IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fuseholder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1925 7 years ago

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Bat mods for sale. Almost made it to a premium model. Hallmark ornaments, Doc Quest spot light mod, model kit spot light topper. Shakespeare, phone for slings. Bat shield for the...”
2017-03-10
Chicago
150 (OBO)
Archived after: 43 days
Viewed: 267 times

10 months later
#8124 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Hate to nitpick but I'm hoping Lyman does something more with the light show (or lack of). It's really generic at this point. But with what they've given us recently with code, I can live with it.

I’d love to see the lights and the inserts spinning in a circle fashion for the batmobile spin around, like the bat symbol spin transition in the tv show. (Similar to the hyper space on StarWars.) Or going nuts during the joker and slow transitions with cat woman and the sultry jazz music.

8 months later
#11121 5 years ago

I’m in! Code is very good. Hopefully, more dialogue from all of the characters and Lyman pumps up the joker surf music and goes nuts with the lights and flashers. It will put this over the top. This game definitely belongs in the top 10!

0DDFD03C-F980-48AB-9730-D83739E774AE (resized).jpeg0DDFD03C-F980-48AB-9730-D83739E774AE (resized).jpeg
#11130 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok not why you posted this but I love the green back lighting in your game area way cool. Been looking for a subtle light effect for the game room and I may need to borrow that idea. Cool thanks! And yes this game is shaping up to be the pride of our collection. For certain it is the first game visitors play when they come over.

Ikea strip lights. You can dial in any color or have them slowly change colors. Usually, I have them on the bottom and back side of the pinball cabinet. They give a nice wall and floor wash of color. For now, I have them sitting on top of that power strip, until I figure my line up.

Also, about my comment regarding BM 66 playfield insert and flasher light effects. I have a Iron Maiden. It has this light sequence during the game where the inserts wave back and forth between the slings and another effect where it gives the illusion of spinning. If that type of effect was used during the multi ball fight sequence or that spinning effect for the bat turn around. It would be visually awesome.

2 weeks later
#11306 5 years ago

If they do not do any thing for the bubble on the cabinet. I’ve seen some one take a scalpel or exacto blade to the air bubble and smooth it with a bondo spreader. It was flawless to the naked eye and natural light.

#11327 5 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

One thing that is missing from the game that everyone (even non-fans) know from the show is the voiceover and music for the cliffhangers - "Is this the end of the Dynamic Duo?! How will Batman and Robin escape?! Tune in tomorrow - same Bat time, same Bat Channel!". Even just saying it aloud now brings back the excitement and trepidation I would feel watching reruns after school. It would be so cool if this was somehow incorporated into the major villain cliffhangers, or at the end of the game. The only place "same Bat time, same Bat Channel" is mentioned is on the outlanes on the playfield.

That is a fantastic idea!

3 weeks later
#11569 5 years ago

Well, I did the code update. Apparently, my diverted does not like it. This will be riveting.

48ECDC92-1DDA-4B36-811A-0A67AF6C4EE3 (resized).jpeg48ECDC92-1DDA-4B36-811A-0A67AF6C4EE3 (resized).jpeg
#11571 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wow those villains really wanted out! Shouldn’t be a tough fix. Ouch

I hope to fit the rivet gun in that area.

#11573 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just pull the,post and install outside of game. Much easier and less likely to damage anything. Good luck.

Good idea!

1 month later
#12161 5 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

I have the EXACT same problem. Position is good on the way out (left) but it overshoots about 1/2" - 3/4" on the return to the right. EVERY single insert.
What did we hear from Stern for the fix?
Thank you!

Same here. Tried to adjust the opto flag. Just made the problem the opposite way. It only started recently, I just assumed a bolt was loose and need to be tightened. However, everything was good.

#12181 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

One of the things I love about B66 is every game I play is like a completely different game. I can spend a whole game playing Catwoman all the way through which is as deep by itself as most games in total. Then Bat-Turn starts. And I never even start a multiball.
Or I might focus on minor villains, and end up in multiball. Etc etc etc.
Endless possibilities and each time it feels like I’ve played a new game.

