New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167576)

Batman 66 - Official Club Thread

By TigerLaw

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16,329 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,526 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

51FD26F2-40F7-46FA-8F2A-2F0C7F96E4C1 (resized).jpeg
20201127_111855 (resized).jpg
20201127_111534 (resized).jpg
20201127_111524 (resized).jpg
20201127_111510 (resized).jpg
20201120_151227 (resized).jpg
20201127_111801 (resized).jpg
20201127_111820 (resized).jpg
BM66_cover (resized).PNG
rps20201115_114708 (resized).jpg
28A15858-30AD-4DA7-801F-AB7E6310788C (resized).jpeg
F498268B-139F-4DE9-99DF-65F98434440A (resized).jpeg
11E654D1-0405-4841-ADD9-DD38FCE9E6AA (resized).jpeg
B61830EC-6D95-409A-B4DA-6A491707C735 (resized).jpeg
ABAD63ED-C130-4987-886E-5BB9FF932E53 (resized).jpeg
22440D00-724D-4C9E-A7C5-8377BDDC01A1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (3 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (3 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (3 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (3 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davidSpumpkins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3219 3 years ago

I need some help in fixing a problem with the ball lock post. I am running 0.75. It is releasing any locked balls whenever a villain is completed. It was working ok before I started experimenting with the game settings. I have restored the parameters back to their factory defaults, but the problem persists.

I am thinking of reloading the 0.75 code from scratch, as probably something in the code image been corrupted, or there is a bug in the parameter handling. Has anyone else experienced problems with either ball locks not being recognized, or false multiballs?

#3234 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I'd just try a factory reset and see what happens.

I tried that, and it didn't help. Something is really messed up. It used to at least behave properly most of the time, but now it always releases locked balls after any villain capture.

#3293 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Ok so I made a new trans-light for my BM66 LE#66.

Very nice work, but the style is completely different from the TV show on which the game is based. Us old timers who grew up watching the show would only get confused

3 weeks later
#3669 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Lyman has already jumped (or, technically, been re-assigned). Some time ago. If the 70+ days since the last Gomez Drop hasn't given you that clue, I don't know what can. Once the next game with his name on it ships it will be clear that the development timeframe overlapped with the B'66 "full time" period, hopefully that will finally be enough for people to accept what happened.

Someone please fill me in here, is Lyman Sheets the only coder at Stern? I'm thinking someone with his talent would be doing mostly higher level design work, with junior programmers doing the bulk of the coding and testing to his requirements. I have been on firmware development teams and rarely can one person do it all. Maybe Stern is too small to afford a team, but of course then there is gained efficiency of iterative design work on a working prototype, especially when dealing with the complex asynchronous-input state machine designs involved with pinball.

1 week later
#3832 3 years ago

I haven't heard the Penguin's voice at all yet. I hope licensing problems are not the reason, it would be disappointing not to have that laugh be part of the game!

3 weeks later
#4339 3 years ago

I'm very interested

Quoted from docquest:

Homemade. If there was enough interest I could make some more. Its 2 pieces of painted plastic glued together with a small magnet on the back to hold it to the grill.

1 month later
#4891 3 years ago

I saw there is a Batman 66 audience session at the Expo, so we should know what’s up with the game code no later than that.

1 week later
#5167 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Off topic, but has anyone played around with Flipper angles. Always felt the default is a little low, but maybe that's necessary to make the TV and gadget targets.

I was just tinkering with that. I found that raising them slightly so the alignment dimples are between the bottom edge and centerline of the flipper works well. Going any higher makes passing the ball from right to left after the penguin hole eject iffy.

#5308 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There are no targets or inserts specific to the minor villains and most are already dedicated to other characters or features from the show. So how on earth are they going to integrate them into the game?

The little TV can be anything. The bank of 3 TV targets can work with it too.

#5457 3 years ago

As someone who grew up playing the solid state games of the 1970’s, BM66 is a miracle, even in it’s present alpha state. I too am frustrated by the delays in the code, but I’m glad I purchased a premium version 2nd hand; $7500 is steep, but not too out of line with games like TZ or TAF, and just as fun.

It will only get better, just be patient. None of this will matter a year from now.

#5570 3 years ago

My batmobile turntable seems a bit sluggish, I can’t get too many revolutions (2-3 at most). Is this typical? I recall it spun more freely when I first got it, and I don’t see any obvious adjustment screws.

#5579 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Are you talking about the entire turntable mech? Previous poster was talking about the Batmobile spinner on the turntable I think.

I meant the batmobile spinner. It’s like it needs some lube.

#5728 3 years ago

I’m the Odd Man out, I like the original pile better.

1 week later
#6197 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I installed my mod and am happy with it overall. The flasher dome on the top of mine is pretty scuffed though. Anyone else have that?

How much was it if you don’t mind me asking?

2 weeks later
#6858 3 years ago

What is supposed to happen after you finish the villain escape multiball? I can’t get any of the villains to activate again. Only combo shots are available. I have to believe this mode of the game has not yet been coded.

#7028 2 years ago

I still can’t get any major villians to activate after Villain Escape is done. I went through 3 more extra balls and could only get combo shots and the minor villains. Is there a default setting I need to change, or is this part of the game not yet coded I wonder?

11 months later
#11386 2 years ago

I miss the Riddler’s signature inane laugh that was present in the very early code releases. That laugh was the best thing about that character! Let’s hope it can come back in the final release. Penguin’s quacking laugh would be great also! Maybe licensing restrictions prevent that?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davidSpumpkins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside