cant see how stern can sellout another sle the way they are treating this title.
its very bad business and the optics are just terrible.

Let's hope they do a 180 and fix the communication and other issues. I think this is a critical time in the industry and six to eight titles per year from all options is going to force one or multiple companies to go under.

STERN has a new building which raises overhead. They have more and more growing tired of their current practices. My hope is that they take a little less profit and give us feature packed games, finish code, and start communicating.

After all, sales keep people working and a little less profit on a lot of sales may result in more net profit overall.

My opinion is that right now is the time to change. If it remains business as usual, the doors will close within a few years. If they do a 180, someone else will close.

It's simple really, the market was growing, but that brought on new companies with lots of options. The money will go to someone, but its not all going to Stern anymore.

#4331 2 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I really thought they were going to drop some code today..... oh well, off to enjoy the long weekend.

With zero communication no one knows when code is coming.

#4337 2 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Even with communication, no one knows when code is coming.

What have they said besides its coming and stay tuned.

#4347 2 years ago

Interested as well.

#4379 2 years ago

I'm going to do the right wireform in a dark purple. Powder is $15 for a half pound. Figure that should do it. I may do both back gates as well.

IMAG0660 (resized).jpg

#4393 2 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

The next update sounds like it's going to be worth the wait. Thanks for posting!

If Lyman is on it full time. I'd like confirmation of this.

#4403 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Lyman is not on Batman '66 code exclusively. Hasn't been for months.

How do you know this? I heard rumblings, but nothing for sure.

#4412 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Also heard same in that seems like Lyman is working on Elvira 3 as well.
Do any of the Stern programmers work full time on one game? I doubt it really.

I doubt it, but they should be full time until the Alpha code is done.

#4456 2 years ago

Another week.

#4511 2 years ago

Interested as well

#4572 2 years ago

Guess it's not this week then.

#4600 2 years ago

New rumor is no GOTG at Expo. I'm curious if this is because Lyman is not done with BM66 yet.

#4640 2 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

Batgirl bust fits perfectly. Extreme double-sided tape. The riddler is next.

What he said. I want one

#4710 2 years ago

Wow. 120 days.

I heard they are not announcing the new game. So we will see.

My guess is Lyman is helping on GOTG and they cannot push that until BM66 is done.

The smart play would be having AS, BM66 and Star Wars done. Maybe even GOT and GB updates and come to Expo with the message we are committed to finishing games.

I'd still announce the next game to build excitement.

#4714 2 years ago

Well let's hope we get something soon.

#4741 2 years ago

I'd like to add speaker lights.

#4761 2 years ago

pulled the ramp and put in batcycle.

Going to do purple powder on right ramp and shooter assembly.

I want to add that bat girl bust on the left. Any idea on where to get it?

Plus I heard code is coming soon, but no dates. I expect it will not show up this week.

IMAG0694 (resized).jpg

IMAG0693 (resized).jpg

#4798 2 years ago

I just picked a $15 purple that looked like it matched the play field color. I'll have pics next week.

#4812 2 years ago

I heard Star Wars and BM66. No Aerosmith update is coming.

My purple wireform.

Screenshot_20170928-190419 (resized).png

#4841 2 years ago

bring on the code. put in wireform and shooter housing. Added flipper fidelity speakers and a motorcycle.

Waiting on bat girl bust, but now it just needs code.

IMAG0703 (resized).jpg

IMAG0702 (resized).jpg

IMAG0701 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5018 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Why so harsh about X-Men
awesome game!

It was horrible for over a year. Probably the worst coded game on release next to BM66.

#5088 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Future boutique releases by Stern won't be rushed out the door. This was only due to the 30th anniversary.

I think the damage is done. Lyman is working on Elvira and it shows. Does anyone believe he has been full time on BM66? No way with about 5 full months that the code would not be done. No way! Code will get finished, but my guess is it will be a long time and on Lyman's free time.

The only hope is that people bring it up at Expo and as consumers we force the change.

I'm currently loving Star Wars Premium right now. Seems Dwight may be the safest bet out of the gate anymore.

