IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#534 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Has anybody been able to successfully update their code on the Premium version? I'm getting the error message shown in this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-code-discussion-v065#post-3540057

I uploaded the new code to my Premium last night with no errors. I downloaded from my MAC and moved the file to a 15 gig stick.

#675 7 years ago

I'm getting way too many air balls with the left ramp. With a good hit the ball flies off the ramp on the curve about 50% of the time. Stern looks to have anticipated this with a plastic shield over part of the ramp, but it's not deterring these derailments. I suspect soon someone will have a plastic guard out for sale....

#721 7 years ago

Had some friends from my league over tonight and in the middle of a game this screw popped out of a ramp. I screwed it back in and did a once over on the rest of the screws I could access and found two more that were about to fall off. All is well now. This is my fourth new Stern but the first to lose a PF screw. My advice is to check PF screws when setting up your Batman66.

IMG_1132 (resized).JPGIMG_1132 (resized).JPG

IMG_1134 (resized).JPGIMG_1134 (resized).JPG

#865 7 years ago

I took a page from what others have done here and elevated the left ramp slightly with a fat plastic washer on the top right side of the ramp. Then I started a game and fed shots down the right ramp and shot them as hard as I could up the left ramp. I would say the reduction in balls flying off the ramp is between 50 to 75%. I need to play it more but this is a good start. Also with the glass off tried to make sense of the rules by starting a game and hitting the targets and ramp by hand. Lyman has a ways to go before this pin is done, but he usually gets there. I don't know if Stern will ever solve the problem with the balls getting stuck in the turntable.

IMG_1137 (resized).JPGIMG_1137 (resized).JPG

#1009 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Try putting the leg levelers in the front all the way down and bost the back legs up try to pitch the game at 7.5 degrees and let me know if that calms the ramp down.

I did a perfect adjustment with the bubble. Between raising the ramp a tad with the fat washer and getting the level right, it's has helped but still not acceptable to have so many air balls. I reckon someone is going to have air ball guards out quickly for this game.

#1010 7 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Any premium owners planning on sound upgrades or getting the art blades?

Sound, no. I actually like to listen to music when I play and often have the volume on the pins turned down just enough so I can get the game sounds and still listen to my tunes. But the side blades, absolutely. I usually try to get them at shows to save on shipping. Then my wife puts them on because...well...I suck at it. LOL

1 week later
#1365 7 years ago

My initial update failed right at the end. I deleted the file both on my MAC and my USB drive, reloaded from Stern's site, and the second time was a charm. So far good changes to the code. Still working through it but a definite improvement.

1 month later
#1932 7 years ago

Just wanted to mention that this week Stern sent me a (free) kit to modify/extend the left ramp cover (to prevent air balls). Easy install. I took probably about 50 good shots on the ramp last night and not a single air-ball. Sweet. They also sent with the kit a "deflector" which is a metal piece to keep a PF air ball from flying on to the Batgirl plastic and going down the left out lane. I was originally second guessing my decision to get this game, but now it's playing great and the software is improving.

Love the mods you guys are doing! I got the Hallmark Catwoman and Joker decorations but have not "installed" them yet. The Hot Wheels Bat copter is a neat and inexpensive mod. Glued a magnet on the bottom and attached it to the left ramp gate (hijacked the idea from others here in the forum). Next show I go to I'll pick up the side blades....

#1934 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You called to ask for it or they just it sent it to you?

I E-mailed them through the Stern web site and asked if they had a solution for the left ramp air balls. I noticed on new productions that the plastic cover had been extended over the ramp and figured it could not hurt to ask. It seems the problem was very wide spread enough that they came out with a fix.

#1944 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a design flaw. I've seen it on 3 B'66 machines now, yours makes 4 - so I had a pretty good idea what the problem was. Stern should move the mounting of those targets like 2mm out, move that support post IN, or trim the target sizes.
Glad it worked for you!

My Joker target stopped registering last night, so I think this will become more widespread as time goes on. I unstuck the target and it's fine now, but for how long?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.99
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=cyrus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.