Spot on! This game and Lyman’s mind of code operation is amazing.

Quoted from Rob_G:

I think BM66 needs lightshows more than it needs another mode.
I don't mind bookworm in itself, but it's the combination with freeze and if done on ball 1 (or 2), can be potential for crazy points. I don't think beating just 2 specific minor villains should present such a lucrative scoring opportunity for the rest of the whole game. It would probably suck in a multiplayer game.
Rob

Light shows are coming. I agree that it would be nice to see a explosion of light stuff like Iron Maiden. It will complete the experience.

1 week later
#12266 5 years ago

You could try JB WELD, for a temporary fix. The stuff is crazy strong. I would stay away from the epoxy.

2 weeks later
#12399 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I'm seriously considering a BM66 as I love the theme/integration. I've played it a decent amount on location and while it's fun I find the rotisserie shot problematic. The magnet seems to hardly grab the ball and I tend to drain right after starting a mode a lot which hampers the fun a bit. Is this something that bothers people in a home environment at all? The one on location has been there for a long time so it is a bit beat up or maybe this is just something that you end up getting better at the shot the more you play the game (in other words I'm just bad which is a strong possibility here)?

Yes, sometimes the magnet may not grab the ball from a fast trajectory. However, having this game in the home environment you forget this and play on. The game is too fantastic and fun!

1 week later
#12451 5 years ago
Quoted from thecashier76:

How has Batman 66 held up for those of you with a small 2-3 pin collection? I’m really considering buying this as my first NIB.

Perfect! It puts a smile on everyone’s face who has played it. It complements my WOZ. I’m currently looking for one more for a trifecta. Almost had with Iron Maiden. ( I thought was excellent, family not so much) thinking about AFM.

#12497 5 years ago
Quoted from iohonnes:

Got my Batman 66 Premium last night. It's my one and only NIB purchase - it's newer than my other machines by more than 40 years. It's also one of the December 2018 builds with an Adam West card.
Everything is great except one issue - the crane doesn't center on the targets when rotates counter clockwise (the direction towards the home position). I've done a search through Pinside and found some other folks with the same issue but I couldn't find a solution or fix. It's not the worst thing in the world but it does smack the hanging ball into the side when going to the home position and when it's in the first position (in front of the right loop), it's close enough to the side that it hangs up balls in play. Any suggestions?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Underneath the plate that covers the crane mechanism is a small board with optos. A arm with a metal tab passes through the optos to stop over each playfield insert. (You can see this action in the test mech menu for the crane or turntable) The metal flag has a screw on the bottom to loosen or tighten that tab which has a cut out to advance or retard the crane mech when it passses over the inserts or going to the far end or home position. It will take a little patience to get it corrected. Some have even added a very small amount of tape slightly larger than the metal tab to help it to stop it before it slams over to the stop position.

1 week later
#12577 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So does anyone else's turn table sometimes not move in the correct position during games? Doesn't happen all the time, but its frustrating when its the mode to start a major villain, the phone is blinking but its not turned to the phone so it won't start no matter how many times I hit it. Anyone else see this on occasion?

It’s strange, I’ve had this happen every once in a while. My thought was, perhaps I shut off the game before the table was back to the tv position. However, once I started the game, it would return to the tv position. Obviously, that was not cause. It could be a code bug?

#12578 5 years ago

Btw,has anyone captured Shane and it shows him but skips the jail door sound and graphic change and not get a season credit? I’ve swear this has happened two or three times.

#12597 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I want more Joker stuff.

Indeed. I’d like to hear the Riddlers laugh track and the penguins quack, quack.

3 months later
#13870 4 years ago

It would be nice if Stern’s pdf would explain, the adjustments for the game & the standard. Most of them are Easy, “ free play” yes or no? Etc. Other ones are in trial and error, to figure out what exactly what they control or which way to set a effect.

1 month later
#14324 4 years ago

I’m in!

2 months later
#14815 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I love the option to hold left flipper and start to kill a running game. It gets used every time there are kiddos in our game room. My three stern games all have this feature at the moment. Its really nice.

It is nice feature.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 34.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fuseholder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=fuseholder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.