#5113 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

+1 if it doesn't drop this week then their word means f'k all moving forward....

I'm betting it doesn't drop.

#5114 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

There's no reason not to release it to buyers via the update mailing list at the same point any show floor games get it.
Anything else in my mind is just stupid. I would also expect some details released to buyers on the journey they've been on to get here.
And yes I'm well aware from personal experience of how long coding a game takes...

Do you think a year is enough time?

#5160 2 years ago

No code by Expo has come true. Maybe by months end?

#5163 2 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Gary Stern passing out BM66 code at Expo last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.

I saw him at 61 flavors and he said no code will be released to us for a bit. We will see if I'm right. I cannot believe it! One more day and we will know for sure, but looking highly doubtful.

#5187 2 years ago

I think Stern may be out of touch by not getting code ready for today.

#5208 2 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Well said. Until code shows up all I hear is bla bla bla bla bla bla.

End of the Month. I hope someone tells Gary about this and he walks away from the meeting tonight with the passion for getting it fixed. The only way this happens is if he has a horrible EXPO and never wants to have another one as bad again.

Be vocal if your there. Let Stern know they have to change and we want them to do well, but if they stay the same course, business will not continue as usual.

#5224 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Yeah, i don't believe they would have 0.7.0 games out there unless something big is coming later. I'm feeling positive. Its all tying into the speech later on today in my mind. Imagine if their focus this show is code and they release 5 or so different game updates all at the same time.

Will never happen. More likely they will say they have games they will update and after the next game they will have more complete code.

#5259 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If anyone has has questions to ask during Q and A post them here.

Ask what else Lyman has been doing besides BM66 code?

I want to see if they are honest or if they lie. No way BM66 is being worked on full time.

#5267 2 years ago

Hmm. Gomez says Lyman has been on BM66 full time. If true, Elvira will not be near ready at the beginning of next year. We shall see.

Seems BM66 is not progressing quickly.

#5407 2 years ago

Wow. Does anyone believe Lyman is 100 percent on BM66?

I cannot believe it. Supposedly Elvira will be close to done or finished in a few months and Lyman is coding. Just cannot believe it.

Plus the code update doesn't seem great. Seems fair at best.

#5439 2 years ago

My problem is we didn't get details. I have heard from several who know Lyman who say he is not on BM66 full time. I have no idea though as its not directly from Lyman.

The solution is to let Lyman talk about it and put this rumors to rest. Tell us why it is taking so long.

#5445 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If so, why release code now if it's already obsolete and you are starting over? That doesn't make sense.

None of it makes sense and the new update is disappointing from reviews. I cannot believe Stern can or will absorb the cost to continue with Lyman full time. The overhead is crazy.

I am not in the factory, but believe Lyman has not been full time on this. Running my own business and common sense say this is not how it's done.

No doubt we will get code, but it will be awhile and on Lyman's time.

Guardians of the Galaxy info will be announce in two weeks in reaction to JJP. The game is finished and is Borgs not Trudeau. Trudeau was working on something else that was finished, but Borg is redesigning.

If I were Stern I would have announced the next couple of titles in development. This would combat all current buying choices by allowing people to save money if they love a theme.

Otherwise, we are buying POTC, Houdini, Alien, AFMR, MMR, Thunderbird's, TNA, and Alice Cooper. Possibly buying TBL as well.

That's money going elsewhere and is only good for their competition. It just does not make sense.

If I know Stern is doing GOTG, Iron Maiden, Elvira, and Deadpool, maybe I do not buy something else. In summary the market has only so much money. Stern is letting more get away by these consistently stupid practices with code, announcements and attitude. Gary could not be further from the truth talking about barcades. Somehow they do not want to acknowledge the home market. It's so very strange.

They want to keep lines running, but the actions taken will prevent that from happening. Box of lights anyone?

#5573 2 years ago

Well I heard from a very reliable source that Lyman has been working on BM66 this entire time.

This makes me feel kinda bad.
1) If true that is a lot of man hours and cost to Stern. Anytime this kind of thing happens, they start thinking price increase.

2) I feel bad as I had heard from other sources and I hate to spread gossip, but Stern let's us do this by not addressing us directly. I do apologize.

Can Stern just communicate with us and stop all this other crap. Really, it took them a bit to acknowledge SW 0.92 code on the premium is killing the motor.

It's a no win going forward, unless they start communicating. Let Lyman come out and talk about the code and the issues.

#5587 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Holy ridiculous delay Batman!
That's inexcusable unless that's when they designed and fabricated the new node board revision (and even that seems long).

SW update may go back to version .89 per Pat. On BM66 the node boards can have issues.

1 week later
#5835 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'd be down for a properly labeled bat-graph. Maybe keeping track of villain defeats.

I think it speaks to the level of boredom since there's no code to talk about. But thank god for Excel 2010. The newer Office 2013, 2016, and Office 365 versions all suck. They'll have to pry Office 2010 from my cold, dead hands.

I'm constantly looking for things that were easy to find in 2010.

Hoping code drop tomorrow.

#5888 2 years ago

Will it happen today?

#5892 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Be patient. What's another two weeks, anyway...

My hope is the delay is to really have more than what was at expo, but I'm feeling we will be disappointed because in 5 months, we should expect more than a minor update

#6012 2 years ago

I think we are now past beta code

#6050 2 years ago

I got my Dialed In around the same time I got BM66 code. I can say I'm happy we got code, but I cannot stop playing Dialed In. I played 5 games on new BM66 and feel lots of bugs are present. My magnet hardly ever grabs the ball. Seems cashing in the bonus is not a high value. Ball lock has malfunctioned a bit.

Im thinking I need the new left ramp as my game just doesn't flow well. Seems bricky on the left.

I do like the new clips and feel the next update will fix the issues and make me want to play it more.

#6169 2 years ago

Where can I order these mods? The pinside.com store says they are not in shock.

1 week later
#6393 2 years ago

Installing speaker mod and my wiring does not match the picture. Black and red are reversed from the picture.

Am I okay to turn it on?

20171111_112453 (resized).jpg

#6394 2 years ago

Instruction picture.

20171111_112946 (resized).jpg

#6396 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just send me a PM for questions to help you quickly. Yes, for some goofy reason my previous supplier of that Spike cable flipped a coin on which color wire to install in that harness. lol You will be fine as my plugs are keyed from that point. PM me if you have any trouble. Sorry for the confusion.

I wanted to get an answer quick, but will PM you. So I assume the Grey on the top is okay and that's the power.

#6401 2 years ago

Had my game reset. Was in Joker mode level 3 and hit the mystery scoop. Game just powered off and restarted.

Curious if anyone else has had this

#6408 2 years ago

How do you adjust the power? Where is the place to turn it up a hair?

#6424 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Just installed .81. WOW!!! The game is coming together now. Lyman is giving a clinic on how much a pin can change through software and how much more fun it can be.
I dare say this can be one of Stern's best titles ever when it is done. The theme integration is just so off-the-charts and in a class of its own, and Lyman's rules and variety is really starting to shine.

I'm left very optimistic. If Lyman gives us fairly deep TV modes and Batgirl, this game is going to be awesome! 0.81 made it rather good now.

#6470 2 years ago

Finished all my mods.

20171112_091648 (resized).jpg

20171112_090315 (resized).jpg

20171112_090247 (resized).jpg

20171112_090126 (resized).jpg

20171112_090110 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#7104 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Looks great Yelobird. PayPal sent

Haha the regular BM66 is fast becoming a 12k game with all of these great mods.

Yelobird needs a buy everything kit for those new to this

1 week later
#7253 2 years ago

10 9.8 ft Amazon male to female usb cables are $30.00.

I'm going to put them in all of my newer games.

1 month later
#8130 1 year ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Getting the minor villains in and active was a good hurdle to get over for them and us.
So that leaves us still waiting to see implementation of Batusi and how the Seasons affect things right?
Definitely need something else for the crane though. At current code, its not utilized nearly enough for its space and BOM impact. I'm hoping there's some dedicated, additional mode tied to it, that gets dropped on us out of the blue. Similar to how Bat Turn took the underutilized batmobile spinner and made it interesting and useful.

I think the crane should come out in a minor villain modes here and there. Maybe just to make a shore here and there.

Maybe it can come out in Batgirl mode as her mode could require 2 shots to each Cillian to complete.

#8156 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Was just thinking about this the other day. My list is based on shot selections, video clips, music and sound effects. Shame and Bookworm are very close but Shame wins based on killer music. Hate to say it but Mr. Freeze is kinda boring. King Tut is such a great character played amazingly by Victor Buono. Could've easily been the 5th major villain. Here's my list starting with my most favorite:
King Tut
Egghead
Shame
Bookworm
Mad Hatter
Mr. Freeze

Nice list. I agree that Freeze is the worst. Id probably rank Shame one higher as I like the 2 ball multi ball.

#8176 1 year ago

Anyone know where I can get these?

FB_IMG_1516560260698 (resized).jpg

#8239 1 year ago

Hmm everyone talks about Batgirl, but a mini Alfred mode would be cool as well. Maybe tie him to making a two super skill shots? And just have a mini two shot mode like to the bat pole.

1 month later
#8869 1 year ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Even though it can frustrate the hell out if me I'm with you. All my machines are set to 3 balls.
Just love the challenge and the sense of achievement I suppose.

I do this but set the replay to award an extra ball.

1 week later
#8988 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok last health update on me here on this my favorite Pinside thread. After a successful “craniotomy” last Thursday (tumor removed) I got the call that I had been stressing about since my diagnosis.. my pathology report, It turns out my tumor which was the size of a lemon was a benign grade 1 tumor (not cancer) which was the best possible news I could have received. I was able to sit down with my Daughter and tell her that her dad didn’t have cancer which was a pretty special moment. I can’t begin to say how lucky I feel and considering that 1 week ago I was in ICU recovering from brain surgery and today I am resting at home. I am still struggling with my speech a bit as it can be difficult for me sometimes to put my thoughts into words and I am dealing with some serious headaches but all things considered I feel very very lucky!!
Fun fact I got off of my anti seizure meds 2 days ago and finally me and my Bat Dog (Noah) went and played my BM66 and I beat my all time high score! The thing is that I have never been a great pinball player and have always struggled with making consistent shots, it seems that this tumor was pushing on an area that affected my motor function because I am hitting shots and playing better and more consistently than I ever have!
On a side note I am probably going to have to think about a different hairstyle.

Man that is awesome news. You have been in my thoughts and I'm just so happy for you. Im still wishing you a speedy recovery.

On the hair. Have you seen kids styles these days? Your new style probably makes you hip and cool where before you were just becoming some old dude

#9060 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What better way to sell a ton of BM66 games at TPF with polished off code!
Gonna happen.

No way as we get 0.03 maximum is what I'm thinking.

#9071 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Just had an idea, playing my Premium with my friend, how many Pre/LE owners would pay Stern 100-250+ for a custom Burt Ward call out? I would.

How do they do that though? The SLE was supposed to have custom call outs, but I'm guessing us LE owners could install SLE code. Has anyone tried? And does the SLE have custom callouts?

#9091 1 year ago
Quoted from MattS:

The SLE number of the game comes up on the LCD when it boots so the software definitely knows what game it is in, maybe that's how they will do it?
Can LE owners confirm if their LE plaque number is anywhere on the software boot screen?

Can one install SLE code on a LE?

2 weeks later
#9377 1 year ago

I want a set as well.

2 weeks later
#9596 1 year ago

I cannot believe people are not talking about the new code. It is fantastic. Being able to select different story lines is amaze balls.

I hope Lyman let's us eventually change the defaults in the menu.

1 month later
#9965 1 year ago

Yes I'm guessing an update should be coming soon.

1 month later
#10160 1 year ago
Quoted from jorant:

This dude is spamming this product in every thread.

You put them on your Aerosmith

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside